• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oh man, I just realized gamestop pre-orders get a steelbook case, I hope I get one.

Was only applicable to people who pre-ordered before Jan. 20th, and they didn't have enough for them :(

Uh....so I preordered the game from Best Buy a week ago. Just picked it up and got home, there's no codes in the case for the "day one" stuff. Is there supposed to be?

If so, hopefully an email to Bandai Namco support would be able to fix it.......

Uh....so I preordered the game from Best Buy a week ago. Just picked it up and got home, there's no codes in the case for the "day one" stuff. Is there supposed to be?

If so, hopefully an email to Bandai Namco support would be able to fix it.......

If you have the Day One case, there's should have been a paper slip with the DLC code.

TCKaos

Found the texture that controls the color/shading of the characters and did this as a quick test edit to Goku's chest model. I think a mod for flatter cel shading should be pretty simple to do.
yCz2C9e.jpg

Just a few more days until I can start testing on the PC version instead, which should save a lot of time.

I would be all for something like that. Sounds awesome, keep up the great work!

patchday

Played for a few hours last night. I love this game! Great story I feel like I'm in the original anime!

Graphics so great! 30fps on my PS4 but so smooth! All forgiven!
Couldnt get online yet as of last night
Great gameplay!
Controls!
Story good!

Must buy for DBZ fans so far. Will post more later after get further

Found the texture that controls the color/shading of the characters and did this as a quick test edit to Goku's chest model. I think a mod for flatter cel shading should be pretty simple to do.
yCz2C9e.jpg

Just a few more days until I can start testing on the PC version instead, which should save a lot of time.

Anything to stop the characters looking like rubber is good in my books.

Early impressions: English voice acting is turning me off a bit for some characters (also didn't know Frieza's voice actor changed too....my childhood is crying)

Regardless: this game is awesome. It'll have to be seen if it doesn't get repetitive after a while but I'm really enjoying it. Looks great too

Macrotus

yCz2C9e.jpg

I really would have doubled dip and bought the PC version just for MODs cause I'm a big DBZ fan, only if it were purchasable from Japan...

I dunno why Japanese game companies restrict gamers in Japan from buying it on PC.
Games like Naruto on Steam are also unpurchasble from Japan.
Dark Souls 2 is purchasable though. All of theses are from Bandai Namco, so not sure what the difference is.

Purdy

Can't you create like that slim Majin buu in story mode :(?

Also guys I haven't watched the anime since I was like 10, is Kai the best way to watch DBZ again now as it skips a lot of utter shit? (I tried rewatching it recently and just couldn't hack how long they drew out some of the stuff)

Scirrocco

Also guys I haven't watched the anime since I was like 10, is Kai the best way to watch DBZ again now as it skips a lot of utter shit? (I tried rewatching it recently and just couldn't hack how long they drew out some of the stuff)

The female Majin are the closest thing. All male buus are fat, sadly.

DBZ abridged is probably the best way to watch DBZ again these days, even though they're still on Cell Saga. Haven't seen Kai, but it couldn't make the fights any shorter.

If you actually want to re-watch an official release then yes, Kai is the best.

If you want to re-live everything you loved about the series while also laughing hilariously at everything that didn't make sense, you should watch DBZ Abridged by TeamFourStar.

Picking up my pre-order after work today. People's impressions are getting me hyped!

Purdy

The female Majin are the closest thing. All male buus are fat, sadly.

DBZ abridged is probably the best way to watch DBZ again these days, even though they're still on Cell Saga. Haven't seen Kai, but it couldn't make the fights any shorter.

If you want to re-live everything you loved about the series while also laughing hilariously at everything that didn't make sense, you should watch DBZ Abridged by TeamFourStar.

Picking up my pre-order after work today. People's impressions are getting me hyped!

Cheers guys

The game is sitting at a 73 on Metacritic currently, putting it on par/ahead of Dying Light, AC: Unity, The Order and The Crew.

Pretty fair score, hopefully if it does any better then it wont be tied for the highest rated AAA game of February.

Will we be able to play this if PSN goes down again or something?
I noticed the "connecting to Xenoverse servers" in the beginning. Gave me Dragon Age flashbacks...

Kai sucks... its censored

but atleast it cut out all that filler crap

Revven

Will we be able to play this if PSN goes down again or something?
I noticed the "connecting to Xenoverse servers" in the beginning. Gave me Dragon Age flashbacks...

There's an offline option every time you turn the game on, you can either pick offline (which will take you to a Toki Toki City hub with randomized CaCs everywhere) or pick logging in online and stuff. So no need to worry about PSN going out and not being able to play this game.

I just got my copy of the game and I'm going to play it soon, here.

Having waay more fun than I expected to be at this point, only complaints are that the combat can feel a little basic at times and it might just be me, but time patrol Trunks always seems to be yelling lol

Does it say day one edition on case if you pre ordered?
It seems retailers have run out of Day 1 copies before the game was even released, I don't think Namco expected as many copies to be sold as this as is evidenced by people not getting Day 1 copies or websites being sold out entirely.

Anung

Un Rama
So excited for this. It should arrive on Thursday. I'm a moron because I just realised I can use my fight stick with this.

Kamehame-ho!

Durden77

For people that have it can you just answer me this? Is the gameplay basically just Budokai Tenkaiechi re-skinned for what like...the 5th time? I mean I had a lot of fun with Tenkaiechi and Burst Limit, but it kind of amazes me how similar they've kept it.

Even if it is, I'll probably buy it, but at least I won't go in expecting something fresh.

For people that have it can you just answer me this? Is the gameplay basically just Budokai Tenkaiechi re-skinned for what like...the 5th time? I mean I had a lot of fun with Tenkaiechi and Burst Limit, but it kind of amazes me how similar they've kept it.

Even if it is, I'll probably buy it, but at least I won't go in expecting something fresh.
No, it's a brand new gameplay system by the people behind the Budokai games.

No, its pretty different.
And we had the Tenkaichi series and then the Raging Blast games.
The only two series to play the same.

Dynomutt

and it was always utter bullshit that she never went Super Saiyan.

I chose a female Saiyan to start with anyway, just thought it'd be a lot of fun.

Yeah they could have made Pan super saiyan but IMO they wrote her character more toward the human side. The relationship she develops with Giru was really a large focus also according to Toriyama they figured out what a female super saiyan would look like.

Durden77

No, it's a brand new gameplay system by the people behind the Budokai games.

『Inaba Resident』;153505577 said:
No, its pretty different.
And we had the Tenkaichi series and then the Raging Blast games.
The only two series to play the same.

Yeah Raging Blast is what I meant. Ok cool, that's exciting to hear and cements my purchase. I just didn't know if I could take doing the same combo strings I feel like I'd been doing forever again.

Top Bottom