• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

Just realised... Did HKitty quit the game?
Didnt post here since SV banner.
Havent dokkan my XenoTrunks or Turles.

So my team is the usual
Gogeta+friend Broly
STR Broly
AGI Goku(+2ki)
TEQ SSJ2 Goku(+2ki)
TEQ SSJ GTrunks(+2ki)
AGI SV(block)

MisterMac

To everyone feeling the stone chasing urge all I can say is pick your battles. It's simply not feasible to get a dope ass banner card on every banner, or even any banner, even if you spend $100+ on each one. But saving stones isn't such a horrible thing. I cashed out during the Super Vegito banner. 3+1 multi my only SSR was SV. Did my 3 GSSR and STR Android 17 as my only non dupe. Was at no stones. Feels bad man. That was all my story stones and while I was happy to have SV and thankful because it's more than some other people got I still wanted to be rolling in SSRs.

Fast forward today, skipped every banner since SV except the most recent 30 stone discount banner and spent maybe 25-30 stones total on YOLO singles between the Godtenks, Gogeta, and current rising dragon banner. But I have 167 stones savedPlus the 30 stones for XMAS, plus the WT stones, plus all the new story stones. That's 167 stones plus the 30 I spent on singles earned without story mode between SV and today.

Almost every banner will come back, set small priority goals for cards you want and save. If you get antsy do a yolo single here or there to get the poison out or make sure you get a GSSR summon every WT to get a little taste of that summoning sweetness. This game is a slot machine and the house always wins.

Kitoro

As someone who's running a mono AGL Super Vegito team, what are the next units to look forward to until the two next game changers?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yep. After that you can hold out for Goku Black Rose. He is coming at end of February/Early March-ish.

I'm done (heavy) pulling until this. SV seems to still be the best all around character in the game, so I'm going to try not to pull just for the sake of pulling.

I'm done (heavy) pulling until this. SV seems to still be the best all around character in the game, so I'm going to try not to pull just for the sake of pulling.

Yeah SV still outdoes a lot of newly release god cards. It's hard to beat his stat boost, counter and tank abilities all in one neat package. To be honest the whole reason I'm holding out for Rose is because he's just going to bolster AGL teams even further. I don't know how well his slots will fit with SV but between them it would make for great hero/villain AGL lead choices.

denebj

Neo Member
I got really lucky with those turltes !! The drop was not so great - around 1/8, but it took me only 12 to go from SA1 to SA 10 ! That's was a good 50% lol

o boy o boy 7 DS, i can do a single pull! I hope it's MV!!!!!!!!!

NOPE FUCKING ZANGYA!

Edit: For SRs, is there a point in upping their SA if they don't have a DAing? Should I just sell their dupes to baba?

Turles banner has been a trap for me. But I can't complain with SV on my team.

Tournament will finally start in about 8 hours so cheers to that. Good luck to everyone.

BTW are we gonna have to wait for the 1st of April for those joke Yamcha cards? I kinda want them now lol.

o boy o boy 7 DS, i can do a single pull! I hope it's MV!!!!!!!!!

NOPE FUCKING ZANGYA!

Edit: For SRs, is there a point in upping their SA if they don't have a DAing? Should I just sell their dupes to baba?

There are some useful SRs, so for those it's always ok to up their SA. I'm thinking Vegeta's bro (can't remember his name) INT card that gives KI +2. Also other useful low-cost cards for Super Strike events. It's always nice to deal more damage with supers.

LR Frieza incoming on Japan.

Trunks (psuedo SSB) is getting a dokkanfest as well.

I'm excited for him but RIP Vegeta. PHY now is the only type without an LR. RIP PHY, shafted hard again.

I hope the LR turns into final form Frieza, having a 1st form LR is like WTF. Its Frieza's final form thats the Legend not the 1st form. Just like Goku going SSJ.

The Androids and Piccolo don't have transformations.

Durden77

I'm excited for him but RIP Vegeta. PHY now is the only type without an LR. RIP PHY, shafted hard again.

I hope the LR turns into final form Frieza, having a 1st form LR is like WTF. Its Frieza's final form thats the Legend not the 1st form. Just like Goku going SSJ.

The Androids and Piccolo don't have transformations.

Ehhh depends on which way you look at it. Through the eyes of the Dragon Ball fan base, yeah probably. Through the eyes of the Dragon Ball universe itself though, his 1st form is actually most likely the "legend". Only a small group ever saw Frieza's final form. His 1st form is what he terrorized and made a name for himself throughout the galaxies with.

Plus it also eliminates the "should it be final form Frieza or Golden Frieza" shit. So honestly I'd be fine with his LR just being 1st form.

There are some useful SRs, so for those it's always ok to up their SA. I'm thinking Vegeta's bro (can't remember his name) INT card that gives KI +2. Also other useful low-cost cards for Super Strike events. It's always nice to deal more damage with supers.
I guess. But most of the time with DS events SV or Gogeta are doing the most damage. I guess when I need to clear space/need baba points I'll decide to do it

Aiii

So not worth it
Heh, because my buffed mono AGL team has 110k health, over 50k unbuffed, my health bar refreshes every time because I never go under 50k.

Sec0nd

Broly used to be my MVP for tourneys. But honestly SV is really proving his worth this time around. With his counter and attack he often takes out around 3 foes on his own. Without taking damage. With Broly I often take a bunch of damage and he's not guaranteed to super on each attempt.

MiTYH

Gotta say, using double SV is fun in the tourney, if you can line it up right and KO 5-6 characters a match

....Annnnd I just got my first Super attack on me, wasnt paying attention and lost. Always in the final round!

Aiii

So not worth it
Just go in, beat the guys, rinse and repeat.

It's not hard, it's not really rocket science. Make sure you bring some healing items in case of need since health bars last throughout the tournament and don't reset like normal, that's probably it.

MisterMac

Can I just sell these Uubs to the baba shop? I hate Uub as a character.

I'm for sure hitting 80 wins this time. Feels great to finally let my AOE characters out of their pens to ruin this WT.

B0AvJbO.jpg

Shout out for Crimson for the idea to use INT SSJ Goku. Really put me over the top as far as Super consistency

holy... there is no way I'm going to get anywhere near enough awakening medals to dokkan all my SS characters from one WT.

Yeah these things are not dropping well. I've got 12 units to Dokkan but luckily only 4 are completely ready, one of which is done. I figure I'll go for two at a time starting with Chilled and the android. I've not even worked out how I'm going to get the medals for Tao or King Cold yet so they aren't exactly a priority. I can't imagine how insane the LR Goku grind must be if it's taking me all of this time just build a team to fight him.

MisterMac

Got great ape Goku from my silver DB tickets. General Blue too. I'm actually happy about getting Goku for my Mono AGL. He's gotta be better then some of the junk on my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom