• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Alchemist

After 20 retry's at least, I've finally gotten the Super Vegeta skill.

What do you guys think about my character? I'm just about to start the Android Saga and was wondering if I'm overleveled for the fights ahead.

Female Saiyan.
Level 40
Max Health 17
Max Ki 24
Max Stamina 18
Basic Attacks 24
Strike Supers 5
Ki Blast Supers 29

This game has not been on my radar but I saw the gamefly score and was surprised. Is this game really the tits??
It has issues, but it is one of the best DBZ games in years. With some fleshing out, this can become like Monster Hunter.
Probably will hit cult status like Wonderful 101.

Muzicfreq

Banned
It has issues, but it is one of the best DBZ games in years. With some fleshing out, this can become like Monster Hunter.
Probably will hit cult status like Wonderful 101.

Hopefully they see there's still the need for DBZ games. >.> But what I want is Dimps and Cyber connect 2 to make the next one together. (Doubt will ever happen)
CC2 for cellshading and dimps on core mechanics and such.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Multiplayer should be like XCOM's. You can choose any of the skills for your character, but they all come with a point cost, and you both have a set amount of points to choose from.

unbenadnntyzpcd.jpg

Just got a magnificent screenshot of my character :O
Brilliant picture, I think most people with female medium-builds that I've seen are using the CAS armour, I wonder why?

KHlover

Banned
Brilliant picture, I think most people with female medium-builds that I've seen are using the CAS armour, I wonder why?

I used this armor because I wanted my character to wear a Saiyan-like battle armor, but all of the armors that had dropped for me so far have those enormous shoulder pads, which look quite ugly IMO.

Cooler set only has one small shoulder pad, so it looks way better. I also like its color, pretty nice shade of purple.

TimFL

What move is that? Also should post that here

It's a cutscene.

I finished Cell as a mentor earlier today. That Perfect Kamehameha ultimate... it wrecks everything. It's better than Final Flash (doing Vegeta as a mentor after finishing Cell was pretty much wasting time due to that).

I have Android 18 as mentor now. The only other mentors spawning for me are Piccolo, Hercule and Ginyu. I hope A18 has good skills because Vegeta only had crap ones (Perfect Kamehameha >>>>> Final Flash).

I used this armor because I wanted my character to wear a Saiyan-like battle armor, but all of the armors that had dropped for me so far have those enormous shoulder pads, which look quite ugly IMO.

Cooler set only has one small shoulder pad, so it looks way better. I also like its color, pretty nice shade of purple.
Oh, sorry, my post was a reference to this:
Some of these outfits on my female Saiyan - medium build

especially the Cooler squad armor
like wearing nothing at all nothing all

5799-thats-damn-good.gif

unbenadnntyzpcd.jpg

Just got a magnificent screenshot of my character :O

Really? When I grinded the Super Vegita Ult. I had plenty of time to watch the AI behaviour, to me it seemed more as if the AI took turns attacking my allies.

Combo Against ally 1 > Super/Ult. > Combo against ally 2 > Super/Ult. > Combo against ally 3 >Super/Ult.>...>...

Somewhere in between I also got targeted a few times (I was extremely far away, outside of Lock-On range), but that seemed to be the general cycle.

That's a lucky screenshot from a cutscene during the Boo saga, some form of Energy wave. Not any particular named attack though. Stance looks like Final Flash and Vegeta is my mentor, so I'll just be going with that even though it'sthe wrong color :p

Mine is better :D

2048x1151.resizedimage

patchday

^^ Nice pics!

Can you replay the story mode after you beat it or are you limited to the quests?

As in, without making a new character and starting over again? I suppose there isn't much point. But yanno.

The interesting part is that even your alts can also select any part of the story they want to do and go to it. It's perfectly connected. Inventory, PQs, story, etc is all shared nice and proper

KHlover

Banned
Mine is better :D

2048x1151.resizedimage

Nah. Look at the face of your guy, he has that determined look - actually needs to put effort into the attack.

My character - from the slight grin, to the mocking look in her eyes communicates to Mira that she's overwhelmingly more powerful than him and that she'll wipe him from the face of the earth without breaking a sweat.

Sorry, superior facial expression is superior :p

Alchemy

^^ Nice pics!

The interesting part is that even your alts can also select any part of the story they want to do and go to it. It's perfectly connected. Inventory, PQs, story, etc is all shared nice and proper

Does this also include skills? Because I might actually grind for skills I'm not using on my main...

Ultimadrago

Hey guys, on the character select when you can choose your current character's look and they have "naked costumes" Does this stand for your other SEPARATE characters or can you have different costume presets for one character?

I don't understand why this game has a delay after every action before you can start another one. Like when you shoot ki attacks while moving and let go of the analog stick your character keeps moving for a extra second and you can't do anything else.

Sephzilla

Hey guys, on the character select when you can choose your current character's look and they have "naked costumes" Does this stand for your other SEPARATE characters or can you have different costume presets for one character?

No, it's for preset builds of your current character. You can save different variants (clothes, move sets) of your created character and that's where you can select them for fights. I don't remember where the presets stuff is in the menus off hand though.

Ultimadrago

No, it's for preset builds of your current character. You can save different variants (clothes, move sets) of your created character and that's where you can select them for fights. I don't remember where the presets stuff is in the menus off hand though.

Oh, okay. I found it. Thanks!

Danny 117

Is Piccolos Ultimate light grenade? Or is light grenade even in the game?

(The attack he used on Imperfect Cell, before he gets owned)

Thread is deep at this point;

anyone can tell me if I have to beat the story to unlock a new character creation slot. Trying to open one up for a homie for VS

side note: Is there really a major disadvantage to choosing human over saijyan?
>>>
my main is frieza race and I'd like my next char to have major KI popping off

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Thread is deep at this point;

anyone can tell me if I have to beat the story to unlock a new character creation slot. Trying to open one up for a homie for VS

>>>
If you're focused on Ki, don't bother making a human. You'd just be wasting Earthling damage perk.

>>>
Each race has two stats they are really high on.
Like Saiyan is Ki + Stamina. Human I think has the most neutral stat buffs with Health + Stamina since you can go either Ki or Attack based build.
I am going to try to create all races and list what two stats are high for each.

Top Bottom