• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Lagamorph

Got Kaoiken x20 on my first try last night.
Hopefully Super Saiyan comes as easily.

Think I misunderstood how Super Saiyan works though. Thought I read it gives you pretty much infinite Ki, but now reading it constantly drains it?

Think I misunderstood how Super Saiyan works though. Thought I read it gives you pretty much infinite Ki, but now reading it constantly drains it?

Your moves don't take up any Ki while it's active but your meter is continuously being drained. Your basic attacks don't generate any Ki, and taking damage doesn't restore any Ki. Only a Ki charge super will return any while it is active.

KHlover

Banned

Your Ki is constantly drainiing, but you won't use any Ki for Super Attacks and only 1 bar instead of 3 for Ultimate attacks. You can also use the Ultimates with less than one bar btw, with 5 bars of Ki I usually get ~ 6 Final Flashes in.

Forkball

Have they fixed the servers yet? I want to pick up this game, but I don't like the fact that nearly everyone has complained about being constantly disconnected. Has Namco even said anything?

Nordicus

When can I learn Yamcha's Spirit Ball ultimate, and what are some good Strike Ultimates?
I think Spirit Ball ultimate is unavailable and Yamcha will be one of the future mentors.

Good strike ultimates:
Victory Rush: - safe and reliable teleport combo
Blue Hurricane (Burter drop): - insane damage but very hard to hit because of the camera
Death meteor (Frieza drop): - ranged Strike Ultimate for extreme long ranges.

Skele7on

Banned
I absolutely love this game.

Combat is fresh, having my own guy is awesome.

Wish the servers worked though....

Side note / spoiler:

Fuck Krillin on the Frieza ship mision, WHY DID YOU KEEP DYING....Felt so good finishing that one.

Jaleel

Freiza Clan. GT Goku clothes (Max health and Ki Supers +). Big Bang Attack, Big Bang Kamehameha and Shine Shot. Final Flash as Ultimate. I..I am..a Super Elite! Master Vegeta Z Soul that enhances all Vegeta Skills. 50 Health 70 Ki 10 Stam 15 Attack 10 Strike Super 80 Ki Super. Rape so hard!!!! I love this game.

Level 26 and I feel like I have quite a shortage of moves. How exactly does obtaining the skills / ultimates work?

Is it just playing through PQs and finishing them in certain ways? Should I be attacking with certain moves? Doing particular PQs?

Any kind of guide into the matter?

Cheers.

Greenymac

Looks like Im staying home today. My son is sick and not going to school so of course dad needs to stay home with him... More dragonball for me!

Nordicus

Level 26 and I feel like I have quite a shortage of moves. How exactly does obtaining the skills / ultimates work?

Is it just playing through PQs and finishing them in certain ways? Should I be attacking with certain moves? Doing particular PQs?

Any kind of guide into the matter?

Cheers.
Almost all PQs can give skills, just check the second page of the PQ description for the drop table. All greyed out stuff you already have and won't acquire again. Finishing PQs a certain way will only give you extra fights, which results in extra chance to getting a skill drop upon your enemy's death.

Attacking with certain moves only affects how fast you advance with your mentor. On top of that, getting good grades, finishing enemies with your mentor's moves and fighting alongside your mentor seems to accelerate that particular process

cHinzo

1974A5CA9E077C16B6A5E65238848169DA9AA04A
Can finally turn Super Saiyan, woohoo.

-Digits-

On PQs that drop item sets, does the name grey out once you have the whole set? I was farming PQ2 but I only got multiples of the same chest so far.

Almost all PQs can give skills, just check the second page of the PQ description for the drop table. All greyed out stuff you already have and won't acquire again. Finishing PQs a certain way will only give you extra fights, which results in extra chance to getting a skill drop upon your enemy's death.

Attacking with certain moves only affects how fast you advance with your mentor. On top of that, getting good grades, finishing enemies with your mentor's moves and fighting alongside your mentor seems to accelerate that particular process

Thanks for that.

So you just need to keep doing it until the RNG calls my number and I get the move? Trying to go back through the early ones to get some and I repeat time and time again without a drop.

Thanks for that.

So you just need to keep doing it until the RNG calls my number and I get the move? Trying to go back through the early ones to get some and I repeat time and time again without a drop.

Make your offerings to Lord RNG and submit to his whim time and again until he deigns to grace you with his blessing.

f@luS

More than a member.
finished main story

i had hard time then i found that spamming Nappa ultimate made all fight hyper easy (even the majin buu x6)

martino

Any PQs below #14 that are good for quick leveling? I can't beat #15 yet, which is Freeza within 5 min.

Story missions are good to fast level.
most of them are one fight (and often with one figther at a time if not only one) and give good xp/money (no other drops..).
(last story mission is really good when you have it. it gives ~30000 xp/money if i remember well for one not so long figth)

Korezo

People keep confusing me in this thread... Which is the one that gives better Ki use, Super Saiyan or Super Vegeta?

Corgi

Banned
having hell of a time beating the first 2 star mission (saiyan attack?).

I can do fine until the end... when everyone attacks you at once.

Is there no way to heal up yourself and party members in this besides hp potions?

Corpekata

Banned
having hell of a time beating the first 2 star mission (saiyan attack?).

I can do fine until the end... when everyone attacks you at once.

Is there no way to heal up yourself and party members in this besides hp potions?

One of them around there has Yamcha standing around and he'll heal you before the final encounter. Not sure if that one though.

There are also Z souls that can do it. I have one from the store that saves you from death and gives you an HP boost.

Lagamorph

I think the biggest thing I'd like to see in a sequel would be for the player character to be more involved by giving them dialogue. Something like Saints Row where you can pick from a variety of male and female voices, all with full dialogue, would be fantastic.

Corgi

Banned
One of them around there has Yamcha standing around and he'll heal you before the final encounter. Not sure if that one though.

There are also Z souls that can do it. I have one from the store that saves you from death and gives you an HP boost.

oooh this could be true. Every npc i've encountered in missions tend to challenge you to fights for crafting mat... a heal would be nice.

Wish I could just play healer lol. I guess in the dbz verse a healer would just be a guy with a bag of senzu beans.

Putting points into Ki i would think would be essential. I mean with a max Ki Blast and Stamina build you will definitely get a ton of opportunities to get ultimates in since you can just dodge anything your opponent does for a good while. But you wont last more than 15 seconds in SSJ (10 or so in SSJ2) and depending on who you are fighting you wont have a chance to charge up at all. With a max Ki and Ki Blast build you wont have to worry about powering down for a good while and you wont need to worry about Ultimates powering you down (since they drain one ki bar i think?).

Anyways as you said the game is fresh so im sure things will change of course i just never see the advantage of more stamina on a saiyan instead of ki

there's honestly no reason to not always be ssj or sv

I'll never forgive you, scum!
Holstein Shock

but honestly, there might not be a reason to play anything except majin

KHlover

Banned
What use do those Hercule badges you get from defeated Time Soldiers have? I'm farming Dragon Balls, so I have lots of them, but haven't found any use so far :/

Hey gaf. I'm currently a level 12 female Buu. Does anyone have any tips as to how I should direct her attribute points? I'm thinking of going overall but tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T-Rex.

Banned
I give up. Anyone want to gift me the "I'm the strongest" Z-Soul? It's just never going to drop for me. I have accepted my fate, like a true Vegeta mentee ;_;

kakarot pls

Hey gaf. I'm currently a level 12 female Buu. Does anyone have any tips as to how I should direct her attribute points? I'm thinking of going overall but tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You can spec however you wish. But you might consider taking advantage of your tankiness and maxing out your health and then one of the attack stats.

Nordicus

Whatever you do, don't stretch yourself too thin offensively.

Neku054

Neo Member
there's honestly no reason to not always be ssj or sv

I'll never forgive you, scum!
Holstein Shock

but honestly, there might not be a reason to play anything except majin

I think I'm being slight misunderstood lol. I'm a Saiyan myself and am constantly in ssj2. All I meant was that having low ki can be devastating (
looking at you 6x Majin Buu
) when there is almost no chance you can use any of the 3 charging moves. But that's enough of that :p

I'm mad jealous of people playing on PC solely because I have the dumb gray/black filter on the game on ps4 D:

so i heard you can get carried by other high level dudes online, my brother over the weekend reached level 70 and finished the story already the little shit (he was level 25 on saturday)

Teknoman

Have they fixed the servers yet? I want to pick up this game, but I don't like the fact that nearly everyone has complained about being constantly disconnected. Has Namco even said anything?

PC servers seem back to normal now, I connected to the online city for the first time last night.

xHiryu

Why does everything look so shiny in this game? Is there an option to lower the glare on PC? (Haven't picked the game up so I wouldn't know)

patchday

For Super Saiyan it is essential to have something like Maximum Charge and if fighting multiple enemies to have Goku's Z-Soul "Why Youuuuuuuuu" which on enemy KO refill ki bar to maximum. You can essentially have SSJ2 the whole fight.
Instant Transmission is also really good to close gaps to blast an ultimate in their face.

That's exactly how I roll on my Saiyan

I got that one too and I didn't even know it.

Yeah its great getting skills like that w/o even looking for them. I had to manually seek out Recome's skills for
Bardocki secret saga
(Wall of Defense and Ultimate Explosion). Man I cant imagine completing that mission any other way with a Frieza race. Looking forward to watching youtubes of other people approaching that battle

Speaking of- does anyone know how PQ 53 unlocks? I think maybe I just need to finish off 51 & 52 PQs and hopefully it will appear for me. Still missing some PQs :(

Sephzilla

I kind of hope we get a patch that increases the drop rate of things and generally makes things more "consistent". If I Z-Rank a PQ I think getting the best drop should be a guarantee, I've Z-Ranked PQs and gotten nothing out of them and that's pretty unacceptable. And what I meant by making things more consistent is that I still for the life of me can't understand why in PQ14 I can do everything right one time and have Goku go SSJ and then do it the exact same way the next time and Goku won't transform (same with the Vegeta PQ where he goes SSJ on Namek).

KHlover

Banned
I kind of hope we get a patch that increases the drop rate of things and generally makes things more "consistent". If I Z-Rank a PQ I think getting the best drop should be a guarantee, I've Z-Ranked PQs and gotten nothing out of them and that's pretty unacceptable. And what I meant by making things more consistent is that I still for the life of me can't understand why in PQ14 I can do everything right one time and have Goku go SSJ and then do it the exact same way the next time and Goku won't transform (same with the Vegeta PQ where he goes SSJ on Namek).

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Finishing Frieza off after getting Vegeta to blinking red health is already pretty hard depending what attack Frieza uses next, but when Vegeta doesn't even transform afterwards it's INFURIATING >:{

I totally didn't spend 3h doing this shit yesterday :/

Sephzilla

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Finishing Frieza off after getting Vegeta to blinking red health is already pretty hard depending what attack Frieza uses next, but when Vegeta doesn't even transform afterwards it's INFURIATING >:{

Or I at least wish there was more clarification on what needs to be done in order to get Ultimate Finishes in PQs. Stuff like "befriend Vegeta" is way too vague.

cHinzo

Vegeta doesn't even need to be in the red. He just transforms randomly.

Or I at least wish there was more clarification on what needs to be done in order to get Ultimate Finishes in PQs. Stuff like "befriend Vegeta" is way too vague.

Getting the second part aka let Krillin die lets u 'befriend Vegeta'. At least it's not a random event, like many others, ugh. >_> I still don't get how u get to Cell in PQ 20. I defeated the Cell Jr.'s in 4 minutes, but it still didn't trigger the event, even though people said u need to clear it in under 5 minutes to get to Cell.

Sephzilla

Getting the second part aka let Krillin die lets u 'befriend Vegeta'. At least it's not a random event, like many others, ugh. >_> I still don't get how u get to Cell in PQ 20. I defeated the Cell Jr.'s in 4 minutes, but it still didn't trigger the event, even though people said u need to clear it in under 5 minutes to get to Cell.

Honestly this game would probably be my GOAT DBZ game if it wasn't for the randomized bullshit.

KHlover

Banned
Vegeta doesn't even need to be in the red. He just transforms randomly.

That's even more infuriating, since I beat the quest a good 10 times before I read about the red health part online that would mean the chance of the event is pretty low :/

When I finished the quest with Vegeta at red health he at least transformed 2 out of 4 times. That was completely random? Fuck...

On a different note, is PQ28 bugged for anyone else? One of the first 3 Dragon Balls is well out of bounds :/
EDIT:nvm found out what to do

Top Bottom