• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stider

Damn, 560k to awaken an SR character, will have to farm Hercule some next time around. Can get plenty on awakening items from the daily, have ended up with 13/14 a few times.

Skii

So I've already rerolled a few times trying to get a decent character combination.

In my last one, I got Frieza 1st form (SR), which looks pretty cool, and then Nappa (R), which sucks.
At want point would you recommend stop rerolling and just start actually playing? :p
I mean, will not getting two SR characters now screw me over time?

Well you'll miss out on the Vegeta SR event as it expires tomorrow. It's up to you if you want him (but even then, the odds of getting him in the event a ridiculously low).

FerranMG

Well you'll miss out on the Vegeta SR event as it expires tomorrow. It's up to you if you want him (but even then, the odds of getting him in the event a ridiculously low).

You mean I'll miss out on Vegeta SR because with my current characters I won't be able to beat the event?

Skii

You mean I'll miss out on Vegeta SR because with my current characters I won't be able to beat the event?

No, I mean that rerolling for something decent could take a lot of time - time which can be spent grinding the Vegeta event! The characters you have now are fine as long as you keep Yamcha (which I stupidly didn't) as well as completing the Goku and Gohan events to have three characters who are super effective against Vegeta.

It's up to you though. You could reroll your way to a SSR Vegeta or SSR Goku as you'll struggle massively to pack them at the moment after committing.

FerranMG

No, I mean that rerolling for something decent could take a lot of time - time which can be spent grinding the Vegeta event! The characters you have now are fine as long as you keep Yamcha (which I stupidly didn't) as well as completing the Goku and Gohan events to have three characters who are super effective against Vegeta.

It's up to you though. You could reroll your way to a SSR Vegeta or SSR Goku as you'll struggle massively to pack them at the moment after committing.

Good, thanks!

Haschmich

Neo Member
jhb4u.jpg
I think i've put quite some time into this game...

Shahadan

So apparently the game is unavailable in France for some reason. I'm curious to know why.

Oh well I guess I won't play it then.

Mumups

Well, quest mode has got kind of hard now I'm at SS Vegeta. Completely out of health items so just redoing old stages.

Also, how do you farm kid Gohan? I completed the end stage on hard and never got him again. Do you need to do every stage again for him?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well, quest mode has got kind of hard now I'm at SS Vegeta. Completely out of health items so just redoing old stages.

Also, how do you farm kid Gohan? I completed the end stage on hard and never got him again. Do you need to do every stage again for him?

I did each stage on normal and got him. There are 5 stages.

Haschmich

Neo Member

Just do the last stage on normal, Gohan drops every time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally got SR Vegeta. Only took over a day grinding on Hard. Towards the end I could beat him without items about 75% of the time.

Just need to farm 2 or 3 more Gohans to max out his Special Attack level. Dunno what to do after that. Still have a bunch of the story stuff (I only got far enough to get a set of Dragon Balls). I still have Z-Hard to do for the Vegeta and Gohan events...don't think my team's strong enough for that. I may just redo the story missions I've already done on Hard and get another set of DBs for another wish.

Yaari

So you guys mentioned you can farm Vegeta, so I figured I'd give it another try. Got him again on the first attempt on the second difficulty. Not really fair to some who have been running it all weekend lol.

2 tries, 2 drops.

How do I increase his special ATK?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So you guys mentioned you can farm Vegeta, so I figured I'd give it another try. Got him again on the first attempt on the second difficulty. Not really fair to some who have been running it all weekend lol.

2 tries, 2 drops.

RNGesus has blessed you...at least for this event.

Just train your primary Vegeta with the one you just got, you should see a +1 appear next to his Special Attack.

2 tries, 2 drops.

Thank Super Saiyan God. Feed him to your main SR Vegeta.

2 tries, 2 drops.

I was shocked that I got another SR Vegeta 2 runs after I got my first one. It's nothing compared to your luck though lol, congrats.

I think I will attempt to farm Vegeta tonight and see what comes out of that. My TEC/AGI team is farming semi-decently, sometimes not even using a healing item.

FerranMG

I tried the Vegeta event but got my ass beat by him.
What level should I be to have some chances?

Also, is the game VERY slow for everyone, or just me?
Whatever action I do, I get a loading message (with a picture of a small and faceless Goku that is kinda creepy) that lasts for a few seconds.
Is it maybe trying to connect to the servers, and these are getting hammered?

Whatever action I do, I get a loading message (with a picture of a small and faceless Goku that is kinda creepy) that lasts for a few seconds.

It's pretty quick on my iPhone 6+ with the occasional server lag. What are you running it on?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Might want to check your data connection.

Also The Vegita event is more based on type than level. Put in a green heavy team (lvl 20 or so)and you'll rock him on hard mode.

I'd say you'd be super safe if you were at a point where your regular quest stamina = the event quest stamina that you're trying to attempt. Otherwise if you build a proper deck or have really good characters then you'd probably have an easier time.

Can't say much about the loading though, on wifi it seems to be pretty quick.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally got SR Vegeta. Only took over a day grinding on Hard. Towards the end I could beat him without items about 75% of the time.

Just need to farm 2 or 3 more Gohans to max out his Special Attack level. Dunno what to do after that. Still have a bunch of the story stuff (I only got far enough to get a set of Dragon Balls). I still have Z-Hard to do for the Vegeta and Gohan events...don't think my team's strong enough for that. I may just redo the story missions I've already done on Hard and get another set of DBs for another wish.

What is the max skill level on Gohan? I have him at skill lvl 6 right now.

chrono01

Thank you very much for the advice, I will then wait for the Rate up event. Don't need the units and I think I need to rank up if I want to add more people to my party so I will keep grinding that Vegeta event :)

Thanks again Chrono!!
Not a problem, happy to help! :)

How the hell do ppl have so many SR cards :p
They have luck far greater than I.

Well, they probably also spent their Dragon Stones, which I won't be, since I'mw aiting for a Rate-Up event. I need as much luck as I can get.

I got 2 R's from a 10 friend summon. Pretty cool.

Wonder if we'll get a new SR event when the Vegeta one is gone
Nice. I'm used all of my Friend Points so far and haven't got a single Rare. I see my luck with gatcha games is as amazing as ever.

Everyone is getting SR Vegeta except for me :'(

Done another 8 tries so far today and no luck. Tried hard once and just got wrecked even after using all my items.
I've been farming Hard constantly all day yesterday and then again this morning. Rank-Ups, stamina refreshes, and no drop. I have a feeling I won't get getting him, but I won't give up the fight.

So I've already rerolled a few times trying to get a decent character combination.

In my last one, I got Frieza 1st form (SR), which looks pretty cool, and then Nappa (R), which sucks.
At want point would you recommend stop rerolling and just start actually playing? :p
I mean, will not getting two SR characters now screw me over time?

You don't really need two SR characters, but it definitely helps. I have five double SR accounts that I'll be posting at the end of this post, so if you're interested, you can have one of them. That goes for anyone else here in this topic.

I got SSR Vegeta.

Good God, that Team Leader bonus.
Congrats man!

Anyway, as promised, I have a few double SR accounts I received while re-rolling for my SSR. Just send a me a PM if any of these interest you and I'll send you the transfer code information.

Giveaway1

Exploding Rage Gohan [Kid]
Leader Skill: ATK increased by 25% when HP is 30% or below
Super - Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Cunning Strategy Dr. Gero
Leader Skill: INT Type ATK increased by 25%
Super: Causes huge damage to opponent

Giveaway2

Universal Assassin Mercenary Tao
Leader Skill: AGL Type Ki x2
Super: Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Power Unleashed Android #16
Leader Skill: PHY Type HP and ATK increased by 20%

Giveaway3

Exploding Rage Gohan [Kid]
Leader Skill: ATK increased by 25% when HP is 30% or below
Super - Huge damage and rare chance to knock enemy out

Reckless Rage Dodoria
Leader Skill: TEQ, STR and PHY Type increased by 20%

Giveaway4

Martial Guidance Master Roshi
Leader Skill: AGL Type ATK increased by 25%

Dauntless Runner Android #17
Leader Skill: ATK increased by 15% when HP is 50% or above

Giveaway5

Android Evolution Cell (1st Form)
Leader Skill: AGL Type ATK increased by 25%

Beautiful But Deadly Android #18
Leader Skill: Ki +1 when HP is 50% or above

Permanently A

N = 20
R = 40
SR - 60
SSR - 80
UR [Not yet in-game, but will be available when you Awaken an SSR] - 100

thanks, gotta keep grinding those Rs

is there a guide on how training works anywhere? I was going to just dive in but the "your training partner will disappear after training" scared me

chrono01

thanks, gotta keep grinding those Rs

is there a guide on how training works anywhere? I was going to just dive in but the "your training partner will disappear after training" scared me
What that means your "partner" you choose during training is used as fodder material for your chosen units. So if I chose to train SSR Vegeta and chose two N characters, I would increase Vegeta's experience/level, while losing the two N characters permanently.

Basically, don't choose anything higher than N as your training partner, unless you have an abundance of R and nothing to do with them [the selected character already has Skill Level maximum of 10]. Definitely don't choose SR and above as your training partner, as that would be a massive mistake. >_<

Permanently A

What that means your "partner" you choose during training is used as fodder material for your chosen units. So if I chose to train SSR Vegeta and chose two N characters, I would increase Vegeta's experience/level, while losing the two N characters permanently.

Basically, don't choose anything higher than N as your training partner, unless you have an abundance of R and nothing to do with them [the selected character already has Skill Level maximum of 10]. Definitely don't choose SR and above as your training partner, as that would be a massive mistake. >_<

I see, thanks. So I can feed Yamcha to Gohan? kinky

parasight

Haha I also finally got Vegeta after about 15 runs. Just gonna farm him with my remaining stamina till the event ends. His Leader ability is really amazing for my team since I have like 5 AGI SR guys.

chrono01

I see, thanks. So I can feed Yamcha to Gohan? kinky
You can if you want, but named characters you might want to feed to each other since it increases their skill level. They also turn into R cards when Awakened, so I'd at least keep a copy of the main story characters and Awaken them to R, until you can manage a strong deck of SR units.

Permanently A

You can if you want, but named characters you might want to feed to each other since it increases their skill level. They also turn into R cards when Awakened, so I'd at least keep a copy of the main story characters and Awaken them to R, until you can manage a strong deck of SR units.

Oh ok. So I should feed garbage like Cell Jr. to my SRs right?

Thanks for the tips!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do you reroll I got at master Roshi. Is he good? Also play on a iPhone

Delete the app and reinstall. After the tutorial you will have a 5 stone reward in the mail. Use that to roll for the good roll. (hope for SSR)

The first roll is guaranteed to be SR and nothing but SR. So it doesn't really matter. It is the second roll which people reroll for to get SSR Goku or SSR Vegita.

SkyB

Banned
Delete the app and reinstall. After the tutorial you will have a 5 stone reward in the mail. Use that to roll for the good roll. (hope for SSR)

The first roll is guaranteed to be SR and nothing but SR. So it doesn't really matter. It is the second roll which people reroll for to get SSR Goku or SSR Vegita.
What do you mean second roll I only used 5 stone and got a sr master Roshi. How do I get my second roll for ssr

chrono01

Oh ok. So I should feed garbage like Cell Jr. to my SRs right?

Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, the N Cell Jr. you can fuse away, I've gotten multiple of him. The only time you might want to keep the more...generic characters, are if you really need a unit to fill in that specific type.

Cruxist

This game has been out in Japan a while, right?

I used up 50 dragon stones for the 10x rare re-roll. Should I save them up for some kind of even purchase now, or just go for the 10x roll again?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What do you mean second roll I only used 5 stone and got a sr master Roshi. How do I get my second roll for ssr

The first roll is part of the tutorial. You do it right after the first download and the fight between SSJ Vegita and SSJ Goku. That one is guaranteed SR.
If you didn't get SSR on your 5 stone roll (which is the second roll), then delete and reinstall.

This game has been out in Japan a while, right?

I used up 50 dragon stones for the 10x rare re-roll. Should I save them up for some kind of even purchase now, or just go for the 10x roll again?

I would save for better units and box space. Either an increased SSR rate event or when UR (a step above SSR) gets implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom