• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

TimFL

18 drops double destructo disc. it looks really cool, but you only really need 18 for the deadly dance super. most of her other stuff is just alright.

Thanks, will max her anyways. I plan on maxing all mentors (even that damn Hercule...).

Is there a list of all mentors with the skills they give somewhere? I wonder if Goku gives e.g. Super Kamehameha which deals more damage than Cells Perfect Kamehameha? The Final Flash you get from Vegeta AFAIK does less damage than the Perfect Kamehameha (but it channels faster and doesnt miss that often?).

And what the f*** is it with the game failing to register your e.g. Perfect Kamehameha hits when the opponent is up close and personal? That Beerus fight was SO annoying because he kept glitching into my face which meant that my Kamehameha didn't hit him (+ annoying glitchy hit sound). When I get up close and personal with someone using an ultimate (even when I'm attacking him from behind) I ALWAYS get hit. So ridiculous, I hope they patch that in the future...

Nameless

This game has not been on my radar but I saw the gamefly score and was surprised. Is this game really the tits??

This thread is making me want to get this game+season pass on the PS4. Please stop me DB Gaffers.

I've been having an absolute blast. DBXV is one of the most pleasant gaming surprises I can remember having in quite a while. This from someone who hasn't watched DBZ since they were a kid, isn't an Anime fan now, and hadn't played a Dragon Ball game since Budokai (which I didn't find all that great).

The combat faithfully captures the frenetic, large scale chaos of the show. It's easy enough to pick up to play, but rewards those who take the time to learn the mechanics and individual abilities--unlike the Budokai games I've been enjoying it more and more as I play. Whether I'm completely overpowered and laying waste to everything in front of me, or fighting a superior warrior who, in classic DBZ fashion, doesn't even bother to block my attacks, it's been an a really satisfying experience top to bottom.

Lastly, the core game gives you an absurd amount of content. In 25-30 hours I've leveled my character to 54 and beaten the main story, but it feels like I've just barely scratched the surface. Nevermind I've only been able to actually connect for about an hour total. So yeah..in short:

wqXQSVh.gif

After 20 retry's at least, I've finally gotten the Super Vegnoeta skill.

What do you guys think about my character? I'm just about to start the Android Saga and was wondering if I'm overleveled for the fights ahead.

Female Saiyan.
Level 40
Max Health 17
Max Ki 24
Max Stamina 18
Basic Attacks 24
Strike Supers 5
Ki Blast Supers 29

I'm actually curious to hear how this works out. To me it looks like you might be spread a little to thin and have a hard time dealing enough damage to some of the tougher enemies as a result--especially outside of SV mode. With Female Saiyans I find it's best to embrace your glass cannon nature and make dealing damage the highest priority.

Based Broly Z-Soul
m4T9jfu.jpg

Woah. Looks like this would be pretty beastly on a kaioken based melee Saiyan. Hell, I'd even try it on my SSJ character if the defensive buffs are good enough. You can easily make up for the decreased ki blast with gear modifiers and/or Super Vegeta. Interesting.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Thanks, will max her anyways. I plan on maxing all mentors (even that damn Hercule...).

Is there a list of all mentors with the skills they give somewhere? I wonder if Goku gives e.g. Super Kamehameha which deals more damage than Cells Perfect Kamehameha? The Final Flash you get from Vegeta AFAIK does less damage than the Perfect Kamehameha (but it channels faster and doesnt miss that often?).

And what the f*** is it with the game failing to register your e.g. Perfect Kamehameha hits when the opponent is up close and personal? That Beerus fight was SO annoying because he kept glitching into my face which meant that my Kamehameha didn't hit him (+ annoying glitchy hit sound). When I get up close and personal with someone using an ultimate (even when I'm attacking him from behind) I ALWAYS get hit. So ridiculous, I hope they patch that in the future...

Krillin - Orin Combo, Destructo Disc, Spread Shot Retreat (Evasive), Scatter Kamehameha
Piccolo- Evil Explosion, Super Explosive Wave (Evasive Skill), Light Grenade, Special Beam Cannon
Vegeta- Galick Gun, Finish Breaker, Shine Shot, Final Flash
Ginyu- Fighting Pose F, Fighting Pose A, Milky Cannon, Body Change (1v1 only Ultimate)
Hercule- Rolling Hercule Punch, Dynamite Kick, Present for You, Savior Has Arrived
Frieza- Death Beam, Death Crasher, Emperor's Sign, Supernova
Cell - All Clear, Gravity Impact, Perfect Shot, Perfect Kamehameha
Android #18- Power Blitz, Endless Shoot, Deadly Dance, Dual Destructo-disc
Gohan & Videl- Eagle Kick, Hawk Charge, Ki Blast Combination, Justice Combination
Gotenks- Galactic Donuts, DIE DIE Missile Barrage, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Super), Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Ultimate)
Goku- Afterimage Stirke, Spirit Bomb, Kamehameha X10 and Super Kamehameha
Beerus- Headshot, God of Destruction's Anger, Sphere of Destruction

cHinzo

Yo, have anyone gotten Android 17's ultimate: Super Electric Strike? I'm serious, that skill is huge (almost filling the entire screen), is fast and does a shitton of damage. Anyone else tried it yet? I'm loving it as a Ki user!

Nordicus

Some pictures of my Majin in action.

Guldo's Paralysis seems like a fun ultimate for teamfights, because it doesn't only paralyse once. If the initial paralyze hits, the icicle that comes few seconds after will almost home in on them and freeze them for several seconds. Could potentially set up some fun comboes for yourself as well with that. Also, the attack makes my character smile, it's a little disturbing

Still practicing the use of Change the Future, and sadly with any beam ultimates, I'll still end up eating a portion of the damage when I counter them despite the few invincibility frames I get. With supers I'll knock people right out of it, and ball ultimates will just miss me properly. Almost wish the skill would teleport me behind the enemy... but blasting right in the enemy's face after a teleport is quite cathartic

SoulUnison

Banned
Playing on PC:

Launch game ->
Start Menu ->
Connecting to XENOVERSE server (60+ seconds) ->
Select Character ->
Select Single Player...world...thing... ->
50% chance of returning to Start Menu ->
Get into game ->
Play an offline PQ ->
Finish PQ ->
Look at inventory to read description on items/skills gained during PQ ->
Game suddenly fades to black ->
You have been disconnected from XENOVERSE ->
Return to Start Menu/Goto 10/Do not pass Go/Here lies SoulUnison.

Majin male's running animation is similar to Arale's. Pretty awesome, not to mention fitting.
The starting ki volley ultimate has a funny little attribute to it. If you use it as an extension of a melee combo, for some reason, the ki blasts home in on your target.

I've multiple times sent an opponent flying and then used that ultimate as a follow-up. Suddenly the dumb spread turns very compact

omg what

This is a blasted gamechanger. Thank you for this knowledge.

Can we change the |OT|'s title now that we know the game's pretty awesome? If so, how about something like:

Dragon Ball: XenoVerse |OT| This game's pretty Super, I'm just Saiyan.

Motion seconded.

It's almost a guaranteed hit since it's so big and it looks dope as fck. Only problem would be getting the skill... Here are some screenies from that attack. :D

i just wish blast would change color according to your race... i dont like shooting blue and green beams as a pink majin.

Dragoshi1

Been playing offline after I impulse bought it on Saturday.

It's pretty fun, rolling human, wearing full Raditz armor.

Now, I watched DBZ back in the day(Ginyu, Frieza, Buu, Cell arcs), never really played any of the games, and am having a blast.

How do I make more characters, though? It says locked for all the character slots.

Been playing offline after I impulse bought it on Saturday.

It's pretty fun, rolling human, wearing full Raditz armor.

Now, I watched DBZ back in the day(Ginyu, Frieza, Buu, Cell arcs), never really played any of the games, and am having a blast.

How do I make more characters, though? It says locked for all the character slots.

Complete the story to unlock the other slots.

KHlover

Banned
Playing on PC:

Launch game ->
Start Menu ->
Select Character ->
Select Single Player...world...thing... ->
50% chance of returning to Start Menu ->
Get into game ->
Play an offline PQ ->
Finish PQ ->
Look at inventory to read description on items/skills gained during PQ ->
Game suddenly fades to black ->
You have been disconnected from XENOVERSE ->
Return to Start Menu/Goto 10/Do not pass Go/Here lies SoulUnison.

Steam -> Go offline -> Start Game -> Play SP

Way better if you plan on doing offline PQ anyways

tribal24

Banned
i just got the game on playstation 4 and i noticed that the brightness is dimmed during gameplay and not as colorful as some screenshots. is this normal?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I uh, was doing a PQ with Krillin (was told doing them with your mentor was beneficial) and a fight triggers and another Krillin shows up and he's all "Here goes" and now there's two Krillins fighting with me what.

Nordicus

omg what

This is a blasted gamechanger. Thank you for this knowledge.
Haha, the damage still isn't great or anything, but it's guaranteed this way

On the left is the starting ultimate by itself, on the right as the continuation of a simple melee combo string. A gif or video would be better at showing, but they do infact explicitly home (also see the 23-hit combo)

Bogeypop

Literally spent the last hour or so trying to get Super Vegeta. I was having trouble triggering the SSJ Vegeta fight, but now I have it down. The problem is I can't seem to get Z rank which seems like the requirement to get Super Vegeta to drop.

Revven

i just got the game on playstation 4 and i noticed that the brightness is dimmed during gameplay and not as colorful as some screenshots. is this normal?

Yes, there is a filter over the game much like in some recent Tales Of games. On PC, there is no such filter.

Wow who the hell buffed the Androids this hard? I've been grinding them for a while to get some gear drops but it only just occurred to me after switching missions that these two are unfathomably strong. They tear through SSJ4 Vegeta, SSG Goku and Beerus as if they're nothing. I can take on the 3 Buu's at once with considerably less of a challenge. Seems kind of odd.

FootballFan

I've been hyping this game like crazy to my FootballGAF(RIP) bros, yet I'm the last to get it lol.

Game finally arrives this Thursday. Really can't wait!

cHinzo

Looks great man! It's what Videl would have looked like if she was a Saiyan. :p

Wow who the hell buffed the Androids this hard? I've been grinding them for a while to get some gear drops but it only just occurred to me after switching missions that these two are unfathomably strong. They tear through SSJ4 Vegeta, SSG Goku and Beerus as if they're nothing. I can take on the 3 Buu's at once with considerably less of a challenge. Seems kind of odd.

Those ultimates yo.

So I uh, was doing a PQ with Krillin (was told doing them with your mentor was beneficial) and a fight triggers and another Krillin shows up and he's all "Here goes" and now there's two Krillins fighting with me what.

Time travel is whack.

Haha, the damage still isn't great or anything, but it's guaranteed this way

On the left is the starting ultimate by itself, on the right as the continuation of a simple melee combo string. A gif or video would be better at showing, but they do infact explicitly home (also see the 23-hit combo)
I just love that it works like that... it's exactly how I thought it'd work, actually. Only without the combo.

MDave

So, I think what I'm supposed to do if I'm not strong enough for the story fights is to get boost points from playing PQ over and over? I'm playing a lot of fighting the Ginyu force ones since they are the last ones on my list (before fighting Freeze and before fighting Cell). It's getting old quite fast, and I don't think its worth it to try the other PQ's since they give you less? Am I playing this right?

One, and where is I'm the Strongest that Vegeta talks about? Guessing its a item?

i feel like every strike super i've tried except for meteor crash is totally pointless. half of them don't even connect most of the time and none of them can spend the extra ki to extend the combo like meteor crash does.

am i missing something? what strike supers are people using?

ZeroX03

Banned
Yo, have anyone gotten Android 17's ultimate: Super Electric Strike? I'm serious, that skill is huge (almost filling the entire screen), is fast and does a shitton of damage. Anyone else tried it yet? I'm loving it as a Ki user!

That move wrecks AI allies. They cannot avoid it. I hate facing off against 17.

i feel like every strike super i've tried except for meteor crash is totally pointless. half of them don't even connect most of the time and none of them can spend the extra ki to extend the combo like meteor crash does.

am i missing something? what strike supers are people using?

Right now I am using:

Deadly Dance: Replaced Meteor Crash for me.
Gigantic Omega: Strike that is actually you throwing a giant green ki-ball? Can hit from a distance or be used up close. Can also hit downed opponents, lol.
Super Drain: Drains stamina and transfers it to you. Connects for moderate damage too.

Right now I am using:

Deadly Dance: Replaced Meteor Crash for me.
Gigantic Omega: Strike that is actually you throwing a giant green ki-ball? Can hit from a distance or be used up close. Can also hit downed opponents, lol.
Super Drain: Drains stamina and transfers it to you. Connects for moderate damage too.

thanks, i'll play around with these. stamina drain sounds great since i'm relying pretty heavily on kaioken x20 right now, didn't realize it also did damage

FootballFan

Not sure if I can word this question correctly, but with the CaC, are you able to create a character that can look like some of the actual characters from the show?

For example, could you create someone that looks like Drum or Tambourine from Dragon Ball?

Or are the create options not that advanced? I don't mind either way, just curious.

Top Bottom