• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

Evil Mystic Gohan
's Strike Supers are absolutely marvelous! I gotta have at least one of those. He basically had a super version of Victory Rush that jumped from character to character across an entire stage. Amazing 1v2 potential

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did further testing. My Majin killed Hercule with 14.5 Super Drains normally, 12.5 with Kaioken x20 on. So roughly 12-20% increase on Strike Super damage.

I also tested the ATK boost of Fighting Pose E, and it gives a buff of roughly 15-20% to your normal attacks while having longer duration and consuming no Stamina.

I think at this point it's safe to say that Kaioken, and Kaioken x3 are a complete waste of skill slot. Kaioken x20 still gives you that infinite Stamina which makes you a melee beast, but without that, do not bother.

Its not just the melee beasting, it basically gives you infinite combos if you know what you're doing.

I was running a human-ki buff focused build with a number of other buffs in use on the regular (Fighting Pose, Gohan's Z-soul that buffs you once any other buff activates, Recoome Kick's buff, Burter's evasive skill buff...)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71310891

Again, you can do STUPID, un-interrupted damage and generally be untouchable in PvP. Anyone can dodge a couple of Ki ults.

After I looked at this, I decided to just scrap the points in strike attacks and throw everything into basic attack, stamina, and health for my male human.

SSReborn

Two quick questions.

Has anyone found the best way for dealing with the KI shield things that the CPU throws out?

Second how do I deflect ki blasts I've done it before but don't quite understand how it was done?

Two quick questions.

Has anyone found the best way for dealing with the KI shield things that the CPU throws out?

Second how do I deflect ki blasts I've done it before but don't quite understand how it was done?

for melee units, there are some spells that are guard crushers. nappa has one for example. if you use it at the right time, you can not be thrown back during the explosion and then attack them right after. even if they guard, it won't matter. for ranged, you time the blast to hit right as the barrier ends

in the tutorial, they mentioned that guarding against an attack at just the right time would deflect it and leave the opponent open. i assume if you time it right, it must deflect things like the kamehameha as well. if you're talking about the simple ki blasts, i think you just have to keep moving to do it. not sure

Earthlings cant turn super saiyan right?

no

Two quick questions.

If you're talking about the occasional defense move the CPU does you just have to eat it. As to deflecting ki blasts, it'll happen automatically if you're moving when the blasts would hit you (from the front I believe).

Earthlings cant turn super saiyan right?

Correct. Only Saiyans have a transformation outside of Kaioken.

Man I have no idea what to do.

I just finished the first Raditz fight and now what?

I've been running around talking to everybody and I just have no idea what to do lol.

Everything is apparently offline I just don't get it

I've been running around talking to everybody and I just have no idea what to do lol.

Go back to the Time Nest. It's in the very top section of Toki Toki City. There will be one of the white transition walls. Go talk to Trunks there.

IHaveIce

Banned
why is everything so damn shiny in this game.. looks so bad because of it.

Wish they would look at the recent Naruto games for visual perfecton

Nordicus

The explosions and energy shields and stuff that knocks you back? Those Evasive Skills can really only be mitigated by throwing your own evasive skill or Vanish right after the hit and ignore the knockback, and making sure you don't go into prolonged melee without sufficient stamina.

My character's so tanky that for whatever reason, he just super guards through half the explosions.
a lot of people think that stamina is for nothing but defense /shrug
Oh, trust me, I'm not one of those people, even if I prefer to spend Ki to extend combos rather than Stamina with my Majin.

Have you spoken to Trunks again afterwards? If so, you need to go to the Parallel Quest booth in southern part of town, to unlock the side mission part of the game

Wish I could actually manage to hit someone with Blue Hurricane. For now Final Flash is the only useful super I have. Gonna try to grind for Justice Rush

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wish I could actually manage to hit someone with Blue Hurricane. For now Final Flash is the only useful super I have. Gonna try to grind for Justice Rush

Blue Hurricane is amazing but you pretty much need to stun someone leading into it unlike most ults. Saturday Crash (?) works pretty well. Strikes that end with a knockup work too but those can kinda get weird too depending on the character size.

Revven

I feel like Blue Hurricane is only useful in 2v2 and 3v3 fights where you're more likely to catch others in it. In 1v1 it's basically unlikely to land it more than just one time. Unless I'm just theorycrafting wrong there. :p

Blue Hurricane is amazing but you pretty much need to stun someone leading into it unlike most ults. Saturday Crash (?) works pretty well. Strikes that end with a knockup work too but those can kinda get weird too depending on the character size.

I hit Frieza once I learned I could move the hurricane. Unfortunately, the camera is so terrible I haven't managed to do it again since I can't see where my opponent is. I'll check out Saturday Crash though.

Nordicus

I hit Frieza once I learned I could move the hurricane. Unfortunately, the camera is so terrible I haven't managed to do it again since I can't see where my opponent is. I'll check out Saturday Crash though.
Before using the Blue Hurricane you kinda want to lure your enemy to highest possible elevation because there you may actually see/hit them immediately when the camera adjusts for the hurricane mode

you have to put steam in offline mode to play it. i think it's steam > go offline and it restarts in offline mode. if it isn't just google it. also it's not about being set to offline to friends, that's a different thing. you'll still get achievements in offline mode

you have to put steam in offline mode to play it. i think it's steam > go offline and it restarts in offline mode. if it isn't just google it. also it's not about being set to offline to friends, that's a different thing. you'll still get achievements in offline mode

Thanks! Are you sure about achievements, though? I know that you do NOT get achievements in some other games in offline mode - happened to me with Dark Souls 2.

Basketball

Some of these outfits on my female Saiyan - medium build

especially the Cooler squad armor
like wearing nothing at all nothing all

5799-thats-damn-good.gif

Luigi87

God damn it Vegeta, stop getting your ass kicked. I'm trying to get kaio-ken x20.

This is how I feel. I can get really close, but he's just constantly on Goku, and Goku does that damn explosion which decimates Vegeta's health and is constantly KO'ing him.

Wow, got Super Vegeta 2 to drop for me on my first try. Nice.

Edit: Okay, Cell's reaction when you get a Z-Rank while mentoring under him sounds like it could be something from Abridged :lol

Thanks! Are you sure about achievements, though? I know that you do NOT get achievements in some other games in offline mode - happened to me with Dark Souls 2.

i got achievements for the story mode while playing with steam in offline mode

edit: i got the achievement after beating vegeta as a master too

I think I'm done. This game is starting to be more frustrating than fun with all the terrible design decisions. Went real quickly from honeymoon to divorce. Least I got my money's worth with 18 hours put in.

FDC1

I'll retry tonight but I'm pretty sure I'm screwed, more than 15 fights and still no 7th dragon ball. I will have to create a new character and start from the scratch I think :(

Top Bottom