• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Geez a Japanese player beat the hardest boss rush with a SSJ4 Vegeta-lead team with no items used, but it's not that he opted not to use them, he opted not to bring them.

Geez a Japanese player beat the hardest boss rush with a SSJ4 Vegeta-lead team with no items used, but it's not that he opted not to use them, he opted not to bring them.

The Prince of all Saiyans has returned. Super3 of Boss Rush 2 is insane. What were his units?

BTW, for anyone who wanted to try their luck with some SSJ4 Vegeta rerolled accounts, I have two more laying in wait. :)

HawthorneKitty

The Prince of all Saiyans has returned. Super3 of Boss Rush 2 is insane. What were his units?

BTW, for anyone who wanted to try their luck with some SSJ4 Vegeta rerolled accounts, I have two more laying in wait. :)
SSJ4x2
SV
Whis
GF
Baby Janemba
Janemba

Guess anyone that wants to run future AGL teams should pull on the Heroes banner if we get it.

SSJ4x2
SV
Whis
GF
Baby Janemba
Janemba

Guess anyone that wants to run future AGL teams should pull on the Heroes banner if we get it.

Nice. I wonder how far down the ability system some of his units have gone as well. Good call on the Whis for the heal since it resets every battle as well.

I was gonna say, Baby Janemba doesn't show up on any other banner other than the Heroes one right?

HawthorneKitty

Nice. I wonder how far down the ability system some of his units have gone as well. Good call on the Whis for the heal since it resets every battle as well.

I was gonna say, Baby Janemba doesn't show up on any other banner other than the Heroes one right?
Only his SV was 89% and his own SSJ4 was SA1, Friend was SA10 with maybe around 40~50% probs, but ya, JP only had 1 shot at Heroes units.

Man the Gotenks event is a bitch and a half. How do you even do it without the healing from Super Buu? Even with that I had to use a stone when he had only 1 bar left. I think I'll try an AGI team simply because SV and GF can negate so much damage, even if it means I won't have Buu/Piccolo for the true damage. I hate this event a lot!!!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Man the Gotenks event is a bitch and a half. How do you even do it without the healing from Super Buu? Even with that I had to use a stone when he had only 1 bar left. I think I'll try an AGI team simply because SV and GF can negate so much damage, even if it means I won't have Buu/Piccolo for the true damage. I hate this event a lot!!!

What team were you running when you had to use a stone?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I hear ya. I was having a lot of frustration when I was trying it a week or so ago. I managed to start winning with an Agi SV team after dokanning my SV and tweaking a bit. No piccolos or buus. Here was my team:

Super Vegito
Agi Whis from Villains Strike back - shocking speed link and chance to stun super
Leaping ever higher SS Goku - decent stats, chance to stun stuper
Rampage of Destruction Android 18 - amazing orb changer passive, but mediocre beyond that

The other two are pretty much just filler units as my Agi bench is weak:
SSGSS Vegeta
Hero of love and Justice Saiyaman (total shit but greatly reduces attk super is better than nothing)

Basically I just alternate turns with my vegito+whis on one turn and friend vegito+Goku on the next, hoping for stuns during the SS3 teq phase. I managed to farm up 14 wins over the weekend, but the caveat is I cheat like a mother fucker (restarting the app if I see a fatal super incoming). TBH that isn't even necessary if you are smart about using ushers and yemmas.

What team were you running when you had to use a stone?

First I was using a skinnytenks/godtenks team with Super Buu (who heals 25% of damage done) and Baba Piccolo and some others, but it was severely lacking in damage reduction/stunning, so it pretty much sucks, with Buu's healing being the team's sole saving grace.

Then I did a Gogeta/SV mono Agi team with GF, Whis, TUR Ult Gohan, TUR SSJ Goku, Murasaki, but also had to use a stone, because Gotenks kept going back to SSJ3 after every single STR phase. Overall that team did a lot better because it has damage reduction and 3 stunners (though with a relatively low chance, and it can actually suck sometimes because it can cost you free SV counter damage on the STR phases).

I don't actually have Godtenks, I just wanted to get the medals for Trunks and Goten. I've Dokkaned Goten now, but still need 3 more runs for the Trunks medals, but idk if I'm going to bother. Here's my box, if you have any other suggestions.

I'm not too burned if I only have to use 1 stone to continue, but it was kind of a close call even on those runs.

So can anyone who's beaten SSJ4 Veggie tell me what to expect? I'm wondering if I can maybe beat him without a maxed out team but not sure how rough it's going to be. For reference I'm wrecking SSJ3 Goku and Gogeta, but Black is giving me a spot of bother and seems to break through my defense often enough to be a pain in my ass.

Is the Veggie going to be worth a shot? I'm seeing awakened ones around rank 70 now but that seems like a monumental undertaking when I can't even hold all these units due to team cost.

Aiii

So not worth it
Baba Shop items coming with the new Battle Royal game mode:
47xP1zq.png

- Item to increase team cost.
- Item to increase box space.
- Item to increase stamina.

Shanlei91

First I was using a skinnytenks/godtenks team with Super Buu (who heals 25% of damage done) and Baba Piccolo and some others, but it was severely lacking in damage reduction/stunning, so it pretty much sucks, with Buu's healing being the team's sole saving grace.

Then I did a Gogeta/SV mono Agi team with GF, Whis, TUR Ult Gohan, TUR SSJ Goku, Murasaki, but also had to use a stone, because Gotenks kept going back to SSJ3 after every single STR phase. Overall that team did a lot better because it has damage reduction and 3 stunners (though with a relatively low chance, and it can actually suck sometimes because it can cost you free SV counter damage on the STR phases).

I don't actually have Godtenks, I just wanted to get the medals for Trunks and Goten. I've Dokkaned Goten now, but still need 3 more runs for the Trunks medals, but idk if I'm going to bother. Here's my box, if you have any other suggestions.

I'm not too burned if I only have to use 1 stone to continue, but it was kind of a close call even on those runs.

This might work with a SA10 Buuhan friend:

Gogeta
Sorbet
Int Piccolo
Int Vegito
Int SS Goku (for +2 ki)
AGL Golden Frieza for blocking

Keep Piccolo and Buuhan next to each other for links, serving as your main source of damage. Make sure Sorbet is next to Int SS Goku, always supering on the other turn to keep up the seal.

Palabrah

Thanks for the answers, guess I'm heading into story for a bit.

Does pulls mean multi or single summon?
multi seems better because of the guaranteed sr, but I think the goku animation before a summon means a better chance of getting sr and higher right? So wouldn't 10 single summons give you 10 chances of goku transforming?
Multi are better important

Here's a video to help you rank up quick

https://youtu.be/3jJQjkGJIiU

Shanlei91

Does pulls mean multi or single summon?
multi seems better because of the guaranteed sr, but I think the goku animation before a summon means a better chance of getting sr and higher right? So wouldn't 10 single summons give you 10 chances of goku transforming?

The logic supporting to do single summons is that lets say theoretically you're going to get the card you want, it will be the 7th card you summon. A multi summon means you've wasted 15 more stones on the 3 cards that came after where as if you did singles you could've stopped right there.

I only do multis if there's a promo or I'm feeling lazy.

Gogeta
Sorbet
Int Piccolo
Int Vegito
Int SS Goku (for +2 ki)

Keep Piccolo and Buuhan next to each other for links, serving as your main source of damage. Make sure Sorbet is next to Int SS Goku, always supering on the other turn to keep up the seal.

Thanks, I'll give that a try, I haven't tried an INT team yet for fear of phase 2 wrecking me. Putting GF in there is a good idea tho, and hopefully Gogeta and Buuhan make short work of him regardless.

Also can't wait for the villain/hero leaders, because this mono deck meta is really stifling imo, actually kind of bums me out that we're going back to mono decks with SSJ4 (although Villains-only is still very relevant I believe). It's just really boring and limiting from a team-building aspect.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also can't wait for the villain/hero leaders, because this mono deck meta is really stifling imo, actually kind of bums me out that we're going back to mono decks with SSJ4 (although Villains-only is still very relevant I believe). It's just really boring and limiting from a team-building aspect.

I actually don't mind mono teams that much, the only problem is when there is a big gap in their relative power. Like, an Int mono team is just flat-out much better than physical, and that sucks.

The SSB Vegito lead is basically just a "put all your best units on the same team regardless of color" lead like Gogeta used to be, so while super powerful isn't all that interesting from a team building perspective. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fucking pumped as hell to pull him though.

Cruxist

I actually don't mind mono teams that much, the only problem is when there is a big gap in their relative power. Like, an Int mono team is just flat-out much better than physical, and that sucks.

The SSB Vegito lead is basically just a "put all your best units on the same team regardless of color" lead like Gogeta used to be, so while super powerful isn't all that interesting from a team building perspective. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fucking pumped as hell to pull him though.

Yeah, Mono-PHY is much worse than Mono-AGL. Granted, I think any mono team is pretty solid. AGL is lucky because you can run several top-tier units all on one team and they all link together really well. You can also support more support characters like Golden Frieza and Whis.

Anoregon

Yeah, Mono-PHY is much worse than Mono-AGL. Granted, I think any mono team is pretty solid. AGL is lucky because you can run several top-tier units all on one team and they all link together really well. You can also support more support characters like Golden Frieza and Whis.

I like AGI just because tanks/blockers are so strong in this game and SV on a team with reliable sealing is more or less the best tank in the game. That's why I'm almost as excited for the R Oceanus Shenron coming next week than I am for Omega. At least the chances are good that I will actually get Oceanus in 200+ stones.

I really do want Omega though. My STR units overall are so much stronger than any other color and will only be getting better once teen Gohan's rebirth comes with the str cell.

I like AGI just because tanks/blockers are so strong in this game and SV on a team with reliable sealing is more or less the best tank in the game. That's why I'm almost as excited for the R Oceanus Shenron coming next week than I am for Omega. At least the chances are good that I will actually get Oceanus in 200+ stones.

I really do want Omega though. My STR units overall are so much stronger than any other color and will only be getting better once teen Gohan's rebirth comes with the str cell.

At this point I really wouldn't recommend doing more than one multi on the Omega banner, with the SV Blue and Rose banners coming within 2 months or something like that, as they have those and all the god leads on them. I get the temptation though, I'll probably do a multi on it, at least.

As for rainbow leaders, I think it's somewhat balanced by the fact that their leader skills aren't quite as powerful as the mono leader skills. Like, SV Blue, all else being equal, is strictly worse than SV.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Finally Dokkaned my SSBKK Goku! Heck of a grind, but Godtenks lead made it pretty easy on a per-battle basis.

Took him for a spin in the main quest, and I'm loving the 600k SA's! I think I'll move onto Main Quest stuff for now so I can save up some more DS. Need to decide if I'm going to pull on Omega Shenron or hold off.

Any idea when we'd be seeing the SSB Vegito/Rose banner? I think it'd be about two months based on previous history with JP scheduling, but I'm not too sure. If so, I could probably save up to around 250 DS by then...

Anoregon

Well Omega is on the Rose banner, and I'd be throwing all my stones at the SSB Vegito banner anyway. I'm fine with throwing 200 or so stones at Omega, I'm sure by the time SSB Vegito banner rolls around in 2+ months I'll have enough stones for another few multis.

Gogeta
Sorbet
Int Piccolo
Int Vegito
Int SS Goku (for +2 ki)

Okay so I used this team with some variations twice now and the second time I barely used any items, I think I didn't use a senzu at all. Ended up swapping Sorbet for Bujin (also seals, but also gives +1 ki), swapped Goku for Trunks (don't have Goku awakened) for ki, and Vegito for TEQ Super Buu, who still does work and healing even in this team. It takes kind of a long-ass time and I abuse the hell out of the quit app trick, but it's reasonably safe, with all the healing from the Buus. Only 1 more run and I'm done, unless I pull Gotenks (pls no) or I want to awaken the Androids (not worrying about the final awakening yet, just the first 2, since I can't do some of those anyway).

edit: donezo, killer team. No senzu required. THanks for the suggestion Kanik!

Damn JP keeps getting cool new stuff and here I am, just waiting for the Fusion banner and the Ticket Summon event.

Yeah same here. Waiting for all the good stuff to hit. Playing JP casually but Duel links takes priority. Done Farming SV medals for Androids but I went in vs SSBKK with my AGL team + friend Gotenks. Feels awful wasting that 50 energy and didn't even get past TEQ Goku.

Skii

This is the main problem playing global. There's no real excitement for new banners or events because you're always preparing for the big thing that's currently going on in JP. That's why I switched because half of the enjoyment is getting a surprise banner/gifts and going all out for the new units.

This is the main problem playing global. There's no real excitement for new banners or events because you're always preparing for the big thing that's currently going on in JP. That's why I switched because half of the enjoyment is getting a surprise banner/gifts and going all out for the new units.

While that might be true the annoyance of not being able to read the text and the higher competition in WT makes Global a bit more attractive imho. Plus all the whaling I already did for my Global account lol.

We also get thrown some bones from time to time and get better stuff than JP.

Yeah I just can't deal with the not knowing what anything says in JP. Even if the UI and stuff is obvious, I don't want to google everything. There's not even a basic guide to the JP version of the game afaik, just bits and pieces scattered around. Unless you need everything new, NOW, or the knowledge of what's coming seriously diminishes your enjoyment, there's not really any major downsides to global. People like to shit on it whenever something cool is happening in JP, but from what I've seen, all of that comes over here, too. And sometimes a lot better, like Baba shop units not costing fkn 100k baba points. It's actually good for me because it seriously curbs that "OMG NEW UNIT GOTTA SPEND TONS OF MONEY AND HAVE REGRETS LATER" type of behavior pretty hard, because I know what's coming later down the line, so I can make more informed decisions on what to spend stones on. For me the satisfaction is just building out my box and my teams, and that isn't diminished at all.

Also, the thought of going through the entire story mode again makes me wanna kill myself, SSJ4s or no. And not having any medals, struggling with team cost, etc. It just makes the entire game a boring grind until you level up enough to where you can awaken some units and actually do stuff. That isn't fun, to me. I do have that account that Donkey gave me with SS4 Vegeta if someone wants it, though the rest of the stones yielded mostly junk. Tried to log in just now to generate the code, guess what, maintenance again, lmao. Also not something I miss on global.

Yeah I just can't deal with the not knowing what anything says in JP. Even if the UI and stuff is obvious, I don't want to google everything. There's not even a basic guide to the JP version of the game afaik, just bits and pieces scattered around. Unless you need everything new, NOW, or the knowledge of what's coming seriously diminishes your enjoyment, there's not really any major downsides to global. People like to shit on it whenever something cool is happening in JP, but from what I've seen, all of that comes over here, too. And sometimes a lot better, like Baba shop units not costing fkn 100k baba points. It's actually good for me because it seriously curbs that "OMG NEW UNIT GOTTA SPEND TONS OF MONEY AND HAVE REGRETS LATER" type of behavior pretty hard, because I know what's coming later down the line, so I can make more informed decisions on what to spend stones on. For me the satisfaction is just building out my box and my teams, and that isn't diminished at all.

Also, the thought of going through the entire story mode again makes me wanna kill myself, SSJ4s or no. And not having any medals, struggling with team cost, etc. It just makes the entire game a boring grind until you level up enough to where you can awaken some units and actually do stuff. That isn't fun, to me. I do have that account that Donkey gave me with SS4 Vegeta if someone wants it, though the rest of the stones yielded mostly junk. Tried to log in just now to generate the code, guess what, maintenance again, lmao. Also not something I miss on global.

I'm taking my sweet time farming the stones. Only on world 3 lol. Probably not gonna bother outside of the 150 needed to pull the SS4 Vegeta Banner and then take my sweet time with everything else.

Think I have most of OT2 handled. Just gotta finish up on some extra bits and will add more stuff when I think of it.

Play with mods for funsies?

BrunoM

Baba Shop items coming with the new Battle Royal game mode:
47xP1zq.png
They look just like the items we take for what ever fight/event ...

So the way it looks it's going to be them unlocking one of the Locked item spots amd for said fight u may be able to take extra stamina etc ...

Because if it was just permanent extra stamina let's say it would be AMAZING for the WT ..

But I guess may be as I said tho

Skii

While that might be true the annoyance of not being able to read the text and the higher competition in WT makes Global a bit more attractive imho. Plus all the whaling I already did for my Global account lol.

We also get thrown some bones from time to time and get better stuff than JP.

I can't really think of anything major Global has got over JP aside from that nifty christmas banner. And even then, I think JP's new year banner was just as good.

I used to think the text would be annoying but play global makes it so easy to navigate. And the dokkan reddit is extremely good at translating everything and putting up guides for JP stuff.

Man am I wrong when I say super vegito is a godlike card?
Every time this card shows up I pick it as friend and just have him tank hits so he can counter attack and kill everything

Also his super somehow did 509498 damage to master shen....how does that even happen? Most I've had one of my cards do was 90k.

I also love the phy broly card with the additional attack and ssbkk goku, are these 3 cards exclusive to events?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Every time this card shows up I pick it as friend and just have him tank hits so he can counter attack and kill everything

Also his super somehow did 509498 damage to master shen....how does that even happen? Most I've had one of my cards do was 90k.

I also love the phy broly card with the additional attack and ssbkk goku, are these 3 cards exclusive to events?
Exclusive to Dokkan Festival summon events. Sometimes Dokkan-exclusive characters will show up as part of more than one Banner though.

Those are the gods and demigods, they appear on dokkanfest banners. You need to do the hard Dokkan fights to Awaken them after the Z-Awakening. When you're rocking double god leads, you can easily have one of them Super for over 600-700k with SA10. Super Vegito, Buuhan, Broly and SS3 Gotenks are the gods, with Omega Shenron rounding out the roster soon. SSBKK and TEQ Golden Frieza are demigods.

Play with mods for funsies?

Meh, that totally removes any investment I might have, since it's braindead easy anyway.

Yeah I had a feeling they were exclusive, guess I'll keep a look out when they return.

Also is there a point in dokkan'ing legendary ssj goku? Cause he goes from UR back down to SSR for some reason.
However I did notice that the dokkan has a different name? So you could theoretically put him on a team with another ssj goku right?

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I had a feeling they were exclusive, guess I'll keep a look out when they return.

Also is there a point in dokkan'ing legendary ssj goku? Cause he goes from UR back down to SSR for some reason.
However I did notice that the dokkan has a different name? So you could theoretically put him on a team with another ssj goku right?

Generally when you Dokkan a card, they turn into a better card, sometimes with a different name.

For instance, you can't have two "super saiyan goku" cards on the same team, even if they're different cards. However if you had a "super saiyan goku" and a "super saiyan goku(angel)" card, you'd be fine.

Anyone else still getting the 2nd anniversary summon tickets despite the banner being gone?

Edit: Nevermind, seems my login in ticket was not actually appearing and the banner came back when I got the 20 stam one. Kind of strange, but they just stealth dropped another 30 stones it seems.

Ah nice, they added the other two Baby GT Saiyans in part two of the Baby Saga in JP. They both have +3 Ki unconditional passives to their elements, so they're great batteries for a mono team. Also, ugly Baby Vegeta 1 that becomes a TUR from the farmable Baby Vegeta awhile back.

HawthorneKitty

Ah nice, they added the other two Baby GT Saiyans in part two of the Baby Saga in JP. They both have +3 Ki unconditional passives to their elements, so they're great batteries for a mono team. Also, ugly Baby Vegeta 1 that becomes a TUR from the farmable Baby Vegeta awhile back.
I think you forgot to add that PHY got shafted AGAIN. :p

3 and a half hours to get another 30 stones for my last free multi, seems doable lol. Here is fingers crossed for good cards from Veggie banner in JP. SSB Vegito plz since he would be killer in a Super comp.

Ooooh the Golden Ticket banner was finally nice to me and gave me AGL GF. That puts me one unit from an AGL dream team. Currently at

Veggie SSJ4
SV
SSJ3 Goku
Rose Black
Golden Frieza
the 5 stone AGL SSJ Goku

All I need is to get SSB Goku, Ult Gohan or SSG Goku to fill that last slot and I'll be real happy with that team. Sitting at two away on my strength team as well now. Kinda debating doing a few pulls on the STR banner but I'm probably better off just toughing it out until the next big banner.

Ooooh the Golden Ticket banner was finally nice to me and gave me AGL GF. That puts me one unit from an AGL dream team. Currently at

Veggie SSJ4
SV
SSJ3 Goku
Rose Black
Golden Frieza
the 5 stone AGL SSJ Goku

All I need is to get SSB Goku, Ult Gohan or SSG Goku to fill that last slot and I'll be real happy with that team. Sitting at two away on my strength team as well now. Kinda debating doing a few pulls on the STR banner but I'm probably better off just toughing it out until the next big banner.

Nice! When I have the eventual team cost I'll be running something similar with my mono AGL:

SSJ4
SV
Rose
SSJ3 Goku
SSB Vegeta
SSG Goku

Might sub in AGL Kid Buu somewhere for the health regen, but SSJ4 Vegeta is pretty damn good since his high DEF boosts the HP you regen when collecting your own element orb (if you didn't know that before). While it's not as easy as Buuhan since you can use any Ki orb, the HP regen from an AGL orb with SSJ4 is pretty damn high.

I only got SV, STR SSB Vegeta and the new Trunks from the Goku banner. The rate is also lower than Vegeta's for sure.

Anoregon

Damn, for some reason I thought the SSB Vegeta dokkan event was a lot older (and thus coming to global sooner) than it actually is. It only hit Japan last month?

Anyone know how defense/mitigation is actually calculated in this game? It's super weird, I've used Ox Kings and taken like 100s of damage, where without the Ox King in the exact same situation (by reloading) I've taken like 10k damage. I guess the Ox King 50% is calculated before everything else, but that's still a fairly large discrepancy. I never really paid any attention to units' def stats outside of % mitigation, but units like WT Piccolo do seem to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom