• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Yaari

Wondering if my Melee Human should go for Ki Super or Strike Super. I'd imagine I want some ranged attack in there. Then again I get a boost for not using Ki at all.

Gonna ask again. Any tips for the Frieza race? Like which stats should I use my points?

I'm guessing melee is best to make up for their weaker attack?

NZerker12

I've currently got my custom character as Final Form Cooler, but the problem is I don't have his upper and lower body parts (head looks exactly like him).

Are his parts in the game?

patchday

Have him in your party for some PQs get an A or better. Worked for me. Be prepared for a tough fight, though.
SSJ2

I just did a few Parallel and Main Quests while keeping at least one of his skills (Galik Gun) equipped. Dunno if that actually does anything, but I pretty much had no problem getting him to that point.

Cool! Fighting him now! What a rollercoaster this has been

I fired Vegeta as my mentor because I thought it would be difficult to acquire "I am the strongest". But after getting my butt kicked by
Beerus and Whis decided maybe should try to grab final flash. But man is this fight with Vegeta hard. He just went SSJ2
on me :(

Muzicfreq

Banned
Who in development thought it was a grand idea to tie single player mode to the online server if you have internet connection?!
Sj7osrQ.gif

patchday

Gonna ask again. Any tips for the Frieza race? Like which stats should I use my points?

I'm guessing melee is best to make up for their weaker attack?

I would give you advice since I'm now L43. But Vegeta keeps telling me I'm weak and I cannot defeat him within the time limit so...

But for real I just dump my points into long range ki/stamina.

Dumb question, do you have to do a number of missions before the hub place starts getting populated with other players? Or is there something you have to specifically go do? I've played through a few tutorials and just got my first master but the place is still empty.

Game runs great so far on my i5 3570k / gtx 670. The aliasing was driving me a little crazy so I looked it up and I'm having good luck so far with the Nvidia Inspector flag I found here (though I had to knock the AA down to 2x to keep it at 60, that 670's starting to feel a bit old lately).

KHlover

Banned
When do I get my first new Ultimate move? Just finished the Saiyan saga and am still stuck with that crappy Ki-Blast Volley. Completely useless attack in any map with even a hint of obstacles :/

Loris146

Dumb question, do you have to do a number of missions before the hub place starts getting populated with other players? Or is there something you have to specifically go do? I've played through a few tutorials and just got my first master but the place is still empty.

Game runs great so far on my i5 3570k / gtx 670. The aliasing was driving me a little crazy so I looked it up and I'm having good luck so far with the Nvidia Inspector flag I found here (though I had to knock the AA down to 2x to keep it at 60, that 670's starting to feel a bit old lately).

Holy shit i love you. :) Goodbye aliasing

Varna

I found 0x004010C0 to look a lot better. Much smoother running at identical settings. The down side is that you get this occasional flickering with ki blast and some explosions.

I grew up watching the Ocean Dub from eps 1-53 so that's what I prefer. Everything else classic Funimation Dub for me. I ditched Kai completely.

Guess I'll keep trying that PQ then, what a drainer.

That's a shame considering the original Z dub didn't get decent until Cell showed up and even then they had a ton of added dialogue and corny jokes when there was none.

Maligna

Banned

Pretty sure you have to beat the Saiyan saga.

Man, Super Vegeta dropped my first try but I didn't have any items so my team's HP ran out

Every time since I haven't been able to get it.

Got Kaioken x20 easy a while ago though, seemed like it would drop every time

I hate any of the missions/quests where you need to keep the AI alive (and they suck) but I do really like the idea of mini challenges within quests to unlock special scenarios

Also 2 life bars for SSJ2 Vegeta to get final flash, ain't nobody got enough time for that

iavi

Dimps did it with this one. This is the closest to feeling like a DBZ fighting game with actual depth since the Snes ones.

Varna

Dimps did it with this one. This is the closest to feeling like a DBZ fighting game with actual depth since the Snes ones.

LOL Those games are awful... every single of them on every single level. Though I do agree that this game is great.

El Daniel

Played this yesterday at a friend. He gave me free reign with the character design. He was very pleased with my Albino 'kill it like the rest' Namekian.

Haven't been able to play too much but I just picked up the Super Saiyan Ultimate and I must say that it is satisfying as Hell to use Super Saiyan in this game. I was worried when I realised that the hair doesn't change when you turn Super Saiyan but at least it's still really fun to use.

All it meant was I swapped out Kaioken x20 with a charge skill and now i'm sorted. I did kind of hope I could use Kaioken after going Super Saiyan though, that would have been pretty awesome.

Alchemy

Fucking fuck this fucking game. I've been farming Super Vegeta and the last dragonball for around 12 fucking hours today, NOTHING. I can't deal, this is the grindiest shit in the fucking universe. This game is going to push me to fucking pick up reading or something.

Loris146

Fucking fuck this fucking game. I've been farming Super Vegeta and the last dragonball for around 12 fucking hours today, NOTHING. I can't deal, this is the grindiest shit in the fucking universe. This game is going to push me to fucking pick up reading or something.

RNG hates you :(

Astral

I really wanna try this game but don't really have the money to buy it right now. Does Gamefly still do any free trial deals? I don't watch TV anymore so I wouldn't know.

Maligna

Banned

I see a lot of people getting upset like this. But I'm just enjoying the game and letting what happens happen. I get what I get and I make use of that. It's much better if you don't get hung up on trying to get a specific item.

Just gonna play my character till I beat the game and then make another and another, etc etc.

Muzicfreq

Banned
And here I am with apparently awesome luck and debating how I should build my characters. Even farming 4 dragonballs last night only took a couple hours

JNA

Banned
Farming Dragonballs is actually really easy.

Just do PQ12. Right when it starts, a few yards in front of you there should be a time patroller to fight against. If there isn't, just keep restarting until he appears and get it.

I get all 7 DBs at an hour rate at most. I did it in 40 minutes before.

Even though I though PQ 15 is better, I followed someone's advice and did PQ 12 to farm Dragon Balls. You start out in a non-fighting zone, and the Time Patroller should just appear right in front of you.

Keep retrying if they don't show up, and even if they show up and beat you, retry if their second item isn't a Key Item.

I've already summoned shenrong 3 times today for stuff.

Edit: Yah thanks for the advice JNA. BEATEN

cyress8

Banned
Wondering if my Melee Human should go for Ki Super or Strike Super. I'd imagine I want some ranged attack in there. Then again I get a boost for not using Ki at all.

Beat the game full melee. It is harder to do but alot of fun.

That Beerus and Whis fight is brutal though.

I see a lot of people getting upset like this. But I'm just enjoying the game and letting what happens happen. I get what I get and I make use of that. It's much better if you don't get hung up on trying to get a specific item.

Just gonna play my character till I beat the game and then make another and another, etc etc.

It's complete bullshit. Even gathering the dragonballs is based off RNG. Just had to replay Prepare for AOTS 8 times in a row to get the drop. And I have to gather these 3 times to get SSJ4 Gogeta, Super 17, and Omega Shinron??!! It's killing all my enjoyment.

EDIT: Just saw above. Gonna try that and hope I don't end up pulling my hair out.

Spinluck

This game is good fun.

Lots of flaws and terrible design choices.

If we get a sequel, then I hope it isn't cross been. Lots they could improve on.

RedAssedApe

Banned
don't own the game but just watched some pvp on ps4. dude just spamming some vanishing ball thing and other players can't seem to escape? what is this?

just taking advantage of noobs or is this game broken?

Top Bottom