• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikkon's drop rate in hard is ass... Short the Kat two days farming and gotten nothing... Going back to trying to farm agl frieza for now since the timer is ticking there.

GKFinns

Man, running two Chilled or a Chilled and a TEQ a Android 17 is the best for Pikkon. So powerful that I've wondered, what are the equivalents for the other types? (20-25% damage reduction)

StMeph

Man, running two Chilled or a Chilled and a TEQ a Android 17 is the best for Pikkon. So powerful that I've wondered, what are the equivalents for the other types? (20-25% damage reduction)

It's a bug/exploit that will eventually be fixed in a future update, though it's not known when it will finally be patched out.

Yeah, it's a bug that pretty much makes it 40-45% dmg reduction each. I remember Jeice and SR Dr. Gero are damage reducers too. But Chilled will probably be the easiest one to get/access since it's a relatively easy reward from the current story quest. If my friend list would just stock him 100% then I'd be able to neuter Pikkon/Frieza on a regular basis for farming.

pmx7

Neo Member
I missed out on the guaranteed TEQ Chilled and AGL Frieza first time around, they're not in the mission list anymore to collect...does that mean they're solely random drops now?

Has there been any news regarding the next content drop for global? Kind of waiting on something worthwhile and my JPN account is just hurling free SR's at me so making it an easy choice to stick to that one.

StMeph

It needs to be canon.

itsstillrealtomedammit.gif

All I really want now is a Supreme Kai medal. Are there any other guaranteed medals aside from random/special event giveaways or the 30-day login mission? Are there other login bonus medals?

...that and a TEQ Frieza (3rd Form) so I can assemble the 6 faces of Frieza.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Freeza is pretty easy to grind for on Z-hard with a double Chilled team. If only his drop rate was better. I'm like 2 for 18 right now.

I'll go back for Pikkon after the Bardock event ends. Still only have 2 drops there.

Also need to grind for more common medals. Ugh, too much to do.

linkent

Freeza is pretty easy to grind for on Z-hard with a double Chilled team. If only his drop rate was better. I'm like 2 for 18 right now.

I'll go back for Pikkon after the Bardock event ends. Still only have 2 drops there.

Also need to grind for more common medals. Ugh, too much to do.

2/18 is crazy good! I am at 0/16 now :'(

XiaNaphryz

Freeza or Pikkon?

Because I would love to get that SR Freeza...

Oh, and I'm at 12 runs on Z Hard, only one Pikkon.

Freeza in the Bardock missions.

I'm guessing the ideal is to have 20 Freezas to max out Super Levels, one to Dokkan awaken and the other for the card itself? Does super level carry over after Dokkan awakening?

XiaNaphryz

Pikkon attacks like this: insane nuke super, then alternates regular attack & regular super

Run double Chilled if you have him, or use the Ox King or Baba items to shut down his first attack.

And try to defend with a S-TEQ. EX-TEQ can defend as well, but will take slightly more damage due to the S-AGL matchup.

linkent

Freeza in the Bardock missions.

I'm guessing the ideal is to have 20 Freezas to max out Super Levels, one to Dokkan awaken and the other for the card itself? Does super level carry over after Dokkan awakening?
10 is crazy enough, 20 is insane..
You will keep the super level after Dokkan.
I think there will be another version of AGI Frieza which is farmable.
So keep your sanity and farm 10 unless you really have no other mission to do.

XiaNaphryz

10 is crazy enough, 20 is insane..
You will keep the super level after Dokkan.
I think there will be another version of AGI Frieza which is farmable.
So keep your sanity and farm 10 unless you really have no other mission to do.

I know it's highly unlikely, but farming Freeza on Z-Hard without items is the easiest thing at the moment as opposed to Chilled, Kid Vegeta, or Pikkon. If I don't see another Chilled pop up on the friend list, I just switch to do a normal Awakening mission and check the Freeza mission again and hope for a better friend draw.

I plan on doing that until the Bardock event ends, then focusing on Pikkon farming until that ends. Though I will use Friday to farm for common medals at least.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I've dubbed Pikkon's super to Dick Shoot.

eGw0p9Yl.jpg

Bakoon

How do you even reach this conclusion? Global has been getting new content weekly ever since it launched. Did you think the Japan game launched with all the content it has now?

It'll come.

How can you not, with how Dragonball has been treated in the US in the past? Where's the rest of Kai?

Just browsing the last few pages of this thread there are scads of things not yet in the global version.

's OK, though, I just created JP apple ID and got the better version of the game.

XiaNaphryz

Just browsing the last few pages of this thread there are scads of things not yet in the global version.

Well, global is several months behind. I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff you're seeing now in the Japanese game make it here in the US once we get to that point in the release schedule.

Most of these games do the same thing if the Japanese release was done a lot farther ahead, i.e. Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Some events may have some slight changes in release schedule order, but is mostly the same as the Japanese schedule. Are you suggesting the global version should just jump to be completely in sync with the Japanese release and skip a bunch of events?

Shanlei91

Well, global is several months behind. I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff you're seeing now in the Japanese game make it here in the US once we get to that point in the release schedule.

Most of these games do the same thing if the Japanese release was done a lot farther ahead, i.e. Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Some events may have some slight changes in release schedule order, but is mostly the same as the Japanese schedule. Are you suggesting the global version should just jump to be completely in sync with the Japanese release and skip a bunch of events?

From a business standpoint it makes sense to drag us along at the same rate and try to get as much money as possible. Why bother paying to try to get Cell if you can get a God Goku? The average player probably has no idea God Goku is even coming. So they run the chance of getting that same person to pay money for cell and then God Goku. As result, it makes sense for us to not get all the content that's already out and instead hang a carrot.

Albeit, their pricing scheme is beyond stupid. >_>

XiaNaphryz

Albeit, their pricing scheme is beyond stupid. >_>

Agreed there.

I've been lucky overall on summon draws so I haven't paid anything yet. Still have half of Hard and all of Z-Hard in the story to get more stones as well, so hopefully I'll be okay for a while.

Shanlei91

Agreed there.

I've been lucky overall on summon draws so I haven't paid anything yet. Still have half of Hard and all of Z-Hard in the story to get more stones as well, so hopefully I'll be okay for a while.

I'm collecting stones like a squirrel with acorns. I would like to give them money for giving me a game I've enjoyed, but their pricing scheme is awful. There would have to be a half-off sale for me to even consider. I'd rather buy Xenoverse multiple times.

Doesn't help that my pulls have all been awful - don't own a single natural SSR.

StMeph

The pricing for gacha games seems to be standardized across the genre.

I'm not sure who started it, but PAD certainly cemented it. And all of the follow ups, from Monster Strike to the later established-IP versions like Record Keeper or Treasure Cruise (and now Dokkan Battle) have basically maintained identical pricing/schemes.

One of those general unstated rules are no sales on in-game premium currency, though there may be discounts for pulls. The only way to get discounts on currency is through a discount on gift cards or credit for iTunes/Google Play.

XiaNaphryz

One of those general unstated rules are no sales on in-game premium currency, though there may be discounts for pulls.

Yeah, that's the Record Keeper approach. They do a "first pull discount" for their real-money currency whenever a new banner is up.

Skii

Got Pikkon first try on hard. Not bothered grinding him as my team is way underleveled. Can't even get Kid Vegeta.

Got Pikkon first try on hard. Not bothered grinding him as my team is way underleveled. Can't even get Kid Vegeta.

Mean while, 40 hard runs and no pikkon for me... Not that my frieza runs are doing any better... All of my luck is gone apparently. Oh well at least I have 2 natural ssr's (4th form frieza, ssj int gohan)

Shanlei91

Mean while, 40 hard runs and no pikkon for me... Not that my frieza runs are doing any better... All of my luck is gone apparently. Oh well at least I have 2 natural ssr's (4th form frieza, ssj int gohan)

Do you have Chilled? Chilled + Android 17 as a friend makes Pikkon ridiculously easy on Z-Hard; and he drops about 1/4th of the time on there.

XiaNaphryz

Do you have Chilled? Chilled + Android 17 as a friend makes Pikkon ridiculously easy on Z-Hard; and he drops about 1/4th of the time on there.

I dunno about 25%. Definitely closer to 10% for me so far, but then again some people are having a lot more RNG luck.

BrunoM

Just had another 6 runs on zhard and not a single drop 0/16 holy fuck
That together with my first 12 hard runs putse at 0/28 that's bad lol

Gonna keep going zhard but running low on dendes and beans be a use people can't set chil or 17 as their leaders they want URs lol ..

Lost 4 frie D's today because I have child as my leader lol

chrono01

I have to stop trying to go Pikkon without AGL-reducing leaders. He hits way too hard without them.

Edit: Another four runs, no drop. That makes about 1/20. :/

So Pikkon hit my level 80 Kid Goku with my team at full hp at roughly 490000 rounded up by like 100 with 501000 damage. WTF he isn't even TEQ, he does base 100000 to TEQ types too and thats with King Yama nerfing his damage.

Like I'm stunned at the damage he did to 1 shot my entire team. Thats some BS. That turn I didn't have any TEQs but Kid Goku had the highest defense and he is Super type too. I don't wanna burn support items if he is gonna be this broken character that requires damage reduction so much when he is just a SR at best. Pretty salty about this >.<

pmx7

Neo Member
So Pikkon hit my level 80 Kid Goku with my team at full hp at roughly 490000 rounded up by like 100 with 501000 damage. WTF he isn't even TEQ, he does base 100000 to TEQ types too and thats with King Yama nerfing his damage.

Like I'm stunned at the damage he did to 1 shot my entire team. Thats some BS. That turn I didn't have any TEQs but Kid Goku had the highest defense and he is Super type too. I don't wanna burn support items if he is gonna be this broken character that requires damage reduction so much when he is just a SR at best. Pretty salty about this >.<

Only way I can beat him on Z-Hard is with a full awakened TEQ team and using about 4-5 items per run. I got him to drop once. Don't think it's worth farming more for just an SR.

Only way I can beat him on Z-Hard is with a full awakened TEQ team and using about 4-5 items per run. I got him to drop once. Don't think it's worth farming more for just an SR.

I have TEQs but not a whole team of them. :( Only 1 is awakened and thats regular Trunks. At most I can have 2 awakened TEQs with a friend and about 3 more regular TEQs.

Guess I'm skipping Pikkon this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom