• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Well its a good thing I was out exploring a pseudo open world like Borderlands/Destiny when I stumbled across Skull Level Perfect Cell... oh wait it was just during the regular linear progression of the games story. Regardless grinding for progression in linear games is shit no matter where it happens. The story mode in this game is a straight A to B affair, so it sucks having arbitrary "please grind now" barriers dropped in front of you.

In fairness, replace "grind" with "train" and you basically get the plot of DBZ.

Korezo

If special conditions is based on Rng then that is terrible..

Wow watching pc version making me want to douple dip, so smooth.. I knew I should of gone with pc..

Style

Banned
Now that the PC version is out, do anyone have impressions on mouse controls? I don't have a controller available for my computer yet, and would really like to try it out on PC.

Quoting my question for the new page since I'm very curious about it.

Enilced2

Dear lord are these servers hot garbage or is this game selling way better than they expected here? I just want to run offline parallel quests

Corgi

Banned
yeah pc one runs fabulous. Not sure why this couldn't run at 60 on ps4/xb1 o_O

is it just me or is the camera sensitivity while scouting insanely high with a controller on pc?

And whats up with Trunk's voice? Why is just so... angry :/

tag battles still suck though. Needs a way easier way to change camera between targets...

Everyone else in pimp gold preorder armor?

ViciousDS

Banned
Hm......hit level 23 with frieza clan and not sure I want to be this race anymore. Rarely see any buu character's online. With that increased defense it might be hard to die later on.

JNA

Banned
I guess I'll have Hercule as my master next lol.

I don't know what he could possibily teach me that would be any good but I'll do it for the lulz. :p

Durden77

I need to watch Battle of the Gods at some point, but SSJ God form seems kinda like a cop out. Unless there is a reason, it just looks like Kaioken...

I just watched it last night. I liked the movie and I like the form actually. It's simple, but I always thought stuff like SSJ4 was a bit too much.

Arrrggg I kinda wanna double dip on the PC. It runs fine on the PS4 though. Guess it depends if my friend gets it on steam. Any guesses on which version will have the livelier online community? Usually it's PC but I dunno with games like this....

"Ginyu All Day Long Baby" :D
5314E74AEC36EF07E925381D6A5B96423C51CFFA

JNA

Banned
Wow. Final Flash really is pretty damn OP. Combine that with Z-Soul "This isn't a game, you know.", it took away Beerus's health by 25% or so each time.

Was able to beat Beerus and Whis because of it lol.

Edit: whoops, sorry for the double post, meant to edit on my last one.

I just watched it last night. I liked the movie and I like the form actually. It's simple, but I always thought stuff like SSJ4 was a bit too much.

Arrrggg I kinda wanna double dip on the PC. It runs fine on the PS4 though. Guess it depends if my friend gets it on steam. Any guesses on which version will have the livelier online community? Usually it's PC but I dunno with games like this....

Gotta agree there. I never really liked the SSJ4 designs either and found the movie pretty refreshing actually. It kinda seemed to me like they took the best of all 3 series' and meshed them together. It could have used a few more fight scenes but I liked that it was about a lot more than that too. Even enjoyed the SSJ god design as well. I liked the way they slimmed Goku down in god form, it made him look a little bit like Bruce Lee. Beerus is possibly my favorite antagonist and if not, a very close call between him and Frieza.

Oh and I already caved and double dipped :D

Wow. Final Flash really is pretty damn OP. Combine that with Z-Soul "This isn't a game, you know.", it took away Beerus's health by 25% or so each time.

Was able to beat Beerus and Whis because of it lol.

Edit: whoops, sorry for the double post, meant to edit on my last one.

I use Super Electric Strike. It's the green move those androids kept spamming. It's wide and almost always works against CPU and it does alot of damage.

I kind of wish there was just a practice arena to get all of the combos down. Also, there's no feeling like taking a quest that's listed as 1 star difficulty and getting straight up massacred...damn you Goku & Piccolo...lol

I kind of wish there was just a practice arena to get all of the combos down. Also, there's no feeling like taking a quest that's listed as 1 star difficulty and getting straight up massacred...damn you Goku & Piccolo...lol
Definately, I call BS when they rank the Dragon Ball mission 2 star when you can win by flying around the enemy.

Mix

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I totally got the season pass. I usually don't do this for games besides Halo or Destiny but this is an amazing DBZ game

Teknoman

So...should we start some PSN/XBL/Steam friends list going, or a DBXV community on Steam?

Still browsing wikipedia for a good vegetable name for a Saiyan lol.

Its between...

Tumeric
Kombu
Wakame

so far...

Im not a fan of SSJ4 myself. SSJ3 was fine by me...but i'd be ok with SSJ2 being max as well. Would've liked to see more fusions though. I liked Gogeta and Vegito art style wise as far as fusions go.

Top Bottom