• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Doubt it, Resurrection F would have a story event to go with it. My bet is we won't see RoF until the blu ray release.

This is likely our next summon event:

gasha_top_banner_00017.png
HRRRRRRRRNNNNNGGGGGG, dat Trunks!

SSGSS Goku game data was added during the last download/update. Possible Resurrection F event when the SSJ2/Cell even ends tonight? We'll soon see!

Well we know it's Trunks now, but back in August before the first big update I had already found the RoF character files via datamining.

Yup, hopefully! Aside from the RoF cast, there were a bunch of other units that haven't shown up yet as well. Lemme see if I can remember...

RoF
- Golden Frieza
- RoF Goku
- SSGSS Goku
- RoF Vegeta
- SSGSS Vegeta
- Beerus
- Whis
- RoF Tien
- Krillin Cop
- Buff Roshi
- Tagoma
- Shisami
- Sorbet
- Jaco
- Jumpsuit Gohan
- SSJ Jumpsuit Gohan

Then there were units from the Cell Saga like...
- Imperfect Cell
- Perfect Cell
- SSJ2 Gohan with Father/Son Kamehameha

Then others like...
- King Cold
- SSJ2 Goku
- Bardock
- SSJ Bardock
- Bardock's crew

Also, Final Form Freeza and Xeno Trunks had alternate super attacks as well, so I'm guessing alternate SSRs like the current SSJ Goku and Vegeta.

I'm guessing they might link the RoF stuff with the release of the english Blu-Ray next month.

The SSGSS cards I saw added weren't even the ones from the summon event though. I know the at least Goku is only SR. The low cost makes me think he's just a character you can obtain.
That SR SSGSS Goku was from a V-Jump code awhile back. Makes me wonder if we'll see code redemption in global soon.

StMeph

Looks like some native SSRs have been pulled from the character roster available from packs. Don't understand why at all. I'm sure all SSRs are available in Japan including the really old ones.

It probably changes with each event/banner. If that's true, losing SSJ2 Gohan as the only top-tier pull in exchange for NOT being able to pull any of the other low-tiers seems like a pretty decent deal. The only bad SSR left is Trunks (Xeno), and all of the other SSRs are at least decent to good.

Skii

It probably changes with each event/banner. If that's true, losing SSJ2 Gohan as the only top-tier pull in exchange for NOT being able to pull any of the other low-tiers seems like a pretty decent deal. The only bad SSR left is Trunks (Xeno), and all of the other SSRs are at least decent to good.

I don't remember this ever being mentioned before. We also tend to see "bad" SSR pulls crop up on reddit all the time. I don't think its a great deal to take away the best character in the game after only being available for 2 weeks.

Xeno Trunks is better than all the current SS Vegetas and AGL SS1 Goku. His active and passive push him over those guys. That +3 Ki is nice.

And JPN tier list as well.

StMeph

Xeno Trunks is better than all the current SS Vegetas and AGL SS1 Goku. His active and passive push him over those guys. That +3 Ki is nice.

It's not saying much when he's at the very bottom of Tier 3. My personal opinion would demote him to Tier 4 due to poor Link Skills, a weak Leader Skill that's not very likely to be used much, and a Super of only Huge, which is the lowest tier available, and is especially odd since it doesn't include a secondary/debuff effect.

His Passive is the only thing earning him any respect, and that's not enough for T3 material.

Edit: Also, assuming the SSR removal from gacha is true, this is what the current banner would look like:

Tier 1: SSJ Bardock(STR), SSJ2 Goku(AGL)
Tier 2: Perfect Cell(INT), Frieza (Final Form)(TEQ)
Tier 3: Gohan(INT), SSJ Trunks(Adolescence)(INT), Trunks (Xeno)(PHY)

The full current Global list:

Tier 1: SSJ2 Gohan(STR), SSJ Bardock(STR), SSJ2 Goku(AGL)
Tier 2: Perfect Cell(INT), Frieza (Final Form)(TEQ)
Tier 3: Gohan(INT), SSJ Goku(STR), SSJ Trunks(Adolescence)(INT), Piccolo(PHY), Trunks (Xeno)(PHY)
Tier 4: SSJ Vegeta (PHY), SSJ Vegeta (TEQ), SSJ Goku (AGL)

Skii

And JPN tier list as well.

Tier 1
SSJGSSJ Goku(AGL), SSG Goku(AGL), SSJ3 Goku(STR), Beerus(STR), Ultimate Gohan(PHY), Cooler (Final Form)(TEQ), SSJ Gohan (Adolescence)(INT), SSJ2 Gohan(STR), SSJ Bardock(STR), SSJ2 Goku(AGL)

Tier 2
Golden Frieza(INT), Perfect Cell(INT), Boo(Evil)(TEQ), SSJ2 Goku(TEQ), SSJ2 Gohan(AGL), SSJGSSJ Vegeta(AGL), SSJGSSJ Vegeta(STR), Frieza (Final Form)(TEQ), SSJ2 Vegeta(AGL), Kaioken Goku(AGL)

Tier 3
Boo (Pure Evil)(STR), Gohan(INT), Whis(INT), Super Trunks(STR), SSJ Goku(STR), Majin Vegeta(TEQ), SSJ Trunks(Adolescence)(INT), Piccolo(PHY), Boo (Good)(PHY), Trunks (Xeno)(PHY)

Tier 4
SSJ Vegeta (PHY), SSJ Vegeta (TEQ), SSJ Goku (AGL)

Why is your tier list different than the one in the link? It has both SSGSS Vegetas in tier 1. Probably reading it wrong.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is your tier list different than the one in the link? It has both SSGSS Vegetas in tier 1. Probably reading it wrong.

I don't think the tier's actually rank by quality, since my SSJ2 Vegeta has an overal score of 18281 and some pretty awesome abilities and that puts him near the top of the SSR's as far as I can see, even though they rank him tier 2.

Ryu1999

I think its because the Japanese list was recently updated and I think the English list is a translation of an old version (pre-GT summon event)

Skii

I don't think the tier's actually rank by quality, since my SSJ2 Vegeta has an overal score of 18281 and some pretty awesome abilities and that puts him near the top of the SSR's as far as I can see, even though they rank him tier 2.

It looks like he's ranked tier 3 according to the list.

I think its because the Japanese list was recently updated and I think the English list is a translation of an old version (pre-GT summon event)

Interesting though that characters have moved up tiers like SSGSS Vegeta. Since there is no real metagame as this is single player only, it doesn't make sense how. Maybe his passive/leader skill was upgraded/changed in an update.

It's not saying much when he's at the very bottom of Tier 3. My personal opinion would demote him to Tier 4 due to poor Link Skills, a weak Leader Skill that's not very likely to be used much, and a Super of only Huge, which is the lowest tier available, and is especially odd since it doesn't include a secondary/debuff effect.

His Passive is the only thing earning him any respect, and that's not enough for T3 material.

Even though his leader skill is +15%, it's still both HP and ATK for all, which is nice for rainbow teams and teams that don't have good links. Personally, I'm more of a +X Ki person myself, but I can see why he'd be rated above the other 3 (as I have both Xeno and TEQ Vegeta). And those tiers are apparently not ordered in actual ranking, so any one from those tiers is considered better than what's in the tier below.

But not like it matters now anyway since he's been pushed off in the updated tier ranking, lol.

Yeah, I pulled an old list and it's changed since the last JP update.

StMeph

And those tiers are apparently not ordered in actual ranking, so any one from those tiers is considered better than what's in the tier below.

They're somewhat ordered in ranking. The list used to be a numerical ranking before it changed to a tier list to show how character power tended to cluster in brackets. The last listed character is basically the gatekeeper of the tier. Any new character would have to be stronger than SSJ2 Goku (AGI) to belong in Tier 1. Similarly, if I had a choice, I would take any other Tier 3 before I'd take Trunks (Xeno), but I would consider it mostly a wash vs. Tier 4s. So, for me, it's Tier 4.

Especially as the game grows with power creep, Trunks (Xeno)'s rainbow 15% is outclassed by GT Goku's rainbow 20%. Nothing in his kit stays good except for his Passive.

chrono01

I really hope we don't get horrible rates like this for SSGSS Goku, otherwise I'm going to be saving my Dragon Stones for a long time. I can see them doing it too, since Namco Bandai probably knows how many people are waiting for that one so they wouldn't want to give him to us too easily. :/

StMeph

I really hope we don't get horrible rates like this for SSGSS Goku, otherwise I'm going to be saving my Dragon Stones for a long time. I can see them doing it too, since Namco Bandai probably knows how many people are waiting for that one so they wouldn't want to give him to us too easily. :/

I wouldn't expect anything else.

Would they really introduce a true rate-up for the best unit and most anticipated banner event? There's no way they are that generous.

Troedler

Neo Member
... after some months my registration seems to be finally complete . Wow... just wanted to say that... and HI to everybody! Completely captured by this awesome game.

Aurizen

Is there a way to contact the devs lol?

... after some months my registration seems to be finally complete . Wow... just wanted to say that... and HI to everybody! Completely captured by this awesome game.

Welcome, now you're stuck with us in here where most of us will reroll within the next 3 months lol.

Pretty sure the rates will be pure butt. They'll milk all the stones from the ones who are willing to spend on the character before throwing everyone else a bone 2-4 weeks later with a higher rate event. That's just my F2P theory though, we'll see how it plays out heh.

StMeph

Welcome to GAF. We always seem to find a few new people joining in JP gacha-style game threads.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pretty sure the rates will be pure butt. They'll milk all the stones from the ones who are willing to spend on the character before throwing everyone else a bone 2-4 weeks later with a higher rate event. That's just my F2P theory though, we'll see how it plays out heh.

Didn't they end up putting SSGSS Goku out on another banner in the JP game after the first one? Dunno if the second time had a higher rate or not.

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened in global as well.

Didn't they end up putting SSGSS Goku out on another banner in the JP game after the first one? Dunno if the second time had a higher rate or not.

I'm not sure really, they kinda seem all over the place. But I haven't kept tabs on the JP version so I can't say for sure. All I know is that I love what I see when I go to the summon page there instead of here hah.

I'm not even sure if they've always treated their JP customers this well, or if they had crap for rates before what they have currently.

Yeah, it's back on the current one and was just recently on the guaranteed SSR one that just ended.

StMeph

Finally/thankfully got Mystic Mask to 10 on the last day.

So what do I need money for in this game? I've gone thousands of Zenits but there isn't an in-game-money store :|

Mostly awakening. SSR to UR takes about 1.9 million zeni. SR to SSR takes 560k.

Edit: Also training costs, which increases in cost with the level of the character being trained.

I finally have an all SSR team Awakened. But I'm still waiting on getting a natural SSR to get my first UR.

I should be good on getting through Z hard missions now at least. Especially since I have 1 of each type with 2 STRs.

BrunoM

Screenshot_2015-09-12-02-23-37.png

Looks like Pikkon is next ..
Man really.hope he is STR I need some red guys lol only got one good the strike event vegeta

Well come Sunday here we go again hope it drops first try lol
After some looking around turns out he's AGL he is blue .. Nooooo lol I got my full team AGL I need STR I need red dudes lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Screenshot_2015-09-12-02-23-37.png

Looks like Pikkon is next ..
Man really.hope he is STR I need some red guys lol only got one good the strike event vegeta

Well come Sunday here we go again hope it drops first try lol

Mentioned a couple posts up that he's AGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom