• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Teknoman

Man now im interested but not sure if I want the game on PC or PS4. I'm sure PS4 will have a larger community, but then the PC version has potential for mods, 60fps, custom music(hopefully...would be great to input music from the original series japanese soundtrack).

ZeroX03

Banned
Is there any way to improve the default ki blast on circle or change it to something else? Or is set by race?

If you guys don't mind what's the character limit for names? I'm stuck at work for another 4 hours and am killing some time by thinking of funny names to use for some characters.

It's at least 12.

How is it if you don't plan on playing online much? Story seem long enough to make it worth purchasing?

Definitely. Tons to do lots of challenged I've only played 1 online match.

I haven't been able to get onto an online server for a long time. Anyone else?

SougoXIII

『Inaba Resident』;153554993 said:
Each character has 2 Step Cancels, I believe.
(Default Controls) Triangle, Triangle, Square and another one I'm forgetting at the movement.
Problem is, Step Canceling is pretty much useless if you hit an opponent with this because it sends them flying and you can't follow up. The beta had Step Cancels for a lot of strings but were removed in the full game.
I've yet to preform a Jump Cancel off of a string but you can Jump Cancel a Kamehameha.

Also, if you want a ghetto training mode, you can always do the tutorial of offline time patrol quests lol.
You don't get an enemy but you have unlimited time to just screw around.
Though I'm not sure you can Jump Cancel on whiff, you can Step Cancel on whiff.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to use the patrol quest but was worried that the cancels wouldn't come out on whiff. It's nice to know that you can cancel specials in this as well.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Definitely. Tons to do lots of challenged I've only played 1 online match.

I haven't been able to get onto an online server for a long time. Anyone else?

Been like this for me. I turned off my internet finally to stop getting booted every 5minutes when it tries to update the leaderboard.

Teknoman

You know, this being an actual good DB game, custom characters, and seemingly no complaints about online mode...

GAF world martial arts tournament?

EDIT: Guess i'll put that online thought on hold lol.

DedValve

Banned
When I beat the game I'd definitely be down for some gaf 3v3 tournaments!

I know there are gt characters but is there a gt saga?

ViciousDS

Banned
How the hell do you move on with your mentor....I've been doing parallel quests just constantly using their super move and got nothing :(

In this case piccolos evil explosion

MormaPope

Banned
Just started playing, just did the first scroll of eternity battle. Spent 20-30 minutes making my Frieza. Haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time, probably since Dark Souls 2 came out last year. It stands strong as a game, it being a Dragon Ball game causes a huge nostalgia rush.

If you were a fan of the show at any point, its pretty much a must buy. Based on gameplay alone? I really dig how the same is setup and how progression/the overworld is designed, the combat is satisfying even at a really low level with default skills, items and customization is very in depth.

jwk94

The worst part about this game is the servers. I don't want to play online, stop trying to connect me. Then it says it can't connect to the servers.... So it tries again! Ugh!

The fact that there's only one level you can play in local multiplayer is really, really dumb. I was gonna play this with my roommate, I was excited to play a new fighting game with him but nope, only one level!

I'm not even a DBZ fan and this has me mad. I just want a game I can play with people in the same room that isn't Mario Kart.

tookhster

Man now im interested but not sure if I want the game on PC or PS4. I'm sure PS4 will have a larger community, but then the PC version has potential for mods, 60fps, custom music(hopefully...would be great to input music from the original series japanese soundtrack).

Man I'm on the same boat. I have more friends//family on PS4 who'll probably buy it, but this it would be such a fun game to mod, as well as that 60 fps goodness. I'm split 50/50.

Also, I love how one of the reviews on Metacritic starts out with "Dragon Ball Xenoverse doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary from a narrative standpoint" when this game easily has the most interesting narrative out of all the games lol.

jwk94

There's an "offline battle" option but I have no idea how to get the second controller started.

Yeah this game needs to allow people to quickly select menus from a dragon radar or something. Walking (and searching) to places is not cool when you just want to do a quick match or two. Especially when you have to walk all the way to Trunks.

Teknoman

The fact that there's only one level you can play in local multiplayer is really, really dumb. I was gonna play this with my roommate, I was excited to play a new fighting game with him but nope, only one level!

I'm not even a DBZ fan and this has me mad. I just want a game I can play with people in the same room that isn't Mario Kart.

Smash Brothers?

But on a serious note, what do you mean by only one level? As in one scenario or something, or one map?

jpd1408

Banned
Loving this game so far. level 12 Saiyan. Couple of questions?

Got a dragon ball but how do I get more?
Is there a way to get all unlockables in the parallel quest on one playthrough or should I repeat them even if I Z'ed it?
If I keep switching mentors do I loose progress? Got to level 2 vagita but want to to get some picalo moves?
Any tips on leveling your Saiyan?

ViciousDS

Banned
Loving this game so far. level 12 Saiyan. Couple of questions?

Got a dragon ball but how do I get more?
Is there a way to get all unlockables in the parallel quest on one playthrough or should I repeat them even if I Z'ed it?
If I keep switching mentors do I loose progress? Got to level 2 vagita but want to to get some picalo moves?
Any tips on leveling your Saiyan?

From playing....dragonballs can be farmed by fighting the random guys that you talk to during pq's.

Pq has RNG......sometimes you get the moves... Sometimes you don't.

Switching mentors resets relation progress, however I don't think it resets quest progress. Let me check this one real quick before I start over as a frieza anyways.

Just do pq's, story and enjoy the game for leveling. As for stats increase health asap as saiyan...they have lowest health pool. After that its personal preference

Top Bottom