• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

game runs ace max settings with an average of 50 fps on my laptop

on a side note i just had the first crash on my ps4 with this game, thankfully it was an unimportant mission to grind xp

KHlover

Banned
Damn, took me almost 3 hours of grinding to unlock the "Super Vegeta" Ultimate. Totally worth it though, made Vegeta's final test a breeze and now I blast through most fights with only Final Flash and Ki Charging. SSJ is so ridiculously strong in this game o_O

Given how little advertising and hype there was, I'm amazed at how much this game has blown up. Damn thing was at the top of the Steam charts last I checked and anecdotally, I've been hearing that its sold out in quite a few stores.

On a different note, anyone know if it's possible to use other peoples' save data on the PC version? I'm playing on PS4, but I want to get a PC copy as well since I get the feeling its going to have longer legs on PC but I don't want to do the grind all over again.

Damn, took me almost 3 hours of grinding to unlock the "Super Vegeta" Ultimate. Totally worth it though, made Vegeta's final test a breeze and now I blast through most fights with only Final Flash and Ki Charging. SSJ is so ridiculously strong in this game o_O

What? SSJ does like almost nothing.

Reishiki

Banned
Turns out, if you pause and alt+tab while your super/ultimate is going off, it will start again from the beginning when you resume.

This allows you to fire back to back super kamehamehas, for example.

Spux666

Banned
Can anyone else even play the game at this moment? I can't get in at all. That includes multi (which I expected) AND single player lobby. Seriously.....fix the damn game already.

moai

Story is super fun, they nailed it with material that that been recycled for countless games. Its awesome to help this characters fight through the different dragon ball sagas.

UncleO

Cell just did this to me right now....

giphy.gif

KHlover

Banned
Sigh fucking hate games with single player elements forcing you to connect to the server...can't even play -______-;

Doesn't the game just boot you into the SP after 3 failed connection attempts? I also had trouble connecting to the servers yesterday and after a few tries I got an error message, when I klicked that away I was in the SP hub.

Coupled with maximum charge you can stay in SSJ for a while if you can keep it up

Right now I only have the regular charge. It charges painfully slow in SSJ, but it's usually still enough to get enough Ki for one more Ultimate Attack before the next enemy reaches me :/

I was trying to distribute points in a pretty balanced way for my Saiyan, I'm level 30 and everything (besides health) is around 15ish.....starting to think I should've just gone all-in on a couple of sections. I'm kind of at a wall where story stuff (Cell Games) is pretty tough, latest PQs are tough, and my character has been rendered totally useless in the couple of multiplayer matches I've done lol. Whoops

BHK3

Banned
Doesn't the game just boot you into the SP after 3 failed connection attempts? I also had trouble connecting to the servers yesterday and after a few tries I got an error message, when I klicked that away I was in the SP hub.

Not here, just sits at the screen forever and never connects or errors nonstop.

UncleO

I was trying to distribute points in a pretty balanced way for my Saiyan, I'm level 30 and everything (besides health) is around 15ish.....starting to think I should've just gone all-in on a couple of sections. I'm kind of at a wall where story stuff (Cell Games) is pretty tough, latest PQs are tough, and my character has been rendered totally useless in the couple of multiplayer matches I've done lol. Whoops

Im had the same thought, and now im starting to see the fault in it also.

It does? Gonna keep reattempting then, it kicked me out of "connecting" to the SP mode though =/

Nordicus

There has been an infinite combo for every character, for 0 Ki and Stamina right under my nose this whole time and I haven't realized it!

You guys know how some attack combos have in-built teleports? If after the teleport but before hitting the enemy again, you hold the block button, you can cancel the teleport attack and start your combo from the beginning! Assuming you don't miss and the enemy flies right past you

what are some good strike supers?
Super Drain is really nice since it can steal 4 bars of stamina in single grab

anybody know a good saiyan build?? im doing the bardock mission where you gotta protect him from like 15 soilders and i keep losing they dont die fast enough.

KHlover

Banned
PS4 did the below and it worked =)

Worked thanks, think Bamco should buy more servers but highly doubt they will XD

Haha, just for reference though, just started the game to try and reproduce the error message:

unbenaynn3t6yuos.jpg

Can always rely on Xenoverse servers being shitty lol.

For anyone on PC: Using Steam Offline Mode will work like turning off the Internet Connection on PS4, game will skip the server check. A lot faster than waiting for this error message :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bought this on Steam last night. I've never owned or played a DBZ game and truth be told it was dbz abridged along with the PC release that got me interested in this.

I didn't have any idea what to expect but it all seems much deeper and less straightforward than I expected. Didn't realize there was any online component whatsoever, look forward to getting into it.

Can't wait to get some new skills and what have you... I could FEEL the passive aggression on the popup, "Krillin is now your master." >_<

Can you make alts/additional characters? I'm very happy with my Frieza race guy, but I know I'll want a saiyan eventually...

Anybody know if my dude will get transformation forms like Frieza? I gotta say, I love the NPCs all being like, "When I first saw you, I had flashbacks... glad you're not all bad." Nice attention to detail :)

i just realized there are presets

anybody know a good saiyan build?? im doing the bardock mission where you gotta protect him from like 15 soilders and i keep losing they dont die fast enough.

stats or moves? i've been running an unlimited ki build to stay sv2 forever and it's working pretty well. for clearing lots of people quickly, final flash is great. if you can isolate them, the multi destructo disc is nice, though if you've got unlimited ki, i think spamming regular dd's is actually faster. it's what i do on timed missions when i can. the second move 18 teaches, endless shots i think it is, is great creating distance to spam

for stats, max ki blasts and stamina, and maybe ki depending on how you play

glasscannon4lyf

stats or moves? i've been running an unlimited ki build to stay sv2 forever and it's working pretty well. for clearing lots of people quickly, final flash is great. if you can isolate them, the multi destructo disc is nice, though if you've got unlimited ki, i think spamming regular dd's is actually faster. it's what i do on timed missions when i can. the second move 18 teaches, endless shots i think it is, is great creating distance to spam

glasscannon4lyf

This is super useful. I've got about six with different costumes and movesets

KHlover

Banned

glasscannon4lyf

Is that the skill you can get in PQ16 - Super Saiyan Legend? And if so - how do you get it there? Since I grinded the quest for a while to get Super Vegeta, yet never got the Destructo Disks I have a nagging bad feeling that I need to keep Krillin alive for the entire quest to get the skill. Please tell me I'm wrong there o_O

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally decided to start this up. Going with a female human melee build I think...put 10 points into basic attack and 2 into HP for now.

Is that the skill you can get in PQ16 - Super Saiyan Legend? And if so - how do you get it there? Since I grinded the quest for a while to get Super Vegeta, yet never got the Destructo Disks I have a nagging bad feeling that I need to keep Krillin alive for the entire quest to get the skill. Please tell me I'm wrong there o_O

yea, that one. i just bought it in the skill shop, but as long as you unlock the second part of the pq you should have a chance at it

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bought this on Steam last night. I've never owned or played a DBZ game and truth be told it was dbz abridged along with the PC release that got me interested in this.

I didn't have any idea what to expect but it all seems much deeper and less straightforward than I expected. Didn't realize there was any online component whatsoever, look forward to getting into it.

Can't wait to get some new skills and what have you... I could FEEL the passive aggression on the popup, "Krillin is now your master." >_<

Can you make alts/additional characters? I'm very happy with my Frieza race guy, but I know I'll want a saiyan eventually...

Anybody know if my dude will get transformation forms like Frieza? I gotta say, I love the NPCs all being like, "When I first saw you, I had flashbacks... glad you're not all bad." Nice attention to detail :)

Krillin is a cool master tho lol. Gives you one of the better strike supers in the game, a really underrated evasion skill, destructo disc (because its awesome), and scatter kamehameha ult (which is a pretty good mob kill ult early in the game).

Friezans don't get to change forms though :/

All the extra character slots will open up once you beat the story mode. General level for completion is between 45-50

Corgi

Banned
Man... after playing this... i really want this formula to be applied to the other big shounen animes (naruto, bleach, hunter x hunter, one piece etc).

Top Bottom