• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Spinluck

I just hope we don't have that filter in the next one.

Is it the filter that is giving the game such a shitty draw distance?

Edit: The hub world is also very meh. If they fixed a some things the next time around then we could have the perfect DBZ game on our hands.

Putting Steam in offline mode will let you completely skip the server check, FYI. Definitely worth it right now, even if you can't do any online PQs.

And have any of you seen the mixing vendor's stuff? The Cell-related z-souls (tier-3) are insane. I can't imagine what the higher-tier ones are like...

Wondering if my Melee Human should go for Ki Super or Strike Super. I'd imagine I want some ranged attack in there. Then again I get a boost for not using Ki at all.

Human Female specialize in Ki Supers while Male specializes in Strike Supers.
I don't think there's a significant difference though.

I haven't seen a good Striker Super.

RNG's been kind to me. Haven't had to replay a quest more than three times to get the ability or Z Soul I want. Haven't farmed Kaioken x20 yet, though.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Can you get the Super Saiyan drop from completing the PQ online? Does playing PQ with other people have any bearing on what drops?

Is Ksioken x20 of any use to a ki super based character?

Not particularly. As far as I know, Super Vegeta 1 & 2 are what you want for Ki centered builds.

When you make a new character aside from your first, can all of the acquired abilities be used on the new character as well, or do you have to start the grind all over again? Because if so, I probably won't even bother with Kaioken x20.

JNA

Banned
This game is good fun.

Lots of flaws and terrible design choices.

If we get a sequel, then I hope it isn't cross been. Lots they could improve on.

I do agree with you there. The gameplay is fun as hell but the game suffers from MANY terrible design decisions. I can see why Metacritic has this game in the 70s range.

This game definitely needs a sequel no doubt about that.

I do have two complaints about the gameplay however:

1) the animations for some reason are a little late. For example when I move and then right away press a super move, it doesn't work. Even after the full animation ends. That really screwed me up a lot so I hope they fix that in the next game.

2) as a Saiyan, as soon as you get the Saiyan ability, the whole game pretty much turns into "Ultimate Spam". Fill up your Ki, turn Super Saiyan, constantly spam Ultimate move like Final Flash, Super Kamehameha, etc. Rinse and repeat.

I think ultimate skills overall should be even more powerful HOWEVER, they can only be used a certain amount of times. Like once or twice. That way it would solve that Ult spam issue in PVP.

Delio

How the heck are you supposed to handle this mission in Frieza's ship when you are body swapped? Krillin and Gohan are just taking way to much damage.

Welfare

How the heck are you supposed to handle this mission in Frieza's ship when you are body swapped? Krillin and Gohan are just taking way to much damage.

Go at your own pace and take out some of the soldiers, then when Krillin or Gohan gets to 50% health, focus on the enemies that are attacking them.

Piers

I believe there are capsules that can heal teammates. And spam the shit out of Milky Cannon.

I think ultimate skills overall should be even more powerful HOWEVER, they can only be used a certain amount of times. Like once or twice. That way it would solve that Ult spam issue in PVP.
Or even just make it that Supers don't drain Ki when Super Saiyan but Ultimates still do, that'd be a really easy fix.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

Mission was kinda a pain in the ass. I would constantly swap my focus on an enemy after about 25% damage to keep attention on me. Execpt the part where the little green miniboss guy shows up then burn him down quick.

Permanently A

Can't believe the bonus stages have a chance to not show up. And that theres no option to retry a mission if you didn't get the bonus stage... makes grinding much more annoying than it has to be.

KHlover

Banned
Seconding this. Ginyu hits pretty hard, but Gohan and Krillin getting easily overwhelmed along with the camera being ass complicates things.

Thirded. Get some hits in to fill your Ki bar and then use Milky Cannon. Repeat.

I suck pretty hard at this game so far, but that part of the mission was a breeze, none of the enemies even got CLOSE to Gohan or Kuririn

Thirded. Get some hits in to fill your Ki bar and then use Milky Cannon. Repeat.

I suck pretty hard at this game so far, but that part of the mission was a breeze, none of the enemies even got CLOSE to Gohan or Kuririn

Yeah, I just spammed the weak combo into Milky. The later battle got me way more salty; having opponents regen after you've beat them whilst you keep any damage you received is such terrible design.

What's the fastest way to level up in this game? I'm currently a lvl 33 Female Majin and I'm getting my ass handed to me in the buu mission where you have to help SSJ3 Goki fight 3 majin buus then you fight 6 small majin buus. I haven't been able to beat this fight yet at all today? Where should my stats be going as we'll?

What's the fastest way to level up in this game? I'm currently a lvl 33 Female Majin and I'm getting my ass handed to me in the buu mission where you have to help SSJ3 Goki fight 3 majin buus then you fight 6 small majin buus. I haven't been able to beat this fight yet at all today? Where should my stats be going as we'll?

Definitely parallel missions use online ones to do harder ones with the only cavet being it doesn't count as cleared there.

UncleO

Milky Cannon
I believe there are capsules that can heal teammates. And spam the shit out of Milky Cannon.
YES
Seconding this. Ginyu hits pretty hard, but Gohan and Krillin getting easily overwhelmed along with the camera being ass complicates things.
YES

Also when Guldo shows up get rid of him right away. He was torching Krillin and Gohan.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dbgx

GAF community for steam people. Join for easy vs, pq teams,the eventual tournament, etc.

Can i join? it is set as private.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/omar6195

Just unlocked my first beam, the Kamehameha. I must say it does feel amazing to use after going so long with just ki volleys. Yeaaaah! I'm a Saiyan!!

Yes, I finally unlocked all the characters after a lot of hard work. Dragon Ball farming is truly the worst now I'll start to work on my Saiyan and start playing some PVP.

Just unlocked my first beam, the Kamehameha. I must say it does feel amazing to use after going so long with just ki volleys. Yeaaaah! I'm a Saiyan!!

Oh just you wait! That feeling as you knock a tough enemy around like a ragdoll in a +30 combo and end it all by catching them in a Super Kamehameha as they bounce off the ground. When things get going this game can be pretty amazing. It does have a bit of a slow start though since the opening abilities aren't much fun until you learn how to chain in and out of them.

I've been occasionally dabbling in online, sort of waiting until my character is higher levelled, but jesus what the fuck is that green lightning attack? This guy kept spamming it and it was basically two to kill....lol

Kind of a bummer if that's going to be what to expect from PvP

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I hear those capsules don't work in Story Mode, only the Parallel Quests...

I'm stuck on that mission as well, haha. I just realized it's the first time I've played as a canon character (Ginyu) the whole time I had the game. Then I played a few PQs as Goku and such and, whoa, the canon characters make those extremely easy and you get the rewards all the same. It's sort of cheap, especially if you got SSJ4 Vegeta.

Top Bottom