• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Stage 2 or the newer one?

At first glance, go mono-heroes with VB, SSJ4 Goku, Super Vegito, Int Vegito, SSB Vegeta. You need levels on some of them (seriously, get that Goku up!), then you'll be clearing things left and right

I just pulled SSJ4 Goku and TEQ SSB Vegeta, and for SSB Vegeta, TEQ or PHY?

Stage 2 only gives 1 medal right? I need 77 medals lol.

I was wondering if you guys could help me build a team for The Horrific Cell Games.

My Units

Either a mono INT with a friend LR Gohan or a mono STR with a friend SS4 Goku. Both units are strong enough to easily be able to carry you through that event with some item use. level and Z-awaken your SS4 Goku. He's pretty much the best non-LR unit in the game (arguably up there with them).

INT:
UR SSJ Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Vegito
fillers, you can even chuck SV and VB in there just to block+counter.

STR:
SS4 Goku
Pan
Trunks
Beerus
GT Vegeta
whatevs, SV to block

Your friend leader will do all the heavy lifting so make sure they stay in first or second position when the battle starts, preferably linked with someone who gives them ki (easy with saiyan teams, esp. STR with all the GT/shocking speed links).

For items, standard loadout is senzu, dende, yemma (or other defensive item) and ghost usher or baba. If you get supered, you can close the app before the enemy attack finishes, restart it, and load back at the beginning of the turn and use an item if you feel it's necessary.

Man, all you guys with your last minute god pulls.

My pull from last night got me Baby 2 (and 1 ticket), which is okay I guess. It will help me with getting SSJ4 Goku medals. My tickets yielded Videl and one medal. Really bummed that I didn't get Rosé, SSJ3 Goku (GT), or SSJ4 Vegeta, but there will be other events.

Meneses

My last 2 multis didn't even have Goku go SSJ on the pull. Bunch of Rs and a few SRs. Waste of a grind :(
At least I got some decent stuff early on.

Do these multis still give out LR tickets? I might be able to save enough stones for another pull and hopefully
fail to
get Black or a good dupe. And i'm 3 tickets short of another attempt at Gohan
it will actually be another Hercule Statue

All things considered, I spent way more than I should have but I got a bunch of good cards: Both SSJ4s, SS3 GT Goku, Baby and a dupe, Teq Buu and a dupe, a Rose dupe, all paths unlocked on PHY Pan (lol) and a couple waifus from the LR Banner.

went back and looked at my post history with these banners, I did two 4-pulls on each banner, so 16 multis, with no featured cards except Baby and SS3 Goku. It was complete trash. But the tickets from that got me LR Gohan and then I stupidly did more pulls to get the medals to LR him and got 2 Roses (new), 2 SVs (dupes), Black (dupe), new Trunks and finally SS4 Goku. So it worked out and I'm very happy with my haul.

But man, 16 multis with 2 featured cards, that still astonishes me. That's some true garbage RNG.

went back and looked at my post history with these banners, I did two 4-pulls on each banner, so 16 multis, with no featured cards except Baby and SS3 Goku. It was complete trash. But the tickets from that got me LR Gohan and then I stupidly did more pulls to get the medals to LR him and got 2 Roses (new), 2 SVs (dupes), Black (dupe), new Trunks and finally SS4 Goku. So it worked out and I'm very happy with my haul.

But man, 16 multis with 2 featured cards, that still astonishes me. That's some true garbage RNG.
I did 3 on Goku and 13 on Vegeta(ran outta stones to do the last two to get a free 1). Got nothing but trash.

Khansolo1

Are people still getting legendary summon tickets from multi summons?
What should I do with my extra gogeta? The Sa is 1/10, so should I use him for that? Or should I focus on Gogeta's hidden potential.

Are people still getting legendary summon tickets from multi summons?
What should I do with my extra gogeta? The Sa is 1/10, so should I use him for that? Or should I focus on Gogeta's hidden potential.

always always always use dupes for hidden potential. Top left if you don't plan to get them to SA10, bottom right if you do.

Tamanon

Banned
It's kinda ironic that SS4 Vegeta is one of the absolute best cards against SS4 Goku event.

Might end up Dokkaning SS4 Goku before even Super Vegito at this rate.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Poor guy has had a flood of awful cards for the past two years. Vegeta is now the superior ape and WT king. Lets celebrate the year of Luigi Vegeta.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Goku's actually the better of the two right now. If he gets the LR awakening on top of that

463dRRQ.png

Maddness

It's kinda ironic that SS4 Vegeta is one of the absolute best cards against SS4 Goku event.

Might end up Dokkaning SS4 Goku before even Super Vegito at this rate.

To be fair I used dual SSJ4 Vegeta on both Goku and Vegeta dokkan events. It's just beastly.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Goku's actually the better of the two right now. If he gets the LR awakening on top of that

463dRRQ.png

Vegeta is a better tank, but Goku's offensive capability is just blasphemous for a non-SA20 LR.

Also I just hit rank 275, so I finally have enough team cost for 5 48 cost units and 1 LR!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Once they implement the change where buffs carry over through phase changes it's not going to be close and Goku will be able to tank as well. Sure Vegeta's 120% tanking is better than Goku's then 90% but the fact that he can then tank decently in addition to hitting much harder wew.

Once they implement the change where buffs carry over through phase changes it's not going to be close and Goku will be able to tank as well. Sure Vegeta's 120% tanking is better than Goku's then 90% but the fact that he can then tank decently in addition to hitting much harder wew.
I hope Goku doesn't get LR, there's already a LR of him. Also I want Vegeta more. I hope VB goes LR that'd be great lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

The 30% on super stacks up to 90%?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The 30% on super stacks up to 90%?

Yep. It doesn't last through different phases of fights now but there will be an update that fixes that. When the change does come by the time you make it to the end of a dokkan event Goku will probably be at 60% going on 90%.

Dude if they actually let SSJ4 Goku go to LR it's going to be nuts. He's already up there with the gacha LRs.

Just ran through Boss Rush 2 (the Super2 version, not the very long one) with my Super team. VB, SV, LR Gohan, SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta, Gotenks. Absolutely disgusting. And Goku and Gotenks are only SA4 / SA3 respectively.

Anoregon

Yep. It doesn't last through different phases of fights now but there will be an update that fixes that. When the change does come by the time you make it to the end of a dokkan event Goku will probably be at 60% going on 90%.

Oohh that's nice.

Durden77

When super counters actually happen they are the hypest shit

I kinda hate that I can kind of see when they're coming though. My screen seems to zoom out a little farther on the start of the enemy super when it does. Similar type of tell to how the game pauses for like a little longer before a kill with a normal attack

L Thammy

Got a Broly from the first stage of his event. Is it worth grinding the characters from Strike and Dokkan events? It looks like they're crappier versions and the awakening medals are the real prize.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got a Broly from the first stage of his event. Is it worth grinding the characters from Strike and Dokkan events? It looks like they're crappier versions and the awakening medals are the real prize.

At half stamina there's no reason not to grind out the dokkan event cards to SA10.

Any sign of the neo super rainbow lead on JP yet? I figure it's got to be getting close what with SSJ3 Broly put there now.

If I pull him I'm debating giving away my account with all super neo gods at SA10 since I don't really do anything but log in now.

FFBE has consumed Gacha soul instead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
that coz he is weak to GT link.
FP Frieza is better than him for damage.
but he links well with Omega Shenron in Extreme team.

Hmm...true - i just looked up the stats. Pure damage wise FP Frieza is the indeed the best.

I dont know how -Def exactly works in this game but PHY Shenron has -30% enemy def (for the whole team or only his attack?) - thought this could compensate for the lower attack bonus.

But honestly for now ill stick to Baby 2 i think - since i already have his Dokkan medals, unlocked one path via dupe and he has Metamorphosis which works nicely with Buuhan/Buutenks.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The only time defense reduction really matters is for Broly dokkan events. Other bosses also take less but it's because they reduce damage taken while Broly is specifically defense.

Xanru

Fights like SSBK and Goku Black also benefit noticeably from defense reduction. It has minor effect in other fights though. It really feels like defense reduction is in place more to be used by enemies against players tbh.

Tamanon

Banned
You need Defense reducers, preferably "greatly reduce".

It honestly doesn't even matter what type advantage or disadvantage you have, you need to break the barrier.

Ashodin

yo

YO

SS4 Goku stop

He just crit SS4 Vegeta half of his health, then countered Final Shine for another bar

Then Gogeta mopped up the rest

He only had one turn to even do anything

I love SSB Vegito's extra attacks lol
Wow, that is a true victory right there. It's been funny/awesome how bad you've wanted that Videl, but I can get it. I know how it is to get the character you want the most, regardless of anything else.

Congrats!
Thanks! Haha I was debating whether to do Elder Kai multi-summon or push my luck once more, but in the end I managed to prevail! :D

Ashodin

4 more runs of SS4 Vegs and I'll have him dokkan'd

literally 2 days after I dokkan'd Super Vegito.

Also I have to dokkan Vegito Blue now too.

Rip my life

Also I have every unit worth getting so far outside of LRs and SS4 Goku. My account is baller af

MiTYH

Free pull tonight was SSB Vegeta (STR). Seems like a nice card, good links. I'm swimming in good STR cards though, but I'll take another!

Top Bottom