• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Neku054

Neo Member
for stats, max ki blasts and stamina, and maybe ki depending on how you play

I see a lot of Saiyan Build suggestions pointing at getting stamina high/maxed but i dont understand why when saiyans drain Ki not Stamina. its definitely nice to have to dodge but yeah.

Alchemist

Completely forgot to take my own suggestion and had been grinding for Goku's Yardrat Clothes (Boots) for a while, so I restarted my game and BAM first try :D
I hope there aren't any gloves for this outfit... I think I've seen enough Cell Jr.'s for today.

It'd be interesting if this actually worked for some reason.

No luck ;_;

I've gained 6 levels grinding for this skill.. Hopefully I get it tomorrow so I can continue with the story.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I see a lot of Saiyan Build suggestions pointing at getting stamina high/maxed but i dont understand why when saiyans drain Ki not Stamina. its definitely nice to have to dodge but yeah.

I'm building Ki before I work on Stam on my saiyan. Ultimate spam is needed

i initially wasn't like this. it was only after playing through the game that i changed my mind about how to approach things. i started off thinking that it would be best to maximize strengths considering the way CaC is set up, and i think that's still the way to go. but i started thinking max ki blast and max ki would be good. i started my saiyin going ki blast first, so by the time i got that maxed, i realized that putting anything into ki is a waste when you've got unlimited attacks with ssj and sv.

so then i thought, maybe attack would be good. but, when i go ssj, i have unlimited supers and ultimates. generally, those are better than regular attacking (i can't think of a time when they aren't) so then putting points into attack might be a waste as well. so then, health? strikes? health is an option, but as a glass cannon i'm not trying to get hit as it is, and i'm worried the points i spend won't give an appropriate compensation. strikes could work, but i've already got a stat dedicated to attacking. so then . . . oh, well, stamina is useful, and there isn't really anything better, so why not max it.

it's still early. the way people think about the game changes by the minute

Laz?

Neo Member
GAF convinced me to buy this... and I can't stop playing. This is the first DBZ game I've bought since Budokai 3 and first full price purchase I've made in ages. It wasn't quite what I imagined it to be but it is fun.

It's a shame the PS4 servers are still whacked. That and I'm terrible at fighting games. Blocking feels near useless aside from AI telegraphed supers. I felt ashamed of losing not once but twice to
Mr. Satan, screw the ridiculous "Hercule" moniker Funimation gave him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hercule is no joke. Dude gave me more shit than Perfect Cell and Buu
looks like the character progression/class system is more important than I thought, so what stats should a frieza race dude focus on?

Out of all races, the Frieza bros seem the least constrained in a "jack of all trades, master of none" sense.

looks like the character progression/class system is more important than I thought, so what stats should a frieza race dude focus on?

I was kinda balanced at the "start"(level 30) but noticed that as the story went on, Ki Blasts were really damn essential, so I started pumping points into Ki-blasts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm playing a Majin and my stats are pretty much even across the board. But between Strikes and Ki, which one should I be favoring?

I'm no expert or anything... but I'd pick early between focusing on strikes or Ki blasts and commit heavily to that. You could go either way imo with Majin. The only things you want to keep in mind is how you're building around your innate abilities/stats (like how it doesn't make sense to spam beam attacks as a human when they get a damage buff to basic attacks while their ki meter is full) AND what you're good at yourself. I know how to block and combo better than most so I figure I'll try and build my character towards that.

Right now, female majin I'm planning to put everything into ki blast, basic attack, and split the rest between health and ki meter depending on how I feel. Have the ability to shoot out with someone from afar, I can actively build meter by handing out beats in close, got the defense buff to surprise people, some mean ki counters out there make it more versatile than most expect... I like how things are going. Going 'balanced' in the sense of spreading points around 10-10-10-10-10-10 though isn't a good idea in this game. Story mode will break you for it. Pick a strength, balance yourself around it.

Min/maxing is still in its infancy at this point and I'm sure 2 months from now Namekians will be the gdlk and 3 months from now Frieza bros will be supr gdlk. So that's what the extra character slots are for lol

BHK3

Banned
How do I stop this dumb combo breaker bullshit every main character I fight does? I can't get a combo more than 3 hits because goku just throws his arms to the side and I fly away, I cant hit nappa or vegeta because they do the same shit. I can't dodge or block it because attacks take forever to stop/cancel, my team AI seems to get wrecked by them as well. Or how do I get to do that combo breaker thing? This super guard thing is absolutely worthless.

allllright

after a good hour or 2 of grinding Saiyan Warriors, rng finally allowed my group to do the secret battle and we were actually prepared for it this time, unlike before where we got it on a whim and got our shit wrecked.

The absolute moment the battle triggers, we're kicked and told we lost connection mid-battle. I need a break.

That Nappa and Vegeta fight is killing me. Need help here guys.

Also, I find it weird everytime you end a mission the characters is floating in a weird position. They shouldve animated him for some kind of pose.

Varna

How do I stop this dumb combo breaker bullshit every main character I fight does? I can't get a combo more than 3 hits because goku just throws his arms to the side and I fly away, I cant hit nappa or vegeta because they do the same shit. I can't dodge or block it because attacks take forever to stop/cancel, my team AI seems to get wrecked by them as well. Or how do I get to do that combo breaker thing? This super guard thing is absolutely worthless.

It's an evasion skill. You can do it as well. It's RT + LT + A when taking damage.

I think the AI tends to spam it because they are always getting rushed by 2-3 people. Seems to happen a lot less during one on one fights.

The more annoying thing I notice the AI doing is in specific battles (Perfect cell for example) has some kind of special guard were you can't get combos on him until he has taken certain amount of damage.

The more annoying thing I notice the AI doing is in specific battles (Perfect cell for example) has some kind of special guard were you can't get combos on him until he has taken certain amount of damage.

I think that's the effect of Perfect Cell's Z-Soul: No stagger when attacked.

I've got all 7 Dragonballs right now. Any suggestions on what to wish for first?

I've already got SSJ4 Vegeta so is wishing for Gogeta worth it (ie: is he better for doing tough PQs)?

Are any of the ultimates you can wish for decent?

Or should I just go for Zeni?

I think I gimped my Majin. My ki blasts aren't powerful enough to deal with multiple strong characters constantly pummeling me. Perhaps taking some PQs will give me the options I need.

And, wow... the Buu Saga is a walk in the park compared to everything that precedes it.
Do this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400836534

It's way, way better than the Steam offline thing.

That's way too much effort. Steam Offline mode is the way to go.

That said, in my session today the game actually realised it couldn't reach the server and started me in offline mode without my intervention... so clearly the server infrastructure is getting there.

Made some good progress today. Grinded for Dragon Balls in PQ 15, got 4 quickly and then they refused to drop after that (despite the Time Patrollers showing up). Finally completed Vegeta's training, beat the Cell/Android sagas, and levelled my character up to 42 in the process.

Today was the first time I actually used a character besides my created one (since I unlocked the characters I like: Trunks, Androids, Teen Gohan, etc). It's pretty awesome how different the characters play from one another. I'm hoping to get the rest of the Dragon Balls to get Gogeta so I can really tear up the PQ's

I will say, I'm surprised that I haven't unlocked a SSJ Vegeta yet. Most recent version I have is from Frieza saga...

I think I gimped my Majin. My ki blasts aren't powerful enough to deal with multiple strong characters constantly pummeling me. Perhaps taking some PQs will give me the options I need.

And, wow... the Buu Saga is a walk in the park compared to everything that precedes it.

That's way too much effort. Steam Offline mode is the way to go.

That said, in my session today the game actually realised it couldn't reach the server and started me in offline mode without my intervention... so clearly the server infrastructure is getting there.

The problem with Steam offline is that:
You can't play online battles or PQ, at all.
And you can't use the Steam friendlist.

Can someone explain how you get more points in Parallel Quests? I just kill everyone and I seem to just get B's on everything and I only seem to get 1 item per quest.

BHK3

Banned
It's an evasion skill. You can do it as well. It's RT + LT + A when taking damage.

I think the AI tends to spam it because they are always getting rushed by 2-3 people. Seems to happen a lot less during one on one fights.

AI spams it willy nilly because they have infinite stamina, I almost never have stamina let alone 3 bars...cant beat burter and jeice at all

Can someone explain how you get more points in Parallel Quests? I just kill everyone and I seem to just get B's on everything and I only seem to get 1 item per quest.

AFAIK it's based on your actions in the mission, in the completion bar on the right. It's some combination of: level of mission & accolades earned. There's a bunch of different accolades out there, and presumably the more difficult ones award more stuff. The better you perform in combat (through kills, damage, combos/supers/ultras, and avoiding damage, as well as group actions like reviving) the more you're likely to earn.

The points you score decide your letter-ranking, and are determined for leaderboard stuff (which I have no idea how to access).

For items, materials can be spotted using the scouter (1 key on KB&M) and then picked up with Q when you get near them. Enemy drops (second page of PQ info) are random, and may be based on whether bonus objectives are achieved. Not sure so much on these.

The problem with Steam offline is that:
You can't play online battles or PQ, at all.
And you can't use the Steam friendlist.

Yeah, nothing's perfect. (Except Cell.)

AFAIK it's based on your actions in the mission, in the completion bar on the right. It's some combination of: level of mission & accolades earned. There's a bunch of different accolades out there, and presumably the more difficult ones award more stuff. The better you perform in combat (through kills, damage, combos/supers/ultras, and avoiding damage, as well as group actions like reviving) the more you're likely to earn.

The points you score decide your letter-ranking, and are determined for leaderboard stuff (which I have no idea how to access).

For items, materials can be spotted using the scouter (1 key on KB&M) and then picked up with Q when you get near them. Enemy drops (second page of PQ info) are random, and may be based on whether bonus objectives are achieved. Not sure so much on these.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was only picking up material with the scouter so I quickly gave up on that as I didnt see much value in that. Enemy drops were only occuring rarely, so I kinda gave up on them as well. This made playing story mode extremely hard for me.

I guess I have to them to get more experience points for higher stats.

CryptiK

I've got all 7 Dragonballs right now. Any suggestions on what to wish for first?

I've already got SSJ4 Vegeta so is wishing for Gogeta worth it (ie: is he better for doing tough PQs)?

Are any of the ultimates you can wish for decent?

Or should I just go for Zeni?
Gogeta is pretty OP. His Ultimate does sooooo much damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, but if you do like in the guide I linked then, yeah, you can play online PQs and online battles.
right, okay, that's what makes that worthwhile, haha.

Can anyone explain the master system a little? you can only have one at a time I imagine, can you switch back and forth..?

right, okay, that's what makes that worthwhile, haha.

Can anyone explain the master system a little? you can only have one at a time I imagine, can you switch back and forth..?

You can only have one master at a time, though you can switch between them freely. The progression earned is not lost, or at least it shouldn't be. Pay attention to what your mentor says, as that will be the way to increase your mastery progress. At specific tiers you'll learn something fom them and then be given new objectives (though they're not listed anywhere, so remember them!) Talking to your mentor is the easiest way to keep track of it; your current mentor is always located by the Hercule statue at the entrance to Tokitoki City.

Protip: Fighting alongside your mentor in PQs will increase your mastery progress more quickly. And sometimes (regardless of whether or not you're fighting alongside them) your mentor will descend from the heavens to fight in your place after you're defeated. (Krillin did it for me once and eked me out a victory.)

Wait i cant even do single player without connecting to the server? Bah.

I think the server is supposed to time out and force you to offline singleplayer if it can't connect, but has been too overloaded to even do that. That's why it tries to connect before the offline/online selection pops up. Only today has it actually behaved like that for me instead of endlessly trying to connect.

NinjaEdit: Whoops missed your stealth edit. Dunno if it behaves the same on PS4; I've only played PC.

Top Bottom