• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just have to say, running AOEs in WT is silly. I put up my MV as my leader when I'm not playing for all to enjoy.

Turles lead plus having him beside Xeno Trunks gives so much lovely Ki Kreygasm. My Xeno only needs 2 ki to super. I might go for 80 wins. I usually avoid it because hnnnng grinding forever. But I like the SSRs ATM.

commish

God bless anyone who can stand going for 80 wins. I've been grinding so much in OPTC lately I could never grind to 80 here.

God bless anyone who can stand going for 80 wins. I've been grinding so much in OPTC lately I could never grind to 80 here.
Some gaffers are insane. I don't know how many if em do it because I get exhausted after 30 wins.

Also sorry for not having my broly or xeno as leads, Turles +3 helps with Xeno getting to super easily.

For those that need it, don't forget this is how the points system works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/45clbb/how_world_tournament_points_work_v30/

That one is a little outdated but the core idea is the same:
-UR characters give more points.
-Color type advantage gives more points (does not stack with Super>Extreme>Super type advantage)
-Super>Extreme>super type advantage gives more points (does not stack with color type advantage)
-Super Attacks give more points
-Dokkan Mode gives 2x points.

commish

Some gaffers are insane. I don't know how many if em do it because I get exhausted after 30 wins.

Also sorry for not having my broly or xeno as leads, Turles +3 helps with Xeno getting to super easily.

Just change your leader when not playing. That's what I do to help out ppl who need AOEs.

Can I just sell these Uubs to the baba shop? I hate Uub as a character.

I'm for sure hitting 80 wins this time. Feels great to finally let my AOE characters out of their pens to ruin this WT.

Shout out for Crimson for the idea to use INT SSJ Goku. Really put me over the top as far as Super consistency

No problem glad you are having success with it. At 4 wins right now. After I come back from my interview, I'll be able to grind to at least 30.

This is the only WT where I'm disappointed to see Broly friends since I'm going hard for Turles or SV.

I've been getting consistent spread between MV and Xeno between the rounds so far so thats good.

The medals for Bulma and Turtle need to show up in prelims more and the beginning rounds. Not at the very final round which can be really annoying.

Chilled is almost done being awakened, then I'm gonna focus on Mecha Frieza and King Cold.

MisterMac

Trunk's from the final episodes of his arc in Super getting a Dokkanfest card with a farmable SA. Guess I won't break my bank chasing SSBKK and will make sure I have a chance to get Buuhan and this new Trunks because I already have Janemba, SSG Goku, and INT SSJ Goku on deck. Plus that can be my home for great ape nappa.

13 WT wins so far. Taking a break so I can do this final round with regen stamina then stone up for the full two.

I guess we need to save 30 stam to do the 3 Turtle School trainings and then either do 7 4 stam missions or 3 training in the clouds and 4 4 stam missions to get everything done for the Xmas dailies. Though we do get WT missions for Xmas coins and ranking rewards as well

denebj

Neo Member
This WT is easier with Xeno and Turtles ! Sitting at 10 wins so far.

I had 32 single pulls on the gold DB ticket, took me 20 pulls to pull the new Picollo SSR and the new Goko SSR, that's pretty swell !!!!

I guess Vegeta is being left alone with those new Dokkan ahahahahah Another 777 death grind for that Frieza !!

LNBL

Even with Majin Vegeta in my team, having Super Vegito in there is so awesome. Enemies usually attack with 2 on the same target and skmetimes even with 3, which are just a free kill for super vegito with his counter ability.
Currently on 13 wins, so still a long way to goooo

I'm more impressed by the OPTC grinding to be honest. I've spent more time trying to max a single character in that game than building my entire LR Goku team so far and still haven't gotten a single slot maxed or SA to level up more than once. Grind is realer than ever in that game.

Just change your leader when not playing. That's what I do to help out ppl who need AOEs.

Maybe, but seems like some people want SV/Turles, and DA Turles+Xeno Trunks is amazing for Ki so I might keep it as is. Most of you guys with an attack all already have it as your lead, right?

For those that need it, don't forget this is how the points system works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/45clbb/how_world_tournament_points_work_v30/

That one is a little outdated but the core idea is the same:
-UR characters give more points.
-Color type advantage gives more points (does not stack with Super>Extreme>Super type advantage)
-Super>Extreme>super type advantage gives more points (does not stack with color type advantage)
-Super Attacks give more points
-Dokkan Mode gives 2x points.
Dokkan is only realistic in Prelims, and even then if you Attack All you can't gather enough to Dokkan:(. All my guys are UR though, and are split with Extreme&Suoer, so should I use all supers(with Turles being the only Xtreme)?

No problem glad you are having success with it. At 4 wins right now. After I come back from my interview, I'll be able to grind to at least 30.

This is the only WT where I'm disappointed to see Broly friends since I'm going hard for Turles or SV.

I've been getting consistent spread between MV and Xeno between the rounds so far so thats good.

The medals for Bulma and Turtle need to show up in prelims more and the beginning rounds. Not at the very final round which can be really annoying.

Chilled is almost done being awakened, then I'm gonna focus on Mecha Frieza and King Cold.
O lucky for you I have Turles as my lead <3. 99% sure I have you as a friend.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Got supered by an enemy STR Broly (attack all) on the first turn of the Finals.

Extremely not okay with this. Shit cost me a win.

Ya, you gotta stay alert in case that happens and close the app. But it's really easy to not pay attention while doing the tournament.

Kitoro

When does WT get difficult? Everything through the King Yemma tier has been easy mode. Every attack kills an enemy and they do less than 100 damage per attack.

commish

When does WT get difficult? Everything through the King Yemma tier has been easy mode. Every attack kills an enemy and they do less than 100 damage per attack.

Maybe it's your level, but attacks do 20k+ against me. But I don't think WT is hard necessarily, but enemies can chip your health down over all the fights, so you have to keep it up. And of course, a super can wipe you out.

Does it actually get harder as you move up tiers? I haven't noticed that at all. Aside from getting supered once, which took me totally by surprise because I hadn't seen that happen yet.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can confirm it is just as easy at Beerus tier. 28 consecutive wins and counting.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
We haven't received the update on Global yet for WT changes. After the update, difficulty will scale based on consecutive wins. The current WT's difficulty is relatively the same throughout. Enemies do dish more damage in the Finals / Semi-Finals. i.e. A unit who hits me for 5k in the Prelims can hit me for 20k in the finals.

I wish every round was like this:
X8cDNe2.png

Kitoro

Maybe it's your level, but attacks do 20k+ against me. But I don't think WT is hard necessarily, but enemies can chip your health down over all the fights, so you have to keep it up. And of course, a super can wipe you out.

Strange...

I'm rank 191, and 4 tourney wins so far, and no attacks even tickle my team yet.

Meneses

The real challenge of the current WT is trying to keep your focus (and your sanity) while grinding and making sure you're not distracted when someone supers and kills you (it happened a lot).

Kitoro

The real challenge of the current WT is trying to keep your focus (and your sanity) while grinding and making sure you're not distracted when someone supers and kills you (it happened a lot).

Are you using stones to refill stamina, or just making sure to run 3-4 Super stages on chapter 19 to refill and then do a few more rounds in WT?

Meneses

Are you using stones to refill stamina, or just making sure to run 3-4 Super stages on chapter 19 to refill and then do a few more rounds in WT?

I haven't been able to play much so i've just been spending natural stamina. But the plan is to spend some stones and when I get under 100k XP to rank up i'll play a few missions.

But at this point just spending stones is fine, I usually end up with about as many as I started with.

btw, just fought a special team in the finals called Dokkan Rush that gave me 120k bonus points.

It was Gogeta, AGL SS3 Goku, STR SS3 Vegeta, INT Ult Gohan, Beerus, Cell, PHY Frieza.

spoilers:
Trunks massacred them on my first attack

Stones to refill but super stage 19 once my exp bar is near the 30k range. Of course my energy has to be low.

Is that the highest exp stage? I was doing 21-1 for gem farming and it was a lot of exp so I was planning on using that when I actually get time to sit and grind it out.

No joke though, SV duo is wrecking the tournament with barely any involvement from me. I'm loving this so far.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is that the highest exp stage? I was doing 21-1 for gem farming and it was a lot of exp so I was planning on using that when I actually get time to sit and grind it out.

No joke though, SV duo is wrecking the tournament with barely any involvement from me. I'm loving this so far.

21-3 gives a little over 58k, but 20-6 is the easiest and quickest at 54k reward.

Higher team cost gives more tourney points right? Does it take into account a friend's character team cost too? Because if you run LR Goku with a bunch of DAed units and have a LR Goku friend that would be a lot of points lol

Meneses

And now a God Rush team for another 120k points: Teq SSB Goku, Phy SSB Vegeta, Teq Whis, STR Beerus, Phy Kami, Int Kaioshin and Str Kibito.

Durden77

Got supered by an enemy STR Broly (attack all) on the first turn of the Finals.

Extremely not okay with this. Shit cost me a win.

Wait, so enemy attack all supers actually wipe your team out too? I figured it just worked like anything else and you had 1 health bar regardless?

Shit. Noted. At 12 wins now. Think I'm gonna go for the 80 this time. Sorry about not having MV as my lead, but GT Trunks is too useful right now. His leader healing is about perfect for WT. Just need to stay above 50% which he does wonderfully.

Savitar

Having SV really does wonders, got two or more enemies? Put him against those, he'll get hardly any damage, kill them all and you can kill some other guy yet to come. Super handy. Tossed in my STR Broly and TEQ Majin Vegeta too, one or the other tends to blow up shit real good.

Savitar

Going to bed...
img_0226kfocl.png

...I am going to dread opening the app tomorrow, ugh.

*Claps*

I only got half of that and decided to just take a break.

And yeah the drop is always shitty but when you go up against other dedicated people and some bots that hopefully will get banned it's rough to stay where you are let alone keep progressing.

Savitar

Damn, that's some top tier grinding. I've been working all day so I haven't even gotten past the 3-4 I did last night before bed. At least you're about halfway there though!

I find when the WT's come around and your going to do it that if you got something to watch it really helps. A TV series, some movies, what have you.

Like none of my friends even have MV or Xeno or STR Broly leads, or even SV atm. Feels poverty man.

Should look on the gaf spreadsheet, I have my old account permanently as an MV lead.

I find when the WT's come around and your going to do it that if you got something to watch it really helps. A TV series, some movies, what have you.

You bet I'm gonna go all in with some TV when I get around to it tonight. Just can't do it at work cause explaining the world tournament of a phone game will probably just get my ass fired lol.

*Claps*

I only got half of that and decided to just take a break.

And yeah the drop is always shitty but when you go up against other dedicated people and some bots that hopefully will get banned it's rough to stay where you are let alone keep progressing.

Is the drop off really that bad? I've been able to keep myself in the top 10,000 by grinding off and on all day. I've not even started the REAL grind which I'll do tonight while I catch up on EZA streams. I expect to hit at least the 30 wins mark and I'm hoping to stay in that top 10k range. Ideally, I'd like to break into top 5k or better this tourney and walk away with something to help keep me from the temptation to pull on a banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom