• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTYH

So all my DB Saga pulls have been Bacterian so far. 5/6 actually, and I had hime once before. Yay?

Sitting at 17 wins and climbing. I'll farm more tonight, my goal is always at 20k range, let's see what it takes to stay there

Xanru

Just to be clear, there are what? Four AOE characters in this game?

Xeno Trunks
Majin Vegeta
STR Broly
And Turles? Honestly never even seen him come up as a friend option and I don't have him.

There's 3 currently MV, STR Broly, and Xeno. Turles is just the best(or 2nd best) support unit in the game.

So all my DB Saga pulls have been Bacterian so far. 5/6 actually, and I had hime once before. Yay?

Sitting at 17 wins and climbing. I'll farm more tonight, my goal is always at 20k range, let's see what it takes to stay there

I've had two bikini Bulmas, Launch, officer black (reminder that DB is kiiiinda racist lol), dragon thing, and the SSR Goku (not the ape one sadly). I just want general blue and murasaki, man.

Durden77

Just keep track of how many you've used. Also, look at the rewards section to see how many stones you get for reaching certain tiers/wins. There's a point where you get 5 and another point where you get 7, so that's 12 right there. There's also a few DS along the way, so pretty difficult to go negative :p

I already have forgotten how many I've used, but I'd say about 6-7 and I'm only at 23 wins. That's why I'm worried. But I'm pretty much already committed now.

Meneses

Welp, Buuhan and SSG Kaioken Goku banners have leaked, they're probably coming soon and they might even go up at the same time?!

Someone said a few days ago SSBKK was coming the 20th or 21st, I forget. But I have no idea what the source of that was. But if it's leaked, that doesn't seem unlikely.

Kitoro

What makes SSBKK Goku so great for an SV team, out of curiosity? I see it's a 20k attack boost for 10 turns. Does that mean the first 10 turns of every battle, whether he's involved in the turn or not, or only when involved? Does it reset for second forms of bosses and the like?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
He's good because he hits hard as hell and has the major ki links you'd focus any team around. For mono agl he can bridge characters that only have Shocking Speed with ones that only have Over in a Flash for example. The 10 turns count only when he's in and do not reset when a boss fight has multiple forms. They do reset when there are multiple fights on the map (like a stop fight before the boss fight)

Aiii

So not worth it
img_023135uwo.png

Yay....

img_02323yuqo.png

Awwww.

Durden77

I feel like I've been playing forever and I look at my wins....29.

GAWD. This is psychotic. And I have a lot of shit going on this weekend. At this point if I fall short of 80 I'm going to rage.

Savitar

I feel like I've been playing forever and I look at my wins....29.

GAWD. This is psychotic. And I have a lot of shit going on this weekend. At this point if I fall short of 80 I'm going to rage.

If not for the fact:

A. It's been awhile since a WT
B. I've had time off
C. TEQ Gohan is the reward

I would probably be doing a lot less myself.

I'm only playing while watching streams and stuff and I'm only at 23 wins and still going slowly insane. I can't fucking imagine making it to 80 with my sanity intact (or otherwise)

MiTYH

I know I've missed this convo, so real quick, which of the three xmas baba shop characters is the best to get? Was thinking AGL just cause I've got SV, but PHY seems good too

BrunoM

Calling it a day gonna have dinner watch a movie lol

63 wins ranked 1423

See if tomorrow I get the 8p the ot gonna try anything crazy just top 2500 keep an eye on it until Sunday that's it

Savitar

Got my 80 wins and for this I got.........the dokkanable AGI Goku.

I can only compare that to getting Xeno Trunks in the days he was a shitty card.

MisterMac

I know I've missed this convo, so real quick, which of the three xmas baba shop characters is the best to get? Was thinking AGL just cause I've got SV, but PHY seems good too

The Goku can be be fed Gokus from the first GT event, Black Star Dragon Ball Saga. The PHY SSB Goku isn't very good but can be used to raise SSBKK Goku's SSA or any other SSB Goku.

Durden77

If not for the fact:

A. It's been awhile since a WT
B. I've had time off
C. TEQ Gohan is the reward

I would probably be doing a lot less myself.

I'm sitting here hanging out with my girlfriend's family still trying to grind.

I have all of your excuses except the time off too. It doesn't matter. We're pretty much just psychotic. It's ok.

Progress report as there is 1 day left. At 29 wins and about to hit 30. Gonna grind out another 10-15 tonight. 45 would be a good place to stop for the night. Finish the rest tomorrow.

Meneses

I was barely able to play during the first two days due to work, so i'm at 20-something wins.

Definitely not going for 80 this time.

Counting login bonuses, I have a profit of about 13 stones so i'm just gonna take it easy for the rest of the WT. Might get to 30 and, with a bit of luck, 50 wins for those extra 2 and 7 stones.

BrunoM

Went back at it ..

So 80 wins rank 1087

From now on just going to keep an eye on it going for top 2500

From looking at my friends rank seeing those under me it feels like it's gonna be harder to stay at the top 2500 from being in every single WT 15M to 16M has always been enough to be there may need couple extra but good enough

Looking at it feels like I may need to sit at 18 to be sure nothing will Happen

In any case how are you guys doing ? Wins and rank?

Meneses

Yup, I think my days of WT participation might be done, just lost twice in a row at 30 wins due to not paying attention.

Maybe when the new WT comes along i'll get interested again, but i've finally burned out on it. Right now it only highlights how limited and grindy the actual gameplay of this game is (I mean, everything is grindy but this just jacks it up to 11).

LNBL

Im on 59 wins now, gonna try and hit the 80 today. Then ill just makensure i stay in the +10000, maybe 5000 if i can still make myself play

Not even at 30 wins yet but already feeling nothing but resentment for it. I really want to make top 10k but man, I don't know if I have it in me.

I'll warn you it's going to be exhausting. I was in the top 10k again last night at 45 wins and I bet I'm close to slipping out again right now. I'd say make the 80 wins a target and see how bad staying in the top 10k is going to be from there. At the rate it's going it looks like that will be a minimum requirement for being close to the 10k mark.

Durden77

Trying to get these Xmas coin missions while still going for 80 is brutal.

At 35 wins now. Have a party to go to tonight but I'm gonna play while I can and really go in hard tomorrow.

MisterMac

48 wins. Rank 11281. Waiting for stamina to regen to finish match 49 as a makeshift break so I can do other things. God bless Turles Lead friends. Started with maybe 174 stones and I'm at 182 now counting login bonuses with 12 more to come from 50/70 wins. Shouldn't be too bad.

But really it hasn't been too bad. I just throw on a mediocre mindless movie and grind. Play a little GTA online, take my dogs outside and sit on the steps while they run around. Double Aoe helps a lot and I have over 100 King for +1 Ki and I've been using my STR Ki change items for Broly. Gonna shoot to hit 65+ wins before the night is over. Then grind out the last 15 early tomorrow and see what I need to do to stay in the top 10k. I really want that extra GSSR ticket.

An enemy has only even attempted to Super me once and it was vs SSJ3 Vegeta so lol.

Savitar

If you think getting 80 wins is a painful slog, realize upon getting it you just play the first round over and over again until this ends.

You go from YES 80 WINS to oh my god I got to do this for how long?!

If you think getting 80 wins is a painful slog, realize upon getting it you just play the first round over and over again until this ends.

You go from YES 80 WINS to oh my god I got to do this for how long?!

Sounds like a waste of time imo. The SSRs in the banner were amazing back then... now not so much. These 80 wins could be 80 stones you could win and go for the SSR multipull.

Aiii

So not worth it
It isn't half as bad as some of you are making it out to be. You barely have to pay attention to the game and except for the first round they last all of a couple of minutes each. You do twenty a day and you are done. *shrug*

If it really bothers you that much, just don't do it, plenty of other things you can do in the game.

The 80 wins makes me go plus on stones everytime.

So 80 wins definitely do not equate to 80 stones for me

Yeah I'm not feeling like I'm going to be losing any stones along the way. I get another 5 coming soon as well which will carry me through a bunch more runs tonight and I'll squeeze in a level up somewhere along the way. Then 10 from the end you get 7 stones dished out to you. One other major benefit is in a single world tournament I've got more than enough medals for all 6 strike characters to max at 15 and with enough left over to build another team for the Androids when they release.

It's a large time investment where it's best done while watching something else, but it doesn't short change you when you can make a net gain on stones, get tons of medals and items and an SSR. Oh not to mention the much need Kai medals it hands out with it. All of that is before you even get the end of event rewards.

It isn't half as bad as some of you are making it out to be. You barely have to pay attention to the game and except for the first round they last all of a couple of minutes each. You do twenty a day and you are done. *shrug*

If it really bothers you that much, just don't do it, plenty of other things you can do in the game.

that's just like, your opinion, man

20 a day is actual hell to me, even while doing other stuff, it's just so mind-numbing. Still have to pay enough attention that I'm only half-watching whatever I've got on at best. Also didn't you do it all in like a single day? I think we have preeeeetty different standards.

Aiii

So not worth it
Then don't do it. The only difference in standards we have is that I committed myself to grinding it out. If it is actual hell to you, then simply don't go for it.

I mean, twenty a day comes down to somewhere between 90~120 minutes of effort, which you can divide throughout the day. I decided to do it over two days and watch some DS9 in the process, if you don't want to do it, just don't. It's supposed to be a game, not a chore :)

Yeah I'm not feeling like I'm going to be losing any stones along the way. I get another 5 coming soon as well which will carry me through a bunch more runs tonight and I'll squeeze in a level up somewhere along the way. Then 10 from the end you get 7 stones dished out to you. One other major benefit is in a single world tournament I've got more than enough medals for all 6 strike characters to max at 15 and with enough left over to build another team for the Androids when they release.

It's a large time investment where it's best done while watching something else, but it doesn't short change you when you can make a net gain on stones, get tons of medals and items and an SSR. Oh not to mention the much need Kai medals it hands out with it. All of that is before you even get the end of event rewards.

Androids are a pull and just require a shit ton of different medals. There are no fights involved. Same for LR Piccolo. The upcoming Frieza is the only other Prime battle.

I take my time with the tournament and just look at your guy's ranks to see how many points I need to get the WT card reward and what I need to aim for.

This also lets me save a stone or 2 due to natural energy regen happening thanks to the delay I have in waiting the time to finish the tournament instead of 80 wins in 2 or less days.

You get at least 4 and 3/4 free tournaments a day with natural energy since 24 hours and 5 hours for 60 energy.

Durden77

Just got to 40 wins. Kinda feel like I want to vomit blood.

In good news though, I got General Blue and Kami out of the 2 DB tickets I got.

MisterMac

I agree. I sit down and do 5-6 rounds then take a break and go do some other stuff. And 80 wins doesn't equal 80 stones if you have 120 stamina which IMO is the minimum you should have if you are spending stones. With natural regen and 2-3 levels my 80 wins won't even cost me 30 stones and will net me two SSRs. I spent 150 stones to get one SSR last time I was pulling. As for the card selection there are a lot of SSRs on the banner I would be happy to pull. And that's on top of pulling decent DB support cards from those tickets

IMO if you are under rank 210 going for the 80 wins isn't worth it. Just play with your natural stamina and get as many stones and DB tickets and aim to rank high enough that you can get enough silver tickets over two tournaments to do a GSSR summon.

Androids are a pull and just require a shit ton of different medals. There are no fights involved. Same for LR Piccolo. The upcoming Frieza is the only other Prime battle.

I take my time with the tournament and just look at your guy's ranks to see how many points I need to get the WT card reward and what I need to aim for.

This also lets me save a stone or 2 due to natural energy regen happening thanks to the delay I have in waiting the time to finish the tournament instead of 80 wins in 2 or less days.

You get at least 4 and 3/4 free tournaments a day with natural energy since 24 hours and 5 hours for 60 energy.

That's kind of relieving to hear in a way but damn.... That mean we're gonna need to pull the card 20 times through sheer luck? Maxing that card will be a real bitch, but being an AGL unit it would be more useful to my deck than LR Goku.

Savitar

Here's something been wondering, what's up with those Uub's you get. Such a random strange thing to get for reaching a certain amount of wins.

Here's something been wondering, what's up with those Uub's you get. Such a random strange thing to get for reaching a certain amount of wins.

I guessed it's just a different SR each tourney since I never paid it much attention before. Not going to complain about him personally since I need some units to beat the Tao strike so a free SA10 AGL SR is kinda handy for me.

Meneses

So, it seems it's confirmed we'll have SSG Kaioken Goku plus his old TEQ and AGL SSG cards' Dokkan on the 20th, and then Buuhan arriving on the 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom