• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I was actually able to log into the game today! Just now!

Yes! Yes! I feel incredible! I can do this! I can win log in!
One, and where is I'm the Strongest that Vegeta talks about? Guessing its a item?

Sounds like a z-soul, probably one of Vegeta's. You can get it from PQ5.

Which reminds me, there are items in PQs that aren't listed under the rewards. For instance, I got Tapion's Sword from PQ 22 by talking to Trunks in-mission.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i feel like every strike super i've tried except for meteor crash is totally pointless. half of them don't even connect most of the time and none of them can spend the extra ki to extend the combo like meteor crash does.

am i missing something? what strike supers are people using?

They're a mixed bag and a lot of the best strike attacks don't really show up until later on. On top of that, a lot of ki supers suck too - you don't end up paying with your face if you throw some bs from long distance.

There aren't too many strikes you can just throw out there raw without combos to start off with though. Shining Slash is an awesome strike that, at full charge, will teleport you right next to your target and has a hitstun long enough for all kinds of fukkery afterwards. You can get it relatively mid-way through your story run if you check your available PQs often.

Nordicus

am i missing something? what strike supers are people using?
Arm Crash lets me "win" melee initiations and can sometimes connect combo strings because it's a super level chargeable heavy attack that is unblockable, has a bit of extra reach, gives you Ultimate level of super armor, and puts the enemy into a lengthy reeling animation.

Then there's Mach Kick which is an ORAORAORA kick combo that can be cancelled into another Super (and possibly Ultimate) in the middle

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So was doing this online PQ fighting Frieza and one of the other guys said we had to let Krillin die (always up for that) so we do, Goku shows up, Vegeta shows up, we kill Frieza, then we're all fighting Vegeta and run out of time. What were we trying to accomplish?

Nordicus

So was doing this online PQ fighting Frieza and one of the other guys said we had to let Krillin die (always up for that) so we do, Goku shows up, Vegeta shows up, we kill Frieza, then we're all fighting Vegeta and run out of time. What were we trying to accomplish?
You were trying to get the Super Vegeta skill drop I believe

dacalo

Are server issues limited to the PC version or does the PS4 version have the problem as well? I am debating which version to buy. Thanks!

Before I disconnected from the Xenoverse server I did that exact thing, only Vegeta showed up on my side. (Declaring him self "Legendary Super Saiyan" moments after Goku had actually went Super Saiyan.) Mission ended normally when we defeated Frieza.

Welfare

Before I disconnected from the Xenoverse server I did that exact thing, only Vegeta showed up on my side. (Declaring him self "Legendary Super Saiyan" moments after Goku had actually went Super Saiyan.) Mission ended normally when we defeated Frieza.

Happened to me. Pretty funny.

Bogeypop

Went from zero to mastered with Cell in all this time I'm trying to get Super Vegeta to drop... On the brightside Perfect Kamehameha is twice as strong as Final Flash, only downside is the animation takes a bit longer. Also can consistently get Vegeta to turn on me and go SSJ as well as get Z rank, now it's just a matter of time. Wouldn't be surprised if I mastered Hercule as well at this rate.
He was the only other Master around at the time.

cHinzo

Yeah, Vegeta going Super Saiyan and turning on u is the next event, after defeating Frieza, but it has a random chance of triggering. U can get Super Vegeta from that quest.

patchday

Went from zero to mastered with Cell in all this time I'm trying to get Super Vegeta to drop... On the brightside Perfect Kamehameha is twice as strong as Final Flash, only downside is the animation takes a bit longer. Also can consistently get Vegeta to turn on me and go SSJ as well as get Z rank, now it's just a matter of time. Wouldn't be surprised if I mastered Hercule as well at this rate.

How does Super Vegeta skill differ from Super Saiyan? I've been wondering myself

In addition to giving you infinite Ki I think I heard it boosts the power of your Ki based Supers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't that also what Super Saiyan 2 does? I noticed it drains my Ki faster but it also seems to make my Ki supers do a whole load of damage compared to standard SSJ.

Word? I'm about to mentor under Cell then.

Isn't that also what Super Saiyan 2 does? I noticed it drains my Ki faster but it also seems to make my Ki supers do a whole load of damage compared to standard SSJ.

SSJ2 drains your Ki hella faster, though.

I was in a Broly online PQ and the last portal didn't activate for me. It became selectable for a split second, but then just stopped. Luckily the other two were through and still finished it, but that's like the second time that happened to me. Do they sometimes stop when fights start or is this a glitch?

So I did some messing around with races and it seems all races have high Stamina and Ki. Other stats change a little, but it is hard to see.
Most are probably based in battles than actual stats.

Yeah, Vegeta going Super Saiyan and turning on u is the next event, after defeating Frieza, but it has a random chance of triggering. U can get Super Vegeta from that quest.

Oooh, right. I forgot that the PQs have random branches.

You know, I sorta like how random the game is; it makes the whole thing feel a lot more like actually training your T Patroller instead of grinding. It's not about reaching a certain level.. it's about grasping that nigh-unattainable skill that someone else has.

Dragonball: Xenoverse; Or, The Life of Vegeta.

That's crazy. It is near perfectly simulating the way most people fight online. Power to SSJ than spam ultimates......FUN!

Definitely recommend to anyone that has to deal with that shit, invest in instant transmission ASAP. As soon as you see them charging for their ultimate, bam... teleport right behind them.

You don't get sucked into their Ki wave's gravitational pull when you do that?

That doesn't really work if you have even a slightly mobile Evasive move. Frieza's Psychic Move, which I use, teleports you out of stunlock, behind your targeted enemy and does a psychic bitchslap.

Still, if you do have one of those explosive stationary anti-melee evasive moves, you are indeed royally fucked

Wow, that dude didn't even use his evasion skill.

I use Vegetto's Energy Barrier where I can hold the button and use ki to further my shield duration.

Lol, that was me. And my stamina meter was still filling until like halfway into the combo. And yeah, I was running an anti-melee evasive at the time. Trust me, I've since corrected that.

I also wasn't expecting to be chained like that. So I was just sort of surprised.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Man throughout this thread I keep seeing people confuse the differences of Kaioken and SSJ and their consumption and the gains.

Kaioken benefits from high stamina
SSJ/2 benefits from high Max Ki

I rather not confuse newcomers to the game with people saying that ki based builds and kaioken are great since it's the complete opposite.

Alchemist

I'm actually curious to hear how this works out. To me it looks like you might be spread a little to thin and have a hard time dealing enough damage to some of the tougher enemies as a result--especially outside of SV mode. With Female Saiyans I find it's best to embrace your glass cannon nature and make dealing damage the highest priority.

I think you're right tbh. The Buu fights in story mode dragged and PQ32 was kicking my ass.

Definitely think I'm going respec once I find the remaining Dragon Balls.

Rizzi

I like how my character looks.
ADCA8112F307DF7645F85800EF8D81D2636A188F

Ultimadrago

Several missions are saying they offer Time Shard 4. Is this a glitch?

Okay, it wasn't. But where is PQ 40 so I can get Shard 3? Also will you ever have to collect shards more than once?

Nairume

Banned
Is there anything special that needs to be done to get Nappa to show up and offer PQ06, or am I just being super unlucky and he is just refusing to spawn in town?

Revven

Got a lot done today, beat the Cell part of the story and then did a whole row of PQs (the ones that unlocked after Cell anyway). Almost done with Ginyu's training as well!

My character is sitting at... lv 35, I think? Maybe 36 now, I forget which atm (did a lot of leveling lol).

ZeroX03

Banned
PQ 32. No problem with the first two pairs. Then Gohan and Goku get me in a 4x ultimate Kamehameha combo that takes my entire life bar. What the fuck.

Oooh, right. I forgot that the PQs have random branches.

You know, I sorta like how random the game is; it makes the whole thing feel a lot more like actually training your T Patroller instead of grinding. It's not about reaching a certain level.. it's about grasping that nigh-unattainable skill that someone else has.

Dragonball: Xenoverse; Or, The Life of Vegeta.

Makes me feel like this game doesn't respect my time, a lot like Destiny. Of course this game is much more enjoyable than Destiny so it's more bareable but I shouldn't have to spend hours grinding for a chance at Kaioken 20.

Ok this sucks. I'm loving this game but one thing has truly irked me. Why the hell can't I use remote play? That was pretty much the whole reason I got the PS4 copy as well and it turns out it doesn't even allow it? This is the first game I've found that doesn't work and there seems to be no reason for it not to so this is REALLY annoying.

I agree. Tweet Namco-Bandai about it like a few of us have. Maybe they can patch it in.

I don't even have a Twitter account but I may make one just to do this. I was considering making an account to Tweet them about the filter on consoles and ask for an option to turn it off anyway.

Maligna

Banned
Ok this sucks. I'm loving this game but one thing has truly irked me. Why the hell can't I use remote play? That was pretty much the whole reason I got the PS4 copy as well and it turns out it doesn't even allow it? This is the first game I've found that doesn't work and there seems to be no reason for it not to so this is REALLY annoying.

I agree. Tweet Namco-Bandai about it like a few of us have. Maybe they can patch it in.

Savitar

Since my favorite character in DBZ use to be Perfect Cell can you get some great stuff off him or have him mentor you in any way?

Top Bottom