• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

giffed this for now
ucZYPMc.gif

Damn, sick one. Mind to share how u do this one? Also, any chance to link it to a super or ultimate?

Nope because I've use all my meter. But I'll be upgrading my character with more meter then maybe add a special. In the mean time I'm going to be trying Goku combos.(Something everyone can do).

I've been grinding this PQ for the Vegeta Z-Soul for what feels like days. The nightmare won't end...why...

Is farming a big aspect of this game?

giffed this for now
ucZYPMc.gif

That X-factor mode.

Am live in anyone is interested.

AsfaeksBR

My internet isn't cooperating right now, so I'll ask here:

How's the verdict on the game? How's the single player?
To unlock the characters/outfits, is it only available playing through the SP or some of them are MP only?
Does it run well on PS4?

My internet isn't cooperating right now, so I'll ask here:

How's the verdict on the game? How's the single player?
To unlock the characters/outfits, is it only available playing through the SP or some of them are MP only?
Does it run well on PS4?

It runs very well on current gen and PC. The single player is a thoroughly enjoyable with a few pain in the ass missions. It takes the familiar Saga stories and puts a fun twist on them. I don't believe any of the characters or outfits are multiplayer only. There are some single player specifics, like ones that requires a wish from the dragonballs.

1 outfit and 3 characters. So you'd have to collect the dragonballs at least 4 times.

Corpekata

Banned
Alright for people that want to "Practice" local MP is a okay solution at least for testing combos and abilities. On PC I just use my controller for P1 and keyboard for P2. Not perfect as you'll kill them and have to restart obviously.

Figured out the coolio Teleport ender combo is Y X Y X Y. Final Y is the teleport and after you kick them with that you can hit A to vanish again and appear in their path and combo them some more.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Some people are focusing too much on the grind even though its more the same game with fighting. I dunno, maybe I just don't focus too much on it.

FDC1

I have 6 dragon balls (only 4-star one missing). I did a PQ, fought a police time keeper, got the key item message, finished the fight but I didn't pay attention to the result screen. and then realised I didn't hear the 4-star DB trophy pop, I go in the menu, and I still only have 6 DB. Are there other key items than the dragon balls? Is it a glitch? Damn, why I didn't pay attention

I have 6 dragon balls (only 4-star one missing). I did a PQ, fought a police time keeper, got the key item message, finished the fight but I didn't pay attention to the result screen. and then realised I didn't hear the 4-star DB trophy pop, I go in the menu, and I still only have 6 DB. Are there other key items than the dragon balls? Is it a glitch? Damn, why I didn't pay attention

Time Crystals if you've beaten the story missions.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Have you finished story mode yet?

You probably got a time shard, which you'll need to unlock the extra story saga for more PQs and Characters.

patchday

What's the deal with that impossible Frezia ship mission with about 20,000 henchmen while you run around as Ginyu.

I found that one pretty easy although the camera wigged out on me in there. Maybe I was higher level than you at the time? The friendly npcs on your team are scaled to your level. If you have a scanner, analyze the enemies. might be time to go "train"

That's what I did, there are only the 6 dragon balls

He meant did you receive a time shard.

What PQ did you do? You only get time shards from certain missions. Finishing the story or not should have no effect on receiving a shard unless I was imagining things.

T-Rex.

Banned
30 matches and the "I'm the strongest" Z-Soul still hasn't dropped ffs. Tried it with a friend during online co-op and it dropped for him the first time. WHYYYY.

FDC1

He meant did you receive a time shard.

What PQ did you do? You only get time shards from certain missions. Finishing the story or not should have no effect on receiving a shard unless I was imagining things.

I farmed on PQ#2 (against Tien, Yamcha & Krilin). I have nothing outside the dragon balls in my key item menu. I looked in every other menus, I didn't found a time shard.

AsfaeksBR

It runs very well on current gen and PC. The single player is a thoroughly enjoyable with a few pain in the ass missions. It takes the familiar Saga stories and puts a fun twist on them. I don't believe any of the characters or outfits are multiplayer only. There are some single player specifics, like ones that requires a wish from the dragonballs.

1 outfit and 3 characters. So you'd have to collect the dragonballs at least 4 times.

I think I know what I'll buy this week, then!

Nordicus

Okay, yeah, Blue Hurricane is overpowered to the point where I feel like it's almost a cheat. I basically almost 1-shot both the revived Gohan and Cell in 4-star Power Teams PQ. It seems as if something multiplies the amount of times it hits. It's a 5-second hurricane of death that hits as frequently as a fully connected Final Flash for all those 5 seconds

Spaghetti

okay so i'm totally in two minds about this game.

i can see like the germ of something fun, and i really did enjoy it for the early parts, but once you progress to more difficult enemies you sort of see where the game is lacking. i mean, first of all the block button is almost useless because of the activation time involved in using it, and the difficult spikes are only punctuated more by the inability to re-spec your created character. i don't know about anybody else, but i didn't really get what kind of fighter i was playing at until somewhere after the frieza saga, by which point i'd pumped points into stats i wasn't really using.

that's not to even mention the crashes on the pc version i've been having. game worked perfectly up until the cell saga. there's a workaround involving turning off fxaa and v-sync which worked... until i hit the buu saga and the crashes started again.

I farmed on PQ#2 (against Tien, Yamcha & Krilin). I have nothing outside the dragon balls in my key item menu. I looked in every other menus, I didn't found a time shard.

Well PQ2 is the mission to get the 5th shard but if you don't even have that, then I don't know what it could be or what happened. Sorry buddy.

the difficult spikes are only punctuated more by the inability to re-spec your created character. i don't know about anybody else, but i didn't really get what kind of fighter i was playing at until somewhere after the frieza saga, by which point i'd pumped points into stats i wasn't really using.

You can respec if you collect the dragonballs. Not the most elegant but it's there.

If they didn't have Takahata do some gag lines for Nappa they missed a golden opportunity.

Looks really fun though, is the PS4 version worth buying? I haven't owned a DBZ game since the first Tenkai (I rented Burst Limit, and the first one for the 360 whos name I can't remember) but this looks reaaaaaally tempting. Online matters absolutely not to me since I don't game online randomly anyway :p

Anyone running an unlimited Ki build? I was thinking it was too gimmicky to rely on at first, but now I'm thinking of respeccing to take full advantage of it. Trying to think of how that will work though.

I started with a female Saiyin, dumping all points into Ki blasts. At around level 30, she had 100, which, along with having Vegeta as a mentor, his Z soul, and Final Flash and SSJ, made the battles ridiculously easy. I jumped 10 levels so quickly just testing out the combination through the later story battles. I probably could have beaten the game in the lower 40s if I had thought to spam healing items.

Anyway, I'm not sure if an unlimited Ki build is better served by maxing Stamina or maxing Health. The idea is to only use Ki blasts, ever, so everything else is basically extra fluff, but I want the fluff to be useful too. I'm thinking max Stamina and the rest in Health would be the most useful, but other opinions are welcome.

N° 2048

How do the Dragonballs work? Do you collect them then make a wish and have to find them all over again? Like the show?

Guys sorry if this is asked earlier, but how is the story mode? Does it follow all the sagas properly? Are there any major battles that are skipped/altered drastically?

FDC1

Well PQ2 is the mission to get the 5th shard but if you don't even have that, then I don't know what it could be or what happened. Sorry buddy.

Worst part is I had beaten at least half a dozen time keepers since without getting any key item, so either I'm really unlucky, either it has really glitched.

Guys sorry if this is asked earlier, but how is the story mode? Does it follow all the sagas properly? Are there any major battles that are skipped/altered drastically?
The plot of the game is that history is being altered so your job is to make sure each event goes the way they're supposed to. It changes some stuff (like Ginyu fighting with rest of the Ginyu force instead of staying in the spaceship with Frieza) and has various twists because of the influence of your character and the new villains. Trunks actually always comments about each alterations in history. (Like mentioning that Ginyu isn't supposed to be fighting here) It's worth experiencing.

Top Bottom