• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I don't know why it doesn't show on the dbz space, but many of my cards are UR but they don't show.

I think they mean natural UR. Once you Dokkan them, they are UR at lvl 1 (not SSR).

Considering your cards, you have a lot of fun dokkan events to do. I'd practice on those to dokkan all of your fun new cards (looks like you have the makings of a good STR team and AGL team). Dokkan your good cards, and then maybe work on your Android 17&18 card too. All that practice with the "easier" (some not so easy) dokkan events will prepare you for the harder Super and Super2 events.

Khansolo1

Holy shit!!!
SSJ4 Vegeta
Golden Frieza-int
Ssj4 Goku dupe
Goku Black

Now what do I do with these dupes?
I have 2 extra Super baby 2's
An extra ssj4 goku
An extra SS3 goku
An extra phy syn shenron
An extra beerus
3 extra Mr. buu's
3 extra coolers
One extra super Saiyan Vegeta
Two extra str first form frieza
One extra second form cell
One extra STR 2nd form frieza
One extra buuhan

RedSnake

So...a hero team is better than a villain/mixed team for SS4 Vegeta right?

I don't know if I should get SS3 Goku or Buuhan (maybe Gohan?) with a possible blue stone if that's he case.

Also, what's he better team for SS4 Vegeta lead?

SS4 Vegeta
SSGKK Goku
Ultimate Gohan
Super Vegetto
SSB Vegeta
SS3 Goku

or should I use GF, Kid buu and Oceanus Shenron on some of those spots?

Edi: One more thing. I guess Evasion is better than combo on VB right?

L Thammy

Dokkan events are taunting me. I can often beat up to Z-hard on the first stage but never the second. I'm also out of Supreme / Old Kai awakening medals and I need a bunch of them; I don't have a team that's 100% Z-awakened.

Fox1304

Awakened goku ssj4. sA lvl 10 and he hits so hard only at level 84...
Event was easy as a full AGL once the first stage was done.

Dokkan events are taunting me. I can often beat up to Z-hard on the first stage but never the second. I'm also out of Supreme / Old Kai awakening medals and I need a bunch of them; I don't have a team that's 100% Z-awakened.

Make sure to do an awakening medal stage on saturday and sunday each - there's a weekly mission for them that gives 2 supreme and 2 elder kais.

Also SS4 Goku just hit for almost a million at SA2 linked with SS3 Goku on a Broly-led team lol. This STR team is gonna be fuuuuuuun

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Edi: One more thing. I guess Evasion is better than combo on VB right?

Evasion is pretty interesting on VB and SV, because they do counter after an evasion, but you're only gonna get a 6% chance out of 2 dupe paths unlocked. Whereas picking additional attack instead will give you a 12% chance increase.

Durden77

So I lied and I DID do the 30 stone pull on the Goku banner.

Got INT SSG Goku (dupe, dunno what to do wih it)
The old SSR INT SSJ Trunks (also dupe, baba'd)
PHY Goku Black!

Good pull! And as odd as it sounds I'm kind of glad I didn't get SSJ4 Goku. Black is much better for the types of teams I wanna make, he'll be great on my extreme team. And plus I don't have to use Kais on him!

Damn, now I have Goku Black, PHY Broly (100% in dupe system), FP Frieza from the stone, Syn Shenron, Kid Buu.....I feel like I may should actually go for Cooler when he comes now. I still want Super 17 more though.

Keeping the rest of my stones though. As tempting as that free multi is, they're not getting me. Foldin em.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
dupe system. always. when it comes to SRs, either sell them or keep them if they look useful to you.

Can anyone tell me what to do with my dupes?

You use the dupes to unlock paths in the "hidden potential" system. Bottom right path is best for anyone you plan to get to super lvl 10 (which should include folks like the ssj4's), otherwise top left.

The SRs, I would either use them to up the SA of your original character, or sell them to Baba if you don't plan on using that card.
The SSRs, the ones you think are useful, use them in the hidden potential system (bot right path if you're at SA10, top left path if not).

Durden77

VcR8cnc.png

God, what a fucking awful grind. Maybe worse than Rage Trunks, especially because I have to wait on the Rildo medals. This is all to get AGL GT SSJ Goku to SA10. He better be as useful for my WT team as I think he's going to be.

And I STILL have to keep grinding for fruit for the last Elder Kai. Then move on to the new Baby event. Jesus what is wrong with me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
God, what a fucking awful grind. Maybe worse than Rage Trunks, especially because I have to wait on the Rildo medals. This is all to get AGL GT SSJ Goku to SA10. He better be as useful for my WT team as I think he's going to be.

And I STILL have to keep grinding for fruit for the last Elder Kai. Then move on to the new Baby event. Jesus what is wrong with me.

If you're lucky you can snag the Rildo medal from the Baba shop so you can get past the 2 per event limit.

Well lucky is subjective since you'd have to grind more of the rest of it lol.

Goku only gives MV 2 ki so I don't see him being that much of help of getting him to 18ki. I remember trying to come up with a LR Majin Vegeta WT team without resorting to nuking or items and I just could't do it. It's too difficult to get him to 18ki consistently when you only start out with 3 ki.

If you're lucky you can snag the Rildo medal from the Baba shop so you can get past the 2 per event limit.

Goku only gives MV 2 ki so I don't see him being that much of help of getting him to 18ki. I remember trying to come up with a LR Majin Vegeta WT team without resorting to nuking or items and I just could't do it. It's too difficult to get him to 18ki consistently when you only start out with 3 ki.

I say just buy as many AGL changing items from the babashop as you can. Check every 30min and pick it up if it's there, usually it's 10 but I've found it to be 15 of them at times

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No I mean what do I do with the dupes I posted about above.
Btw my SS4 goku is already at SA lvl10

If ss4 Goku is sa10, then you use the dupe to unlock the bottom right node in hidden potential.

Hidden potential is in the teams section, on the bottom right

Why are you grinding this character to SA10 if he's just to provide ki for MV?

So im a little confused about dokkan awakening. I have the gohan from the special banner and 7 of the awakening medals from the banner. How do i do the dokkan awakening?

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rf0YJpx.jpg[/img]

Ashodin

5 more stones and I can do a pull on the SS4 Vegeta banner, which will be my last pull. Then I get a free one which will be my last last, and that's it for the event.

So im a little confused about dokkan awakening. I have the gohan from the special banner and 7 of the awakening medals from the banner. How do i do the dokkan awakening?

Code:

Edit: I just noticed he is UR already lol. So you gotta get the 77 medals from the Cell event which DA Gohan into the next phase and then you max that card out and then you Awaken him again.

Tamanon

Banned

Code:

He has two stages to his awakening.

First, you need 77 Cell Games medals.

Then you can dokkan awaken him a second time with the battlefield medals to his LR form.

Durden77

I've been checkin the shop like crazy, and I've only gotten 1 so far (fed one Goku already). I'm really hoping I can nab 5 more from the shop.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough, but if I'm running mono AGL then this guy will give me at least that little boost, and I think he may be useful on my mono AGL team in general. I'm thinking if I run him and keep MV in rotation with Rose, and run SSJ3 Goku in my team too along with the Oolong orb changers, I should be able to get to 18 consistently. I hope. Now that I have PHY Goku Black though I'm thinking I may try to run an Extreme team with Rose and Black both feeding MV Ki.

As much as I love MV, I do really wish he would have some better links for the teams he's supposed to be on his links just aren't cohesive for Mono AGL or Mono Extreme. It's usually honestly not much of a problem, considering his 12 ki super seems to actually do more damage, so you'll be wanting to shoot for that one more anyway, but it can definitely be frustrating at times. Broly's AOE is so god damn easy to hit compared to MVs. But MVs can do more damage at 24 ki which is cool, if that ever happened.

Why are you grinding this character to SA10 if he's just to provide ki for MV?

1. I feel like at SA 10 he may be useful on my Mono AGL team in general. He could play a similar role to what SSJ3 Goku could do, but without spending Kais. Plus I have a dupe of him, and if I start fucking with Super AGL he may be good there too.

and/or

2. I'm a crazy person.

1. I feel like at SA 10 he may be useful on my Mono AGL team in general. He could play a similar role to what SSJ3 Goku could do, but without spending Kais. Plus I have a dupe of him, and if I start fucking with Super AGL he may be good there too.

and/or

2. I'm a crazy person.

It's gonna be a very marginal difference, I wouldn't bother. And yeah I feel like LR MV is meant to shine in Extreme teams with Rose/Black, or a mono AGI with dual MV leads, but I feel like that's barely competitive with double SV teams even just because the counters are so sick.

Broly's 18ki isn't THAT easy to get off though, at least on mono STR without orb changers. A bit easier on Extreme team thanks to Rose's ki boost.

LR Gohan though, hoo boy it's so easy to get his ki bar totally full it's kind of gross.

And dear lord, SS4 Goku feels like an LR card. His damage is disgusting and that super counter is SO FUCKING HYPE when it happens, holy crap.

Durden77

It's gonna be a very marginal difference, I wouldn't bother. And yeah I feel like LR MV is meant to shine in Extreme teams with Rose/Black, or a mono AGI with dual MV leads, but I feel like that's barely competitive with double SV teams even just because the counters are so sick.

Broly's 18ki isn't THAT easy to get off though, at least on mono STR without orb changers. A bit easier on Extreme team thanks to Rose's ki boost.

LR Gohan though, hoo boy it's so easy to get his ki bar totally full it's kind of gross.

And dear lord, SS4 Goku feels like an LR card. His damage is disgusting and that super counter is SO FUCKING HYPE when it happens, holy crap.

Broly's AOE is actually at 12 ki. His single target attack is 18. So his AOE is generally pretty damn easy to get.

Also yeah I used your LR Gohan as a friend. That shit's absurd. I got like 5 or so orbs at 6 KI and he almost hit 24. Absurd.

And after all this grinding, I just realized that the fucking starter Baba shop Goku would probably be a better support unit to MV in WT than the AGL GT Goku. I forgot I had him and that he had the rebirth link. God dammit. Oh well, him, little guy and SSJ3 Goku can all float.

Broly's AOE is actually at 12 ki. His single target attack is 18. So his AOE is generally pretty damn easy to get.

oh i thought we were just talking about 18 ki supers, my B. obviously I do know that since I have him :p

and yeah Baba shop goku is legit. I still use him on mono AGI from time to time. If you just want ki support for MV, SSJ2 Goku is great too, his passive gives +3 ki and he has shattering the limit.

Ashodin

Last 50 pull, here we go.

FUCK, only SRs.

Free Multi? Let's go! GIVE ME ENERGY!

oh fuck

oh FUCK

OH FUCK

znWtLD4.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

zn9VEIo.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Also yeah I used your LR Gohan as a friend. That shit's absurd. I got like 5 or so orbs at 6 KI and he almost hit 24. Absurd.

And after all this grinding, I just realized that the fucking starter Baba shop Goku would probably be a better support unit to MV in WT than the AGL GT Goku. I forgot I had him and that he had the rebirth link. God dammit. Oh well, him, little guy and SSJ3 Goku can all float.

Yeah Baba shop Goku is good and will give Majin Vegeta 4 ki with his passive up. Other ones I've found are AGl SSJ2 Goku's rebirth, AGl Kaioken's rebirth, INT Turles rebirth and Bulpan which all give MV 5 ki through a combination of links/passives. Rose and Black are good but only give Vegeta 3 ki.

This free Trunks also gives MV 4 ki weirdly enough

So how am i suppose to go about dokkan battling. I tried the ultimate gohan and vegeta blue ones and got stomped. I have a vegito blue team, and the 3rd fights of each destroyed me.

Durden77

Yeah Baba shop Goku is good and will give Majin Vegeta 4 ki with his passive up. Other ones I've found are AGl SSJ2 Goku's rebirth, AGl Kaioken's rebirth, INT Turles rebirth and Bulpan which all give MV 5 ki through a combination of links/passives. Rose and Black are good but only give Vegeta 3 ki.

This free Trunks also gives MV 4 ki weirdly enough

Even though I know that card gets shit because his rebirth was not that good, with the flat boosts sucking, I want it so bad just because of his links with MV. The man gives him FIVE ki. He's MV's BFF for ki links. If I got him I would maybe even put orbs in him to try and keep him viable just because of those links.

None of the others I have....Turles has been eluding me forever. I fed that free Trunks, that I had already grinded up to SA 10, to my Rage Trunks after I pulled him because I was too lazy to farm out one more lol. Kindof regret that now, but it's still be hard to make him fit on a team with MV.

I wish SSJ2 AGL Vegeta had his rebirth on Global. I have him, and he gives MV 4 ki. He'd be perfect.

So how am i suppose to go about dokkan battling. I tried the ultimate gohan and vegeta blue ones and got stomped. I have a vegito blue team, and the 3rd fights of each destroyed me.

Some of the events require specific units to do any real damage to the boss. Post your box, and we can try to help you make a team that can work.

Using the site https://dbz.space/ is a great way to let us see which units you have without filling up the page with a lot of pictures, but you gotta manually select the units you have by press the lock icon on the site.

hey man I had to worst luck of all time with the rosé banner, we all get trash pulls every now and then.

Between LR Broly, MV Vegeta, and the SSJ4s I spent like $300 and got none of them :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Even though I know that card gets shit because his rebirth was not that good, with the flat boosts sucking, I want it so bad just because of his links with MV. The man gives him FIVE ki. He's MV's BFF for ki links. If I got him I would maybe even put orbs in him to try and keep him viable just because of those links.

None of the others I have....Turles has been eluding me forever. I fed that free Trunks, that I had already grinded up to SA 10, to my Rage Trunks after I pulled him because I was too lazy to farm out one more lol. Kindof regret that now, but it's still be hard to make him fit on a team with MV.

I wish SSJ2 AGL Vegeta had his rebirth on Global. I have him, and he gives MV 4 ki. He'd be perfect.
Oh when AGk SSJ2 Gohan gets a rebirth (The Bojack one) he also gives MV 5ki

PHY Kaioken also gives MV 5ki but he's not AGL so you'll be losing a lot of stats by putting him on the team

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah it can be rough sometimes, but I had some really shitty luck once the ticket banner dropped.

I spent 23 tickets and 400 stones on the rosé banner and ended up with this:

Then I farmed 24 black cards, and fused them for a grand total of 0 SA levels up.

My luck kinda changed late in the ticket banner, when you could pull for stones and I got phy broly, got SV and ssbkk shortly after, I got phy arale in my first gssr, and now I got ssj4 vegeta in my 3rd discounted multi, VB shortly after.

Ironically, the Rosé banner is actually where I spent the most money as well, I prolly only spent ~10 bucks on ssj4s.

Yeah it can be rough sometimes, but I had some really shitty luck once the ticket banner dropped.

I spent 23 tickets and 400 stones on the rosé banner and ended up with this:

Then I farmed 24 black cards, and fused them for a grand total of 0 SA levels up.

My luck kinda changed late in the ticket banner, when you could pull for stones and I got phy broly, got SV and ssbkk shortly after, I got phy arale in my first gssr, and now I got ssj4 vegeta in my 3rd discounted multi, VB shortly after.

Ironically, the Rosé banner is actually where I spent the most money as well, I prolly only spent ~10 bucks on ssj4s.

I saw that and thought you got multiple SSRs lol. I'm used to people posting their pulls or an entire sheet of their box, not a portion of their box :p. What's with that smudge...is that SSJ4 Vegeta....:mad:

L Thammy

On bad pulls, has anyone had good pulls from the daily tickets? SR or higher guaranteed, I don't think I've got higher than an SR.

Top Bottom