• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Oh cool so thats a good time to do summons? From previous ones people have gotten great units. I want to spend 100 stones and hopefully get something good.

Yes it is, during dokkenfest all the cards that you might not normally get ala Broly is possible to be gained. Plus it has a lot of the good stuff that's been in previous summons as well.

Aurizen

Yes it is, during dokkenfest all the cards that you might not normally get ala Broly is possible to be gained. Plus it has a lot of the good stuff that's been in previous summons as well.

So that means I could possibly get Vegeto or Mystic Gohan too?

chrono01

Thanks and sorry to hear about the pulls not working out for you. Keep trying! :)
I would, but I only have 60 DS remaining and I need to save some for the upcoming Tournament, as well as start saving for Gogeta. I want to do at least 4-5 multi-pulls when he's released, so I need to start budgeting now.

I'm debating saving my guaranteed SSR Tickets from the Tournament until they expand the SSR pool (in several months). I know it'll be a while, but I have the majority of the MUST-HAVE units right now, outside of SSJ3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Kaioken Goku (I have the PHY version), Turles, and a few others. I'm happy with my current team (SSG Goku, Majin Vegeta, PHY Kaioken Goku, AGL Golden Freeza, STR Beerus, TEQ Whis). I want to save my tickets and hopefully get Gotenks or TEQ SSGSS Goku out of them (if I don't get them by pulling in the Gogeta banner). PHY Vegeta (nuke) would be nice too. Anyway, I'm patient. I can wait!

...Maybe.

I don't know who to put as my leader now, though. Do I stick with SSG Goku (currently raising his SA), go with TEQ Cell (even though I don't have TEQ SSGSS Goku) or AGL Golden Freeza (despite there being no AGL true-nuke yet in the game)? I'll probably stick with SSG Goku.

Skii

omg I just saw that card... time to get on the JP train for sure.

I finally grinded the gems to get him! He's on my team now :D

[
a190c9418a8f61f0a18a3adddecd1ff1.png

Also, if you are going to get on the japan train, I have a reroll that has Gogeta and some other good stuff if you're interested. Just pm me :)

yogloo

This maintenance supposedly is for gotenks event. I can't even imagine doing wt, new gotenks event and rof all at the same time. I'm not even done with rof medals.

Eh, I spent nearly 150 stones trying to complete the TEQ nuke duo. I ended up getting Frieza, so I have to consider if it's worth trying for Gotenks for the AGL nuke duo instead. I have probably 100 more stones to collect from the quests as a F2P, but I was hoping to start saving for Gogeta.

chrono01

Eh, I spent nearly 150 stones trying to complete the TEQ nuke duo. I ended up getting Frieza, so I have to consider if it's worth trying for Gotenks for the AGL nuke duo instead. I have probably 100 more stones to collect from the quests as a F2P, but I was hoping to start saving for Gogeta.
Same exact situation for me, only I spent 250 Dragon Stones instead of 150. :(

yogloo

I farmed 130 fruit of might during the first run. It's insanely overpowered yet I almost never used it. I used less than 10 in the entirety of the cell event.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I farmed 130 fruit of might during the first run. It's insanely overpowered yet I almost never used it. I used less than 10 in the entirety of the cell event.
Yeah I've used heaps ever since they came out. Was down to 18 when the event restarted so I'm back on the farming bandwagon.

denebj

Neo Member
I finished two dokkan the 2 freeza, 2nd form and 3rd form, and going back to the TOM, going for 300 this time.
I only used them for broly in the WT :)

I am glad they did not have the WT with ROF ... That was perfect for me !!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I finally grinded the gems to get him! He's on my team now :D

[
a190c9418a8f61f0a18a3adddecd1ff1.png

Also, if you are going to get on the japan train, I have a reroll that has Gogeta and some other good stuff if you're interested. Just pm me :)
Awesome team! PMed ya~

Maddness

Poor Gohan, even Kagari couldn't keep you as an avatar for too long. :p

Edit: Speaking of Gohan, I just got Ultimate Gohan recently. I finally have a good bit of URs in my team. Some I need to finish Dokkan awakening.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
6% isn't a great number. Even the supposed 12% japan has isn't good. Why isn't it any good? Cause I want SSRs with every single pull. And I'm sure most do.

Skii

6% isn't a great number. Even the supposed 12% japan has isn't good. Why isn't it any good? Cause I want SSRs with every single pull. And I'm sure most do.

I don't think it is 12%. Basically means guaranteed SSR per multi lol (I know that's not how probability works). It's probably 6%.

Either way, Dokkan does have a very high SSR rate compared to other gacha games. But the dokkan gachas also don't restrict SSR pulls to the banner cards making it a lot harder to pull what you want from a banner.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There was a comparison with the person that does the rates with the global gachas which had it at 12%. Though he used the Gogeta pull as a comparison, which I suspect had a massive rate up for being the 1 year anniversary pull

Savitar

So it seems to reddit we won't get the WT this month but considering only a few days left no biggie. We'll have the summon fusion event next week and the Kid Buu dokkan event soon after, not too bad overall. Guess the WT will be after that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Poor Gohan, even Kagari couldn't keep you as an avatar for too long. :p

Edit: Speaking of Gohan, I just got Ultimate Gohan recently. I finally have a good bit of URs in my team. Some I need to finish Dokkan awakening.
He'll be back, don't worry.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Because this is a F2P game and Bamco want people spending money on Stones, and they'll use shitty SSR drop percentages to achieve that.

Sec0nd

Ultimately everyone wants to get SSRs with each pull do they. And even though it sucks spending all that time (or for some people, ridiculous amounts of money) and not get an SSR they should remain rare. I mean, I was super happy when I pulled my first SSR on a single pull, or when I pulled my Broly. But on the previous banner I noticed all the posts saying they got TEQ Cell I decided to do some pulls and got him after my second or third single pull. It honestly didn't excite me because according to all the internet buzz everyone and their grandmother pulled TEQ Cell.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But SSR should still remain rare.

chrono01

I kind of wish more gatcha games would adopt Granblue Fantasy's "Surprise Ticket" method. Basically, you spend a portion of money (3000 yen) to get enough for ten pulls. These pulls can be used during standard rates, or saved for a Legend Fest (it usually happens at the end of the month) where SSR rates are doubled from 3% to 6%. You're probably saying to yourself: "Who cares, that's practically the same as all other gatcha games!". What really makes this deal appealing, is that along with the Surprise Ticket you also get a voucher that you can redeem for ANY current SSR character in the game (outside of Legend Fest-only characters, unless the Surprise Ticket is offered during Legend Festival which happens very rarely if at all). So if you're trying to put together a very specific team, but the RNG Gods aren't being kind giving you that missing piece, you can guarantee yourself success in using that voucher. It makes the 3000 yen spent a definite value, since you know you're going to get something out of it.

The issue I have with Dokkan Battle isn't so much the rates (they're typically the same as almost all gatcha games), it's that you tend to want/need very specific units to complete your team, either through links, passive skills, or leader abilities. If you pull one, say one of the nuke leaders, you'll need the nuke characters themselves to actually get the most out of them. That means essentially hoping RNG strikes you twice, and if you want to further bolster your team with outer useful members, it can get even more difficult. I don't expect the game to hand out SSR like candy, they're supposed to be difficult to obtain. I just kind of wish that there was some sort of a lottery system, where if you summon beyond a certain point you can get to choose an SSR (Dokkan Festival characters excluded) for the one that would best complete your team. Maybe something like one Dragon Ball per multi-summon. After you get all seven, you summon Shenron and can use your wish on an SSR character. Even if you can't choose the specific one, if they gave you a guaranteed SSR ticket instead, that would be better than nothing. It's not as though characters aren't constantly outdated in this game (outside of a select few). Namco Bandai making it slightly easier to get what you want wouldn't really break the balance. and the "whales" would still spend large amounts of their paychecks constantly going after whatever is currently new and hyped up.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I kind of wish more gatcha games would adopt Granblue Fantasy's "Surprise Ticket" method. Basically, you spend a portion of money (3000 yen) to get enough for ten pulls. These pulls can be used during standard rates, or saved for a Legend Fest (it usually happens at the end of the month) where SSR rates are doubled from 3% to 6%. You're probably saying to yourself: "Who cares, that's practically the same as all other gatcha games!". What really makes this deal appealing, is that along with the Surprise Ticket you also get a voucher that you can redeem for ANY current SSR character in the game (outside of Legend Fest-only characters, unless the Surprise Ticket is offered during Legend Festival which happens very rarely if at all). So if you're trying to put together a very specific team, but the RNG Gods aren't being kind giving you that missing piece, you can guarantee yourself success in using that voucher. It makes the 3000 yen spent a definite value, since you know you're going to get something out of it.

The issue I have with Dokkan Battle isn't so much the rates (they're typically the same as almost all gatcha games), it's that you tend to want/need very specific units to complete your team, either through links, passive skills, or leader abilities. If you pull one, say one of the nuke leaders, you'll need the nuke characters themselves to actually get the most out of them. That means essentially hoping RNG strikes you twice, and if you want to further bolster your team with outer useful members, it can get even more difficult. I don't expect the game to hand out SSR like candy, they're supposed to be difficult to obtain. I just kind of wish that there was some sort of a lottery system, where if you summon beyond a certain point you can get to choose an SSR (Dokkan Festival characters excluded) for the one that would best complete your team. Maybe something like one Dragon Ball per multi-summon. After you get all seven, you summon Shenron and can use your wish on an SSR character. Even if you can't choose the specific one, if they gave you a guaranteed SSR ticket instead, that would be better than nothing. It's not as though characters aren't constantly outdated in this game (outside of a select few). Namco Bandai making it slightly easier to get what you want wouldn't really break the balance. and the "whales" would still spend large amounts of their paychecks constantly going after whatever is currently new and hyped up.
You're praising Granblue too much. What you should be comparing it to is the system where Granblue gives you the SSR you want after spending $800. Cygames is operating in a gray area of bundling and digital gambling laws, best not to touch it.

chrono01

You're praising Granblue too much. What you should be comparing it to is the system where Granblue gives you the SSR you want after spending $800. Cygames is operating in a gray area of bundling and digital gambling laws, best not to touch it.
I'm not saying Granblue Fantasy is perfect, but I would like to see more gatcha games adapt to the "purchase in-game currency + get a ticket to a character you'd like" philosophy more. While I know that certain units, such as the limited event ones, will still require many...many dollars to be spent to obtain them (unless you get crazy lucky), I still respect the idea behind the Surprise Tickets in GBF. They're not always available of course, only appearing for special events, but it does excite me knowing that (with it) I can get the character I'm after.

But yes, the standard gatcha in Granblue Fantasy is just as bad as all of the other gatcha games.

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to turn this thread into a GBF vs all other gatcha debate. I know there's an OT for that kind of thing, so I apologize. I still love (and play) Dokkan Battle, Treasure Cruise, Brave Souls, and a bunch of other gatcha games (more than I should, really...there goes my free time!), I was just expressing my want for a type of "guaranteed" pull in this style of game, when purchasing a large amount of in-game currency. I view it as purchasing a DLC character for a title I play, with the added benefit of receiving more via the in-game currency you just obtained to try for something beyond what I'm initially after. It might be asking for too much, though. I know why they have the current system as it is, and I can't really fault them for it.

Shouta

GBF is super fucking shit in regards to its Gatcha. Hortensia Saga is a better choice if you want to talk about how to do Gatchas. That game does a lot of cool things in regards to that.

chrono01

GBF is super fucking shit in regards to its Gatcha. Hortensia Saga is a better choice if you want to talk about how to do Gatchas. That game does a lot of cool things in regards to that.
I have to ask, why do so many people have issue with GBF's gatcha? Granted I just started so I'm not fully knowledgeable yet, so forgive me for my ignorance. From the look of things, it's pretty standard to other gatcha games (3& and 6% for SSR during rate-up events), and the game seems to give out in-game currency pretty consistently. Outside of that one guy spending a small fortune for Anchira (and failing to get her, IIRC?), I can't see anything terribly wrong with the way things are. But again, I'm new, so maybe it'll become evident later on.

If anyone wants to discuss it more, feel free to make a post over in the gatcha thread and I'll continue it there. I don't really want to clutter this thread with talks of another gatcha game, as I already feel bad enough for side-tracking everything. :(

So back to DBZ talk!

Kyou

I think one of the thing that gets me about the game is that when you reach a certain point 90% of the characters you can get from a gatcha are completely and totally useless.

If you don't really care about dokkanfest bosses that much that number rises significantly

SnakeEyes

Banned
There's no point arguing, we have to work within the system we're given... unless the DBZ IP is sold to another gatcha game developer.

The most fun thing about the game is pulling imo. It just sucks when you pull and keep getting crap for a long time with no respite.

Like when I pulled Kid Buu with my SSR ticket, it wasn't SSJ3 Goku but I now have a fun Majin Team that can wall with regen and hp. I recently pulled PHY Goku that can nuke with SSGSS PHY Vegeta, so now I'm really hopeing to get him from the pull with SSGSS Goku and Cell already part of my team. But I would like to AGL Frieza too just to have his special ability to reduce damage.

Thats the fun thing about banners and pulling, you get units you never expected or wanted but can try it out now that you have them. Sometimes you get extremely lucky or you have to make the most of it when you get someone you didn't want but can fit with other cards you've pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom