• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

I can't believe I got this on my second summon. I'm like showing my wife "oh that's nice honey" 😕

kh7bKrT.jpg

FrsDvl

Is there really no way to re roll without having to redownload all the data? It's getting kind of annoying! Been trying about 10 times in a row, and get nothing but lame characters.

Permanently A

You'll mainly get N draws with the occasional R. Apparently there's a very very small chance at drawing a SR as well. But expect mainly Ns as upgrade fodder.

it's the lowest of low pulls, for when you need training partners or want to try for a rare with really low odds

You get a dragon stone, no?

Correct. The only reason for completing all difficulties for the Gohan event is a Dragon Stone for clearing Z-Hard.

Well, that and personal satisfaction.

Thanks for your answers everyone. Last one for now: do the harder difficulties on the vegeta mission give a higher drop rate or just do the easiest to preserve stamina?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks for your answers everyone. Last one for now: do the harder difficulties on the vegeta mission give a higher drop rate or just do the easiest to preserve stamina?

The drop rate is supposed to be higher, but noone's sure by how much.

For all we know, it could be something like Normal drops at 1%, Hard at 2%, and Z-Hard at 5%.

Permanently A

For all we know, it could be something like Normal drops at 1%, Hard at 2%, and Z-Hard at 5%.

Yikes. Thanks for the quick reply.

What do I do with all the trash characters I got from friend requesting? They're taking up space, should I sell them?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I swear I get SSJ goku on the draw screen 50% of the time in the first draw (Which HAS to be SR, can't be SSR). And only like 5% of the time on the post tutorial draw

Finally got SR Vegeta after lots of hard runs. Now I'm debating how far I want to take it with the farming...should I try to max Vegeta's super lvl before the event ends?

I could save myself the descent into madness and finish up Gohan while getting further in the story.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Question - my first 3 draws so far -

SR Determined Defender Goku
SR Power Unleashed Android #16
SR Emperor of Iniquity Frieza (1st Form)

Do I stick with this? They don't have synergy but they're all excellent units individually, and at least goku synergizes with the yamcha, tien, and chiaotzu defaults

chrono01

I can't believe I got this on my second summon. I'm like showing my wife "oh that's nice honey" 😕
Congrats man.

Now enjoy the game! Be warned, it's highly addicting.

Seems about right, given my luck.:/

At least I can reliably clear Hard now without items, so that's something?

Finally got the strike Vegeta. Took me all day on hard...
Congrats! The battle continues for me...

XiaNaphryz

What's your party at? I can't quite do it without some luck with the orb layout so my TEQs can put in heavy damage right away.

Question - my first 3 draws so far -

SR Determined Defender Goku
SR Power Unleashed Android #16
SR Emperor of Iniquity Frieza (1st Form)

Do I stick with this? They don't have synergy but they're all excellent units individually, and at least goku synergizes with the yamcha, tien, and chiaotzu defaults

1 AGI, and 2 STRs. Not a bad draw for your first two pulls. Goku will have a bunch of skill links (Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillen, the various Gohans, Chi Chi, Piccolo, Roshi, various Cells, etc). Android 16 has skill links with the other Androids, Gero, and, surprisingly enough, Ginyu. Frieza has a bunch with his cannon fodder minions and Zarbon/Dodoria, but not the Ginyu Force it seems.

Once you've leveled up a bit, you can get a R Kid Gohan TEQ easily enough from the Event. Snagging the R Goku TEQ isn't too hard either, though you can only have one non-Friend Goku in your deck at a time. Useful if you're facing a boss that is strong against AGI types.

Fantomex

Congrats man.

Now enjoy the game! Be warned, it's highly addicting.

Congrats! The battle continues for me...

Thanks! I need an addicting game. Last great game I played before this was Steven Universe.

chrono01

What's your party at? I can't quite do it without some luck with the orb layout so my TEQs can put in heavy damage right away.
It's not super-amazing but it works.

SSR Vegeta [TEQ]
Kid Gohan [TEQ]
Awakened Yamcha [TEQ]
Goku [TEQ]
Awakened Tien [STR]
Chiaotzu [INT]

I usually try to pair with another SSR Vegeta [TEQ], but if not that, a SSR Goku [STR] or another strong TEQ user.

Also, they need to make all "?" areas comet spaces. I swear, 75% of the time I land on one I get damaged.

XiaNaphryz

This is my current squad I've been grinding with to try and get Vegeta:

I can sometimes beat Hard without items, but if I get a bad draw or orb layout and the wrong guy takes a super, I need to heal.

My other decent cards are STR cards (SR Chi Chi, SR Android 16) which are a liability given the weakness to AGI and my first pull (SR Goku AGI) which I swapped out for the TEQ Goku.

Durden77

N9fqGUL.png

I will soon have an army of Android 18's if this keeps up.

And this was after I I fed one to Vegeta. She's like...all I'm getting from rare summons.

k1t4j

Added myself to the Gaf list, started playing yesterday and my team is:

SR GOKU
SR CELL
SR DR. GERO
SR TIEN
R RADITZ

Rank ten, considering spending some money to get try and get some SSR :p

chrono01

Rank ten, considering spending some money to get try and get some SSR :p
If you're going to use Dragon Stones to summon, wait for a Rate-Up Event, unless you really need units now. Even then, given the current content and the fact that you can already get a R Goku/Gohan easily enough, I'd still recommend waiting.

But it's your choice!

k1t4j

If you're going to use Dragon Stones to summon, wait for a Rate-Up Event, unless you really need units now. Even then, given the current content and the fact that you can already get a R Goku/Gohan easily enough, I'd still recommend waiting.

But it's your choice!

Thank you very much for the advice, I will then wait for the Rate up event. Don't need the units and I think I need to rank up if I want to add more people to my party so I will keep grinding that Vegeta event :)

Thanks again Chrono!!

FerranMG

Started playing this yesterday.
Man, is this game confusing!
I've read the OP and the Reddit post, but keep on reading comments from people that I don't understand AT ALL. :p
"Wait to level up the characters with the z-awakening and use them as cannon fodder to fuse them to get extra XP to be able to beat the event and get a SSR Vegeta that doesn´t even link". LOL

Stider

If there is a STR boss event next I will be very happy lol. Just awakened R Android 18 and Tien into SR, so AGI team would be those 2 and SSR Goku and SR Vegeta. Going to try to get enough items and grunts so I can make Vegeta SSR too :)

GeeTeeCee

There's a lot to take in when you first start this game, so many different systems in place compared to the other mobile games I'm used to. I like what I've played so far.

Got Android 18 (yay) and Yamcha (ugh) from my first two summons.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nice nice. How long did it take for you to get your chars at that level? I've been bouncing back and forth between this and a ChiChi/Hercule SR team (they're so underpowered in comparison due to the lack of synergies).
I only downloaded the game on Wednesday or Thursday. I've been playing it a lot since then though, to the detriment of my poor Vault in Fallout Shelter :D

Yaari

I got 2 R's from a 10 friend summon. Pretty cool.

Wonder if we'll get a new SR event when the Vegeta one is gone

Skii

Everyone is getting SR Vegeta except for me :'(

Done another 8 tries so far today and no luck. Tried hard once and just got wrecked even after using all my items.

FerranMG

So I've already rerolled a few times trying to get a decent character combination.

In my last one, I got Frieza 1st form (SR), which looks pretty cool, and then Nappa (R), which sucks.
At want point would you recommend stop rerolling and just start actually playing? :p
I mean, will not getting two SR characters now screw me over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom