• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 re-rolls in JP and gotten one SSR in each :)

Still debating if I want to keep Trunks or keep re-rolling.

hd-frontend2015-09-12g9u7v.png

Haschmich

Neo Member
That Trunks is a natural SR that is already z-awakened. I would reroll for a natural SSR or in case its AGL it would be already awakened to UR (because of the event that is running in JP right now).

Ok now get this. So I decided to download Dokkan JP for fun and see what was waiting for me there. Now, instead of doing the rerolls I decided to go all in on a multipull once I saved up enough. Here is the result:

It turns out my luck is absolute crap no matter what side of the earth I'm on lmao. So the answer to the initial question was, nothing new was waiting for me, I'm totally capable of getting that caliber of card in global as is heh.

Fun facts: The bottom-left Guldo is a dupe, I actually got him in a friend pull an hour before. It was also pre-awakened.
If I got a Recoome, I would have obtained the entire Ginyu Force in one pull.

Downloaded the Japan version on my phone and on the third try I managed to get a UR Super Saiyan God Goku, along with an SR Frieza and an SSR awakened Yamcha.

I'll take that.

Although, on my first try I got a dead Goku (with Halo) as a gift, but as of yet do not have it on this file. Any idea why that is?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just taking a while to do it. Cool beans.

Downloaded the Japan version on my phone and on the third try I managed to get a UR Super Saiyan God Goku, along with an SR Frieza and an SSR awakened Yamcha.

I'll take that.

Although, on my first try I got a dead Goku (with Halo) as a gift, but as of yet do not have it on this file. Any idea why that is?

Damn lucky you. I've been re-rolling all day and pretty much got nothing >.<

chrono01

I'll take that.

Nice job, congrats! Yeah, you're definitely set.

Permanently A

Wow Pikkon just dropped my first Hard run. Cool!

On Z-Hard make sure to take the path with King Cold. Just like Tao in Piccolo Jr. event King Cold can drop.

Seriously, he fights every turn and his specials hit for 28k on TEQ's?

That's just not fair.

Thats a dumb thing I noticed about some of the enemy bosses. All of a sudden they do a shit ton of damage even vs the type they are supposed to be weak against.

At least I have Chaotzu SR who lowers AGL attack by 25% so that saves me a bit of trouble. Just need to train Might Mask since his stats are better than the TEQ Trunks I have on me.

Waaaah, why is no one using their +3 Ki leaders? :S At least I got the bastard to drop already.

Anyway, here's the shot I was talking about.

eGw0p9Yl.jpg

Skii

Rerolled for UR Kid Boo yesterday. not sure if it's worth keeping when I really just want either god goku

I'd say keep rerolling during this AGL rate up. You have a much higher chance of getting either God Goku or God Vegeta which would give you a top 5 character!

Ok now get this. So I decided to download Dokkan JP for fun and see what was waiting for me there. Now, instead of doing the rerolls I decided to go all in on a multipull once I saved up enough. Here is the result:

It turns out my luck is absolute crap no matter what side of the earth I'm on lmao. So the answer to the initial question was, nothing new was waiting for me, I'm totally capable of getting that caliber of card in global as is heh.

Fun facts: The bottom-left Guldo is a dupe, I actually got him in a friend pull an hour before. It was also pre-awakened.
If I got a Recoome, I would have obtained the entire Ginyu Force in one pull.

I think multipulls are bad during this current banner. If Goku has gold hair in the multipull, it means its impossible for you to get an UR as gold hair only means guaranteed SR with chance of SSR. I don't know why the gold hair applies for the whole pull but people who've been rerolling loads and spending stones have deduced that bit of info.

Waaaah, why is no one using their +3 Ki leaders? :S At least I got the bastard to drop already.

Anyway, here's the shot I was talking about.

eGw0p9Yl.jpg

Looks like something out of Dragon Ball Super :p

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh god I need that Freeza on the map so much more than I need Pikkon

Should I just run the event on hard since I don't care as much about Pikkon? Currently can't beat him w/o items. I wonder if the drop rate for the other characters go up as difficulty increases

I wonder if he even drops

GKFinns

Pikkon is super hard on Z Hard without tons of items.

Is there a point to fighting the Ginyu Force and Frieza? And does that point increase in relevance based on difficulty?

Basically, will farming it on Hard be just as acceptable (though take longer) rather than on Z Hard?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I made two green teams to deal with Pikkon on Z-Hard.

Mighty Mask as leader when I have a friend also using a +3 ki leader. Multiple perfects in a row means I only need to use two items.

Chilled as leader when I have a friend also using -20% AGI atk character as leader. Pikkon's super only deals 2k and I don't have to use any items since Dr. Giro's energy absorption heals through it. This is easy mode.

linkent

Just in time for Pikkon :D
Drop rate definitely below 10%
Got him to lvl 4 previous events and max him this time.
Think he is the only Extreme Damage farmable currently.

Double chilled = Pikkon without item.

Permanently A

Waaaah, why is no one using their +3 Ki leaders? :S

I was planning to use my Jackie Chun but Pikkon just shits out way too much damage! The +3 strategy ended up costing me too many healing items. The double Chilled strategy is a lot easier to manage.

Just in time for Pikkon :D
Drop rate definitely below 10%
Got him to lvl 4 previous events and max him this time.
Think he is the only Extreme Damage farmable currently.

Double chilled = Pikkon without item.

Grats on your achievement dude!

I think multipulls are bad during this current banner. If Goku has gold hair in the multipull, it means its impossible for you to get an UR as gold hair only means guaranteed SR with chance of SSR. I don't know why the gold hair applies for the whole pull but people who've been rerolling loads and spending stones have deduced that bit of info.

Ah damn, well good to know! I'll just take it as a sign and keep my efforts focused on the english version, I'm sure we'll be caught up someday anyways.

Also wtf Pikkon, his first super always hits for 15k-25k, 15 if it's double chilled. But yeah, as much as I'm a fan of the ki+6 leader combos...I'm going double chilled here. With TEQ Dr. Gero, the damage absorption and reductions pretty much neuters Pikkon.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got 2 more Frieza drops in the Bardock event yesterday. I should try getting for Chilleds at some point.

Also got Pikkon on my first Z-hard drop. Does around 20-25k damage specials against EX-TEQ chars, less against S-TEQ chars (I think it was just 15k, but I think I may have hit him with a Super that reduced his attack? Can't remember). That's with using Chilled as leader, gonna need to try and use a Friend slot on another one.

Anyone know if any of the Ginyuus or that Frieza on Z-Hsrd are droppable?

Been lucky and got Pikkon to super lvl 5. Switched Chilled to Android 17 as he decreases AGL to 25% vs 20% with Chilled... plus I forgot I had him! xD

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Any time I switch from my UR to a non-UR, I start bleeding friends. It seems people only look at the rarity of a card, and not the actual benefit he/she provides. :/
They aren't worth having s friends, honestly.
My whole friends list has at least one UR; half of them have switched to Chilled/+3 Ki and are the ones worth keeping.

chrono01

They aren't worth having s friends, honestly.
My whole friends list has at least one UR; half of them have switched to Chilled/+3 Ki and are the ones worth keeping.
Yeah, I switched from my UR to Chilled. If they want to remove me, well...they can. My UR was a TEQ-type, but it's so much better having Chilled to cut down on the damage Pikkon does.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
thx! AGI Frieza is actually my most wanted as we can Dokkan him, but really all i get is Bardocks. And when he spawned in Futile but didnt drop is really disheartening..
Do you farm him at last mission?

Yep. At least it's just a straight line to him, and the Bardock drops can be used as upgrade fodder once you have one at super level 10.

Pikkon drop rate for me so far on Z-Hard has been something around 2/12.

For the friends thing, it depends on what that person is doing. Like if you are leveling up one of your characters then I'm inclined to remove you. Simply because I'm trying to get through Z hard story mode and I need Z awakened partners and not one of the unawakened characters you are trying to level up. If you wanna farm Pikkon, you want the chilled/TEQ friends.

There is no obligation to keep anyone and most people accept friend requests most of the time so you can get back friends really fast.

Are they purposefully holding back content from the JP version of the game to the one available in NA?

I guess what I mean is, is this a situation where we can pretty much never expect anything from the Majin Buu and Dragonball Super eras?

pmx7

Neo Member
I really want that STR First Form Frieza so I'll keep you guys updated if it's droppable.

Also have my SSR Super Atk Lvl 10 Mighty Mask set as leader if anyone needs a new friend to help farm.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Are they purposefully holding back content from the JP version of the game to the one available in NA?

I guess what I mean is, is this a situation where we can pretty much never expect anything from the Majin Buu and Dragonball Super eras?
It's called progression, don't worry.

Aiii

So not worth it

How do you even reach this conclusion? Global has been getting new content weekly ever since it launched. Did you think the Japan game launched with all the content it has now?

It'll come.

JP is like 6 months ahead of global first off.

Plus you have to get through the Garlic Jr. saga and driving school missions first before Buu. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom