• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Aye! Done farming my Pikkons.

My drop rates were around 1/3 Z-hard runs.

I'm going to have to go back to wayward champion again to farm senzus.

Had to use one every run.

Pikkon refuses to drop, agl frieza refuses to drop... Pikkon I've given up on.... at least frieza is dropping a ton of zenny, experience, and fodder bardocks when he's not giving me what I want.

SDCK5ou.jpg

.... Level 10 super bardok, 10 bardocks in my inventory... Another 20+ used as fodder for training, another 10+ sold because why not.... Zero frieza. I just want one!

SeZMehK

Well, as I posted on reddit, I finally finished with a SA 10 Pikkon however still not a single King Cold. I just want one! >.>

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, as I posted on reddit, I finally finished with a SA 10 Pikkon however still not a single King Cold. I just want one! >.>

My King Cold is super level 7 from last time. I want a few more also, no drops so far for me either. Just 2 Pikkons also.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I've been lucky with Pikkons, currently at 7. But not a single King Cold...and that PHY jerk is the only reason I need to use any items.

So after 70+ runs I have determined that the game is wrong. AGL Frieza does not drop, anyone who says they have gotten him to drop is a dirty liar, and that I hate this game.

*sobs*

Also the most damage I've inflicted on anyone...

FN2HD12.jpg

Someone's UR frieza (next to my non UR yet one) with a 30% teq item on AGL frieza.

Lupercal

Banned
Badass is the last word I'd ever use to refer to a team with Yamcha on it.

tWR95ip.png

Teaming Chilled with Android 17 or another Chilled is the only reason I'm doing well.

Hmmm, my Teq team looks the same only Nappa for Gohan.
Still Pikkon hits for 28k on an awakened SR even with a double Chilled boost.

Lupercal

Banned
Badass is the last word I'd ever use to refer to a team with Yamcha on it.

tWR95ip.png

Teaming Chilled with Android 17 or another Chilled is the only reason I'm doing well.

XiaNaphryz

That should only be for the first super. The other super attacks should be at least 10-13k less than that with a double Chilled setup, assuming a S-TEQ defender.

My TEQ team isn't top tier either (EX-TEQ SSR Chilled, S-TEQ SSR Mighty Mask, S-TEQ SSR Jackie Chun, S-TEQ SR Gohan, S-TEQ SR Goku, S-TEQ SR Chaotzu), and I usually have to at least use some energy drinks to get through a Pikkon fight on Z-Hard. If I'm particularly unlucky with orbs (meaning below average DPS in the fight) or am also trying to farm King Cold (meaning I'll swap 2 of that team for STR UR SSJ2 Gohan and STR SSR Imperfect Cell, again meaning lower DPS in the fight), I almost always have to use the better energy drinks and at least 1 higher level healing item to win.

bjork

Which mission gives the best experience?

I don't know if it's the best, but running the Dr. Gero mission in the Red Ribbon questline gives you a change to fight Satan and Gero, and on Hard I think it gives like 5-6000 rank exp each time, plus Satan gives about 40,000 zeni. It's what I run when I'm watching something else or whatever, to slowly grind for my rank and my dudes without having to worry too much about items or anything.

Shanlei91

Really, 28k?! On double Chilled for me he hits 14-16k on his first super and then 1-2k on normal attacks and 3-4k on supers.

If King Cold gives me enough trouble prior, I'll use an Ox King before Pikkon's first super which brings down that first slap to 4k. Are you making sure he hits your guys who have the highest defense?

Which mission gives the best experience?

For Rank XP I like Wayward Champion in the "Unknown Saiyans" category on Z-Hard. About 12k rank xp, takes about 5 minutes to finish and the enemies have HP as if it were Hard. Super easy to do with a ragtag group of Int characters.

SeZMehK

Really, 28k?! On double Chilled for me he hits 14-16k on his first super and then 1-2k on normal attacks and 3-4k on supers.

If King Cold gives me enough trouble prior, I'll use an Ox King before Pikkon's first super which brings down that first slap to 4k. Are you making sure he hits your guys who have the highest defense?

For Rank XP I like Wayward Champion in the "Unknown Saiyans" category on Z-Hard. About 12k rank xp, takes about 5 minutes to finish and the enemies have HP as if it were Hard. Super easy to do with a ragtag group of Int characters.

Its atleast 13k rank exp and not only that, the added bonus of getting senzu beans! :D

StMeph

The very last mission in the Terror Strikes group where you fight SS Gohan. 18k.

That does seem to be the absolute best, but Gohan isn't as much of a pushover as Shugesh or Jackie Chun.

The Wayward Champion (Jackie Chun) if you have a good INT team. Doesn't need to be awakened. Shortest path to boss.

The Wayward Invader (Shugesh) if you have a good STR team. Doesn't need to be awakened. Have to navigate a bit.

Enter the Savior?! (SSJ Gohan) if you have a strong Z-Awakened PHY team.

linkent

So after 70+ runs I have determined that the game is wrong. AGL Frieza does not drop, anyone who says they have gotten him to drop is a dirty liar, and that I hate this game.

After running around those many times too with no AGI Frieza drop, but on this last day, i finally get 1!
8 more to go! dont give up!
maybe we can get 1 every time this event come up, so another 8 events to go :D

After running around those many times too with no AGI Frieza drop, but on this last day, i finally get 1!

Just an hour left in the event and nothing... I give up, I'm going to get some sleep... See you next time space cowboy!

linkent

Is there any chance that we will be able to increase goku super attack in the future?
If not, then we should awaken him now..

Yay, Dokkan Awakened and then awakened to SSR. :)

Is there any chance that we will be able to increase goku super attack in the future?
If not, then we should awaken him now..
Well, in the JP version, the Goku event came back and he was farmable, but he got awakened to SR SS Goku. This makes me think that SS Goku will be a giveaway for some future event as Angel Goku was for their 20 million download celebration.

And it's hilarious how he's awakened to be his deceased version. XD

I found him overall to be pretty weak, I replaced him with stronger characters from summons rather quickly.

He's still a very good starter unit/leader all things considered.

Shanlei91

I immediately Dokkan'd my goku this morning and saw he was AGL. "Crap" I thought, him linking with Gohan was great for farming Pikkon. Then I notice...

jwrpJKO.png
cnpkt8b.png

I had trained one into another so I already had 10. Woops. No more dick punting, yay!

XiaNaphryz

I ended up with 4 total (got another drop yesterday afternoon) to go along with the first one I got when the event first hit. So I'll probably level up my main one with 3 of them and keep the other spare.

EDIT: Anyone else waiting on the dokkan awakening thing? I'm fine AGL wise and need TEQ more at the moment, and if we do get the dokkan awaken to SSJ Goku later on I'd rather wait for that.

KRoTH

Neo Member
How do I get Goku medals?

I thought that it will be in the old Goku event but when I try it in every difficulty (I've already completed them), there's no chance to fight against him.

XiaNaphryz

How do I get Goku medals?

I thought that it will be in the old Goku event but when I try it in every difficulty (I've already completed them), there's no chance to fight against him.

Apparently Wayward Champ on Z-Hard (11-3) has a good drop rate for them.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is there a reason dokkan awakened goku is weaker than the standard card? Seems like a waste of time to awaken him.

Because Dokkan Awakening results in a level 1 card, only super attack level is inheritted from the original.

In most cases you get a base (S)SR for awaking an (awakened) (S)R card, so that's where the value is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom