• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Is the drop off really that bad? I've been able to keep myself in the top 10,000 by grinding off and on all day. I've not even started the REAL grind which I'll do tonight while I catch up on EZA streams. I expect to hit at least the 30 wins mark and I'm hoping to stay in that top 10k range. Ideally, I'd like to break into top 5k or better this tourney and walk away with something to help keep me from the temptation to pull on a banner.

It depends, I've dropped up to five thousand before to a few hundred, really depends where you are. And the amount of people playing, it's been awhile so probably going to be a lot of competition.

Why did this game default to my mono AGL team twice between tournament runs? I've had it set to my WT team this whole time

Did you go look at your teams? If you had and put someone new in one of them it would have changed to that. It's happened to me before.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It depends, I've dropped up to five thousand before to a few hundred, really depends where you are. And the amount of people playing, it's been awhile so probably going to be a lot of competition.

Did you go look at your teams? If you had and put someone new in one of them it would have changed to that. It's happened to me before.

I don't think I did. Even if I had I fixed it after it happened to me the first time.

Kitoro

This is my first WT, and I don't think I can even stand burning through my organic stamina for the rest of the event without losing my mind. I'll stick it through, but there's no way I'll be burning stones on this.

I got you mate, quote to see.
Just share it like this in the future.

Hey thanks for this. I added both of my accounts to the list and will be adding people soon. I don't have the best units but hopefully they can help some people.

Like others I'll be using Gogeta when running the tournament but when not in use I will switch to Majin Vegeta.

Just going to have to hope the dropoff isn't too severe then. I do plan to go in pretty heavy on this tourney and I'm not going to worry about stones until I'm back around where I started it at. To be honest I don't even care about Gohan that much since I've got the AGL and PHY ones already, but since I'm going for the 80 wins ticket I figure I may as well shoot for the extra one at the events end too.

This is my first WT, and I don't think I can even stand burning through my organic stamina for the rest of the event without losing my mind. I'll stick it through, but there's no way I'll be burning stones on this.

Believe it or not you can actually make a profit while burning stones on it because of how many it gives away. Various milestones give out stone rewards with a few that drop 5 at a time and one that drops 7 I think. I'm up by about 15 stones right now from when I started and I've burned at least 6 or 7 on it.

Savitar

I don't think I did. Even if I had I fixed it after it happened to me the first time.

It's kind of fickle, you really got to make sure the right team is selected when you go to fight again or you can be...well, screwed.

Hey thanks for this. I added both of my accounts to the list and will be adding people soon. I don't have the best units but hopefully they can help some people.

Like others I'll be using Gogeta when running the tournament but when not in use I will switch to Majin Vegeta.

Got your request and added ya.

Just going to have to hope the dropoff isn't too severe then. I do plan to go in pretty heavy on this tourney and I'm not going to worry about stones until I'm back around where I started it at. To be honest I don't even care about Gohan that much since I've got the AGL and PHY ones already, but since I'm going for the 80 wins ticket I figure I may as well shoot for the extra one at the events end too.

Believe it or not you can actually make a profit while burning stones on it because of how many it gives away. Various milestones give out stone rewards with a few that drop 5 at a time and one that drops 7 I think. I'm up by about 15 stones right now from when I started and I've burned at least 6 or 7 on it.

I've used 30 plus stones in past tournaments at least to stay under 10,000. Currently at 30 wins and my fingers are killing me.

Send me another request since I deleted it by mistake.

I think I've added everyone on that spreadsheet on either one or both of my accounts. There were some that had full friends lists or requests so I couldn't add them but otherwise that should be everyone. If not feel free to add me.

Got your request and added ya.

Thanks buddy. Also added you on my other account, hope you don't mind.

Send me another request since I deleted it by mistake.

Sent it again. No worries on the deletion thing

I think I've added everyone on that spreadsheet on either one or both of my accounts. There were some that had full friends lists or requests so I couldn't add them but otherwise that should be everyone. If not feel free to add me.

Thanks buddy. Also added you on my other account, hope you don't mind.

Sent it again. No worries on the deletion thing

Thanks man, mb about the deletion. Had some troll accounts try to add me and put delete all. lol Congrats as you are my 70th and last friend.

Wish they increased friend list to 100 already.

I changed out AGL SSJ3 Goku for SV. SSJ3 next to Xeno Trunks is a dead link so that can be really annoying.

BTW if you have Xeno make sure you take a hit so that his ability activates and he can super easier.

Always have a Baba/young Pilaf handy for when opponents super. I haven't had to use items thus far but its good to have on hand.

Good thing I have a ton of anime to go through as I play.

Edit: ROFL Guys my Semifinals round was a GT Team but we kept avoiding each other because I couldn't get the number to get the last purple capsule till the very last round. We ran out of rounds and I won by 1 movement point. Sucks I wasted the round and points but I got my medals lol.

Cheers, I added a couple of people.

I'll clear space for you two. FUBAR which account do you prefer I add?

K sent you a friend request trash. FUBAR add me on the account you prefer since friend list is limited I can only add one of you, sorry D:

Also what happened to Caim?

Edit2.0: if I don't have someone added feel free to add me. If you have two accounts add me on the one you prefer I be on.

Meneses

Added FUBAR and a couple others on the list.

I'll be running either Xeno Trunks or Turles, so you'll always have a useful character there.

Does win streak matter for points or ranking or something?

Got lots of Xeno Trunkseses and Majin Vegetas in my list now thanks to you lovely people, making this a lot faster <3

edit: lol I just saw enemies fight eachother in the prelims for the FIRST TIME EVER. This is like number 14 for me. Crazy AI.

linkent

ok first turn LR Goku.
no INT, use broly to block.
56000 damage!!!
luckily i have max life that turn 60k.

PSA!!! Final round LR Goku use defensive item!!!

Does win streak matter for points or ranking or something?

Got lots of Xeno Trunkseses and Majin Vegetas in my list now thanks to you lovely people, making this a lot faster <3

edit: lol I just saw enemies fight eachother in the prelims for the FIRST TIME EVER. This is like number 14 for me. Crazy AI.

Streak doesnt matter now, but it will when WT is upgraded.
will be facing stronger enemy with higher streak.

ok first turn LR Goku.
no INT, use broly to block.
56000 damage!!!
luckily i have max life that turn 60k.

PSA!!! Final round LR Goku use defensive item!!!

Streak doesnt matter now, but it will when WT is upgraded.
will be facing stronger enemy with higher streak.

You mean LR goku in the WT? He shouldn't really be much of a threat, just kill him before he attacks or pop a defensive item. Could always take a Ghost just in case you're left with no choice but to eat a super attack at some point. He's not the only card who poses a threat by the way. Any of the god cards or Gogeta can also OHKO you with a super. Gogeta's the biggest threat IMO since you're taking maximum damage regardless of your type.

I've definitely blocked Gogeta with AGI types. Haven't had him Super though.

Huh, maybe it was his super I caught the back of before then. I figured it was a normal attack with his type bypassing ability. All those tier cards are the ones that seem to pose the most threat though as the super opportunity always seems to go to them. I think Godtenks has caught me out 3 times already this tourney.

linkent

You mean LR goku in the WT? He shouldn't really be much of a threat, just kill him before he attacks or pop a defensive item. Could always take a Ghost just in case you're left with no choice but to eat a super attack at some point. He's not the only card who poses a threat by the way. Any of the god cards or Gogeta can also OHKO you with a super. Gogeta's the biggest threat IMO since you're taking maximum damage regardless of your type.
This is the highest atk i have seen from all these WT
Nobody hit this hard without super.
And like Panda said, gogeta passive doesn't/shouldn't active in WT
Huh, maybe it was his super I caught the back of before then. I figured it was a normal attack with his type bypassing ability. All those tier cards are the ones that seem to pose the most threat though as the super opportunity always seems to go to them. I think Godtenks has caught me out 3 times already this tourney.
Character will do extra damage for Extreme><Super encounter.
So AGL Extreme card will take natural damage from Gogeta with the -> arrow.

Btw if you want to add me be sure your name is on the list I linked earlier. I have 4 spaces reserved for you lovely people :p.

My win streak ended because I decided to make an empty team and put xeno Trunks as my lead before sleeping. Woke up and forgot so by habit I just selected a friend then hit begin :(. From now on I'ma just switch Turles to Xeno so if that shit happens again I'm not SoL.

Anybody know how long the WT is supposed to last? Just a few days, right?

I'll clear space for you two. FUBAR which account do you prefer I add?

K sent you a friend request trash. FUBAR add me on the account you prefer since friend list is limited I can only add one of you, sorry D:

Also what happened to Caim?

Edit2.0: if I don't have someone added feel free to add me. If you have two accounts add me on the one you prefer I be on.

I'll add you in just a minute when I finish going through the prelim round here. Thanks!

Character will do extra damage for Extreme><Super encounter.
So AGL Extreme card will take natural damage from Gogeta with the -> arrow.

Ah, I think that's probably what happened, I'll have to bear that in mind to keep damage down. To be honest I think I catch only half of what actually happens during the tourney due to watching stuff while going through it.

By the way is LR Goku like an instant bonus or something? I've play a few matches with dual LR Goku's in the team now and walked away with around a 40-60k bonus in each.

Btw guys, it's a good idea to Favourite gaffers, that way you don't accidentally delete them when clearing your list. I wish you could sort your list by last login, I had a few friends who haven't logged in for 30+ days lol.

The eternal question of Gogeta vs Jamenba has been solved. Gogeta is super effective. Jamenba does not block.
EDIT: Oh yeah because passives don't work :p

Also, I feel like there are a lot more people playing now than last tourney. I'm usually less than rank 30k by now but I'm barely in the 50 thousands.

The eternal question of Gogeta vs Jamenba has been solved. Gogeta is super effective. Jamenba does not block.
EDIT: Oh yeah because passives don't work :p

Also, I feel like there are a lot more people playing now than last tourney. I'm usually less than rank 30k by now but I'm barely in the 50 thousands.
How many wins do you have? I'm at 9 and 59k rank lol

Durden77

If I'm not rank 210 (I'm rank 171, 105 stamina), is it even worth it to stone for stamina for the tournament? I have 19 wins now, and really want the 80, but I also don't want to throw all my stones down a hole if it won't be profitable in the end.

Also Trashman I think I might have accidentally rejected your friend request. I just sent you one, my IGN is Bawlsaq. Also sen one to FUBAR's Gogeta account and Broliolioli

Meneses

If I'm not rank 210 (I'm rank 171, 105 stamina), is it even worth it to stone for stamina for the tournament? I have 19 wins now, and really want the 80, but I also don't want to throw all my stones down a hole if it won't be profitable in the end.

Also Trashman I think I might have accidentally rejected your friend request. I just sent you one, my IGN is Bawlsaq. Also sen one to FUBAR's Gogeta account and Broliolioli

Considering that they changed the stamina system some months ago and now the stone refill overflows your max stamina, you wouldn't be losing too much.

I can't really promise it will be worth it, but just consider the fact that you can do a 50 stone multi and get all R and SR shit, and a few stones here will give you an SSR (even if you spend 10 or 15, it's still a good rate). Also, you'll get a bunch of stones back by reaching tournament thresholds.

rsniper59

Neo Member
That 80 victory prize would be nice but... Jeez, the World Tournament grind is just so darn boring. It's just slogging through endless one-shot enemies over and over. I got to 14 wins last night and it's hard to find the motivation to even bother moving forward. Maybe it'd be less painful if I had an AOE super?

On the bright side, I ended up getting the INT SSR King Piccolo and two SR Mutaito from the DB pulls. So at the very least, I ended up with some DB characters that can lower Defense and Seal SA's! Plus all the Awakening medals, training items, and Zeni...

Okay, maybe the WT is worth it after all.....

It *is* really goddamn dull but the rewards are pretty good. I'm only at 16 wins, planning to grind some more tonight. It's really easy but requires just enough focus so you don't die that it's kind of a pain.

Omg the AI is such a dongle! Either there's a lot of U. Awakening medals and the butt fights me before I got like 2, or there's only one and they steal it!
Edit: Are they gonna add more Christmas things to buy using coins? I have 40 and already got 1 of each character and the elder kai.

Savitar

Went from around 1200 to 3600 when I got up, that's annoying but expected.

And as I said to others, watch something while playing, movies, youtube vids or whatever.

It really helps otherwise you go nuts.

Durden77

Considering that they changed the stamina system some months ago and now the stone refill overflows your max stamina, you wouldn't be losing too much.

I can't really promise it will be worth it, but just consider the fact that you can do a 50 stone multi and get all R and SR shit, and a few stones here will give you an SSR (even if you spend 10 or 15, it's still a good rate). Also, you'll get a bunch of stones back by reaching tournament thresholds.

I suppose I'll keep going then. I don't mind if I end up like 1-2 stones negitive but I do hope it's not too much.

At win 22 now. Christ this is going to take a while. And I have parties to go to this weekend.

I suppose I'll keep going then. I don't mind if I end up like 1-2 stones negitive but I do hope it's not too much.

At win 22 now. Christ this is going to take a while. And I have parties to go to this weekend.
Just keep track of how many you've used. Also, look at the rewards section to see how many stones you get for reaching certain tiers/wins. There's a point where you get 5 and another point where you get 7, so that's 12 right there. There's also a few DS along the way, so pretty difficult to go negative :p

Just to be clear, there are what? Four AOE characters in this game?

Xeno Trunks
Majin Vegeta
STR Broly
And Turles? Honestly never even seen him come up as a friend option and I don't have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom