• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Did two singles on the rising dragon and got a dupe Xeno Trunks. What can I even do with him? Already dokkaned him. All I wanted was Majin Vegeta.
Keep for the Dupe update.

Also, I pulled 7 singles on the Rising Dragon banner and got junk. Screw all you people who actually got an SSR :p

Did two singles on the rising dragon and got a dupe Xeno Trunks. What can I even do with him? Already dokkaned him. All I wanted was Majin Vegeta.

I got another SR Kid trunks. I too want Majin Fajita so I can have three Attack Alls. Also, dammit google stop trying to correct Fajita into Vegeta I KNOW WHAT I WANNA WRITE OKAY?!

Durden77

Did another multi pull, got another SSJ AGL Goku. 3 in 2 multi pulls.

Yeah, guess I'm not getting Turles. And I just wasted 41 dollars. Fantastic.

Cant resist this banner.
Hoping for Turles/MajinV
Got Turles+Teq Goku(my 3rd one)

Really happy.
Time to SA up!

Turles is a good support with his passive anyways even if it isn't as good as TEQ SSJ2 Goku. 1 more day till tournament. I have a lot of free time so I'll be getting far in the tournament. Maybe finish it in one days thanks to double AOE.

Xanru

So yea, I got super greedy fishing for Turles and spent 110 of the stones I was saving for the upcoming heroes/arale banners. I mean, I got a semi-decent hall (would've been so much better without the Xeno Trunks/Majin dupes), but I don't feel all that accomplished despite finally landing TEQ SS2 Goku. If we weren't getting a bunch of DS in the next week I'd be pretty salty with myself.

Don't get greedy and gamble kids

Aiii

So not worth it
Finally got SV up to Max SA, I feel a sense of accomplishment.

100 Stones for SSBK Goku, need a new project, give it to me, Dokkan.

Meneses

I know how it feels, man, it sucks.

But remember this feeling and try not to fall into the trap of spending even more money out of frustration, chasing something that might never drop. It's not worth it, take my word for it lol

edit: Anyway, I think my Turles will have to be purely a support character, 2 stamina bars so far and only 1 drop, and the SA lvl up failed... so he'll stay at level 4.

I'm also tempted to not Dokkan my Xeno Trunks now and wait for his event to come back so I can raise his SA to 10
lol yeah right
. He's at 6 now.

Durden77

I know how it feels, man, it sucks.

But remember this feeling and try not to fall into the trap of spending even more money out of frustration, chasing something that might never drop. It's not worth it, take my word for it lol

It's brutal man. This was the first time I dropped any money in the game and I really shouldn't have, especially that much. I just wish I would have gotten something useful out of it, even if it wasn't Turles. But getting 3 SSJ AGL Gokus, especially when his SA is already at the max, is about as bad as it gets.

But thanks man. I've had to cope with wasting free stones before which sucked enough, but wasting real money....that's uh...that's a little different....

Also it's kind of hard to find motivation to play when you are barley scraping by to get 5 stones without paying.

Meneses

It's brutal man. This was the first time I dropped any money in the game and I really shouldn't have, especially that much. I just wish I would have gotten something useful out of it, even if it wasn't Turles. But getting 3 SSJ AGL Gokus, especially when his SA is already at the max, is about as bad as it gets.

But thanks man. I've had to cope with wasting free stones before which sucked enough, but wasting real money....that's uh...that's a little different....

Also it's kind of hard to find motivation to play when you are barley scraping by to get 5 stones without paying.

That's basically what I do everytime there's a good banner... Blow all my stones then slowly watching them pile back up... unless freaking Gogeta shows up and then I waste it all on singles :p

Ocasionally I buy a few stones when they're on sale, and when we get those mega banners I do stupid shit that I really shouldn't.

Overall, just know that the small chance of getting something good is generally not worth it to spend money on it.

The stones will slowly start filling up, it just means you have to skip some banners.

Durden77

That's basically what I do everytime there's a good banner... Blow all my stones then slowly watching them pile back up... unless freaking Gogeta shows up and then I waste it all on singles :p

Ocasionally I buy a few stones when they're on sale, and when we get those mega banners I do stupid shit that I really shouldn't.

Overall, just know that the small chance of getting something good is generally not worth it to spend money on it.

The stones will slowly start filling up, it just means you have to skip some banners.

That's the worst part.....I....want to....keep going. Turles has always been one of my most wanted cards. The only thing keeping me from continuing to blow stones on singles (which I already have a few times) is knowing I should probably save them for refilling stamina for the world tournament.

But yeah, I always told myself as much fun as I have with the game I wouldn't spend much money, if any at all, because it's just too much of a risk. And here I am, after a moment of Dragon Ball weakness, down almost 50 DOLLARS. Not even waiting for a sale. Nothing. WHAT HAPPENED.

Christ Dragon Ball can make me do so much stupid shit.

Temptation to pull for Majin Vegeta on this banner is real. I could sure use him as a backup to my Xeno Trunks. Regardless I really want to hold onto my stones for SSJ Rose.

Meneses

SSBKK is coming soon, and it seems BuuHan (another God Lead) is already in the game files, so he's probably coming soon after that.

So there's go stuff ahead for people who decide to be patient.

MiTYH

Temptation to pull for Majin Vegeta on this banner is real. I could sure use him as a backup to my Xeno Trunks. Regardless I really want to hold onto my stones for SSJ Rose.

If you're going to horde, then horde. When Rose came out, that was the same time as the GuarenteedSSR Tickets, I believe, which'll also give you a chance at M-Vegeta

K got the three new SSR with Christmas medals. Now I gotta save 19 more for the elder kai.

I want MV and Gogeta soooooooooo bad. But I don't wanna spend anymore money, I spent enough to get SV...
Edit: So. If I up the SA of the STR Turles to 9, Awaken him, then feed him to INT Turles, assuming it's a success does it make his SA 10?

Meneses

K got the three new SSR with Christmas medals. Now I gotta save 19 more for the elder kai.

I want MV and Gogeta soooooooooo bad. But I don't wanna spend anymore money, I spent enough to get SV...
Edit: So. If I up the SA of the STR Turles to 9, Awaken him, then feed him to INT Turles, assuming it's a success does it make his SA 10?

I don't know, I seem to remember reading that if a character is different it will only go up by 1 SA regardless of how much SA the feeding card had.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
When the un-dokkan system gets added, is it possible to un-dokkan a character then feed them cards to up their SA for the UR chance of success instead of the TUR tier?

Basically I want to Dokkan my Turles for the tournament and then farm Str Turles cards when the tournament is done. Just want to make sure I can up his SA by un-dokkaning him when they add that system in two or three months.

If you're going to horde, then horde. When Rose came out, that was the same time as the GuarenteedSSR Tickets, I believe, which'll also give you a chance at M-Vegeta

Oh that's a good point. Wasn't SSJ Rose also the same day as SSB Vegito? I've been tempted by those banners since Japan got them but I'll have to make it past the SSBKK banner to pull it off. Sitting at 320 stones with plenty more to farm though so I could probably do 1 or 2 multis on that banner.

linkent

When the un-dokkan system gets added, is it possible to un-dokkan a character then feed them cards to up their SA for the UR chance of success instead of the TUR tier?

Basically I want to Dokkan my Turles for the tournament and then farm Str Turles cards when the tournament is done. Just want to make sure I can up his SA by un-dokkaning him when they add that system in two or three months.

yes you can do that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I caved and spent 17 bucks to get me to 50 gems, did a pull, immediately regretted it. Oh well. A bunch of shiny new Rs and SRs!!! I have 10 gems to my name now. Need to start farming for SSBKK. Luckily I still have a bunch of story missions to finish, and I had some gems in my mail I forgot about. I may be able to do 1 SSBKK multi.

I was slacking on fat and skinnytenks but, looking them up on reddit, apparently they are pretty good. Ugh. Only 2 days to finish them. May only get one of them done.

Dokkaned my INT Turles. Dude was already a beast, but now is a bigger beast with Prepared for Battle. KI for daaaaaaaaays.

I wish there were more Prepared for Battle TEQ characters. I have a great rainbow team, but no good TEQ to go with it.

I don't know, I seem to remember reading that if a character is different it will only go up by 1 SA regardless of how much SA the feeding card had.
Fack! That's so annoying. So I either have to z-awaken a shit ton of STR Turles to get my INT Turles to SA10, or, get 100quadtrillion and not raise him once due to 5% ughhhggftwtgtfurhurtvhj

Drop rate for STR Turles is horrendous, anyone have any recommendations on which is the best place to farm him.
Stage 10 was good to me. I got three in a row, and never really went more than two times without a card drop.
I caved and spent 17 bucks to get me to 50 gems, did a pull, immediately regretted it. Oh well. A bunch of shiny new Rs and SRs!!! I have 10 gems to my name now. Need to start farming for SSBKK. Luckily I still have a bunch of story missions to finish, and I had some gems in my mail I forgot about. I may be able to do 1 SSBKK multi.

I was slacking on fat and skinnytenks but, looking them up on reddit, apparently they are pretty good. Ugh. Only 2 days to finish them. May only get one of them done.
I'd focus on Bulmas support items. Strike events come back often, Bulma comes only before WT.

Drop rate for STR Turles is horrendous, anyone have any recommendations on which is the best place to farm him.

It isn't bad for me drop wise, but RNGesus hates me in terms of trying to up my INTs SA before I dokkan him. I've been having about a 20% success rate even though that fucker says 50%... :S

commish

Stage 10 was good to me. I got three in a row, and never really went more than two times without a card drop.

I'd focus on Bulmas support items. Strike events come back often, Bulma comes only before WT.

Crap didn't even know Bulmas was up. I'll finish TEQ and then do Bulmas. Always need items!!

Meneses

You guys must be stealing all my precious Turleseseses, only got a drop so far...

I'm finishing Story now, should have enough for a multi on KK Goku.

And I just noticed i've reached rank 300 lol (actually 301 now, the 3x EXP is great).

You guys must be stealing all my precious Turleseseses, only got a drop so far...

I'm finishing Story now, should have enough for a multi on KK Goku.

And I just noticed i've reached rank 300 lol (actually 301 now, the 3x EXP is great).
. If it makes you feel better I failed to up his SA with my 50% Turles.

Crap didn't even know Bulmas was up. I'll finish TEQ and then do Bulmas. Always need items!!

Heh yw. If you rank is low enough you may be able to bounce between Bulma and quests to play indefinitely(or until your rank is high enough that it requires a STA bar to level up doing nothing but quests).

It isn't bad for me drop wise, but RNGesus hates me in terms of trying to up my INTs SA before I dokkan him. I've been having about a 20% success rate even though that fucker says 50%... :S
50%. Are you z-awakening all dem? That's a lot of training and Awakening medals if so...

Edit: What's the new best gem farming stage?

Gonna get my 30 stones today. Almost done farming the last 1k medals I need for the Supreme Kai medal.

Then I can focus on Bulma and some quests for gems before the world tournament starts.

You get more awakening medals than you need while waiting for the card to drop. It's really only training items that you waste

o right forgot that you only need fruits to awaken. My mistake, training items then. Although I have like 100+ of every single training item except for the bigger turtle shell after Z-Sword

With the WT rolling round again I realized I've not thought much about my teams with two viable options to try. So what would people pick from these two?

SV Lead AGL team with Xeno Trunks

Gogeta Lead rainbow team with Xeno Trunks

I'd been leaning towards rainbow since it may be a good chance to level some units too but I'm thinking it will also make hitting XT's ultra easier too. The downside would be having a largely weaker team overall due to no stat boosts.

With the WT rolling round again I realized I've not thought much about my teams with two viable options to try. So what would people pick from these two?

SV Lead AGL team with Xeno Trunks

Gogeta Lead rainbow team with Xeno Trunks

I'd been leaning towards rainbow since it may be a good chance to level some units too but I'm thinking it will also make hitting XT's ultra easier too. The downside would be having a largely weaker team overall due to no stat boosts.

Curious if being hit by AOE with a SV lead means you die or not. Really too bad there is no AGL AOE. Also Broly + Xeno or Gotenks + Majin Vegeta is gonna be really good this tournament.

denebj

Neo Member
My team for the Tourney is going to be :

- Gogeta
- Xeno Trunk
- Majin Vegeta
- Vegeto
- Turles
- STR God Goku
-Friend Gogeta probably.

This is going to be fun !! So much ki and good ki links and 300+ TOM , I should be covered LOL

commish

My team for the Tourney is going to be :

- Gogeta
- Xeno Trunk
- Majin Vegeta
- Vegeto
- Turles
- STR God Goku
-Friend Gogeta probably.

This is going to be fun !! So much ki and good ki links and 300+ TOM , I should be covered LOL

I think I'm going for something similar, with Gogeta lead, Xeno and MV, but not sure about the other components of my team. I'm thinking SV for blocking/links, Clutching Victory Goku for OiaF, and perhaps PHY Broly because he's awesome.

Going through my team I'm actually feeling a big temptation to yolo on that rising dragon banner. Here's my WT loadout after a bit of optimizing.

Gogeta (lead)
Xeno Trunks
Super Vegito
SSJ Trunks Xeno
STR SSJ Goku
literally anyone

Gogeta

My whole team is going to be built on the Prepared for Battle link and I'm one short of having a full deck of it with one unit being less than optimal to say the least (STR Goku). The current banner has a reasonable amount of units with the link including that Majin Burrito I've been wanting. I know I SHOULD save them for SSBKK and SSJ Rose, but I bet we're getting some stone surplus for the holidays and will probably make a profit in the WT too so it's making the urge harder to fight.

Kettch

Did a pair of mulits since I don't have an AoE character on my new account, picked up both Turles and Majin Vegeta.

Though unless I'm missing something, the event for dokkaning Majin Vegeta isn't around, so that kinda sucks with the tournament coming up.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
CmrY5J1.jpg

After dokkaning Turles it's gonna be Super city.

Did a pair of mulits since I don't have an AoE character on my new account, picked up both Turles and Majin Vegeta.

Though unless I'm missing something, the event for dokkaning Majin Vegeta isn't around, so that kinda sucks with the tournament coming up.

I NEED MV DAMMMMMMMMMMMIT! I keep pulling on the banner and nada.

I got Xeno(SA1) Broly(SA10) BUT I WANT MV FOR THE HATTRICK DAMMIT!

Did one yolo and got Buu (Good). Disappointed that I didn't get a prepared for battle link but whatever, I'll take it. I suppose any SSR is better than none but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a better result with double rates. Still a little tempted to go one last round on it but it doesn't seem worth it trying my luck repeatedly. Other than Majin Vegeta and Turles the banner doesn't really seem very good anyway and has a lot of weaker units so it's making it easier.

To be honest I think it's the longest I've managed to go without pulling. Now it's out of my system I can go back to hording.

Here is my box for 500 days. There are 20 units missing but those are either dupes or someone I forgot to add due to them not being SSR or better.

My Tournament team is gonna be:

STR Gogeta (Lead)
AGL SSJ3 Goku
TEQ Majin Vegeta
INT SSJ Goku
STR SSG Goku
PHY Xeno Trunks

Super for days. Grabbing friend AOE or Turles. Might switch out SSJ Goku but his orb changing can make the difference to supering and not supering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom