• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
finally got in after 2 hours...

hope someone uses the dragon balls to wish for a working server :/

Teknoman

Unable to as well. I was told that switching Steam to Offline mode allowed you to play Single Player, and it worked!

After all that yesterday, now im getting that connecting to xenoverse spin over and over too :p I wonder if these city server issues really are because of an over amount of expected players?

Muzicfreq

Banned
After all that yesterday, now im getting that connecting to xenoverse spin over and over too :p I wonder if these city server issues really are because of an over amount of expected players?

I think it is. Was kind of not really advertised much at all and so sales numbers were probably expected to be low. That combined with nearly everything needing to fetch server data

Game looks awesome in 21:9 and runs at a solid 60,very impressed!

Where's Shulk!?
Same here, on Xbox One

I was able to play and stream most of the day, but it would occasionally send me back to the menu after completing a PQ. I had to take a break about an hour ago because I couldn't get back in. Once Rayman has finished downloading, I'm going to try again.

Is there no penalty for doing PQs with characters other than the created?

Not that I know of :)

The plot of the game is that history is being altered so your job is to make sure each event goes the way they're supposed to. It changes some stuff (like Ginyu fighting with rest of the Ginyu force instead of staying in the spaceship with Frieza) and has various twists because of the influence of your character and the new villains. Trunks actually always comments about each alterations in history. (Like mentioning that Ginyu isn't supposed to be fighting here) It's worth experiencing.

Thanks. Getting the game.

Permanently A

Has anyone completed PQ19, the one where you have to train with everyone for the Cell Games?

I'm okay until I get to SSJ Gohan and SSJ Goku, I just can't fight them both at the same time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Has anyone completed PQ19, the one where you have to train with everyone for the Cell Games?

I'm okay until I get to SSJ Gohan and SSJ Goku, I just can't fight them both at the same time.

Had to grind and come back to it. Its hard until you've got the level to just brute force it

bodine1231

Where's Shulk!?

I was able to play and stream most of the day, but it would occasionally send me back to the menu after completing a PQ. I had to take a break about an hour ago because I couldn't get back in. Once Rayman has finished downloading, I'm going to try again.

Not that I know of :)

I've got them all so far,Shulk and the rest are in the other room. Thats all I can fit on my desk.

Scirrocco

After beating the game, I think Namekians are easy mode for story missions. There regen makes it super easy to just fly away recharge, keeping the enemy at bay with a few ki blasts. There are times when i didn't even pay attention to my health. The low damage can be an issue when you have to protect someone else, but there aren't a lot. I managed blow through all the other missions, with the exception of the Beerus/Whiz fight.

k1t4j

I just found that that if you get invited by a friend to do a PQ you also get a rating!

Also fuck that PQ where you battle Goku, Gohan and Goten at the same time.

After finishing it alone I felt so accomplished :D

FDC1

I finally got the 7th dragon ball after dozens of tries!!! Not sure if the game purposely tries to screw the player or if I was really really unlucky.

Shenron gave me Gogeta SSJ4 (not sure if it's random or the the characters are unlocked in a given order)

Gbraga

If the reason for why the server isn't working properly is because the game sold more than they were expecting, then that's great, but please fix this shit.

Namikaze

i hate the beerus and whis fight

2v2 and above is messy, I really only won that fight by luck. AI Trunks was either super useful and going SSJ/using his specials a lot or sitting in a corner while I got double teamed by Whis/Beerus (and you can't vanish behind them without being locked on to whoever is attacking you at the moment). I really wish there was an effective way to take on 2+ enemies in this game.

I finally got the 7th dragon ball after dozens of tries!!! Not sure if the game purposely tries to screw the player or if I was really really unlucky.

Are the Dragon Balls just completely random drops or are there certain requirements to fill? I only got one so far. But then, I'm not super far into it. Only Level 23.

i hate the beerus and whis fight

I just started grinding the mission directly before. Got roughly 18k EXP and decent cash each time. I put it all into Ki Supers and took out about 1/5th of Beerus's health with each Ultimate. That was the only way I could get rid of one of them before Trunks was KO'd.

FDC1

Are the Dragon Balls just completely random drops or are there certain requirements to fill? I only got one so far. But then, I'm not super far into it. Only Level 23.

looks like it's random. I got the first 6 relatively quickly by farming the same level but it tooks me hours for the last one.

Bogeypop

Seems only Patrollers drop them from my experience with the drop rate becoming lower as you get closer to obtaining your 6th and 7th Dragon Ball. Farming my second set right now on that one Parallel Quest with the Ginyu Squad. Might go with an Ultimate Skill this time as I found SS4 Gogeta rather lackluster, and don't think Super Android 17 or Omega Shenron will make up for it.

Top Bottom