• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Really wanna pick this game up, just wondering how long the story is roughly? Also how deep is the character customization in terms of skills and moves? Also can you play co-op?
Main quest is around 15 hours, collecting everything and doing all parallel quests is 100+ which includes collecting all moves and items. The customisation is okay when you create a character but in terms of clothing and attacks it is really good.

You can do the main quest with 8 different characters (the same number of races/genders).

Omni

ffs. I can't even do this SINGLE PLAYER because their servers are messed up.

It just keeps signing me out. There's no excuse for this.

ffs. I can't even do this SINGLE PLAYER because their servers are messed up.

It just keeps signing me out. There's no excuse for this.

It's done terribly, but you can easily fix it by launching the game offline(either steam offline, PS4 offline or just pulling the plug). You can then reconnect once you're in the toki toki town hub thing and play online without getting kicked everytime you come back, or if you don't care about online, you can just stay offline the entire time.

Alchemy

PQ 37 is legit fucking impossible. Super Buu is a god damn asshole and just walks into Super Kamehamehas and dies instantly. Gonna drive me bonkers.

Rizzi

I made a new character. She's better than my smelly old human.
B07FC8A1C93159D2066F31D5BCB902E5455DD727

How the heck should I spend my points for a female saiyan?

SparkTR

Which is more stable online-wise, PC or PS4?

Is there anything else that should determine what version I get?

They both seem pretty unstable online-wise at the moment. The PC version is 60FPS and doesn't have that darkening filter, so visually that's the one to get.

Teknoman

I have no idea how I activated Goku going Kaioken X3, but that difficulty spike right after surprised me. Beat the pants of me, Nappa, and Vegeta lol. Didnt get any Kaikoken drops...but did get Defensive wall or whatever. Looks like what Piccolo used to sorta defend Gohan. Sucks that you have to actually have a player on your favorites list in game in order to send items?

The PC version online city seems more stable after midnight (CST) heh. I logged into multi lobby and did some PQs online no problem.

D-Pad

I soooooo agree with this. Doing the PQ's you get from people where you have to solo them the first time, the one from Kid Trunks(I believe?) is a pain in the @ss. Beat KT and Goten fairly easily, Vegeta and Adult Trunks was a bit of a problem, but Adult Gohan and Goku, all I can say is **** them. Go through the gate and all I see is:
Goku super Kamehameha
then
Gohan super Kamehameha
then Goku fires again, then Gohan fires again :(

Late but this is the exact quest I was RAGING about. I cannot pass it.

Alchemy

Late but this is the exact quest I was RAGING about. I cannot pass it.

I basically just flew in a circle trying not to get hit by the first four Ultras, then would go in trying to kill Goku. Probably the hardest mission in the game for me.

Finally got Super Sayin after way to many tries. Really hate the randomness, game has mmo drop rates in the worst way. I'm fine with multiple tries to get something but dang.

Also got Crusher Volcano... ooooooooo man this attack is awesome. The camera angle, the damage. Love it.

Omni

I'm trying to get the dragon balls. I'm doing the Ginyu quest thing, but only Tien is appearing. Do I just keep retrying?

Melpontro

Really wanna pick this game up, just wondering how long the story is roughly? Also how deep is the character customization in terms of skills and moves? Also can you play co-op?

According to Steam it took me 17 hours to beat the campaign. I still have a lot of side content to do too, so I'd say I got my 75 dollars worth.

Alchemy

Anyone know of a guide for unlocking all the characters and their variants? Missing some random stuff like the first Adult Gohan and the final Future Trunks but can't find any info on where to unlock them.

patchday

Finally got Super Sayin after way to many tries. Really hate the randomness, game has mmo drop rates in the worst way. I'm fine with multiple tries to get something but dang.

Also got Crusher Volcano... ooooooooo man this attack is awesome. The camera angle, the damage. Love it.

why not just buy from the store? just 50k. drop in the pond for my main (well all my chars but esp on my L57 or whatever he is. Earns that in no time)

martino

PQ 37 is legit fucking impossible. Super Buu is a god damn asshole and just walks into Super Kamehamehas and dies instantly. Gonna drive me bonkers.

Yeah this game has problem...Mission with paper dumb allies are horrible because finishing them is pure luck in ia choice more than skill.

For the master/mentor missions, what's the key to unlocking them? Are they level-locked, or do you need to increase your friendship with them? (And I guess, how do you increase Friendship? Taking them on PQs?)

I'm going to be pretty pissed if they don't release SSJ4 Vegeta as DLC down the line... really sucks when you don't have the money to preorder game so you miss out on content. :\

AGITΩ

For the master/mentor missions, what's the key to unlocking them? Are they level-locked, or do you need to increase your friendship with them? (And I guess, how do you increase Friendship? Taking them on PQs?)

From what I've seen today in Maxing out with Cell, its pretty much spamming the attacks that they give you in battles, but it only counts if it actually does damage. Following that Formula, I maxed out Cell, and am getting close to Vegeta and Gohan's final missions now. I noticed that even if they aren't selected as your master, as long as you keep using the techniques they give you, their bars will still grow.

i'm stuck on the first fight with beerus and whis. is there anything I can do about them not taking hitstun, or do i just have to turtle and use ki blasts? it seems like sometimes they take hitstun, but there's no indication for why.

Spinluck

Call me crazy. But are melee builds garbage in this game? It makes battles harder, that's for sure.

With my Female Sayian all I had to do was sit back, go SSJ2 and unleash the beast.

I'm trying out a Male Earthling Melee build and battles are taking longer and the CPU is just using evasive techs up the ass. Was expecting this to be funner with KKX20 but it's like I'm fighting with my hands tied behind my back. Which is a shame because a lot of the melee based skills are kinda cool. It's worth noting that I might still be adapting to the switch in style. Though I currently sit at lvl 27.

Durden77

So how do I tell which PQ can give me Dragon Balls? Will it be listed in the basic rewards?

Also why do they call them basic rewards when half of the time you never get them.

Call me crazy. But are melee builds garbage in this game? It makes battles harder, that's for sure.

With my Female Sayian all I had to do was sit back, go SSJ2 and unleash the beast.

I'm trying out a Male Earthling Melee build and battles are taking longer and the CPU is just using evasive techs up the ass. Was expecting this to be funner with KKX20 but it's like I'm fighting with my hands tied behind my back. Which is a shame because a lot of the melee based skills are kinda cool. It's worth noting that I might still be adapting to the switch in style. Though I currently sit at lvl 27.

Yeah they are. I'm actually making a Melee build Freiza race just because I want one but I've yet to lose to the melee builds online. Just one super and their health goes from full to dead or close to death. They can't ever catch me if I just fly away plus I'm an earthling so I never have to stop to build Ki so I can just troll them with supers after every 15 seconds or so...Kinda cheap but meh..

Nordicus

Seems like Kaioken x20 is the only one that gives unlimited evasive skil, but at the cost of not being able to get ki from normal attacks.
That has happened with one of Ginyu's poses for me too
thanks for whoever told me about how the starting ultimate move can lock on if you chain it after a normal combo.
Oh, it was that helpful?

You're welcome :D
The animations on some of these ultimates and supers are so amazingly flashy
Splendid! I would totally hug you... if that was something I did.
Papa Cell loves ya

If you think that's bad you'll hate that one PQ where at the end Gohan goes mystic and Cell comes out. Gohan starts spamming Kamehameha's and will just one shot Cell.

Ranged based builds definitely seem better for PvE since enemy A.I. rarely seems to block or evade except when their up close on you.

Could be a different story in PvP, but I'm too chickenshit to try that. :>

My first PvP fight, this guy was kicking my ass, then decided to switch bodies with me for some reason, which resulted in me kicking HIS ass. Oh well, free win for me.

Top Bottom