• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Game is complaining that it needs to finish downloading before I can do the next mission, but as far as I can tell it's finished downloading. I reset the game and it still happened. Is this a bug?

f@luS

More than a member.
Just started playing. It looks quite good but mostly even that's sad it's not 60fps it doesn't feel like 30. Very smooth :)

jwk94

Game is complaining that it needs to finish downloading before I can do the next mission, but as far as I can tell it's finished downloading. I reset the game and it still happened. Is this a bug?

Nah. What you have downloaded is the PlayGo portion. Essentially, that allows you to play big games early before they finish downloading. To see how much you have left, go to the XMB, press options on the game icon then go to info and scroll to the bottom.

Turin

Banned
Seems pretty cool so far.

I still need to get used to the combat. It's been a very long time since I've tried a 3rd person DB game(8 years actually).

k1t4j

Went online and all I saw was Goku clones with Trunks Swords :D

I feel special being a really tall, buffed Namekian

Dominator

Damn I'm actually really hyped to play this. Last game I bought was Burst Limit, so its been awhile. I played the hell out of Budokai 1-3 and Tenkaichi 1-3 (3 especially, so much damn content). I played the Raging Blasts and Ultimate Tenkaichi, and they just didn't do it for me. UT and Battle of Z (only played the demo but it was enough) were the worst.

Nordicus

Heavy.com written review, Xbox One version:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse is one of the better franchise fighters to come out in a very long time. It’s immersive story mode leads to a more fulfilling experience that’s packed with interesting scenarios and intense battles. The much improved character customization mode, wealth of offline/online missions, beautiful graphics and familiar cast makes this fighter hard to beat. While we lament the lack of several missing fighters and the option to pick other modes from the main menu, these factors don’t hurt the overall experience of this great anime fighter.

Score: 8.75/10

Pros:

Fresh reimagining of the traditional storytelling of sagas
Fun character customization mode
Wide open hub world is packed with offline and online content

Cons:

Surprising array of missing character transformations and movie characters
Hub world replaces main menu mechanic of selecting other modes, which may be problematic for some
The lack of a quick, simple menu for some of the modes is a very good point.

Damn I'm actually really hyped to play this.
Yeah, I wasn't too excited about this few weeks ago, but with the increased footage recently, I'm now feeling this almost maddening itch to play it.

Durden77

I love me some DBZ....I might get suckered into another game if it's fun enough. I just don't know if I should go PC or PS4. Can you do local play on the consoles?

Muzicfreq

Banned
I can't get online to work at all. On xbox. Do you have to reach a certain point in the story to unlock it?

Not too far in but you have to exit out to menu and go back in with your character and it will have 2 choices of modes.

Also looking around I can see why 30fps locked for consoles. TONS of effects going on even in town with outlines and stuff.

ZeroX03

Banned
For those having issues with the pre-order DLC. If you go to settings > PSN, you should find an option called "Restore Licenses" which is supposed to fix things like this when you can't access them. Works a treat for me!

Probably a stupid question but in terms of online multiplayer, can you use your custom fighter and do co-op missions with your friends custom fighter, similar to Battle of Z last year?

Muzicfreq

Banned
for the 4K/60 support I guess.
told myself that
Multiplats - PC
Exclusives - Console

but hmmm :/

I dunno, 30fps lock is buttery smooth for this game surprisingly. Only benefit for PC I can see is hopefully better AA and possibly the 4k... if they made the textures for it.
The one thing I wonder is how stable the PC community will be for the game which is why I personally chose PS4.

Still so tempted to get this even though I have no idea if I'd like it as a game or not. I haven't really watched any DBZ movies, but I'm very nostalgic for the show.

Does this game have JPN voices by any chance?

Kiyo

So only the parallel quests are able to be done in coop? Or can you do the time quests (I assume this is the main story?) with 2-3 people as well?

I'm REALLY enjoying this.
When you pick it up, its pretty simple but as you play more, you can definitely see that theres some depth.
Man, a Xenoverse 2 would probably be extremely good.
The base they have now is great.

Melpontro

Found the texture that controls the color/shading of the characters and did this as a quick test edit to Goku's chest model. I think a mod for flatter cel shading should be pretty simple to do.
yCz2C9e.jpg

Just a few more days until I can start testing on the PC version instead, which should save a lot of time.

Revven

『Inaba Resident』;153456389 said:
The lack of step cancels is disappointing.
Each character only has one or two strings that can be step canceled.

I heard in the Network Test characters had more step cancels but they took them away in the final version. :/

Corgi

Banned
is it a good time single player stuff?

I feel like I can have good fun if the single player is good and building custom character is addicting.

I'm having a pretty good time playing single player just doing quests, unlocking costumes and moves for my character. Haven't unlocked online yet I don't think

I heard in the Network Test characters had more step cancels but they took them away in the final version. :/

Wow, thats upsetting.
Currently they can only be used effectively if the one or two strings you can do it with are blocked so you can make it safe.
If it hits, it sends your opponent flying and step canceling after this , in most cases, doesn't allow you to follow up.

Also, I've heard that jump cancels are in but I've yet to do it.

Revven

『Inaba Resident』;153468527 said:
Wow, thats upsetting.
Currently they can only be used effectively if the one or two strings you can do it with are blocked so you can make it safe.
If it hits, it sends your opponent flying and step canceling after this , in most cases, doesn't allow you to follow up.

Also, I've heard that jump cancels are in but I've yet to do it.

Oof, that sounds bad...

And yeah jump cancels are in but I don't have the game yet for myself to figure out which combos on which characters have it. I only know of one which chaospunishment (a guy on youtube) shows here with Future Trunks and he repeats the jump cancel several times. He also jump cancels the end of Trunks' throw by the looks of things at the end of the video.

is it a good time single player stuff?

I feel like I can have good fun if the single player is good and building custom character is addicting.

Would like to know this as well.

Don't have the game yet (picking it up this afternoon) but from what I watched on streams the single player is really meaty compared to previous DBZ games and it's also really challenging (in a good way, not a cheap way). Some other GAFfers have made some early impressions posts from midnight last night in here if you need opinions from people who do have the game and etc.

Oof, that sounds bad...

And yeah jump cancels are in but I don't have the game yet for myself to figure out which combos on which characters have it. I only know of one which chaospunishment (a guy on youtube) shows here with Future Trunks and he repeats the jump cancel several times. He also jump cancels the end of Trunks' throw by the looks of things at the end of the video.

Thanks for this.
I've noticed that he jump canceled with meter which I don't understand because when I try it with meter, I just teleport mid combo.
I can't even do it without meter but then again I'm using Goku so I'm not sure if he can even jump cancel.

Top Bottom