• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Rizzi

I got Kaio-ken x3. Sure wish Yamcha would give me his gloves. Does he have gloves? I feel like he should have gloves.

Any way to delete my character and start over? Could just delete my save, but really don't want to do the opening fights again..

Really not feeling my Freeza race character now..

Yep. Go back to main menu and start the game. You should be able to delete your character from the list.

elhav

Man Frieza is really tough in this game. I like his ki charging skill. You guys know where I can get it for my character?

Nordicus

So what stats should I focus on as a human? Not really feeling my stat distribution right now.
For human almost anything goes except tanky and defensive builds. On one hand, humans have natural Ki regeneration, which allows for more ranged combat over the course of a fight. On the other hand, a character with low Ki will trigger the Max Ki attack boost very frequently and you can deal serious damage with basic melee.
Does the steam version run well?
It's QLOC (saw in the credits), of course it does.
Hello XenoGAF, I am having some beers and looking for the proper excuse to justify blowing the money on this game. Can anyone (or two) give me something succinct and awesome to put me over the edge? I might be drunk enough to join you all then.

Thanks,

Mikey "F-Bomb" Fassbender
It's the one DBZ game where you can experience that DBZ/shonen moment, where your half-dead team thinks a fight is over (even get a Clear! message) and then immediately after, the last enemy(s) come back stronger than before, and one of you is possibly then killed in few seconds.

So you have to fight even harder than before to survive the encounter, and perhaps one of you will have to revive a teammate while the other is just barely hanging there, buying you time.

Deleting a character make u start to the beginning all over again or u can keep ur level ?

You keep PQ, items and skill unlocks it seems, but level is reset to 1. You can get a lot of level fast if you do a higher tier PQ though at lvl 1, and most of them are doable relatively easily. For example I did one of the first rank one and still got 3 levels on completion from 1 to 4.

Welfare

For human almost anything goes except tanky and defensive builds. On one hand, humans have natural Ki regeneration, which allows for more ranged combat over the course of a fight. On the other hand, a character with low Ki will trigger the Max Ki attack boost very frequently and you can deal serious damage with basic melee.

Thanks!

When is training over with a given master? I got Destructo Disk from Krillin, and now he just says the same dew things when I talk to him, but no trophy yet about completing training with Krillin.

I think you mean the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM7EBl5VziU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJYbvW_6xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST_Y2h01gek

I remember how hated the voice cast was when they changed over from the Ocean dub, and both Freeza's were the prime targets as the contenders of the worst of the English dub.

I guess over 10 years of Nostalgia could change that for a lot of people who only grew up with the English dub though.

It's the one DBZ game where you can experience that DBZ/shonen moment, where your half-dead team thinks a fight is over (even get a Clear! message) and then immediately after, the last enemy(s) come back stronger than before, and one of you is possibly then killed in few seconds.

So you have to fight even harder than before to survive the encounter, and perhaps one of you will have to revive a teammate while the other is just barely hanging there, buying you time.

Screw it, I'm in. Gonna get up in that azz, CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA style.

NOW EVERYONE MUST CONTRIBUTE TO MY SPIRIT (read BEER) BOMB.

Welfare

I think you mean the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM7EBl5VziU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRJYbvW_6xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST_Y2h01gek

I remember how hated the voice cast was when they changed over from the Ocean dub, and both Freeza's were the prime targets as the contenders of the worst of the English dub.

I guess over 10 years of Nostalgia could change that for a lot of people who only grew up with the English dub though.

I swear that voice gets worse and worse every time I hear it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When is training over with a given master? I got Destructo Disk from Krillin, and now he just says the same dew things when I talk to him, but no trophy yet about completing training with Krillin.

Could be wrong but I'm pretttyyy sure that's not the last skill he gives you.

Nordicus

In the in-game menu, pick Play Data, and then when you see all your gameplay statistics, press LB/L1. You should see the mastery screen that shows your progress in each one

Delio

Playing a mission and went to transition to a new area and now the game is stuck on the loading screen. Been stuck for five minutes now :/

Jarate

Banned
Remember whichever dub voices you heard first are objectively the superior voice and every other possible voice cast is "weird" sounding and shit

Frieza's Funimation voice is not that bad, but his new voice isnt bad either. Xenoverse sounds like a lot of the voice actors had a terrible director. Also, Ocean Dub is ok, but funimation dub blows it out of the water with its voice cast.

Could be wrong but I'm pretttyyy sure that's not the last skill he gives you.

I didn't think it would be. But are you supposed to keep switching masters back and forth, or do you complete training before moving on to the next one? Also, what determines training progression? Is it tied to main story progression or character level, etc.?

In the in-game menu, pick Play Data, and then when you see all your gameplay statistics, press LB/L1. You should see the mastery screen that shows your progress in each one

Okay, I'll take a look.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't think it would be. But are you supposed to keep switching masters back and forth, or do you complete training before moving on to the next one? Also, what determines training progression? Is it tied to main story progression or character level, etc.?

Okay, I'll take a look.

Use the ability that they give you, bring your mentor with you in PQs, finish enemies with the skill they give you, etc

Its not tied to the story at all.

and yeah, you should finish out everything with a master before moving to the next one because it resets your progress otherwise

Man, this game really does make you work to feel like a badass (but in a good way). I had trouble beating the last training mission with Vegeta to learn Final Flash. I could consistently get him to the phase where he'll pop Super Saiyan 2, and then get Big Bang Attacked off the face of the earth. That was at about Level 22 or so.

I grinded a few Parallel Quests, finished the Cell Saga and unlocked Super Saiyan along with pouring a ton of skill points into Ki and Ki Blast Supers. One crazy ass battle later, I finally beat him and got Final Flash. This must be how Vegeta felt when he hit SSJ and kicked 19's ass, haha. For however tedious the grind is, it really does feel worth it.

Revven

super saiyan boost melee i think

super vegeta boost KI

idk about kaio

Kaioken boosts attack and drains stamina instead. If you get the x20 variation, the attack boost is like +35% (read it on GFAQs from people who did tests on it) and you can use vanish or anything stamina-related as much as you want until it runs out.

Welfare

Man, this game really does make you work to feel like a badass (but in a good way). I had trouble beating the last training mission with Vegeta to learn Final Flash. I could consistently get him to the phase where he'll pop Super Saiyan 2, and then get Big Bang Attacked off the face of the earth. That was at about Level 22 or so.

I grinded a few Parallel Quests, finished the Cell Saga and unlocked Super Saiyan along with pouring a ton of skill points into Ki and Ki Blast Supers. One crazy ass battle later, I finally beat him and got Final Flash. This must be how Vegeta felt when he hit SSJ and kicked 19's ass, haha. For however tedious the grind is, it really does feel worth it.
Getting shit on

Training montage

Shitting on the opponent

Best feeling.

Teknoman

When I played majority where created characters with some SS4 Vegeta.

Cool, I hope the majority are created, and same for when the world tournament opens. If only so you don't see nothing but ssj4 vegetables and Gokus all over.

Edit: taking mentors with you builds training meter?

Revven

Oh wow. Only kaioken x20 gives you unlimited stamina. Dimps......

Yeah it's really stupid, x3 should at least give you that ability if they didn't want regular Kaioken to be anything special. :/

But now it's like the other two Kaiokens are basically useless because they don't have that ability x20 has.

patchday

How do I get Final Flash from my master Vegeta? I've maxed my 'affinity' with him (looking at play data master info). But this fool still want challenge me for the final showdown or anything. Already did the last 3 steps (got I'm the strongest, etc)

the super saiyan transformation is a random drop on the sidequest!? this fucking game

or buy it from the store. It's easy. I'm frieza race and even I acquired all the way up to super saiyan 2

Yeah it's really stupid, x3 should at least give you that ability if they didn't want regular Kaioken to be anything special. :/

But now it's like the other two Kaiokens are basically useless because they don't have that ability x20 has.

Dimps really should have gave the other races unique transformations if they were going to make Kaioken inferior to Super Saiyan. Now I feel like all the Goku clones running around the hub made the right choice.

Use the ability that they give you, bring your mentor with you in PQs, finish enemies with the skill they give you, etc

and yeah, you should finish out everything with a master before moving to the next one because it resets your progress otherwise

Okay, good to know. I've been using the skill but didn't know I was supposed to be taking him with me on PQ's. Thanks!

k1t4j

Lol at PQ 47, 3 3v1 fights in a row but the last one takes the cake, like seriously, the last battle is just plain silly, Goku and Gohan spamming kamehame, Goten flying around spamming ki blasts. I get stunned so bad from all the attacks.....

I mean if you are going to put battle these hard 1v3 battles at least, at least make it so that the camera works properly so I can vanish without having to target the opponent first.

In other news, i got to lv80 and these are my stats:

health:52
stamina:55
Attack:50
Ki Blast:80

Human, male.

How do I get Final Flash from my master Vegeta? I've maxed my 'affinity' with him (looking at play data master info). But this fool still want challenge me for the final showdown or anything. Already did the last 3 steps (got I'm the strongest, etc)

I just did a few Parallel and Main Quests while keeping at least one of his skills (Galik Gun) equipped. Dunno if that actually does anything, but I pretty much had no problem getting him to that point.

patchday

Thats not true

Nameless

or buy it from the store. It's easy. I'm frieza race and even I acquired all the way up to super saiyan 2

Have him in your party for some PQs get an A or better. Worked for me. Be prepared for a tough fight, though.
SSJ2

arevin01

Bardock missions is definitely the hardest mission for me. Trying to beat this without an AOE skill is near impossible. So I grabbed the Bomber skill and proceeded to KO 3 enemies in 1-2 hits.

Top Bottom