• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

For people that have it can you just answer me this? Is the gameplay basically just Budokai Tenkaiechi re-skinned for what like...the 5th time? I mean I had a lot of fun with Tenkaiechi and Burst Limit, but it kind of amazes me how similar they've kept it.
The similarity ends in that Dimps is trying to make a "DBZ game" rather than a "fighting game", just like Spike tried. Even then, Dimps is actually doing it right.

Dynomutt

IIRC 1/4 Saiyans can't turn Super Saiyan.

Naw, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. from GT had even less Saiyan blood in them than Pan and they could go Super Saiyan without breaking a sweat. Toriyama already said the only reason is because they could not agree on how a female Super Saiyan would look.

jwk94

So this game is always online right? I just got booted back to the title screen because the servers went down even though I'm doing single player.

this game is the GOAT

V4FQSTc.jpg

just a question, can you guys connect online?>

Durden77

Anyone mess with the local multi yet? Is it awkward or does it work fine? That's pretty much my main pull for buying it on the PS4 at this point, along with the fact it's not out on Steam until Friday...

Teknoman

Two questions:

How is the music, is it stuff from the series?

How is the online play? Because the last few games with online gameplay had horrible netcode.

Gbraga

Anyone mess with the local multi yet? Is it awkward or does it work fine? That's pretty much my main pull for buying it on the PS4 at this point, along with the fact it's not out on Steam until Friday...

Do you know if we're getting preload on Steam?

MagnesD3

Naw, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. from GT had even less Saiyan blood in them than Pan and they could go Super Saiyan without breaking a sweat. Toriyama already said the only reason is because they could not agree on how a female Super Saiyan would look.
It kills me inside that pan didn't turn super saiyan. At least it's not cannon that she couldn't since gt isn't canon.

(I always thought a female super saiyan would be stronger and harder control.)

Zunja

Can you shareplay fight?

I know in some games like binding of isaac you can co-op through shareplay and I'm wondering if you can do it in this one either.

I'm on the fence since, while my friends would play with me, they wouldn't buy the game. If I could shareplay fight them I'd go pick it up now.

So how is the single player?
Been thinking about picking this up since I am kind of intrigued by the "create your hero" advertising they been going on about.

Edit: Dimps made this? Now I am even more interested since I like most of their games.

Dynomutt

It kills me inside that pan didn't turn super saiyan. At least it's not cannon that she couldn't since gt isn't canon.

(I always thought a female super saiyan would be stronger and harder control.)

Also, they never fleshed Pan out. I mean she could have been the lead character in GT. Instead of Goku being turned into a kid he could have gotten sick and went into stasis, turned to stone, or whatever with Pan needing to find a cure. But they turned a bad ass character with a bandanna into a sidekick with a sidekick..

patchday

In the show, Frieza's
final form looked bout identical to his starting form anyways lol. At least in original series I watched
. Still would've been nice they at least scale up the model for a transformation.

Dying Of Thirst

Neo Member
So I just bought the game on PSN but it won't begin to download. Instaed it has this button which says "start" which redirects me to the same page. Help

My characters a human, yet she just turned into a super saiyan when I used Kaioken lol. Think it had something to do with the COM Goku using Kaioken at the same time

Revven

Played through enough to get access to the Multi Lobby option.

Initial impressions are positive from me. Game feels like a really good mix of Budokai and Tenkaichi. The controls are a little awkward if you're used to Tenkaichi but it's not too bad to get used to (I'm still learning how to do my ultimates as I keep forgetting I have two of them and not just one lol). Combos feel like Budokai, snappy and responsive basically. I don't know how to do much with my Earthling yet combo-wise but I imagine I'll figure some stuff out more when I'm a higher level and have more stamina to work with to make use of the vanish combos and such.

Story mode is... great. It's a breath of fresh air! The cutscenes are even really well directed and voiced (this will depend on which language voice you're choosing, of course). It's really cool and I can't wait to get back to it -- it's probably going to be the best story mode we've had since... Budokai 1 but this is just a guess based on how I'm liking it so far at this stage (which is really early since I only just finished the Saiyan Saga parts of the timeline). Oh and the way the story mode begins is really cool (I thought it was, anyway).

Music is pretty okay, much better than recycled tracks from 2011 or earlier... Toki Toki City music can get a little tiring. The battle music is good enough and they have nice tracks for the cutscenes that don't detract from what's going on in it so that's a plus.

Umm... customization is awesome and SSJ4 Vegeta is pretty sick!

Not sure what else to say, I'm really loving the game so far much more than anything since... maybe Budokai 3?

patchday

My characters a human, yet she just turned into a super saiyan when I used Kaioken lol. Think it had something to do with the COM Goku using Kaioken at the same time

I heard some youtuber say this is because earthlings have some super saiyain blood in them. But that would cause one to infer 'earthling' means you are descended from a Saiyain like Trunks, Gohan, etc

Reishiki

Banned
Preordered this earlier this week. Looking forward to Friday, although I still can't decide to go Saiyan or Human for my custom char.

Top Bottom