• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Teknoman

Jesus Christ.. I can't even log in to the Single lobby..

This is what I get for falling for the hype and buying this so soon. It seems this generation I won't be able to count on having a working product day 1.

Pathetic

Yeah, it's annoying, the game tries to still access servers to fill the singleplayer lobby with player-created NPCs. There is a workaround of straight up killing your connection or going offline mode on Steam.

Will do.

And man do I hate that disconnecting from the Server (In SINGLE player) boots you out of the game. Come on, guys.

That's strange about steam version. I haven't been able to try the online city, but its never kicked me or stopped me from playing.

Nordicus

Parallel Quest 32, the one Goten give you and thus you have to do it solo, is some of the cheapest bullshit I've seen in this game yet

Adult Gohan and Goku at the end, who are in constant Super Saiyan mode, keep pinballing me with their Super Kamehameha spam. I can't beat them even with my cheap "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" Z-soul that gives me Auto-Guard at max Stamina and retardedly good HP regen at max Ki (admittedly only level 42, at 50 they might suddenly turn easy)
This is what the fight looked like
d5BXW3P.jpg
Also, Raditz's Saturday Crash super is an amazing combo extender

OMG Shenron is hilarious if you don't wish right away.
If you'd say Shenrons impatient lines were TFS influence, I'd believe you

Muzicfreq

Banned
Parallel Quest 32, the one Goten give you and thus you have to do it solo, is some of the cheapest bullshit I've seen in this game yet

Adult Gohan and Goku at the end, who are in constant Super Saiyan mode, keep pinballing me with their Super Kamehameha spam. I can't beat them even with my cheap "I'm neither Kami nor Piccolo" Z-soul that gives me Auto-Guard at max Stamina and retardedly good HP regen at max Ki (admittedly only level 42, at 50 they might suddenly turn easy)

That fight is BS
and Shenron... somewhat

Nordicus

That fight is BS
Thinking about it for a second, I think some of my problems would be solved with an Evasive Skill that moves me around, not an anti-melee one that I currently have. It gives me invincibility frames, but once the frames are done, it's back to Kamehameha stunlock

Is it only PC getting these server problems?
I mean, I honestly doubt PC has more concurrent players than PS4 for this game, but it seems to be the only platform that shit isn't working.

TimFL

Just unlocked SSJ1 (I'm level 29).

I think I kind of dun goofed since I literally invested 66pts into health. I assume I should've spread my points more evenly? I still only have 3 Stamina and 4 KI bars.

Wait til you get to PQ 47.

Teknoman

Is it only PC getting these server problems?
I mean, I honestly doubt PC has more concurrent players than PS4 for this game, but it seems to be the only platform that shit isn't working.

I havent had any problems playing online, but the City lobby server has been iffy on all systems it seems. Havent been kicked or anything strange like that either.

Maligna

Banned
OMG Shenron is hilarious if you don't wish right away.
Still debating.
Options are
1. I want money!
2. I want a rare Item!
3. I want to dress up!
4. I want to get stronger!
5. I want to grow!
6. I want a new Ultimate Attack!
7. I want a new Super Attack!
8. I want more usable characters!
9. I want a second chance at life!
10. I want to be drop-dead gorgeous!

hmmm

WTF does #10 do?

Alchemy

Seriousy, fuck the RNG. Sometimes I think it is straight up broken. I fucking have been doing PQ 16, and the last five fucking times in a row Vegeta has failed to go SSJ. Just... fuck off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So what's the verdict so far on the PC version? I haven't seriously played a DBZ game since the SNES ones.

Yeah, play safe and also do abuse grabs when you can.

Yeah, I haven't been using throws as often as I should. Actually timing my combos and learning to guard break has worked wonders.

Which PQ do I have a chance of unlocking Super Saiyan in?

I do appreciate that this is one of the few PS4 games I own that doesn't sound low as hell through the DS4 headphone port.

Maligna

Banned
This game seems to be doing very well. Now I'm hyped and just want to go forward in time and see what the inevitable 3rd game in the series will be like.

Teknoman

Yeah just tried to see if anything messed up when doing a PQ while online but not in the online city. Didnt get kicked or anything. What exactly are you on the Steam version seeing when/if it kicks you?

I just press start, it tries to connect me when I choose a character, but tells me the xenoverse online lobby server is down. After that it just sends me into the offline city, but no issues joining online or offline PQs.

If I mentor under someone can I still switch to someone else down the line and if so what do I lose in doing that?

You lose nothing.

You can jump back and forth, but mentors appear at random if they aren't your current.

Edit: You guys are right about combo timing. Following a guard break uppercut into a launcher combo, to chase then KI blast works great.

Korezo

I played a strike based character online and it was so good. Strike moves are so easy to combo with and ultimate strike moves are so tricky and do a shit load of dmg.

Revven

Yeah, I haven't been using throws as often as I should. Actually timing my combos and learning to guard break has worked wonders.

Which PQ do I have a chance of unlocking Super Saiyan in?

I do appreciate that this is one of the few PS4 games I own that doesn't sound low as hell through the DS4 headphone port.

It's PQ14, you have to defeat Krillin before killing Goku in under 5 minutes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ok this RNG shit is starting to get on my nerves. No matter how many times I beat Saiyan Blood with Raditz over 50% health, with Gohan appearing, and a Z rating, I can't get Unrelenting Barrage. I want some more Strike Supers. And I S-ranked Invade Earth and only got Wall of Defense. What the hell

Unrelenting Barrage is hot garbage though. RNG trying to save you from yourself

Maligna

Banned
Agh, why can't I play via PS Vita remote play!? I'm stuck at my in-laws all weekend and really wish this game was compatible.

levyjl1988

Banned

I did that quest so easy though. Here's my post from Gamefaqs for the solution.

DY_nasty

You're kinda underleveled by a LOT

SSReborn

You lose nothing.

You can jump back and forth, but mentors appear at random if they aren't your current.

Edit: You guys are right about combo timing. Following a guard break uppercut into a launcher combo, to chase then KI blast works great.
Ahh okay thanks!

DY_nasty

The worst special in the game

By a long shot too. Impossible to aim, ridiculously low damage in comparison to Ki ultimates (again, I literally put zero points into Ki blasts and was doing more damage with non-damage focused ult like Vacation Delete), and downright confusing at best to combo into.

Tsunamo

SSJ4 Vegeta's amazing in this game.

His normal punch attacks mixed with big bang attack are so good for getting damage on enemys. First attempt with him on PQ 49 and I S ranked it. It's too bad he's locked to being a pre-order bonus or being stuck behind a paywall (when they eventually release him on PSN) because he's really fun to play as.

N° 2048

SSJ4 Vegeta's amazing in this game.

His normal punch attacks mixed with big bang attack are so good for getting damage on enemys. First attempt with him on PQ 49 and I S ranked it. It's too bad he's locked to being a pre-order bonus or being stuck behind a paywall (when they eventually release him on PSN) because he's really fun to play as.

They better release him.. :(

pompidu

Just picked this up. Took me 6 stores till I found this game. Shits should out everywhere. Having a good time playing so far, for some reason I can't get through the gate in the first parallel quest. What am I suppose to do?

That's his Kai voice. They changed it because the new guy can actually, you know, act. I think it fits Frieza much better. I haven't seen much of him on this game though, but it's fantastic in Kai.

You serious? That Freiza is the worst dub I've heard since I first heard "believe it".

Top Bottom