• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

How is the game guys? I am so tempted to jump in. Money being money though...
Well, a thread for a Dragon Ball Z has reached 3,500 posts and over a quarter of a million views.

In all seriousness though, the game is a tonne of fun, has great replay value and is a really neat package. If you even slightly like Dragon Ball I couldn't recommend this game enough, best Dragon Ball game since Budokai 3 in my opinion, maybe even better.

I want to give this game a shot but I really loved the Budokai Tenkachi games and haven't gotten into any DBZ games since. 2 and 3 were my favorites in that series.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Krillin is a cool master tho lol. Gives you one of the better strike supers in the game, a really underrated evasion skill, destructo disc (because its awesome), and scatter kamehameha ult (which is a pretty good mob kill ult early in the game).

Friezans don't get to change forms though :/

All the extra character slots will open up once you beat the story mode. General level for completion is between 45-50

Destructo disk never hits anything for me

UncleO

That damn mission where you have to fight inside the ginyu ship has me stuck I just cant keep everyone alive.

Spam Milky Cannon and dont be afraid to do the ginyu dance to recover stamina and ki, when you come across Guldo take him out first. That should help. He was crushing Gohan and Krillin. After that raspberry and the other guy are cake

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, so question for this thread, a friend of mine is wondering if the campaign mode is solo only or if it an be played in co-op?

Spam Milky Cannon and dont be afraid to do the ginyu dance to recover stamina and ki, when you come across Guldo take him out first. That should help. He was crushing Gohan and Krillin. After that raspberry and the other guy are cake

Its after Guldo the rest of the guys is who i have a issue with.

Finger pluck of doom is probably my favorite way to end matches.

11025204_1577010952543948_1768110955616574850_n.jpg

11016077_1577010749210635_1062193967638359703_n.jpg

11043082_1577011049210605_784202498225290384_n.jpg

To be entirely fair on the point of Freeza's race not transforming, Freeza himself said that his levels were 'containment', he wasn't transforming in the same way that a Saiyan does but rather was limits of his actual, true strength.

Cooler, however, did transform but his movie was non-canon although now we're going to see Freeza transform in the new movie.

So, I would assume that the logic in Xenoverse is that there's no need to limit one's strength which is why the default Freeza's race look considerably more like Freeza's true form as opposed to his first, second or third stages.

Just so all of you know, Krillin's tutorship is what's up. Anyone who picks anybody else is simply fooling themselves. They all know that Krillin is the way, the truth, the life, but refuse to come to terms with such facts.

Okay, see all of you around, have a good night.

Just so all of you know, Krillin's tutorship is what's up. Anyone who picks anybody else is simply fooling themselves. They all know that Krillin is the way, the truth, the life, but refuse to come to terms with such facts.

LOL I chose him as my first master instead of Piccolo. :)

Nameless

Sorry Michael Fassbender, but I was trained by the Prince of all Saiyans and fight in his regal image.

MAX PAYMENT

Ok. I haven't owned a dbz game since the ps1 days. It looks neat to me that this game isn't your average 1v1 2d fighter.

I grew up loving dbz. I never watched past cell though. It's not quite the DBZ action adventure game I've been dreaming of, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Is it worth picking uo, or waiting for that (probably never gonna happen) quality action adventure game?

Krillin tutorship is for scrub warriors.

Is it worth picking uo, or waiting for that (probably never gonna happen) quality action adventure game?
Definitely. It's got some really fun gameplay, you get to create your own character from a wide selection of races, you unlock new supers and ultimates which keeps the game really fresh and you get to experience a new but familiar story in the Dragon Ball universe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Krillin is a cool master tho lol. Gives you one of the better strike supers in the game, a really underrated evasion skill, destructo disc (because its awesome), and scatter kamehameha ult (which is a pretty good mob kill ult early in the game).
No kidding. Huh. Well I would have written him off entirely, so thanks
Friezans don't get to change forms though :/
Nooooo

What's the point of all this if I can't say aloud "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"
All the extra character slots will open up once you beat the story mode. General level for completion is between 45-50
awesome, thanks :)
To be entirely fair on the point of Freeza's race not transforming, Freeza himself said that his levels were 'containment', he wasn't transforming in the same way that a Saiyan does but rather was limits of his actual, true strength.

Cooler, however, did transform but his movie was non-canon although now we're going to see Freeza transform in the new movie.

So, I would assume that the logic in Xenoverse is that there's no need to limit one's strength which is why the default Freeza's race look considerably more like Freeza's true form as opposed to his first, second or third stages.
None of this matters- it's a transformation in the colloquial sense, i.e. it makes you look different. The appearance modifiers in the creator were fairly decent, though I did notice you could make a character that looked basically like Frieza's inital form or final form quite easily (I did the latter just in case).

Bummer but oh well. I like the dude I made and more incentive to level a saiyan at some point.

edit: ...is it really like Destiny?

None of this matters- it's a transformation in the colloquial sense, i.e. it makes you look different. The appearance modifiers in the creator were fairly decent, though I did notice you could make a character that looked basically like Frieza's inital form or final form quite easily (I did the latter just in case).

Bummer but oh well. I like the dude I made and more incentive to level a saiyan at some point.
I'm just saying that I understand the logic behind it even if said logic was based around game-design and the difficulty of even approaching how these transformations would work. In terms of the canon of Dragon Ball it makes perfect sense.

I'm also not a fan of the idea of choosing several forms in an order and transforming into them. I'd rather, if possible, parts that you choose in your first form have a pre-defined change for each form.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Figured for a different kind of glass cannon I'd go full basic attack, ki, and ki blast on a female majin

this is purely because i saw some of the most ridiculous big bang attack combo cheese in a pvp match earlier today lol

Bogeypop

Going to try this now. Thanks.

Completely forgot to take my own suggestion and had been grinding for Goku's Yardrat Clothes (Boots) for a while, so I restarted my game and BAM first try :D
I hope there aren't any gloves for this outfit... I think I've seen enough Cell Jr.'s for today.

So what's everyone's preference? Would you rather play MP with your custom character or with the actual characters? I've only played once as SSJ2 Goku and Trunks but I really prefer the feel of them, they seem much faster in combat than my custom character.

Finally got Piccolo to teach me his next skill and bought a couple pieces of Krillin's Orin Temple Gi to give my character a different look. I wish there were more basic costumes to buy from the start so you're not stuck with the same costume for too long.

I just wish the outfits were a bit more attainable. I've been rocking my Turles gear with a purple scanner for most of the game now. I'd love to swap out for something using Android 18's gear but it just won't drop for me.

Finally got Piccolo to teach me his next skill and bought a couple pieces of Krillin's Orin Temple Gi to give my character a different look. I wish there were more basic costumes to buy from the start so you're not stuck with the same costume for too long.

Astral

Completely forgot to take my own suggestion and had been grinding for Goku's Yardrat Clothes (Boots) for a while, so I restarted my game and BAM first try :D
I hope there aren't any gloves for this outfit... I think I've seen enough Cell Jr.'s for today.

It'd be interesting if this actually worked for some reason.

Top Bottom