• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I think I'm being slight misunderstood lol. I'm a Saiyan myself and am constantly in ssj2. All I meant was that having low ki can be devastating (
looking at you 6x Majin Buu
) when there is almost no chance you can use any of the 3 charging moves. But that's enough of that :p

I'm mad jealous of people playing on PC solely because I have the dumb gray/black filter on the game on ps4 D:

the set up i posted doesn't requiring charging and gives unlimited ki, so having low ki doesn't matter

Teknoman

Not the best comparison shots, but I think Glare on low is the best setting. That way things dont seem as flat.

Glare low:
ikOjPmwAWMsv5.jpg

Glare off:

Skele7on

Banned
DBZ game mixed with that Destiny RNG, Drugs it's drugs damn it.

Season Pass bought, I don't even care anymore, it's too good damn it.

Sephzilla

Another slight nitpick I have are the fights where you need to keep someone alive (like Frieza in the Super Saiyan PQ). I hate this primarily because the AI is set up to almost always attack that target. I managed to glitch Freiza through a wall with PQ14 and the end result was SSJ Goku flying face first into a rock the entire time while I simply stood there and shot Gallick Guns at him :/

KHlover

Banned
unbenadnntyzpcd.jpg

Just got a magnificent screenshot of my character :O

Another slight nitpick I have are the fights where you need to keep someone alive (like Frieza in the Super Saiyan PQ). I hate this primarily because the AI is set up to almost always attack that target. I managed to glitch Freiza through a wall with PQ14 and the end result was SSJ Goku flying face first into a rock the entire time while I simply stood there and shot Gallick Guns at him :/

Really? When I grinded the Super Vegita Ult. I had plenty of time to watch the AI behaviour, to me it seemed more as if the AI took turns attacking my allies.

Combo Against ally 1 > Super/Ult. > Combo against ally 2 > Super/Ult. > Combo against ally 3 >Super/Ult.>...>...

Somewhere in between I also got targeted a few times (I was extremely far away, outside of Lock-On range), but that seemed to be the general cycle.

What move is that? Also should post that here

That's a lucky screenshot from a cutscene during the Boo saga, some form of Energy wave. Not any particular named attack though. Stance looks like Final Flash and Vegeta is my mentor, so I'll just be going with that even though it'sthe wrong color :p

N° 2048

Guys, need help here.

Made a female saiyan with these stats:
Level 18
Max Health: 8
Max KI: 8
Max Stamina: 7
Basic Attacks: 7
Strike Supers:: 7
Ki Blast Supers: 14

Should I re roll a new character and focus more on one or two attributes? I started off spreading them evenly until I read not to.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Guys, need help here.

Level 18

Should I re roll a new character and focus more on one or two attributes? I started off spreading them evenly until I read not to.
Needs more focus

dubq

Is there an attribute reset option? Or is that something I would need to get the Dragon Balls for and summon Shenron?

Respect

Took forever to get x20 kaioken last night...used it, didn't even like it (saiyan race). Will probably like it more with a better stam race. Was infuriating, Vegeta kept dying mostly to Goku's combo break aoe.

k1t4j

Guys, need help here.

Level 18

I think it might be better to focus on something you like as opposed to even the stats out.

I am not at home so can't be 100% of the stats spread, but at Lv80 I have the following

HEALTH:50
STAMINA:55
ATTACK:50
KI SUPER:80

If you want to re roll the stats just gather the dragonballs

Corgi

Banned
I really wish there was more (or if there are any) 1v1 quests. I can imagine this game working fine as 1v1 fighter... but having 3v3+ is a mess... especially with these dumb ai folks.

I feel like im just lucking out when I beat PQ's.

Don't think i've beaten any ** or higher without revives.

Would love to see some video tutorials... or give me some effective cheese tactics.

maybe saiyans are just too damn squishy. Should roll a buu lol

Nameless

Guys, need help here.

Level 18

Yeah being amazing at something will help you more in tough fights than being balanced. If you like your character or have loot you don't want to lose it's not too late to start focusing on a particular trait. You've spent 51 points and a max character has around 240.

KHlover

Banned
I really wish there was more (or if there are any) 1v1 quests. I can imagine this game working fine as 1v1 fighter... but having 3v3+ is a mess... especially with these dumb ai folks.

Would love to see some video tutorials... or give me some effective cheese tactics.

Put AP in Ki Damage and Ki
Get Super Saiyan (Or Super Vegeta)
Spam Ultimates

Glass Cannon ftw

Nordicus

Guys, need help here.

Level 18

You could focusmore, but this is not an unfixable build by any means. Figure which 1 or 2 stats to stop growing and keep that Ki Blast high, preferrably higher than what your level is if you're specializing

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, this is what carried me through some of the fights later in story mode. Go SSJ2 and initiate the Final Flash Mob

Guilty of Final Flashmob as well :D

Incredible damage and sooo many Invincibility frames. Also has an amazing range. Great move all around.

I think it might be better to focus on something you like as opposed to even the stats out.

I am not at home so can't be 100% of the stats spread, but at Lv80 I have the following

HEALTH:50
STAMINA:55
ATTACK:50
KI SUPER:80

If you want to re roll the stats just gather the dragonballs
Yeah, I want to reroll my character. No offense to the Saiyan class, but take way too long to go super and from what I seen it is not that impressive.
What is the best stat to quickly kill mooks? Just curious.

try the set up i posted on the previous page, i think both abilities come from the two star pqs, though you might be able to buy holstein shock if you're far enough along

if i were to start fresh though, i'd go with a buu class first and then create other characters afterwards

anyone got that PQ where you can unlock 100X Big bang Kamehameha?

i think it's one you get after beating the story and collecting all the time shards, and then beating the new story

Gbraga

Getting annoyed playing against custom characters and their ridiculously super fast regenerating health.

I wish you could at least make a player/endless lobby with "default characters only". >_<

Or if in ranked matches your level didn't matter, only your items.

k1t4j

Yeah, I want to reroll my character. No offense to the Saiyan class, but take way too long to go super and from what I seen it is not that impressive.
What is the best stat to quickly kill mooks? Just curious.

Not offended I am a Human ^^

This is my opinion, so please take it as a grain of salt, but KI Blasts destroys NPC's.

At my level, using Final Flash I take half, if not more, of an HP bar of an enemy from the high level PQ or later story missions.

And there is this ultimate, that I think is from Recoome that takes a bit to fire, but jesus it mopes the floor clean of enemies.

I think it all comes down to how you specialize your points, for sure Strike supers when properly specced for can be as devastating.

cHinzo

That's even more infuriating, since I beat the quest a good 10 times before I read about the red health part online that would mean the chance of the event is pretty low :/

When I finished the quest with Vegeta at red health he at least transformed 2 out of 4 times. That was completely random? Fuck...

It's definitely worth to get it though. Didn't get shit yesterday, but it dropped today on the first try. :p True RNG.

Also, finally got a piece of the Yardrat equipment and it looks awesome. Unlocked Final Flash too from Vegeta's last training.
Awesome shots yo!

Some more shots yo!

Razzorn34

I'm glad I picked this up, but I've already screwed myself by balancing out my stats. Hit 40 last night. I didn't do any research before hand, and now I see my only option is farming dragonballs. What a PITA.

Tsunamo

Can you unlock items and such when using a normal character during the PQ's
Yes you can. Makes them much easier (and funner if you wanna mess around with other characters and their movesets) in the earlier parts of the game when your character's low leveled.

I think it all comes down to how you specialize your points, for sure Strike supers when properly specced for can be as devastating.
Sounds good. I went originally with Attack and Stamina, but realized a bigger Health bar does nothing when your defense sucks.
Thinking Majin because a high defense seems like a good place to start and pump it into Ki.
We shall see though. I can always redo Saiyan, but I want to unlock the extra slots before I do.

Can you unlock items and such when using a normal character during the PQ's
Yes, and you even get EXP. I suggest grinding with SSJ4 Vegeta honestly. Got high rankings way quicker that way.

Omni

Can you replay the story mode after you beat it or are you limited to the quests?

As in, without making a new character and starting over again? I suppose there isn't much point. But yanno.

Can you replay the story mode after you beat it or are you limited to the quests?

As in, without making a new character and starting over again? I suppose there isn't much point. But yanno.

You can replay the story quests. When you go to the Time Nest, go to the big building in the back where the Supreme Kai of Time is, as opposed to the small hut where Trunks is.

Corgi

Banned
For anyone with a wii u and this game: whats the better value--

Hyrule warriors or this. .?

different itches. both will last you a good while.

anyway to blanket mute people in mp on pc?

I don't need to hear people call each other niggas in my dbz game thanks.

ryushe

Can we change the |OT|'s title now that we know the game's pretty awesome? If so, how about something like:

Dragon Ball: XenoVerse |OT| This game's pretty Super, I'm just Saiyan.

HyperHip

Has anyone else been experiencing audio issues on the PC version? Music and dialogue seem to keep cutting out for whatever reason.

Can we change the |OT|'s title now that we know the game's pretty awesome? If so, how about something like:

Dragon Ball: XenoVerse |OT| This game's pretty Super, I'm just Saiyan.

Dragon Ball: XenoVerse |OT| Live out your DBZ fanfiction.
Dragon Ball: XenoVerse |OT| You Majin me crazy, just Saiyan.

I guess the lack of reviews is because it is structured like an MMO.

Top Bottom