• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Dominator

Wow Amazon really did run out of ps4 copies just checked. Was thinking to buy digital anyways.

Man I have so few physical copies of ps4 games its a shame. Basically none really beyond Diablo ultimate editon
I have like 40 physical games lol

Love those blue boxes.

Dereck

Could end up being a Burst Limit situation. I don't see any reason to pass on this if the only reason is the potential sequel could possibly be better.
My issue is every new DBZ game ignoring everything that came out before it, instead of consolidating every good idea that's been done before, every new game scraps everything from previous series and makes something new.

One example, the stages are still super small, the stage destruction is rudimentary, the game kind of looks like Battle of Z, but this game isn't a sequel to it. Battle of Z kind of looks like Battle Royale, but that's an arcade game. Seems like all of these developers want to make DBZ games but no one wants to consolidate any great ideas. I'm glad that new DBZ games are being made, but they aren't for everybody.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If we get a sequel, I wanna see Animal-Humans, Androids, Makai Realm (think Garlic Jr., Piccolo's children, etc.), and Kaio as new Custom Character Races.

I'd even be happy with Tuffles.

Snaku

Banned
My issue is every new DBZ game ignoring everything that came out before it, instead of consolidating every good idea that's been done before, every new game scraps everything from previous series and makes something new.

One example, the stages are still super small, the stage destruction is rudimentary, the game kind of looks like Battle of Z, but this game isn't a sequel to it. Battle of Z kind of looks like Battle Royale, but that's an arcade game. Seems like all of these developers want to make DBZ games but no one wants to consolidate any great ideas. I'm glad that new DBZ games are being made, but they aren't for everybody.

Different developers make different games. If you want one developer making the same DBZ game every year with a roster update and some minor gimmick to differentiate it from the previous year you'll get Madden or WWE.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is this still a fighting game? Just with online components?

Might pickup a copy in a few months

Last time DIMPS was at the helm we got budokai 1-3 and infinite world. Each game was a huge refinement over the previous in terms of actual fighting game mechanics. It was a beautiful era of iteration and refinement until spike came along.

Is DIMPS actually planning to continue making DBZ games? That'd be really awesome.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Well, what you mention also hedges on the fact that Dragon Ball games don't have the same goals, and what's good for one either gets in the way of the other, or the focus of a particular game takes the dev resources in a different direction. Story desires detract from gameplay. Multiplayer greater than 2 detracts from destruction. The constant begging for HUGE cast of characters detracts from what should be the truer concern, actual unique characters.

It'd be nice if we could get a company to sit and develop a Square Enix-time-investment level DBZ Omni-game, but that's not really likely to happen.

I hope Xenoverse can be, say, one of 2 DBZ series that persist through this generation. Or even better, it can be the only series, and become the triple-A DBZ we'd all want.

This one seems to do great with making the character individualized, while still being able to provide a lot of them. Keep that going, grow the character creation alongside it, and add layers to the gameplay that work along with some strategic destruction, and I'd be pretty happy.

levyjl1988

Banned
Got up to level 21. The max level you can get to is 80. The initial part of the game is a bit of a learning curve and grind until you can new skills. If you preordered the Gold Armor will carry you further. Invest in Health and Basic attack in stat point allocation to survive other the brutality. And don't forget to always grind by replaying missions when your stronger to earn experience and cash to buy the skills.

Got up to level 21. The max level you can get to is 80. The initial part of the game is a bit of a learning curve and grind until you can new skills. If you preordered the Gold Armor will carry you further. Invest in Health and Basic attack in stat point allocation to survive other the brutality. And don't forget to always grind by replaying missions when your stronger to earn experience and cash to buy the skills.

How long does it take to build a character up? Would it be feasible to build multiple characters to max level or will that take a significant time investment?

Omni

Have to wait another 3 days here in Australia

stupid staggered release dates. It's literally sitting on my HDD. There's no reason for it. BLAH

Have to wait another 3 days here in Australia

stupid staggered release dates. It's literally sitting on my HDD. There's no reason for it. BLAH

As much as it sucks, at least we're getting it on Thursday rather than the usual Saturday. I wonder why on earth they do this, does it really make a difference in sales?

Hell, staggered release dates completely screwed the Lego Movie in Aus.

levyjl1988

Banned
How long does it take to build a character up? Would it be feasible to build multiple characters to max level or will that take a significant time investment?

I only made one character so far the other slots are locked so you can't make multiple until you get far in the game with the first character. Focus on one character and when you are ready move onto the next. I would say it takes considerable time. Enjoyment factor comes in when you gain more customizable skills.

Omni

As much as it sucks, at least we're getting it on Thursday rather than the usual Saturday. I wonder why on earth they do this, does it really make a difference in sales?

Hell, staggered release dates completely screwed the Lego Movie in Aus.
For some reason the digital release date on Xbox Live is Friday...

yet I can go in a store Thursday and pick up a physical copy. I asked support and they couldn't understand the problem >_M

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I preordered this but can't get to GameStop till Wednesday. Will they hold it for me, I already put down the $5 and don't wanna miss out on SS4 Vegeta.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do once I get to Toki Toki city. Seems like this thread isn't going to be that active.

Do those people do anything? In my gam after talking to them nothing happens. I thought they were quest givers or something but apparently not.

Nah they don't do anything. You just have to talk to them all then go back to Trunks to move onto the next thing.

Where did you get your gold armor? I don't see it showing up in my inventory.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I tried streaming but ran into an error. eh oh well.
Add my on PSN with a note saying GAF to Muzikfreq

Also bought the season pass.
I'm kinda nuts about DBZ games.

What do I have to do to unlock a training mode and a versus mode? I've been running chores for trunks forever and I just wanna pick some characters and fight.

Really, you have to make sure to talk to everyone with something over their head. Sometimes they don't appear until you are right up on them though. Once you do that you can talk to Trunks again (Did it on XB1 a few weeks ago and tonight on PS4, works the same way)

They're serious, that's what you do.

I literally JUST did it. It is exactly what you need to do.

I meant right as in that's the right thing to do I got it.

Top Bottom