• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

New002

Glad to see so many positive impressions. I wish MS offered a week long digital day one edition like they've done in the past. Held off on the game due to wanting to hear impressions first since I have a backlog of games. Ah wells.

TimFL

Are there any websites that offer guides on how to unlock skills etc? The Steam guide section has like 10 articles on unlocking SSJ only.

Nordicus

Tested out the very early Skill Shop skill Spirit Boost and it really does give you a free super guard against even ranged Ultimates. Interesting

Grokbu

Hey guys!

Sorry, maybe this has been asked quite a few time. I and a friend are planning on getting this for PC. Is it possible for me to enter 2v2 matches with him even though we are not on the same PC (me sending an invite to him, for example)?
Also, if this works, are we able to do this in both matchmaking/lobbies open to everyone as well as private lobbies?

I use the "step" move to close distance. If you use the L2 step and hit X (or jump) with the right timing you'll do a jump vanish. The distance seems to be random but it helps me avoid beam supers and provides some mix up. I heard you can use the step move to step cancel some attack strings as well as jump cancel. I have not seen anybody talk about the more advanced side of the combat. It is early on though. Hell, the servers are still screwed.

Right, I'll give that a go. I just got killed by Great Ape Vegeta after he basically did Guile's goddamn Flash Kick on me.

The PS3 servers are being dodgy for me. I think I can play online, I just can't get into the online Toki Toki City.

Kiyo

Hey guys!

Sorry, maybe this has been asked quite a few time. I and a friend are planning on getting this for PC. Is it possible for me to enter 2v2 matches with him even though we are not on the same PC (me sending an invite to him, for example)?
Also, if this works, are we able to do this in both matchmaking/lobbies open to everyone as well as private lobbies?

Yes to both.

Yaari

Booted up the game for a second time this morning after getting it yesterday and enjoying it much more time this around.

But I do wonder when does Online become available because I don't even see the option yet.

I deleted my female Saiyan and made a female Human. I want to go melee so I had to revamp my stats a bit. And I was only level 4 so whatever. I do think there was some bug deleting a character and creating one with the same name, I did not have to start from scratch and I Was the same level as my deleted character.

Revven

Booted up the game for a second time this morning after getting it yesterday and enjoying it much more time this around.

But I do wonder when does Online become available because I don't even see the option yet.

I deleted my female Saiyan and made a female Human. I want to go melee so I had to revamp my stats a bit. And I was only level 4 so whatever. I do think there was some bug deleting a character and creating one with the same name, I did not have to start from scratch and I Was the same level as my deleted character.

Online unlocks after you beat the Saiyan Saga.

Muzicfreq

Banned
WOOOOOW Okay I can't even get into single lobby due to their server bullshit
Needs to be patched to where it bypasses the need for a connection for single lobby. I don't give 2 hoots about leaderboard crap unless it's the world tournament. BUT MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE IF YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION?! What the hell will happen if/when the servers are taken down for newer installments?!
tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Turned off the DoF on PC. Thought maybe they were hiding ultra ugly far away textures but so far everything looks fine and a bit better.

Bastos

I wish the game had a training mode, want to experiment with cancels, extensions, etc but during a fight it's so hard to do this

Gbraga

I wish the game had a training mode, want to experiment with cancels, extensions, etc but during a fight it's so hard to do this

Me too. You can abuse guard breaks to set up combos, but it's not quite the same. Especially if you want to experiment with setups.

One more thing to add in the sequel, I guess.

Bamco pls.

I'm surprised to see the game topping steam, and even having some solid twitch viewership.

I imagine the unexpected popularity is why the servers are getting wrecked.

Branson

Haven't the modern Funimation dubs switched back to his original name? Not sure about the Nicktoons version of Kai though. Always felt weird that the games still use the outdated names.
Yes they have! Which is why its even more frustrsting they went back and used the wrong name. If it's not in the Japanese sub/version it shouldn't be used if it's not the correct dubbing of it. So damn stupid. Makes me wonder what other bad decisions they made in regards to stuff like that. I bet they have "Special Beam Cannon" as an actual attack, because you know, that's right instead of Makankōsappō. Ugh.

Gurrry

Dudes - this game is awesome.

I have only put maybe like 1 hour into it. Done the tutorial and finished a few parallel quests, but gat DAYUM! This is amazing!

The music is killer. I had to stop and come here and post because the tunes are catchy as hell. I find myself humming along alot as im playing.

The graphics (pc) are buttery fucking smooth. I was worried that this might be a bad PC port, but I was wayyyy off. Couldnt be more impressed with the job they did on this. Tons of graphical options too. Cant wait to see what mods come out.

Im really digging the story changes too, instead of just playing through a saga like it was the actual episode, theres all these weird changes that make you want to know what happens next. If you have watched the series multiple times like I have, this will be a very fun experience for you. I was very thrown off by Frieza's new voice though. I used to think Frieza's voice was off in the show, but over time, I got accustomed to it and now I cant see/hear Frieza any other way. I dont know why they would change it. They shouldve found someone who could atleast imitate the original.. but oh well.

Im still getting used to the controls as this is my first actual DBZ game, but overall, this is a really great game.

I do have a question though, I havent seen a single actual person running around the hub world. I have only done like 2 quests, but shouldnt I atleast see a few people running around?

Loris146

I have only put maybe like 1 hour into it. Done the tutorial and finished a few parallel quests, but gat DAYUM! This is amazing!

The music is killer. I had to stop and come here and post because the tunes are catchy as hell. I find myself humming along alot as im playing.

The graphics (pc) are buttery fucking smooth. I was worried that this might be a bad PC port, but I was wayyyy off. Couldnt be more impressed with the job they did on this. Tons of graphical options too. Cant wait to see what mods come out.

Im really digging the story changes too, instead of just playing through a saga like it was the actual episode, theres all these weird changes that make you want to know what happens next. If you have watched the series multiple times like I have, this will be a very fun experience for you.

Im still getting used to the controls as this is my first actual DBZ game, but overall, this is a really great game.

I do have a question though, I havent seen a single actual person running around the hub world. I have only done like 2 quests, but shouldnt I atleast see a few people running around?

You must complete saga sayan to "unlock" online tokitoki :p

Jesus Christ.. I can't even log in to the Single lobby..

This is what I get for falling for the hype and buying this so soon. It seems this generation I won't be able to count on having a working product day 1.

Pathetic

Nordicus

This is what I get for falling for the hype and buying this so soon. It seems this generation I won't be able to count on having a working product day 1.

Pathetic
Yeah, it's annoying, the game tries to still access servers to fill the singleplayer lobby with player-created NPCs. There is a workaround of straight up killing your connection or going offline mode on Steam.

Loris146

Pathetic

Put steam offline. ( I agree anyway sigh )

Branson

I was very thrown off by Frieza's new voice though. I used to think Frieza's voice was off in the show, but over time, I got accustomed to it and now I cant see/hear Frieza any other way. I dont know why they would change it. They shouldve found someone who could atleast imitate the original.. but oh well.

That's his Kai voice. They changed it because the new guy can actually, you know, act. I think it fits Frieza much better. I haven't seen much of him on this game though, but it's fantastic in Kai.

Looking at the screenshots in this thread it seems like nobody is playing Namekian. Any reason for that? Are the bad or are they jut not popular?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looking at the screenshots in this thread it seems like nobody is playing Namekian. Any reason for that? Are the bad or are they jut not popular?

Not surprised.

1) No cool transformations.
2) Got bitchslapped around in the series.
3) Got bitchslapped around in the series. =P

Top Bottom