• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Muzicfreq

Banned
Only one person said so and it is loading fine for me. Hm, changed the type, does it work now?

In any case, here is with another hoster.

DBZ.png

Now it is thanks :D

Revven

Yeah now it's working and the roster currently is missing: Broly, SSJ4 Goku, Omega Shenron, Bardock, and Vegetto...

Really contingent on where Broly appears if we're getting Mira or Demigra playable. I'm thinking Omega would go under Super 17 though as that's clearly a GT column.

Revven

Someone got Broly and here's the screenshot of where he's placed as well as Bardock.

He does not have GT characters yet but according to people who watched the stream the locked icons appeared next to Broly, so some locked icons just don't appear until you've unlocked a character. But judging by where he's placed as well as Bardock it's looking likely Mira and Demigra aren't playable...

Muzicfreq

Banned

Revven

There's two Adult Gohan SSJ forms in the album, though, one of them has to be SSJ2. It's usually hard to tell without the sparks.

Anung

Un Rama
Dat Buu ass! My choice in Female Buu was the right one it seems. The impressions in here have been very helpful so I think I'll grab this for sure (on PS4)

Lucumo

Yeah now it's working and the roster currently is missing: Broly, SSJ4 Goku, Omega Shenron, Bardock, and Vegetto...

Really contingent on where Broly appears if we're getting Mira or Demigra playable. I'm thinking Omega would go under Super 17 though as that's clearly a GT column.

You were definitely right on that one. Updated the character screen.

DBZAC3JR.png

Revven

You were definitely right on that one. Updated the character screen.

DBZAC3JR.png

Safe to assume then that the final characters in the roster are Broly, Vegito, Bardock, and SSJ4 Goku. No Mira or Demigra playable, unless they patch them in as free DLC like Hyrule Warriors did for Wizzro, Cia, and Valga. :/

Lucumo

Safe to assume then that the final characters in the roster are Broly, Vegito, Bardock, and SSJ4 Goku. No Mira or Demigra playable, unless they patch them in as free DLC like Hyrule Warriors did for Wizzro, Cia, and Valga. :/

Yeah. There are two nice free spaces in the most right column, that should be enough for them ;-)

Hope this game doesn't disappoint, seriously contemplating this over MKX right about now.

Both are completely different styles of game don't forget, MK is more of the standard 2D plane fighting and 1 on 1 action while xenoverse is more of an open arena dash and attack with up to 3 on 3 battles, energy blasts and screen filling explosions.

And that you need to level up your character and all that jazz online.

RBK

Banned
Definitely true.

Really haven't kept up with the game outside of the initial announcement, but 3v3 battles sounds amazing. Plus the return to the standard combat gameplay instead of smash the A button all day long is a improvement as well.

Welfare

Definitely true.

Really haven't kept up with the game outside of the initial announcement, but 3v3 battles sounds amazing. Plus the return to the standard combat gameplay instead of smash the A button all day long is a improvement as well.

Hey!

You could throw in some "Y"'s as well :p

martino

Golden Ozaru Baby is in if that makes you feel better but it is a bit weird, yeah. Perhaps Super 17 is more popular in Japan? Or Baby is DLC like GT Goku, Trunks and Pan.

If true i can't understand this culture tastes.
All dbgt vilain are really bad (/dbz ones) but baby vegeta is less one.

OMG that seems good...
My secret hope : First mod to come bgm change for dbz anime ost (jp)
Is it on Spotify? I know the American soundtrack is on Spotify so if you have the game, a PS4 and a Spotify subscription you could have a lot of fun with that.

I know that, and that just makes it weirder.
It does indeed, we'll have to see if he makes it as DLC because the game data has shown information for Nouva and Eis Shenron so if they're in as well.

FootballFan

Is it on Spotify? I know the American soundtrack is on Spotify so if you have the game, a PS4 and a Spotify subscription you could have a lot of fun with that.

Did not know this!

You'll never guess what I'm listening to now :p

Spotify on ps4 will be great.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
There's almost no point if they're from console to upload at 60 since it's only decoding at 30 since that's the framerate of the console versions.
Argh, what's the deal with all these 30fps licensed fighting games? At least the PC port is worth a damn, I guess.

Oni3298

I read a rumor that if you download the game right now from the Hong Kong PSN, you can somehow play it in English. All signs point to that not being the case, but if it was, I'm pretty sure I would download the game right now...

martino

i go pc version. it's doable but i would prefer a mod to replace them ingame

Poor enough taste? I think you mean differing taste. If you want a shed load of characters that's cool but I've gotten that for years now, I'd rather have the original story and character creator.
Character creator isn't new, that was in UT, if you want 8 character slots you can't access until you've played through the game at least 7 times, you're set!

Judging from your taste in this post, I'm happy to hear you don't seem to be a huge fan of xenoverse.

Budokai 3 is sensational

Absolutely sensational.

Enjoyed it much more than any of the Tenkaichi games.
some people enjoy mediocre fighting games with a dbz coat of paint. It took little effort to play so anyone could pick it up and dominate if they played street fighter or any of its clones..

but if you were a fan of the show, that's not how fights went, 2d was so limiting, I'm glad they dropped that nonsense and went with to Spike to take it into 3d, it was on CD so they did what they could but knocked it out of the park with roster and game modes.

I've heard word the answer is no, neither of Demigras forms are playable..but they do have DLC, they may charge for that right later, Sergio has been on it, he datamined the entire roster when Dimps was still claiming they weren't sure who was going into the game or not.

Welfare

I just hope one day I can get a DB game that is a Tenkaichi 4. Raging Blast just couldn't fit the bill (still a great game) and Xenoverse looks like a different beast entirely

I just hope one day I can get a DB game that is a Tenkaichi 4. Raging Blast just couldn't fit the bill (still a great game) and Xenoverse looks like a different beast entirely

Have you played RB2? Its an improvement in roster and playability..but the lack of a story hurts it..still fun to set up matches against friends and the ai, it had characters like the pimp and Native American android from the Android 13 movie..I'd never seen them in a game prior.

I'm pretty bummed to hear this isn't 60FPS on consoles, considering that the game isn't exceptional in the looks department. Very blocky. The auras are awkward looking too...they look like solid objects rather than transparent energy.

Welfare

Have you played RB2? Its an improvement in roster and playability..but the lack of a story hurts it..still fun to set up matches against friends and the ai, it had characters like the pimp and Native American android from the Android 13 movie..I'd never seen them in a game prior.

Oh yeah I bought it twice lol. No proper story really hurt it for me and the rooster was a step up from RB1. RB1's story mode was amazing, especially the what-if scenarios, so I think it's the better game, but only slightly.

Then Ultimate Tenkaichi had to fuck everything up.

I'm pretty bummed to hear this isn't 60FPS on consoles, considering that the game isn't exceptional in the looks department. Very blocky. The auras are awkward looking too...they look like solid objects rather than transparent energy.

I keep hearing 60fps offline and 30fps online, but I take that with a grain of salt, i'll grab it for PS4 from a second hand buy.

Oh yeah I bought it twice lol. No proper story really hurt it for me and the rooster was a step up from RB1. RB1's story mode was amazing, especially the what-if scenarios, so I think it's the better game, but only slightly.

Then Ultimate Tenkaichi had to fuck everything up.

it gleefully messed everything up..they had every part to make a classic game..except the gameplay..somehow they forgot to add it.

Revven

I keep hearing 60fps offline and 30fps online, but I take that with a grain of salt, i'll grab it for PS4 from a second hand buy.

It's 30 FPS all the time on all consoles, this was said on the Bamco EU stream the other day. PC is the only one that can be 60 FPS.

Do you guys like the fact that going super saiyan is limited?

yes, it works well as a buff which slowly drains your ki, but while active you can use as many specials as you can squeeze out.

I prefer that over flat out going super and staying there every single fight.

Do you guys like the fact that going super saiyan is limited?
I like it. With the older games (for me at least) it would basically be like "ok well first I have to transform" instead of just fighting and eventually transforming.

I also really like the mechanic where transformation = unlimited special attacks. Now that I've seen that you can actually retain your form by charging up (which is an equipped move in itself) it makes for different playstyles. Also, as weird as it is to basically pick which transformation you'll have (like only Super Saiyan 2) it's way better than taking forever to charge your bar 3 times to get to the correct level

I totally understand why some people are skeptical/unhappy with the choice just because it sort of distances it from the source material, but as a fighting game it makes more sense.

I basically just want the game to have more to it than fanservice, and the combat system seems interesting with how supers/stamina work and parries. As opposed to Jump Stars VS+ being awesome for being on PS4 and having YYH characters, but looking shallow as fuck

Top Bottom