• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

Looking at the screenshots in this thread it seems like nobody is playing Namekian. Any reason for that? Are the bad or are they jut not popular?
Ithink they're simply not all that popular. Namekians have pretty decent racial advantages and their moveset has that bit of extra range

Maligna

Banned
Man I don't know anything about DBZ outside the most basic of basics, but this game is a lot of fun. The fighting is badass.

Not many people are playing as anything other than Saiyan and Human. You won't see many Majin, Namekian or Frieza race running around.

It's not because the class/races sucks though, it's just that everyone is enamored with Saiyans. So if you want to be unique, go Namekian.

Bastos

Setting some weak-sauce AI to play against kinda works, I guess. But yeah, really wish that were the case.
Where can I do that? The PQs?
Me too. You can abuse guard breaks to set up combos, but it's not quite the same. Especially if you want to experiment with setups.

One more thing to add in the sequel, I guess.

Bamco pls.
Yep, but it's very hard to guard break when 1v1, it's so easy for the opponent to just dodge it. I try to throw 2~3 punches and dash-cancel trying to get to my opponent's back, it's less risky than failing to guard break and being punished aftewards hehe.

Btw, is there any way to cancel combos into jump? I always teleport instead of jumping mid combo :c

Not many people are playing as anything other than Saiyan and Human. You won't see many Majin, Namekian or Frieza race running around.

It's not because the class/races sucks though, it's just that everyone is enamored with Salaams. So if you want to be unique, go Namekian.

I can't lie, it's pretty neat to be able to indulge in making a Saiyan character like me and my friends used to do in my middle school days when DBZ was pretty much life. I'm enjoying the hell out of the game now, but 12 year old me would have had his mind thoroughly blown by this game.

The Frieza race sounds right up my alley too. I'll probably make one once I beat the main story.

Ultimadrago

At least what they could do is add both colors.

I'd accept that. I could stay as Angry Launch allday erryday.

Speaking of which, think I'll play some before work.

By the way, do I have to complete a certain amount of PQs before Vegeta will give me the last move? I maxed the bar already.

Maligna

Banned
I can't stand that you can't edit the colors of the costume pieces from existing characters. It would give you so many more ways to stand out and look unique.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I'd accept that. I could stay as Angry Launch allday erryday.

Speaking of which, think I'll play some before work.

By the way, do I have to complete a certain amount of PQs before Vegeta will give me the last move? I maxed the bar already.

You just need to keep using his skills in your combos as far as I know

martino

So i begin to discover flaws of this game (level 46)
big flaw....
Coop IA is shit you can't play mission >30 with it because they are bad/the one of ennemies...
Thoses mission always end in 2 or 3 vs me with one/two ia spamming ulti on me with one on cac...
You will tell me play coop...but this mean slow as fuck search/room creation for only xp in the end....
when will i loot good tech/stuff if i can't play solo cause of shitty ia and don't loot anything in coop ?

No there is a problem with the game or i miss something really important (possible)
If so please help.

Danny 117

Was playing a PQ with 2 guys earlier on. One of them was FP Frieza who kept repeatedly saying "You're going to die!" Over and over.
I think he was spamming death ball. It was hilarious.

Looking at the screenshots in this thread it seems like nobody is playing Namekian. Any reason for that? Are the bad or are they jut not popular?
Namekian as a race is kinda dull. Piccolo is cool but his race is pretty uninteresting. What to they do, stretch and heal fast? Majins do that a lot more.

Plus the whole no females thing

moai

Game is awesome. Went namekian just to fight the saiyan army. I downloaded the preorder bonus and it says installed, but i cant find the armors in game, or do i have to level some more?

Muzicfreq

Banned
Namekian as a race is kinda dull. Piccolo is cool but his race is pretty uninteresting. What to they do, stretch and heal fast? Majins do that a lot more.

give me a minute. Namekians can be pretty bamf

Also if legendary Hercule badge is only 4star rank.... what the heck is a 5star rank worth?!

Maligna

Banned
Game is awesome. Went namekian just to fight the saiyan army. I downloaded the preorder bonus and it says installed, but i cant find the armors in game, or do i have to level some more?

For me the armors were in my inventory right away.

Ultimadrago

How was Battle of the Gods anyways? Seeing how silly this Beerus guy is in the game makes me want to watch the movie.

Yeah, they'll be on your inventory as soon as you can open the menu.

They ugly as sin though.

yea rip. Went back to normal clothes soon after equipping the Crystal Armor.

Muzicfreq

Banned

Dull? I think not. Also has some of the best melee animations
9o9QWS2.jpg

Alchemy

Trying to Z Rank "Saiyan Blood" but for the life of me can't trigger the event. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or just so unlucky.

Just played as Goku for a Parallel Quest. Went Super Saiyan and spammed Super Kamehameha for the easy win. That is not even remotely fun so I don't think I'll make a Saiyan character.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I haven't gotten into a multi lobby even once, but it hasn't stopped me from playing single player on PS4.

There's times where it loops where it tries connecting but boots me back and when I try again it repeats. then the last couple times it just hung at connecting for several minutes and couldnt do anything

N° 2048

There's times where it loops where it tries connecting but boots me back and when I try again it repeats. then the last couple times it just hung at connecting for several minutes and couldnt do anything

Disable internet on your console or steam offline mode should fix it until they get the servers straight.

I was wondering, can you carry people and level them through online PQ?

I played with some high level guys that were just wrecking things. I barely got one hit in and got rewards/xp. So I think so, yea.

Swarna

Reporting PC performance for anyone looking to buy.

Just got this game on PC and I was expecting to run it at 30 FPS since my rig is old as fuck. With all settings maxed out I get a constant 60 @ 1080p even in 3v3. No drops at all with the frame counter on screen. Very pleased.

My 5-year-old rig consists of a i5 760 OC'd @ 3.8GHz with a 1GB Radeon HD 5870 and 8 GB RAM.

I have to guess the reason for that is because the game doesn't use as much VRAM as other current-gen titles and that the game is CPU-bottlenecked on consoles that it seems to perform well on PC.

Scirrocco

I just uploaded pics of mine in the character thread, but yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot.

I fine them pretty good, his damage does feel a bit low, even buffing his damage stats, but hes almost unkillable, especially with health items.

CANT GET INTO SINGLE PLAYER LOBBY AGAIN DUE TO SERVER BEING PAPER MACHE!
ForPOJQ.gif

Theres a work around. Just disconnect your pc from the internet when you start, and it'll automatically log into offline mode. Then you can reconnect. But yeah this is crap.

Ok this RNG shit is starting to get on my nerves. No matter how many times I beat Saiyan Blood with Raditz over 50% health, with Gohan appearing, and a Z rating, I can't get Unrelenting Barrage. I want some more Strike Supers. And I S-ranked Invade Earth and only got Wall of Defense. What the hell

You'll like it better than Budokai fans. Even though they seem to like it plenty. It really seems to please all types of fans.

I prefer the Budokai titles to the Tenkaichi games by far (Tenkaichi 2 was godlike, though) but Xenoverse is a whole different beast altogether despite the surface similarities to Tenkaichi, and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's definitely worth buying if you're a fan of either sub series.

Muzicfreq

Banned
OMG Shenron is hilarious if you don't wish right away.
Still debating.
Options are
1. I want money!
2. I want a rare Item!
3. I want to dress up!
4. I want to get stronger!
5. I want to grow!
6. I want a new Ultimate Attack!
7. I want a new Super Attack!
8. I want more usable characters!
9. I want a second chance at life!
10. I want to be drop-dead gorgeous!

hmmm

Lagamorph

Had my first try at a multiplayer PQ today.
Got online without any real trouble. The time it took to find an available quest was longer than I would've liked, but besides that we all got online pretty well and the battle itself was pretty lag free.

We beat the enemies and then......then nothing. We're just sort of standing/running/flying around because the quest isn't ending. Eventually, we get a disconnection error and dumped back into the online hub world without getting the completion rewards.

I love this game, but god does the online need fixing.

Ultimadrago

Finished to story. Now I'm probably going to train under more Masters for completion's sake. I had real fun with this, but I just don't want to burn myself out before the DLC. lol

Top Bottom