• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Trickster

Anyone gotten the bonus objective for parallel quest 19 - "let's train"?

The objectives are called "Clear with Vegeta and gohan transformed" and
"Defeat Revived Gohan"

But it doesn't seem to work when I get Vegeta and Gohan to transform, nothing happens, and if I kill them I just finish the quest

Yaari

Didn't know there would be another Dragonball movie. Cool stuff because this game got me excited for it I guess. I enjoyed the last one too, for what it was.

Hope I can get the Neither Kami nor Picolo Z-Soul tomorrow. Will take some grinding to get I guess. I need it to progress at this point.

Neku054

Neo Member
Man throughout this thread I keep seeing people confuse the differences of Kaioken and SSJ and their consumption and the gains.

Kaioken benefits from high stamina
SSJ/2 benefits from high Max Ki

I rather not confuse newcomers to the game with people saying that ki based builds and kaioken are great since it's the complete opposite.

I mentioned this yesterday/earlier today but Master Milk (i think is the name? lol) or w.e. insisted that with the correct Soul you will have infinite Ki since K.Os with said Soul puts you at max Ki and will never need a charging move.

I still think that specific soul will do nothing to help unless you are at level 80 and are just grinding out lower level PQs. Hence why i was confused as to why there were Saiyan builds going around encouraging Max Stamina (not just here on GAF) when i see no benefit in the long run. Max Ki = Longer duration in Forms = more attacks going off and breathing room incase you cant use any of the 3 available charge moves at the time.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I just can't play Ki based anymore. It's rather boring since all it is is just run in, slap enemies a little bit, run away and blast them away. While in the anime and such they did alot more physical fighting and was more dynamic. -_- though at the same time is that now I have a melee human and leveling a melee saiyan.

Man throughout this thread I keep seeing people confuse the differences of Kaioken and SSJ and their consumption and the gains.

Kaioken benefits from high stamina
SSJ/2 benefits from high Max Ki

I rather not confuse newcomers to the game with people saying that ki based builds and kaioken are great since it's the complete opposite.

Eh, SSJ and Kaioken forms just do no damage you might as well not use them.

Docpan

I have a pc from mid 2012 rocking 1080p60 easily.

Why could ps4 not rock 60? Played it and the IQ is also worse. And its more expensive homie.

Bogeypop

YIVXiL6.jpg
Fuckin' finally. Took way way longer than it should have. I even stopped my Dragon Ball farming to get it. Out of one hole and into another, I'm coming for you, Omega Shenron!

SSJ forms allow unlimited ultimates or even specials. Also raises damage a little.
Kaioken allow unlimited teleports and evasive skills and also raises damage

Wtf? Their description is total shit. I thought it says it raises its power.

Now I have to respec my Saiyan or remake into a female Saiyan.

Ultimadrago

Finally got all the Shenron exclusive items/characters and finished the Bardock/Broly saga. Now I'll seriously train under other masters later.

Wtf? Their description is total shit. I thought it says it raises its power.

Now I have to respec my Saiyan or remake into a female Saiyan.

They also raise power, but by a terribly low amount, like 5-10%, so you wouldn't use them for that. Stuff from Gyniu and friends seem to increase damage a lot more, the poses and what not.

I'm having terrible luck with vegeta item farming and SSJ transformation, it's really annoying they don't have some sort of pseudo RNG system that builds up on drop chance as you repeat the same area over and over. I'm not even sure I'm doing it right for SSJ, I keep killing Krillin first, Goku yells, and then he doesn't SSJ.

Respect

Any strats against the damaging evasive skills that opponents spam? Not matter how well I play I lose so much health just from taking damage from that, getting quite frustrating.

What level are people taking on the Beerus Saga at? I'm about lv.44 right now and both him and Whis are handing me my ass. They're apparently over level 60 so I'm doing very little to them outside of spamming ultimates and Trunks always dies before I can get one of them down. Any tips? Am I too low a level, and if so, what's a good mission for grinding XP at this stage in the game?

Maligna

Banned
Man, trolling people with body change is great. Some big Saiyan dude beating me up till I'm near dead. Change! Ban, now he's a small Majin girl with low health. I win.

jpd1408

Banned
What level are people taking on the Beerus Saga at? I'm about lv.44 right now and both him and Whis are handing me my ass. They're apparently over level 60 so I'm doing very little to them outside of spamming ultimates and Trunks always dies before I can get one of them down. Any tips? Am I too low a level, and if so, what's a good mission for grinding XP at this stage in the game?

I beat it at level 55 or so with my Saiyan super Saiyan 2 and final flash spam...

Bogeypop

Any strats against the damaging evasive skills that opponents spam? Not matter how well I play I lose so much health just from taking damage from that, getting quite frustrating.

Immediately counter theirs with one of your own Evasive Skills. I find the "Rise to Action" skill invaluable in the harder fights for keeping my Stamina up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You can sort of predict the AI's use of it. The block strings in this game are really wide - take your time punching through combos and stuff and as long as you don't get to the launching part. You can do the teleport through it. Might take the damage, but you'll be right on them so you can continue your damage and keep them on the ropes.

I mentioned this yesterday/earlier today but Master Milk (i think is the name? lol) or w.e. insisted that with the correct Soul you will have infinite Ki since K.Os with said Soul puts you at max Ki and will never need a charging move.

I still think that specific soul will do nothing to help unless you are at level 80 and are just grinding out lower level PQs. Hence why i was confused as to why there were Saiyan builds going around encouraging Max Stamina (not just here on GAF) when i see no benefit in the long run. Max Ki = Longer duration in Forms = more attacks going off and breathing room incase you cant use any of the 3 available charge moves at the time.

what don't you think it'll help? did you try it and find it lacking or are you just speculating? it's odd to talk up having more ki to stay transformed longer but then dismiss infinite ki

Corgi

Banned
im sweating like a pig after beating that captain ginyu fight 20 guys.

krillin was at a millimeter of health left.

fuck this map

Muzicfreq

Banned
so going through the story again I noticed something interesting. That damn filter on the consoles doesn't always stay around during cutscenes. Just play the story when you fight raditz and you'll see.

Hmmm now I am wondering. Are those prerendered scenes?

Korezo

whats a good Ultimate Stike? I'm making my 2nd character a Saiyan all attack/strike but so far the ultimate strikes I have are so bad.

Seems like Kaioken x20 is the only one that gives unlimited evasive skil, but at the cost of not being able to get ki from normal attacks.

I'm gonna have to test a few things, but still have to respec ki out of my saiyan character.

SSJ forms allow unlimited ultimates or even specials. Also raises damage a little.
Kaioken allow unlimited teleports and evasive skills and also raises damage

Thank you, Grand Master Muzicfreq, for enlightening me.

Some of the abilities and skills could really use vastly more detailed descriptions.

I beat that mission at around Lv. 46, so it's certainly possible (and keep in mind I have a sub-optimal build). The key thing is focusing one of them down to as low as possible before Trunks is K.O.'d. If it's one-on-one with some healing items you should be able to weather whatever he throws at you.

If you don't have a decent way to deal consistent damage, then you'll need to figure one out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Seems like Kaioken x20 is the only one that gives unlimited evasive skil, but at the cost of not being able to get ki from normal attacks.

I'm gonna have to test a few things, but still have to respec ki out of my saiyan character.

eh? you still get ki...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For whoever wanted that list of master skills:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805627-dragon-ball-xenoverse/71324337
Krillin - Orin Combo, Destructo Disc, Spread Shot Retreat (Evasive), Scatter Kamehameha

Piccolo- Evil Explosion, Super Explosive Wave (Evasive Skill), Light Grenade, Special Beam Cannon

Vegeta- Galick Gun, Finish Breaker, Shine Shot, Final Flash

Ginyu- Fighting Pose F, Fighting Pose A, Milky Cannon, Body Change (1v1 only Ultimate)

Hercule- Rolling Hercule Punch, Dynamite Kick, Present for You, Savior Has Arrived

Frieza- Death Beam, Death Crasher, Emperor's Sign, Supernova

Cell - All Clear, Gravity Impact, Perfect Shot, Perfect Kamehameha

Android #18- Power Blitz, Endless Shoot, Deadly Dance, Dual Destructo-disc

Gohan & Videl (it's a duo)- Eagle Kick, Hawk Charge, Ki Blast Combination, Justice Combination

Gotenks- Galactic Donuts, DIE DIE Missile Barrage, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Super), Super
Ghost Kamikaze Attack (Ultimate)

Goku- Afterimage Stirke, Spirit Bomb, Kamehameha X10 and Super Kamehameha

Beerus- Headshot, Nothing (Tells you that you are not worthy of a 2nd move), God of Destruction's Anger, Sphere of Destruction

Corgi

Banned
thanks for whoever told me about how the starting ultimate move can lock on if you chain it after a normal combo.

Made so much progress due to that lol.

willbsn13

Really wanna pick this game up, just wondering how long the story is roughly? Also how deep is the character customization in terms of skills and moves? Also can you play co-op?

Top Bottom