• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

If you're focused on Ki, don't bother making a human. You'd just be wasting Earthling damage perk.

Each race has two stats they are really high on.
Like Saiyan is Ki + Stamina. Human I think has the most neutral stat buffs with Health + Stamina since you can go either Ki or Attack based build.
I am going to try to create all races and list what two stats are high for each.

Thanks guys, but back to my original question, do I have to beat the story to unlock an extra character creation slot? Or how deep until, I've had the game for about 36 hours

Alright, cheers!

If you haven't unlocked that fight you need to collect the 5 Time Crystals, finish the Bardock and Broly missions then if you didn't get it there, do PQ51 that unlocks after you face Broly as a quest objective in Tokitoki City.

Where can you find Soul D and Soul Echo ( outisde shenron ) ?

Later PQs. 30s+ for Soul Devices and 34+ for Soul Diffusion. Check the PQs to make sure for the specific ones you need.

Thanks guys, but back to my original question, do I have to beat the story to unlock an extra character creation slot? Or how deep until, I've had the game for about 36 hours

Yes. Beat story mode and you unlock your other slots.

Pretty much yes. The extra slots do not unlock until you beat the story mode first, at least that is the word on the forums.

I think I might get this. PS4 or PC?

from a technical PoV, the PC version is superior... and you can use a PS4 or xbox controller on the Pc natively with this game.

Unless you have friends who are playing on PS4 that you want to play with, the PC version is great.

KHlover

Banned
I haven't seen it used in the game but Hellzone Grenade is actually the move he uses on 17 (the endless barrage of ki blasts).

Light grenade would be a perfect AoE Ultimate as its a huge explosion :D

It's in the game...as a Super with truly pitiful range. Can't rcommend :/

EDIT: Ah, wrong attack. Light Grenade IS in the game though, but it's only a Super. Smallish ball of energy you can charge by mashing its button, pretty low damage for its charging time though. Huge explosion attack I mixed it up with is "Destructive Wave", the attack he uses to desintegrate the Saibaman attacking Gohan

For a refresher, which PQ makes it easiest to grind Dragon Balls? And how do you get Time Crystals?

Number 12 by far.

PQ2: Kill the 3 Z Warriors: Look to the building on Kami's lookout. If you see a Patroller appear fight them and if you get a key item, beat the mission to keep it.

PQ12: Use your Scouter. If you see a Patroller ahead of you fight them and if you get a key item, beat the mission to keep it.

Crystals are visible in PQ item lists. Check each one for where they are. Generally you have to beat all the optional objectives, get an ultimate finish, etc, to get them.

Corgi

Banned
from a technical PoV, the PC version is superior... and you can use a PS4 or xbox controller on the Pc natively with this game.

Unless you have friends who are playing on PS4 that you want to play with, the PC version is great.

well onine doesn't work at all for either, so friend situation doesn't matter :p

most annoying shit ever is when 3 enemies just continuously fire off ki blast and super kamehamehas...

my gamestop didn't have it :( i want this

lol funny i just came back from gamestop the ps4 version was sold out and there was only like 2 Xbox One versions left.

they had a few for 360 and ps3 tho

Ultimadrago

Number 12 by far.

PQ2: Kill the 3 Z Warriors: Look to the building on Kami's lookout. If you see a Patroller appear fight them and if you get a key item, beat the mission to keep it.

PQ12: Use your Scouter. If you see a Patroller ahead of you fight them and if you get a key item, beat the mission to keep it.

Crystals are visible in PQ item lists. Check each one for where they are. Generally you have to beat all the optional objectives, get an ultimate finish, etc, to get them.

Thank you!

KHlover

Banned
most annoying shit ever is when 3 enemies just continuously fire off ki blast and super kamehamehas...

lol funny i just came back from gamestop the ps4 version was sold out and there was only like 2 Xbox One versions left.

they had a few for 360 and ps3 tho

You'll love the later PQs. A few times I died because I got hit by one Super Kamehameha, then when it was just about to finish I got hit by Super Kamehameha 2 -> rinse and repeat until death. Pretty frustrating :D

Nordicus

Battles begin with ki at max but ki supers are neutered? How weird.
5 Arrows isn't exactly "neutered". Might be maybe -5% at most. But if you want to say, in comparison to a Ki Super oriented Z-soul, then yeah, sure.
If you're focused on Ki, don't bother making a human. You'd just be wasting Earthling damage perk.
I disagree. I've been watching this one high ranking (5th last time I saw) PvPer pull off some spectacular things with a Ki and Blast super oriented human. The difference is mostly that he spammed supers rather than ultimates, and almost never needed to charge. The racial ki regen is just crazy and you can still gain more ki while attacking and taking damage, which a Super Saiyan can't do. They can only regain ki through an energy charge skill. Human ki management is much more stress-free and constant.
Light Grenade IS in the game though, but it's only a Super. Smallish ball of energy you can charge by mashing its button, pretty low damage for its charging time though.
It really is kinda bad

Guys, need help here.

Made a female saiyan with these stats:
Level 18
Max Health: 8
Max KI: 8
Max Stamina: 7
Basic Attacks: 7
Strike Supers:: 7
Ki Blast Supers: 14

Should I re roll a new character and focus more on one or two attributes? I started off spreading them evenly until I read not to.

My human female is like 100 ki blast, 100 health, something stamina I think 37.

Dragon Ball wishes can let you respec, but also, finishing the game and opening easy PQs let you level really fast, so it is very easy to relevel a new character.

Nordicus

hmmm completely forgot about ultimates. doesn't help that the starting one is garbage.
The starting ki volley ultimate has a funny little attribute to it. If you use it as an extension of a melee combo, for some reason, the ki blasts home in on your target.

I've multiple times sent an opponent flying and then used that ultimate as a follow-up. Suddenly the dumb spread turns very compact

It's dumb how Blue Hurricane winds up like it's gonna be this huge attack, but enemies only get hurt if they are right by your spinning fists.

Corgi

Banned
The starting ki volley ultimate has a funny little attribute to it. If you use it as an extension of a melee combo, for some reason, the ki blasts home in on your target.

I've multiple times sent an opponent flying and then used that ultimate as a follow-up. Suddenly the dumb spread turns very compact

should give that a shot.

Would be nice if someone compiled a list of must have Z spirits, skills, or what not littered through this massive thread :3

copying and pasting a bunch of this stuff to a google doc while on break at work lol

Delio

I like Final Flash's damage but I have so many problems pulling it off when the AI is knocking enemies out of the blast. I've had much better luck with Super Vanishing Ball with connecting. Are there any tips on how to get Final Flash to connect more often?

Ultimadrago

After trying Android 17 and 18 as partners, I don't think I'll ever not have them again. Any other partners that have fun banter when playing with them on your team?

Also Japanese Goku/Gohan sounds so much like Luffy (vice versa). Can't get it out of my head.

i got 80 in Ki blast super vanishing ball and Final Flash are ridiculously strong.. take out 3/4 of health if i get a direct hit

i cant wait to get Beerus ultimate.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still clueless how to beat higher level PQs offline. The AI dies so fast leaving it a 3v1. And online functionality is really inconsistent. Haven't been able to get into the lobby since day one.

bluehat9

I couldn't find this game anywhere, had to order from amazon and its shipping from Arizona? Seems weird since I never have stuff from amazon ship from there (live in NJ).

KHlover

Banned
Still clueless how to beat higher level PQs offline. The AI dies so fast leaving it a 3v1. And online functionality is really inconsistent.

Good question. Later PQs really are ridiculous, you just get juggled to death by Ultimate Attacks. Fuckers even combo into each other's Ultimate. :/

On PC you always have the option to go with some...rather unelegant solutions, but I'm not aware of any feasible way to beat the 7-8 star PQs solo offline (on consoles). AI is just ridiculous on both sides.

So, I've been grinding Dragon Balls forever wondering why I can't get the 7th to drop. Then I'm on Reddit and I see someone say that the stats page says they have 7,buf only have 6.

So, I go to check my play data page and sure enough, same thing.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

You can see which Dragon Balls you own in your bag, category "Key Items". What does your bag say?

Bogeypop

After trying Android 17 and 18 as partners, I don't think I'll ever not have them again. Any other partners that have fun banter when playing with them on your team?

Also Japanese Goku/Gohan sounds so much like Luffy (vice versa). Can't get it out of my head.

Oh I don't know... Maybe you should listen more closely to Krillen instead.... Also for some reason Frieza sounds like a recent One Piece villain, hmm... HMMM?!~

NinjaJesus

So, I've been grinding Dragon Balls forever wondering why I can't get the 7th to drop. Then I'm on Reddit and I see someone say that the stats page says they have 7,buf only have 6.

So, I go to check my play data page and sure enough, same thing.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Nordicus

Can the attack be continued by holding the button? I've tried using the attack but I've not been able to use it very effectively.
No, it's more like the same thing with most blast supers, where the effect stays on longer to deliver the hits if the attack actually connects with someone. Blue hurricane's the same.... except it lacks the point where the final hit has been dealt and the attack knocks you back away from it. You're just stuck there getting comboed until the attack ends properly.
wait...how?
By riding the storm

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just did my first online PQ, I just hit Quick Match... got a level, some items and a new Ultimate Attack, and finish XP included the bonuses for doing the most damage and killing the most enemies of the 3 people in the game. i can see how this could be rather addictive.

So far Krillin's training is just beating the crap out of him easily so I can't say I mind it too much.

TimFL

Number 12 by far.

Not really. I think the PQ15 where you fight Frieza final form on a destroyed namek is by far the easiest.

I always have 2 NPCs with me (SSJ God Goku + mentor) to hold him off until I maxed my KI, then I go SSJ2 and blast Frieza with my Perfect Kamehameha. He's dead with 2 ultimate hits which usually triggers a time patrol guy arriving. The whole quest can be done in under 1 minute that way. I usually get a Z rating when doing it because Frieza isn't even able to touch me once (and you don't even need to ultimate spam the time patrol guy, he usually dies with me getting a small combo on him as SSJ2).

Finished the story a few hours ago... I was REALLY disappointed with the last few fights.
They are effectively the same? Like I fought Beerus 50 times and that Demigra guy 19023481248 times. Pretty annoying tbh. Not really a challenge at level 54 either.

That GT Goku outfit is really good.

Question: What ultimate does Android 18 drop? Is it worth it maxing her? I'd love to get Gotenks as a mentor but I only have Krillin, Piccolo and A18 spawn...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not really. I think the PQ15 where you fight Frieza final form on a destroyed namek is by far the easiest.

I always have 2 NPCs with me (SSJ God Goku + mentor) to hold him off until I maxed my KI, then I go SSJ2 and blast Frieza with my Perfect Kamehameha. He's dead with 2 ultimate hits which usually triggers a time patrol guy arriving. The whole quest can be done in under 1 minute that way. I usually get a Z rating when doing it because Frieza isn't even able to touch me once (and you don't even need to ultimate spam the time patrol guy, he usually dies with me getting a small combo on him as SSJ2).

Finished the story a few hours ago... I was REALLY disappointed with the last few fights.
They are effectively the same? Like I fought Beerus 50 times and that Demigra guy 19023481248 times. Pretty annoying tbh. Not really a challenge at level 54 either.

That GT Goku outfit is really good.

Question: What ultimate does Android 18 drop? Is it worth it maxing her? I'd love to get Gotenks as a mentor but I only have Krillin, Piccolo and A18 spawn...

18 drops double destructo disc. it looks really cool, but you only really need 18 for the deadly dance super. most of her other stuff is just alright.

Top Bottom