• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think one of the thing that gets me about the game is that when you reach a certain point 90% of the characters you can get from a gatcha are completely and totally useless.

If you don't really care about dokkanfest bosses that much that number rises significantly

Ya - I think that's why they're trying to remedy it with Dokkans for older characters.

My first account had no URs until I hit rank 130. And I only ever got two. I grinded every strike character to have max super attack. My current account started with Broly and now I never get more than one of a strike character (mecha frieza being the only exception so far and soon fat Gotenks for nuking). When I can set up a team that allows one character to Super Attack as soon as he's out and proceed to destroy every enemy in nearly all story missions in one swoop, there's no real point in the other characters outside of beating Dokkan bosses.

Hopefully they get smart, add Dokkans to older characters and release content like that Japanese event where the stages have restrictions (i.e. only all STR, only villains, cost restrictions, etc.)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That only villains/heros event should be coming either after Buu or after SSJ3 Goku, I forget which. It would be nice if they gave dokkans to old SRs, particularly the ones you can get during the tutorial. Also it's been a while since they gave the dokkan to strike Vegeta, wonder when they'll get to the other announced characters for thise. Speaking of those had restrictions too, team cost could not exceed 100 including friend character. The problem, though, is that all you need to do is set characters up for nuking and the whole thing becomes pointless. The nuking characters are real dumb in most cases, it makes sense they haven't added leaders for STR and INT.

Savitar

There are five characters who do get additional dokkans later with a link called rebirth:
AGI Supreme Warrior Awakened Super Saiyan Goku

TEQ Pride Regained Super Saiyan Vegeta

PHY Namekian Rage Piccolo

INT Super Saiyan from the Future Super Saiyan Trunks (Teen)

INT Successor of the Strongest Super Saiyan Gohan (Teen)

Piccolo is notable for actually getting useful.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wow the JP version is awesome.

Cer3n_AWQAE9dIW.jpg

My phone is ready :0

Shouta

I have to ask, why do so many people have issue with GBF's gatcha? Granted I just started so I'm not fully knowledgeable yet, so forgive me for my ignorance. From the look of things, it's pretty standard to other gatcha games (3& and 6% for SSR during rate-up events), and the game seems to give out in-game currency pretty consistently. Outside of that one guy spending a small fortune for Anchira (and failing to get her, IIRC?), I can't see anything terribly wrong with the way things are. But again, I'm new, so maybe it'll become evident later on.

If anyone wants to discuss it more, feel free to make a post over in the gatcha thread and I'll continue it there. I don't really want to clutter this thread with talks of another gatcha game, as I already feel bad enough for side-tracking everything. :(

So back to DBZ talk!

Because they did a ton of shitty things with the gatcha to get money from folks. You can read about it more on other sites but they've been pretty misleading about their rates. The Ancilla thing in particular was advertised as rate ups for all those 3 units but it ended up the two other units had the lion's share of the rate-up while the desired unit barely had rates above the usual numbers. Their SSR thing is OK-ish but it's only a small step in the right direction considering their shenanigans.

Hortensia Saga, by comparison, has pretty solid rates during their events and does a lot of big discounts on the actual gatcha for users including a special multi-pull special event where you got a guaranteed SSR and an SSR you picked. I got a little lucky since they gave a bunch of gems at the time but it pretty much allowed me to get a bunch of units to play the game and enjoy the story, lol.

I got 50 stones on the other account and managed SSJ2 AGL Vegeta and INT Whis SSRs.

I'm pretty jealous of my other account for having at least 7 SSRs at only rank 18 lol. Thats mostly because I've been using the free stones they have been giving us and still have like another 400 to burn though.

I love my current account though and have some great units so I can't exactly give it up. Its just too hard to play both though. Maybe when my I pad comes in and I can play it on there.

Shanlei91

I noticed my previous account that I have tied to an emulator had enough stones to do a multi. So I pull, which is overly dramatic due to the slowness of BlueStacks. Rainbow text, SSJ2 - and out comes a STR SSGSS Vegeta.

I rolled that account just to get that character and I quit it after I pulled 5 dupes of him. That makes 6. Cursed account.

Savitar

Ultimate Gohan Dokkan fest coming. Majin Vegeta dokkan must be part of Heros vs. Heels then. Hopefully both of the old Ultimate Gohans get the dokkan, not just the new one they will likely be releasing.

Ultimate Gohan is already pretty awesome and one of the best you can get, if he gets a dokkan, damn.

Wow the drop rates in the JP version are no joke.

Such is why you now know why so many find the JP so alluring.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ultimate Gohan Dokkan fest coming. Majin Vegeta dokkan must be part of Heros vs. Heels then. Hopefully both of the old Ultimate Gohans get the dokkan, not just the new one they will likely be releasing.
Well shit, I thought it was an event where we could farm Elder Kais!

KevinSorboHerculesDISSAPOINTED.gif

Ryu1999

Wow the drop rates in the JP version are no joke.

I know its anecdotal, but the JP rates seem to have decreased exponentially since the 1-year anniversary. I used to pull (seemingly) 1 SSR per multi, but now I haven't pulled a single SSR in 5 multis

Shanlei91

Saw on Reddit that the best way to nuke a boss with an advantage over your nuker's color is to have dokkaned 2nd form Frieza on the team because his passive removes guards. And like that, I find myself grinding the event again to Dokkan my guy.

Kyou

Saw on Reddit that the best way to nuke a boss with an advantage over your nuker's color is to have dokkaned 2nd form Frieza on the team because his passive removes guards. And like that, I find myself grinding the event again to Dokkan my guy.

Oh hey I have him, and almost all the medals to awaken him. *rubs hands together*

Savitar

That's the form like his father has isn't it. Already got it dokkaned and got another normal version ready to be dokkaned that I decided to wait off on because I managed to get four more of him since last time, so might wait a bit and see if can bump up the SA a bit more and then smoosh them together to get a higher SA.

Savitar

I love Korin's being open up all the time and being able to collect stuff from both levels, makes leveling so much faster and a breeze for the most part. It's quite nice.

Japan SSR Tier List got updated so if you want to see where your characters stand in the future take a look.

Pure Chaos The stages and a picture of the characters effective against Buu, thankfully some are ones many of us have like SSJ 3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Majin Vegeta or the Great Saiyaman 1 & 2 even.

Sec0nd

What a crap weekend to have this WT in... Luckily not in it this time to get a GSSR ticket. Just two silver tickets for SSR pull is just fine this time!

Savitar

Going to try and take advantage of the time I got and play as much as possible. With the higher difficulty for some that might eliminate some players. Plus who was expecting the WT today, no one.

Playing while watching/listening to the Gaming Historian on youtube.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't get the damage, I got hit with STR SSG Vegeta for like 12k in prelim, but like 6k from SS3 in finals, same target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom