• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 6 DS |OT| of Tax-Free 2DS Valentine's Slime Curling

Suzzopher

Importing this, Ys I&II Chronicles as well as Radiant Historia over the next few weeks. I need a second job, but then I'd have no time to play these games :/

Had my preorder in for a while so the 14th can't come soon enough! After finishing IX last year, I played through V while waiting for this so I'm still in the Dragon Quest mood. February is a busy month, but this is one of the games that I will be making a priority.

Hobbun

Really glad to see this game, only DQ I have not played.

And these whole "last chance" comments for 9, and now 6, concerns me. I'd be really ticked if SE decided to completely stop bringing the DQ games over.

ScOULaris

Can't freakin' wait. I really need to go back and beat DQV sometime though...

Between this and Radiant Historia, it's gonna be one hell of a week for DS RPG's.

Owensboro

This and 9 are the only two DQ games I haven't beaten, so it's going to be fun to finally get this one under my belt. I own 9 and I just can't get into it though.... Perhaps beating 6 will get me back in the DQ mood.

Chairhome

Owensboro said:
This and 9 are the only two DQ games I haven't beaten, so it's going to be fun to finally get this one under my belt. I own 9 and I just can't get into it though.... Perhaps beating 6 will get me back in the DQ mood.
Hope you get back to 9. Its amazing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Why did they change Hassan's name? Were they afraid of having an Arabic-sounding name or something?

Maybe this time I'll finally make it past the prince's trials... this game from what I remember was REALLY hard, but then again I don't know much in the way of Japanese, so that hindered me a bit. Wonder if the difficulty level is the same in the DS rmx?

I can't wait for this. It will probably be my only day one purchase all year. I hope it does very well like Dragon Quest IX, and then maybe there will be a faster localization of Dragon Quest X whenever it decides to come out!

Loto

Augemitbutter said:
is it just his? i'm curious about the explanation.
I don't know much about the characters back stories, but I heard it has to do with that. If it makes sense.

Holmes

Valentine's is gonna be awesome. Romantic outing with the boyfriend, pick up DQ6, then play the hell out of it!

dvolovets

Hobbun said:
Really glad to see this game, only DQ I have not played.

And these whole "last chance" comments for 9, and now 6, concerns me. I'd be really ticked if SE decided to completely stop bringing the DQ games over.
I think it was a legitimate concern for 9 -- with recent sales data showing that the game sold really well, though, I think it's more of a joke now for 6. I think Nintendo's marketing push in the US really helped, and I'm sure that between DQX and future installments, we might see similar advertising campaigns.

While I'm not an avid hater of the DS's polygon capabilities (love Wizard of Oz), I really think the DQ games look horrible compared to DQ3 and DQ6 on the SNES. The sprites based graphics were just amazing to look at.

Hobbun

dvolovets said:
I think it was a legitimate concern for 9 -- with recent sales data showing that the game sold really well, though, I think it's more of a joke now for 6. I think Nintendo's marketing push in the US really helped, and I'm sure that between DQX and future installments, we might see similar advertising campaigns.

Yes, that’s if it stays on a Nintendo platform. Right now there isn’t any indication of that changing, with DQ X going to the Wii. But for future Dragon Quests or if we see a DQ VII remake, or maybe a DQ VIII (far down the line), I would like to feel comfortable that are going to see them in the west.

john tv said:
Good, good. I might change the first half to just "Dragon Quest 6 DS" to match the former OTs. People still seem to have trouble with roman numerals these days...

I'll leave it for now tho. Lots of work to do!
oh. that's why it was changed lol.

we need a game dealing with nothing but roman numerals!

ScOULaris

I can't believe this OT is already dying out before making it to three pages. Dragon Quest 6 is gonna be amazing! DQV, DQIX, and DQVI altogether make the DS such a great JRPG platform. Nevermind the fact that Radiant Historia is coming a week later to blow us all away.

Oxx

Screw it, I'll import.

I imagine Nintendo Europe will probably release it after Pokemon, possibly even on DQ9's 1 year anniversary in July.

creid

djtiesto said:
Why did they change Hassan's name? Were they afraid of having an Arabic-sounding name or something?
I don't think that's why, they've been changing a lot of DQ names lately.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
djtiesto said:

Maybe they had a totally awesome pun that used Carver somewhere that they totally had to put in the game.

antonz

Woo got my Dragon Quest 6 Tshirt from the Nintendo trivia Contest.

Has a Blue and Orange Slime on the front with hearts and and it says Be My Valenslime and on the back it has the Dragon Quest 6 Logo

t0gm52.jpg

Have this on pre-order at my GS but I'm planning on braving the masses to see if I can get it autographed at the Palo Alto GS.

Not really sure what to expect, but I do hope I can at least score the autograph. Perhaps I should bring my paystub to get my discount...

Loto

Regulus Tera said:
Maybe they had a totally awesome pun that used Carver somewhere that they totally had to put in the game.
Don't know if you are serious, but I think you are right! Lol

Oxx

Order placed. I wonder what will arrive first, DQ6 or my lost-in-translation copy of Inazuma 11?

Soooooo, I picked up my copy of DQ6 at ebgames in Canada today *whistles nonchalantly*

The manager got a memo saying it was a soft release date, so she sold it to me. It's in the wild, gogogo!

Johnas

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Soooooo, I picked up my copy of DQ6 at ebgames in Canada today *whistles nonchalantly*

The manager got a memo saying it was a soft release date, so she sold it to me. It's in the wild, gogogo!

This kind of thing never happens to me. Congrats. Does that mean they're not required to wait until Tuesday or whenever to sell it?

I wonder if this would fly in the U.S., probably not.

Jucksalbe

Banned

Oh, don't do this to me.

C'mon, Axelmusic, ship the game!

Where in Canada?

Augemitbutter said:
is it just his? i'm curious about the explanation.

So far, all of the characters have had their names changed. Hassan became Carver, Mireille became Milly, Chamorro is Nevan, Barbara is Ashlynn and Terry... well, Terry might still be Terry.

Chesskid1

Banned
i still have 7 and 8 sitting around, while they are awesome games they still get monotonous after a while and i'll take breaks for weeks at a time. i will get this, but not for a while, but i have a feeling it will be rare if i wait too long, ah. :(

I'm in NB, so if the stores have it here, it must be everywhere in Canada :p
Thanks, I'm really tempted to check it out now, although it is five dollars more at EB than it is everywhere else.

Holmes

!!!

Calling every EB in the GTA now!

jeremy1456

I always thought that DQVI was one of the less interesting installments in the series, but still a great role playing game in general.

Top Bottom