• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

cHinzo

I finally got the 7th dragon ball after dozens of tries!!! Not sure if the game purposely tries to screw the player or if I was really really unlucky.

Shenron gave me Gogeta SSJ4 (not sure if it's random or the the characters are unlocked in a given order)
First character is SSJ 4 Gogeta. The next two are Super 17 and Omega Shenron.

Any special trick to get Super Vegeta? Vegeta doesn't want to transform in the fight after Frieza. >.>

One thing that NEEDS to be fixed is the ultra ki blast finishers. If I teleport behind a final flash I shouldn't be getting sucked through vegeta's body and still get hit with the fucking move. It's cheap and it makes some of the PQ's just fucking annoying.

Also SSJ transformation shouldn't have unlimited ultra ki finishers. Clearly it can just be spammed to hell and need a nerf. At least make a two time limit on Ultras and unlimited Super uses. It's so simple to just get SSJ2 Vegeta or someone and just spam final flash.

Overall though this is the Dragonball Z game that I have been waiting for and have already leveled up to 45 in a day. I just can't stop playing.

patchday

The more I play this game and ponder bout the various features- the more I love this game.

Just one example- In Destiny, I've always wanted to make a Warlock. But I never did quite get around to it. For one, the story sucks 100% like everyone should know by now. But beyond the obvious, it is not very fun playing with low level guns again.

In this game- when I rerolled, my new alt immediately has access to everything my main character already unlocked. All the skills, equipment, etc immediately work. I actually want to groom many alts in this game.

This game's a masterpiece in my eyes. I'd play more multiplayer rpgs if they worked like this.

Some guy on gamefaqs is reporting he seen a guy on a to scale broly suit in the tower. Anyone seen anything similar. I've seen Goku Wigs but nothing like a huge broly suit.

Neku054

Neo Member
Im sure its already a known fact but the game really does want you to go grind out PQs after each saga pretty much which i'm not a big fan of. From frieza (lvl 20? or so) to cell (mid 30s) was an annoying leap, more so with Cell having Super-Armor or something.

Also screw the first few Buu fights, i had to go SSJ and spam ultimates

Monster Zero

My female majin is undefeated, 100 Health, 100 basic attack, 37 strike super. she's straight blitzkrieg, I love seeing people panic as soon as they notice their health being shoved down their throat. I love fighting sayins, they are like puddy

rrc1594

My female majin is undefeated, 100 Health, 100 basic attack, 37 strike super. she's straight blitzkrieg, I love seeing people panic as soon as they notice their health being shoved down their throat. I love fighting sayins, they are like puddy

I been thinking about making a class like this,but been scared to do it.

RK9039

Is that all you leveled up? that seems interesting. I'm still messing around with mine.

Monster Zero

I been thinking about making a class like this,but been scared to do it.

It's abusive as hell, with cells z soul you get autoguard at max stamina, and increased defense at max ki, combine that with majins already high defense, and I just face roll supers

giffed this for now
ucZYPMc.gif

nyrxiyie.wz5.gif

Uh... someone had to.

Muzicfreq

Banned

Working on a Melee human (Panty)

Going to go
Health ~50
Stamina ~50
Basic Attack 80
Strike super ~50

When did these become available for you? Might not spend anymore points on Ki if I can grab max charge.

Dunno. I just finally went to the skill shop

OH I also got Goku's Z-Soul when you defeat enemies it gives max ki back :D the only true ways to keep super saiyan up

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Who do I believe!?

You get it for the AoE + Stun. The damage is decent, but that's not why its a good skill.

In crowded fights, Vacation Delete is going to stop everyone cold and give all of your allies (or just you) the breathing room you need to set up a big combo of your own or single out and separate an enemy.

Depends on the build though. If you're a glass cannon, be a glass cannon and opt for something like Death Ball or Final Flash.

saiyans are free lol

even before you get into what is and isn't balanced, you can really see that some people only know how to wait on SSJ2 and hope they have room to spam

Reknoc

Couldn't play at all tonight barely. Managed to get a PQ done, it D/C me right after, log in again, and the same thing happens. Then after that I couldn't log in at all. It was a bummer when the online tokitoki didn't work for the first 2 days but now that shit has actually made the game unplayable so it's really annoying now.

pompidu

All day, couldn't play a single time. Cannot connect to servers and keep getting booted out. Fuck this game, getting my money back. Cannot believe this shit.
Edit: ps4

patchday

What level is she?

[edit- Oh I guess she's around L80]

All day, couldn't play a single time. Cannot connect to servers and keep getting booted out. Fuck this game, getting my money back. Cannot believe this shit.
Edit: ps4

The server issues are indeed, ridicilous (esp in the wake of Drive Club). They should've gave an option to be fully offline.

Nordicus

The very last parts of my Ginyu mastery were such fun. This one guy and I did the 2nd World Tournament Tag Team PQ without a 3rd member, and all of a sudden a feature shows his head that I hadn't known of before:

Your master will occasionally come to help you in PQs!
We still lost to the trio of (I think) Adult Gohan, Goku and Vegeta, but that was such an amazing fight. Goku caught me without Stamina when i was going to resurrect my teammate. He was the only opponent left.

The final training with Ginyu was equally fun, it didn't really bother me too much that I fought all 5 at once because I had both crowd-control and assassination methods. I can't charge Ki, but I'm so tanky that with just a bit of damage to me will fill several bars of it. Whenever Ginyu Force was sufficiently grouped up I hit up to 4 members at the same time with Victory Rush.

Change The Future was my method of sniping faraway targets. It's a countermove that teleports you to your current target and hits them in the face with a blast if any kind of ranged attack touches you from any direction. I would deliberately let Ginyu hit me with his Milky Cannon in order to teleport right in Guldo's face and give him a royal beating. This is training for me in preparation for eventual PvP, I wan't to make people afraid of firing their projectiles

Also, Change the Future has an incorrect description. It says that it counters Strike attacks, when in fact that skill is God Breaker.

There is. PS4 in settings is "Internet connection", simple check box.
On XBOne I forgot but it's there.

What I do on Xbox is simply go offline through the Settings > Network, start up the game in offline mode (which it defaults too, no more waiting for something that obviously isn't going to connect), get in a single lobby then go back online through settings. Ergo I can at least match make without having to worry about getting kick because I "lost connection in a single lobby."

Also, Change the Future has an incorrect description. It says that it counters Strike attacks, when in fact that skill is God Breaker.

That move screwed me so many times cuz of that descriotion.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm confused on the Majin class

is the defense bonus for maxed stamina or maxed ki?

Corpekata

Banned
Ok what the hell. I'm not seeing any effects from special moves.

If you're on PC it seems to have something to do with framerates and refresh rates. I run at 120hz and could only see them when locked to 60 FPS instead of variable. Other reporting needing it to be at 30 FPS.

Seems like it's also dependant on keeping FPS locked. Ran the game at 4k just to try and it would dip to like 55ish occassionaly so the effects would blink in and out.

UncleO

Tested how much your gear changes your stats. At least in terms attack, around 15 arrows of Attack increased the damage by 9% total compared to nude. Nice if you go completely into minmaxing, I suppose, but otherwise it's not incredibly important.

Also, look who I found as an NPC!

That is just too cool.

WHo is a good mentor for a melee type fighter?

Yaari

That female Majin sounds nasty. I had a feeling that defense buff would be amazing. Is there a gender difference between in there too? I guess I'm going to have to make a fatty for maximum melee damage eh.

D-Pad

DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD HYAAAAAA
FINAL FLASH
FINAL FLASH
FINAL FLASH
*repeats until I'm dead*

These 2+ on 1 missions are so damn frustrating

Stider

FINAL FLASH
FINAL FLASH
FINAL FLASH
*repeats until I'm dead*

These 2+ on 1 missions are so damn frustrating

I soooooo agree with this. Doing the PQ's you get from people where you have to solo them the first time, the one from Kid Trunks(I believe?) is a pain in the @ss. Beat KT and Goten fairly easily, Vegeta and Adult Trunks was a bit of a problem, but Adult Gohan and Goku, all I can say is **** them. Go through the gate and all I see is:
Goku super Kamehameha
then
Gohan super Kamehameha
then Goku fires again, then Gohan fires again :(

Even worse is the Android 17 request. First is a 3-on-1 fight and I think the 2nd fight is the same.

Top Bottom