• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu1999

Who's ready for the JPN WT? This guy!

pXWNrSy.jpg

chrono01

I went eff it and got one Elder Kai since my Broly SA was 9/10. Now I gotta save for gohan which I have not been doing due to Vegeta dropping one medal per fooking stamina bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Really? That's pretty unlucky. I got all seven of my medals this morning out of 8 runs. He even dropped two once, which surprised me.

I hope your luck improves soon, that must be frustrating (considering it costs 22 stamina per run >_<).

I bought two of the Elder Kai too before INT Gohan, just because my Gogeta was at 8/10 and I wanted to finish him off. I'm grinding gems again now, I hope to have enough for him as well as Krillin. Ideally, I'd like all of the limited time characters, but I'm not sure I'll make that in time. I have to remember the tournament is coming at the end of the month too, so my stamina over those days will be spent there.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Also bought Elder Kais before Gohan; between that and the one from Hero Extermination my Gogeta hit max SA. Now my friend requests fill up within an hour.

Really? That's pretty unlucky. I got all seven of my medals this morning out of 8 runs. He even dropped two once, which surprised me.

I hope your luck improves soon, that must be frustrating (considering it costs 22 stamina per run >_<).

I bought two of the Elder Kai too before INT Gohan, just because my Gogeta was at 8/10 and I wanted to finish him off. I'm grinding gems again now, I hope to have enough for him as well as Krillin. Ideally, I'd like all of the limited time characters, but I'm not sure I'll make that in time. I have to remember the tournament is coming at the end of the month too, so my stamina over those days will be spent there.

lol thanks, I finally got him around noon today. This time it was like two in a row then nothing then like my final one. Honestly 5 in a row with no drops was infuriating. Now that he's over and done with I have Buu to work on(who is a lot harder) but at least the drops seem better.

chrono01

lol thanks, I finally got him around noon today. This time it was like two in a row then nothing then like my final one. Honestly 5 in a row with no drops was infuriating. Now that he's over and done with I have Buu to work on(who is a lot harder) but at least the drops seem better.
Nice work! d(^_^)v

Meh right now, but gets an amazing rebirth in the future.
Oooo okay. I hope it's like Buu, those medals were hella easy to get. Spraking of which, Alare those guaranteed drops? Because I got all 7 one after another, whereas Vegeta took like 18+ tries to get 7.

You are indeed correct. The 10yr anniversary would have been from the specific date in 1996, and as such the 30yr anniversary would have been from the specific date in 2016.
Ah, okay good. Thanks I thought I was celebrating anniversaries a year early lol.

chrono01

Oooo okay. I hope it's like Buu, those medals were hella easy to get. Spraking of which, Alare those guaranteed drops? Because I got all 7 one after another, whereas Vegeta took like 18+ tries to get 7.
I'm pretty sure they're a "chance to drop", same as Majin Vegeta. It sounds like you might have just gotten lucky.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ah, okay good. Thanks I thought I was celebrating anniversaries a year early lol.
Just looked a little more, and the 30th anniversary would have started from the first air date of the original Dragon Ball anime series in Japan, which is Feb 26th 1986. So Feb 2016 to Feb 2017 are the 30th anniversary.

Savitar

Because I'm a consumer whore I decided to go for that damn INT Gohan where the special is going on.

Got the TEQ Dokkanable Vegeta that came out some time ago, good thing had his medals ready, not that I think I'll ever use him.

Got the TEQ SS2 angel Goku that came out only lately and he's a pretty damn good one to have.

Oh and got the INT Gohan. YES! I got all the Ultimate Gohans dokkaned and now levelled up ready for war!

It's a pity you can't use them all on a team but they will do nicely for their respective battles here and there when needed.

Now to get the 99 more crystals I need to get that damn Gohan. Granted that feels a tad redundant now but purple team shall welcome him aboard.

Maxim726X

Guys, I want that Freeza bad.

I've already spent money, and don't want to spend more. Please talk me out of pulling more on the Dokkan banner...

PS- I did pull 2 INT Gohans, though. That's pretty awesome.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Guys, I want that Freeza bad.

I've already spent money, and don't want to spend more. Please talk me out of pulling more on the Dokkan banner...

PS- I did pull 2 INT Gohans, though. That's pretty awesome.

The cards right now aren't as good compared to what's coming down the line.

You might pull Buu and he's terrible.

Maxim726X

The cards right now aren't as good compared to what's coming down the line.

You might pull Buu and he's terrible.

I did pull PHY Buu earlier... Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be using him much.

Okay, I'll hold off. I guess I should start hoarding stones for future events.

... Maybe buy another 91 pack for the future? Unless there will be more sales down the line, which I'm sure there will be. I'm assuming they've been massively successful.

StMeph

FP Frieza is a strong card that doesn't have a home. There aren't any great leaders for him to really synergize with in the future meta, and those cards coming later are so overpowered that they eclipse anything we have access to now. Even Gogeta is completely dominated.

That said, PHY Buu actually works okay in a PHY Broly team since the HP threshold is much easier to maintain and +50% is a big boost.

Maxim726X

FP Frieza is a strong card that doesn't have a home. There aren't any great leaders for him to really synergize with in the future meta, and those cards coming later are so overpowered that they eclipse anything we have access to now. Even Gogeta is completely dominated.

That said, PHY Buu actually works okay in a PHY Broly team since the HP threshold is much easier to maintain and +50% is a big boost.

I have PHY SSB Vegeta... I figured that Freeza would match up well with him as a potential nuke card?

EDIT: And who completely eclipses Gogeta? How is that even possible...

StMeph

I have PHY SSB Vegeta... I figured that Freeza would match up well with him as a potential nuke card?

EDIT: And who completely eclipses Gogeta? How is that even possible...

As a nuker FP Frieza isn't bad (probably the best right now), but he's going to be overshadowed even in that role by Broly and SSB Goku.

Gogeta will be eclipsed by all of the mono-type leaders. Some types are better than others, but all of them are better than Gogeta.

Is the SSGSS Agl Goku rebirth in JP? How long till he comes here? I pulled him and I wanna know if I should begin training him now or focus on other AGL cards

It was the last Dokkan Festival, and no one knows when it will arrive in Global, but probably 5+ months away.

Any estimates on how long until we get another Uber card like Gogeta?

This game just hasn't been feeling all that interesting after getting Dokkan Gogeta :/

Right now, my goal is to get Baba Gohan, but I don't feel any real motivation to do it

idonteven

There's the World Tournament which is a grindfest leaderboard

You face off against ai controlled versions of other people's teams.

ok i can deal with that :) i really need something competitive with games like this

to bad im gonna suck against them because im sure people spend thousands on stones

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah you definitely need to use stones to keep up with the WT, but the thing is if your rank is high enough (200 and above) you'll have a lot of stamina resulting in a lot less stones to use overall. Since the WT rewards about 30 stones you can break even or can even go plus on stones and still rake in all the rewards.

Can you change your Google play store like you can in the app store or will I have to get an APK of the JP version?
ok i can deal with that :) i really need something competitive with games like this

to bad im gonna suck against them because im sure people spend thousands on stones
Don't worry. First you get matched against people witin the same range as your team cost. Secondly there's rewards for winning x amount of times not only rewards for finishing at a certain rank. There's also point rewards(the higher team cost battle the more points I think. Although not sure how big of a difference it is)
Winning is honestly pretty easy. The qualifiers are super annoying without a TUR Broly though.

Meneses

Oh ffs.

Edit: and Broly too? lol

Bamco are ruthless, if that Banner comes up while the DS sale is going on, they'll make bank again.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bought discounted stones and did a multi - got STR SSB Vegeta. Ehhh hope he gets a dokkan event.

Then pulled a single and got the Int SS kid Trunks who does dokkan into Gotenks at some point. So there's that.

Saving until Vegito now unless there's a guaranteed pull.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Eh, still better off with a Majin Vegeta/Xeno Trunks hybrid team for tournament.

Turles lead, Majin Vegeta, Xeno Trunks, INT SSJ Gotenks, TUR TEQ SSJ2 Goku, Gogeta.

Ki for days, don't even have to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom