• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

What are some good strike supers to get early on? All I got so far is that ultimate where you just headbutt the guy to death lol, pretty bad

Apparently I have channeled the spirit of the White Ranger...lol

iJpU9M42P0kBE.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What are some good strike supers to get early on? All I got so far is that ultimate where you just headbutt the guy to death lol, pretty bad

Krillin and 18 both have really good strike supers in Orin Combo and Deadly Dance. Burter's Mach Punch and Mach Kick are REALLY good too if you can get the timing and spacing down. The Super Drain (?) is an essential though if you're going to be melee/strike heavy.

Sledgehammer's damage is really solid too but its a weird thing to set up. Shining Slash is one of the best strike supers in the game though. At full charge, it'll teleport you right to the enemy and the hit stun is big enough to combo right into with basic attacks.

Durden77

God playing this campaign really makes me remember how bad Gohan got fucked at the end of the Buu saga. All of this training, all of this waiting, to unlock the ultimate level on the "most powerful fighter in the universe", and near instantly he gets disintegrated along witg the Earth, and Goku comes and SAVES THE DAY!!

That whole story thread was bullshit really.

Man I wish you could tell your AI allies to attack one enemy each and stop ganging up on one so I stop getting gang-banged by the other two. In Tri-Race Coop Piccolo wants to marry me or something because he won't leave me alone when I'm fighting someone, always throwing me around with his long-ass arm. And then he ignores me once everyone else is dead, what a cunt.

Spux666

Banned
Does anyone know how to trigger bonus objectives in PQ's? I'm playing with a friend and we can't seem to unlock any of them even though I've done it by myself online with strangers.

martino

God playing this campaign really makes me remember how bad Gohan got fucked at the end of the Buu saga. All of this training, all of this waiting, to unlock the ultimate level on the "most powerful fighter in the universe", and near instantly he gets disintegrated along witg the Earth, and Goku comes and SAVES THE DAY!!

That whole story thread was bullshit really.

Die or not question is Can goku 3 face the buu he destroys ? i doubt it but there is no clear fact to real back this feel.

Basketball

You serious? That Freiza is the worst dub I've heard since I first heard "believe it".

Yeah this Frieza's voice blows

the funi dub Frieza did sound like a old woman but you what that made it seem more manical and evil .... especially with the first and final forms

This Kai dub sounds extra cheesy even for DBZ ...cringy Goku dialogue in the game

please god tell me they didn't change perfect cells voice ... I didn't meet him yet

Nordicus

Beat the story mode, around 16 hours played. Got a new costume in celebration. I've graduated Time Patrol Academy!
You're kinda underleveled by a LOT
That "I'm not Kami nor Piccolo" Z-soul is just dat gewd tho on a defensive build. Heals an ultimate worth of damage in 10 seconds. I'm still shelfing it now, no need to cheese encounters anymore now that I've beaten the story.
So I just got a skill Majin Kamehameha from a PQ drop and I can't find it anywhere.

Any ideas?
Might be Majin race exclusive skill?
Haha the Ginyu Force twist is pretty awesome.
That entire part of the story is very fun and clever whenever it isn't frustrating
So what's the verdict so far on the PC version? I haven't seriously played a DBZ game since the SNES ones.
The PC version is great, which well explained by the credits listing motherfucking QLOC!

Nordicus

Seriously fuck this beerus and whis fight, it's not even difficult it's cheap. Trunks is ass and they're just eating attacks cause of their armor-_-
One thing I've noticed is that breaking their armor seems to be damage-based. So whenever I hit them with Victory Rush ultimate, their armor was broken for a few seconds afterwards, or when the Ki was not available, I'd use God Breaker on them and they'd be roughly 1 combo away from having their super guard removed

Dominator

Just picked this up. Took me 6 stores till I found this game. Shits should out everywhere. Having a good time playing so far, for some reason I can't get through the gate in the first parallel quest. What am I suppose to do?
Don't see anybody answered, but myself and a few others were stuck on this as well. You just have to hit R1/RB and lock onto it.

k1t4j

One thing I've noticed is that breaking their armor seems to be damage-based. So whenever I hit them with Victory Rush ultimate, their armor was broken for a few seconds afterwards, or when the Ki was not available, I'd use God Breaker on them and they'd be roughly 1 combo away from having their super guard removed

God Breaker is god tier skill, dam good.

Seriously fuck this beerus and whis fight, it's not even difficult it's cheap. Trunks is ass and they're just eating attacks cause of their armor-_-

yeah im there too

shit is garbage i had to quit it. im just doing a shit ton of PQs now hoping to get better shit for the fight, that im not Kami nor Piccolo Z soul is pretty good.

Just picked this up. Took me 6 stores till I found this game. Shits should out everywhere. Having a good time playing so far, for some reason I can't get through the gate in the first parallel quest. What am I suppose to do?
You need to talk to Trunks then pick a few materials off the ground with your scouter

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

that and level has a lot to do with the amount of armor you're dealing with

Vooduu

Sure, If you go off of nostalgia and enjoy bad acting with a very unfitting voice for the character. I really can't comprehend that after seeing that video someone can't see that.

All just a matter of opinion. I agree Kai is closer to the Japanese voice but doesn't mean the Funimation dub is "bad".

There are plenty of worse dubs out there.

Sean Schemmel's performance as Goku is pretty disappointing in this game, especially since he was as excellent as ever in Kai and BoG. I know in the JP audio, Goku's a lot more energetic but Sean just sounds like he's forcing a lot of lines.

I honestly don't know how anyone can prefer the old Frieza voice over the new one. It ain't like Bulma or Gohan where there's a difference in interpretation of the voice, it really is just an all round better performance and voice befitting to Frieza.

But whatever I guess. Cell, for whatever reason, is a lot more hammy in the game unlike in Kai or the original dub. I honestly like it and his a main reason I want him as a permanent mentor for Z assists.

patchday

Man this
Whis and Beerus fight
is such a crappy fight! Trunks lays down at the very beginning every time and I'm stuck getting double teamed.

I'm only L40 though. Maybe I'm supposed to be L50 at least hell if I know

Man this
Whis and Beerus fight
is such a crappy fight! Trunks lays down at the very beginning every time and I'm stuck getting double teamed.

Final Flash killled both of them pretty fast. but i had to keep running around and using all my healing items

having a health regen Z soul helped alot like a LOT

Man this
Whis and Beerus fight

I'm only L40 though. Maybe I'm supposed to be L50 at least hell if I know
Your not the I only one, I jsu finished grinding a fight so I can go back to them.

Any tips for the Frieza race?

I feel like I can combo into a ki blast sometimes after a strong attack which paralyzes them and gives me an opportunity to reset the combo. Seriously did an infinite on Recoome with this, but apparently it doesn't work on smaller characters? (Missed it with Ginyu a LOT)

Nordicus

Guys what should I be focusing on for my Saiyan? I've been boosting Ki and basic attacks atm ( only level 5)
Ki is good, but you definitely want to consider upping Blast supers (or Strike supers, though good ones are fewer), because as a Super Saiyan you will be spamming Ki-consuming abilities a lot

Nillansan

Reporting PC performance for anyone looking to buy.

Just got this game on PC and I was expecting to run it at 30 FPS since my rig is old as fuck. With all settings maxed out I get a constant 60 @ 1080p even in 3v3. No drops at all with the frame counter on screen. Very pleased.

My 5-year-old rig consists of a i5 760 OC'd @ 3.8GHz with a 1GB Radeon HD 5870 and 8 GB RAM.

I have to guess the reason for that is because the game doesn't use as much VRAM as other current-gen titles and that the game is CPU-bottlenecked on consoles that it seems to perform well on PC.

I appreciate the performance report, I'll pick it up for full price soon, so pleased to hear that it is a proper port.

Protome

So, is there any reason to get the Season Pass just now? Does it come with anything?

Or is it currently one of those silly ones where you can pay £20 for the promise of content eventually with nothing up front?

Hello XenoGAF, I am having some beers and looking for the proper excuse to justify blowing the money on this game. Can anyone (or two) give me something succinct and awesome to put me over the edge? I might be drunk enough to join you all then.

Thanks,

Mikey "F-Bomb" Fassbender

Question: Do I have to use my CaC to get SSJ in PQ14? Mine keeps getting his ass kicked, but I figure I'd have a lot more luck with Super Perfect Cell, who I just unlocked.

Mask

Any way to delete my character and start over? Could just delete my save, but really don't want to do the opening fights again..

Really not feeling my Freeza race character now..

Top Bottom