• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Raditz is at least getting a Dokkan

This time the flaw isn't within the category system since the selection is quite large this time. The problem is they decided to make Ultimate Gohan the leader.

If I'm looking at this right the best team may not even have Gohan on rotation, just toss both of him into the floater position. The team to me just looks like PHY with LR Gohan and 20% more attack.

Yeah it seems like without the LRs you're probably better off just running Super PHY since Gotenks is probably still the hardest-hitting unit on the team. Real weird that they gave Gohan less attack on the LS than Gogeta/Omega. If it's an attempt to balance him for the 1% that actually has both LRs, that really screws everyone else. At least the team is super tanky.

Took my most optimalest Extreme team to boss rush to see how it did and

a2UrxuH.png

pretty... pretty good. Didn't have to use any items until the back-to-back slugfests of Gotenks and Buuhan, who are real annoying. Everything else I can pretty much 1-turn or 2-turn at most.

Thank you, now my long grind can begin I guess. I'm blowing through my stamina like mad already. Is SSJ3 Gotenks really that good? I can't even find room for him in my current rotation, or is he just that much better at UR+?

He's amazing yeah. He's the only good Mono-TEQ lead and his super hits HARD. Just remember:
12 KI (Full bar) - Extreme damage + Greatly Lower DEF - This one is OK but not optimal
9-10 KI - Immense Damage - Good
11 KI - Immense Damage + Greatly Raise User's Attack - This is insanely strong. Insanely. Try to always get 11 KI

ah. Well I already have him, and he's 100% the time I would not spend orbs on soo BABA POINTS!

Also just looked at that DA for Raditz...it's so horrible wtf were they thinking?

he really isn't bad at all tbh. With all their dokkans:

nappa, and shugesh are the worst.
Then agl kid goku.
Tora, though he's honestly a better choice than either turles or vegeta on a ssj4 vegeta mono agl team.
phy kid goku , only this low because he doesn't link very well.
borgos
Vegeta
raditz
turles
fasha, bardock
str gt goku, super baby 2

Took my most optimalest Extreme team to boss rush to see how it did and

pretty... pretty good. Didn't have to use any items until the back-to-back slugfests of Gotenks and Buuhan, who are real annoying. Everything else I can pretty much 1-turn or 2-turn at most.

You did it wrong bro. Lead should be Zamasu and a friend Rose Black.

70% buff is too good over the 50%. Everyone else links enough to get ki and then you have Black and the 2 Roses adding their +3ki passive so minimum of 7ki almost all the time before links are in effect.

I don't have Rose but I put Zamasu with friend Rose and Black with whoever is required for the boss. Usually just stick Buuhan for the heals with Black but I usually change it up if I don't really need Black and stick Buuhan with someone like Omega Shenron STR.

He's amazing yeah. He's the only good Mono-TEQ lead and his super hits HARD. Just remember:
12 KI (Full bar) - Extreme damage + Greatly Lower DEF - This one is OK but not optimal
9-10 KI - Immense Damage - Good
11 KI - Immense Damage + Greatly Raise User's Attack - This is insanely strong. Insanely. Try to always get 11 KI

Duly noted. Thanks again. I've got my months+ grinding figured out at least.

Tamanon

Banned
300 medals left on Goku after finally getting him to SA10. Think I'll just grind it out tomorrow. Have enough stamina to do five runs and one run on a story stage I haven't finished to get a stone and replenish stamina.

Won't get the 100% potential most likely though.

You did it wrong bro. Lead should be Zamasu and a friend Rose Black.

70% buff is too good over the 50%. Everyone else links enough to get ki and then you have Black and the 2 Roses adding their +3ki passive so minimum of 7ki almost all the time before links are in effect.

I don't have Rose but I put Zamasu with friend Rose and Black with whoever is required for the boss. Usually just stick Buuhan for the heals with Black but I usually change it up if I don't really need Black and stick Buuhan with someone like Omega Shenron STR.

how you gonna tell me i did it wrong when i cleared boss rush that fast lol. Please don't assume I know less about the game than you do because I don't.

The reason I did it that way is because Frieza and Buuhan are on one rotation and without rose or Black floating they need 4 ki to super. If they need 6 ki to super, that's a problem. 20% more stats is not worth not supering every single time. Also the more ki Broly has the easier it is to get his 18+ki. So yeah. I know what I'm doing my dude.

Lagamorph

Is there anything I should be doing in the game at the moment? Ever since Gogeta dropped I've pretty much just been logging in each day for the bonuses, maybe doing an occasional Boss run for medals.

I have pretty much no strike characters done, but getting them to SA15 just seems like a huge grind I just can't be bothered with. I've more or less accepted that LR Goku and LR Freiza are probably always going to be out of reach on that basis.

Tried my final attempt at Cooler. Got my 5th PHY Freeza. That's the banner I guess. The game feels slow when nothing going on. Saving for Gogeta/gotenks right now.

For any information, the next lead is SSJ3 angel Goku. Not going to go for him at the mask saiyan will be in every banner after that.

Yeah Masked Saiyan not being a dokkanfest exclusive is weird since he does have his own dokkan event. I think he's the only one like that. Also Angel Goku will be on the Gogeta banner so it's not worth going hard on it.

Yeah Masked Saiyan not being a dokkanfest exclusive is weird since he does have his own dokkan event. I think he's the only one like that. Also Angel Goku will be on the Gogeta banner so it's not worth going hard on it.

Oh forgot about that, makes the next banner completly useless considering Gogeta is better and will get more use out of the fusions team (unless a Buu saga team comes around or something). Masked Saiyan being in every banner is weird but I love this considering you can run any team with him and finally make that villains team. (He's also in the WT banner which should be everyone's goal in the banner).

I'm predicting Gogeta and Janemab will launch in December to give a big holding banner. Until then, I guess everyone should be on lockdown till then. The god leads sent that good: SSJ3 Goku is pretty good like human trashcan said, he'll be in the Gogeta banner so wait till then. Buu has no Ki links and is alright. Super 17 is ok but needs to get hit, and Extreme AGL isn't the best team.

Voror

Am I crazy or is the drop rate for STR Buuhan lower than others? I had a way easier time getting Black's SA up compared to this.

_Legacy_

Man, I've just accepted I'm not going to get LR Goku in time. The farming to get SA 10 was taking too long and my team for the hardest difficulty couldn't always secure the final kill. Oh well, guess I'll miss out on the 50 stones.

The thug that really annoyed me is that I tried to buy the packs to boost the process but I never got the items. Had to call Apple to get a refund.

Guess I'll farm Goku Black and Turles for now. I only got my Goku to SA 6 before my medals and items got too low.

L Thammy

Man, I've just accepted I'm not going to get LR Goku in time. The farming to get SA 10 was taking too long and my team for the hardest difficulty couldn't always secure the final kill. Oh well, guess I'll miss out on the 50 stones.

The thug that really annoyed me is that I tried to buy the packs to boost the process but I never got the items. Had to call Apple to get a refund.

Guess I'll farm Goku Black and Turles for now. I only got my Goku to SA 6 before my medals and items got too low.

I didn't have the cards for the LR Goku event while it's been possible so I've been grinding out all the Super Strikes instead for later. Coincidentally, I've run out of Zenny.

how you gonna tell me i did it wrong when i cleared boss rush that fast lol. Please don't assume I know less about the game than you do because I don't.

The reason I did it that way is because Frieza and Buuhan are on one rotation and without rose or Black floating they need 4 ki to super. If they need 6 ki to super, that's a problem. 20% more stats is not worth not supering every single time. Also the more ki Broly has the easier it is to get his 18+ki. So yeah. I know what I'm doing my dude.

I just said it in jest since you said it was optimal since I personally don't agree. I wish there were more Rage Trunks instead of SSB Vegitos so I could run SSB Vegito and Rage Trunks Heroes Combo since I don't have Rage Trunks myself.

For me, I see a 50% + 70% heroes and villains team as optimal because that 20% goes a long way. But more power to you for doing it like that.

you still have pretty much 2 days though.

I just said it in jest since you said it was optimal

yes, "my most optimalest" was definitely meant literally and not at all facetiously.

Anyway I explained why I did what I did and the results speak for themselves. If you can do better with a Rose/MZ team on Super3 boss rush, show me receipts.

Meneses

Zamasu is definitely the worst for me.

I haven't had a single drop yet (although I have been doing other stuff in between).

MiTYH

Got my second set of 777 medals (778! Take that rng). Working on my 15 or whatever Second stage medals, will easily get that today, and then, BAM, SA 20 goku. Can't wait
to never do this event again

Voror

I think fused zamasu is still worst. Went through 3 bars to get one.

Zamasu is definitely the worst for me.

I haven't had a single drop yet (although I have been doing other stuff in between).

Ugh I need to farm him too. Not looking forward to that one either. My luck with the cards I have gotten for Buuhan has trended to the negative, though I've gotten him up to 4 at least.

Maybe I should try to get his medals first since those drops are guaranteed. I did that for Buuhan so now it's just a matter of getting the SA up. Could also try for Golden Frieza I suppose. I've got enough for a full INT team.

I think Buuhan's drop rate is the highest out of Black/Zamasu/Buuhan. Black and Zamasu were awful grinds, Buuhan wasn't so bad. The wiki puts him at a 25% droprate and the others are only 10% I think

Voror

I think Buuhan's drop rate is the highest out of Black/Zamasu/Buuhan. Black and Zamasu were awful grinds, Buuhan wasn't so bad. The wiki puts him at a 25% droprate and the others are only 10% I think

Really? Black took a while but he wasn't so bad. I was getting cards early on with Buuhan (more than half of which were failures) but now it's nothing.

Got paid so decided to buy some stones, but after confirming the payment there was some weird error. I didn't get the stones and now I have a pending charge. Anything I can do for this?

Meneses

Yeah, this sounds right.

Buuhan wasn't so bad for me, Black was a slog, and Zamasu is even worse.

yes, "my most optimalest" was definitely meant literally and not at all facetiously.

Anyway I explained why I did what I did and the results speak for themselves. If you can do better with a Rose/MZ team on Super3 boss rush, show me receipts.

Challenge accepted! :p

But really I meant no offense and I guess my post came as arrogant lol.

I will say that too many factors are at work so I dunno if I'll get a better time than you.

You have a Rainbow Buuhan and a Golden Frieza with lots of dupes. My Zamasu and Black are probably the only 2 units in my villain team that are more powerful than yours with 3 dupes open. You also have Rose x2 where I'll only have a friends but lets see how I can manage.

I'll probably switch out Golden Frieza for Omega Shenron for my run.

What are some good resources for a new player picking this up? Where should I start? Really interested in the game but I'm not even sure what units I should be on the lookout for if I am rerolling, etc...

Challenge accepted! :p

But really I meant no offense and I guess my post came as arrogant lol.

I will say that too many factors are at work so I dunno if I'll get a better time than you.

You have a Rainbow Buuhan and a Golden Frieza with lots of dupes. My Zamasu and Black are probably the only 2 units in my villain team that are more powerful than yours with 3 dupes open. You also have Rose x2 where I'll only have a friends but lets see how I can manage.

I'll probably switch out Golden Frieza for Omega Shenron for my run.

For the sake of my personal curiosity and because I can be wrong, I just tried boss rush again with the exact same setup except my Zamasu as leader (I even had a rainbow star Rose friend both times). I almost made it but Trunks (the last boss!) killed me. And the reason why was, like I said, I'm missing Super Attacks occasionally. Normally that's not a big deal, but in boss rush, drawing out a fight longer means taking more attacks, thus using more of your precious resources. The GF/Buuhan/Zamasu rotations were bad for this reason. That may only be 1 turn in 6, but even with Black or Rose on that rotation I'd occasionally miss a SA from one of them. The (relative) security of being able to SA all the time is just more valuable in boss rush. For normal dokkan events it doesn't really matter imo. To be fair I could have made it if I'd brought senzus instead of Fruit so I'd have 4 Heals instead of 2 but I wanted to keep everything the same. so it's definitely doable, but not as efficient.

Voror

FInally! SA at max and Dokkan for Buuhan. Now I guess I could try for either Golden Freiza or Zamasu. Think I might try the former since he just needs the medals.

AGL team doesn't seem wise for him so I guess I'll try an INT one.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What are some good resources for a new player picking this up? Where should I start? Really interested in the game but I'm not even sure what units I should be on the lookout for if I am rerolling, etc...

You can check this out for a brief guide for new players:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB..._a_noobs_guide_for_noobs_a_light_in_the_dark/

As for rerolling - the meta currently revolves around teams with leaders that give bonuses to specific color (blue/red/etc.) paired with either villains or heroes (Extreme/Super). Newer cards will be introducing more specific themes (i.e. Shadow Dragon arc / fusion dance characters). For which characters to look out for, it's best to use this tier list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/global_meta_tier

It's broken up by possible team combos then ranks them. Basically you want to nab as many Z Tier characters that work together as you can.

You can check this out for a brief guide for new players:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB..._a_noobs_guide_for_noobs_a_light_in_the_dark/

As for rerolling - the meta currently revolves around teams with leaders that give bonuses to specific color (blue/red/etc.) paired with either villains or heroes (Extreme/Super). Newer cards will be introducing more specific themes (i.e. Shadow Dragon arc / fusion dance characters). For which characters to look out for, it's best to use this tier list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/global_meta_tier

It's broken up by possible team combos then ranks them. Basically you want to nab as many Z Tier characters that work together as you can.
Awesome, really appreciate the response!

Voror

Oof, spent 4 stones just to get through the Golden Freiza stage. Only 10 more runs needed but if they're all like that, this may not be a good time.

Oof, spent 4 stones just to get through the Golden Freiza stage. Only 10 more runs needed but if they're all like that, this may not be a good time.

Uh you should really never really use DS on continues. It's a waste. If you can't do it without a continue your team is not powerful enough yet.

Meneses

It's generally not worth it to spend stones to revive. If you need to spend so many, it probably means you don't have the team to beat it (or at the very least, the team composition needs work).

L Thammy

Beyond that, you could always use the stone on stamina instead and try again if you think your team is strong enough to pull it off. Waaaay more value that way.

Voror

I'll keep that in mind I guess. No point in trying Zamasu either as I imagine I'll get destroyed. Lot of options tomorrow though not sure who I could actually handle.

Durden77

Wtf....just took me 2600 stones in the simulator to pull one PHY Cooler. His rates seem fucked up in the banner.

I really really want him, and I've pretty much resigned that my 50 stones from LR Goku are going to go to trying to get him, but damn that's scary. Expecially considering I've spent probably close to 200 stones on the banner already without him showing.

Ashodin

Wtf....just took me 2600 stones in the simulator to pull one PHY Cooler. His rates seem fucked up in the banner.

I really really want him, and I've pretty much resigned that my 50 stones from LR Goku are going to go to trying to get him, but damn that's scary. Expecially considering I've spent probably close to 200 stones on the banner already without him showing.
Uhhhhhhhhh

You should wait for the STR Janemba banner. He'll be on it along with the STR extreme leader so you could potentially get 2 good units. I think it should be here in a month.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Only logins lately for me but i managed to 100% my Rose ....so thats cool. Will try to save up some stones starting now in case we have a big event down the line.

That new Gohan looks sweet...but i dont think i have the subs for his team. Welp...

Top Bottom