• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

muu

The third form doesn't last very long though. Important point: never be where your other party members are. So you don't all die at once. Everything beyond that is luck.

I didn't plan to actually take on the boss so my priest wasn't an optimal choice but I still won on the first try (that was with Sorina, my lower leveled sub). Of course when we originally came to this boss with two people and supports we took three tries to make it to the last stage and then wiped instantly because we failed to avoid the very first magic attack.

That was just bad luck but we gave up for that reason. When we came back with four players all high level it was almost too easy. But a great battle regardless.

The two rabbits? Or the 5 rabbits at the ordeal gate before it (not really a boss, which is why I'm asking)? Ordeal gate definitely was harder than the 2.0 boss (but again, it also has been toned down, lol).

Which is why I stated "obvious strategies." Got an AoE coming at you? You get the hell away from the rest of the group. Boss in super mode? Don't spam spells that won't do jack and help w/ heals and magic pots. Supports won't do that. The boss was definitely made to be easy w/ real players and a challenge w/ supports.

And it may have been the 2.2 first boss. Talking about Grave Digger, the purple King Leo (arm kitty to be exact). Too many instakills and the support priests don't always think about location when they go res.

extralite

I'm well protected against both instakills and criticals but Grave Digger is just generally dishing out big damage. Two priests and timely skult was all it took to beat him in the end.

We were two human players and two supports. My approach was to bring a super star to blind him but that didn't always afflict him and he has a good hit rate even with that status. The player I asked for help figured out the above (more orthodox) approach after a few tries.

Shouta

Oh, it seems like you get Meat for the Farm in the Android App by leveling up the farm. That might be the only way aside from buying it with gems.

Aeana

The 3DS version performs much better for me at this hour than it did this morning. I still get the error posted earlier if trying to connect through my VPN, but connecting with my own connection has a tinge of latency and would probably not be playable in any situation where I needed to react quickly, but for grinding with a party of level 80s doing all of the work, it should be okay. I'm going to be trying some other options, like Battleping and WTFast to see if changing my routing to the server helps at all.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
I'm gonna pick up a wifi dongle for my pc after work and mess around with VPN's/Battleping or similar services to see if I can get it to work.

Kept getting the same error no matter what moment in the day I tried to connect.
Ah well, I should've seen this coming, with all the news about the 3DS version. At least I got a nice poster out of it.

Shouta

I almost beat the 2.0 boss last night after hiring some folks from Aeana's team (after I joined them). The AOE he does in that kills even them, lol. But when they start attacking, they rip the boss to shreds. I'm gonna try a few more times when I get home tonight and hope the Priest doesn't get themselves nuked. D=

Gloam

I almost beat the 2.0 boss last night after hiring some folks from Aeana's team (after I joined them). The AOE he does in that kills even them, lol. But when they start attacking, they rip the boss to shreds. I'm gonna try a few more times when I get home tonight and hope the Priest doesn't get themselves nuked. D=

Good luck, I just started the
pyramid

muu

Good luck, I just started the
pyramid

This might be too late for gloam, but the first time you enter the pyramids you're guaranteed an accessory drop. You can sell this, uh, pyramid virginity for 100k-150k per person. If you go to Glenn 01 you'll probably see some people shouting about ピラ初売り which is what that is.

I was told about this about 5 minutes after I beat the first pyramid level. Oh well, live and learn I suppose...

Gloam

This might be too late for gloam, but the first time you enter the pyramids you're guaranteed an accessory drop. You can sell this, uh, pyramid virginity for 100k-150k per person. If you go to Glenn 01 you'll probably see some people shouting about ピラ初売り which is what that is.

I was told about this about 5 minutes after I beat the first pyramid level. Oh well, live and learn I suppose...

Oh no! I think I went in by accident when I first got to the 2.0 island just for a lark, didn't kill anything or do anything, literally in and out. Did I miss the drop?

Shouta

Oh! I'll keep that in mind. =)

Also, I just finished 2.0's last boss with AI. So lucky. The tears of joy won't stop. ;_;

So when do you get to go into the pyramid for the first time?

extralite

So when do you get to go into the pyramid for the first time?

You could have gone ever since you arrived in Rendacia (but you need to be level 60 or higher). It is in Defel Desert and you can go already before doing any of the butterfly stories.

Oh no! I think I went in by accident when I first got to the 2.0 island just for a lark, didn't kill anything or do anything, literally in and out. Did I miss the drop?
Are you 60 yet? You need to do the quest you can accept from the mummy girl Yayoi. Don't go alone, let other players get the guaranteed broach too.

After you beat a room, don't forget to check the sarcophagus afterwards. Take the secret treasure to Yayoi and after clearing her quest she will turn the secret treasures into actual items.

Gloam

You could have gone ever since you arrived in Rendacia (but you need to be level 60 or higher). It is in Defel Desert and you can go already before doing any of the butterfly stories.

Are you 60 yet? You need to do the quest you can accept from the mummy girl Yayoi. Don't go alone, let other players get the guaranteed broach too.

After you beat a room, don't forget to check the sarcophagus afterwards. Take the secret treasure to Yayoi and after clearing her quest she will turn the secret treasures into actual items.

Ah, never mind, I made a mistake when someone was describing what to do next, I'm on that Arabian looking town's scenario. A friend had said the pyramid is coming up so I headed over that way. Seems I'm in the wrong area!

Shouta

Hrm, I guess now that I'm 60, I can sell my first pyramid for money. Time to hit Glen Castle 01 lol

Edit: Glen Castle on 01 is like the older lower jeuno in FFXI. So many shouts going on it's hard to figure out if anyone is interested.

I'm sorry if this has been answered a million times before, but how can I get this to work?

I created a Japanese Square-Enix account, downloaded the installer, got the free trial from Amazon JP, and registered it. Still not working. Is there an IP block? How do I get around that? Thanks in advance.

Aeana

I'm sorry if this has been answered a million times before, but how can I get this to work?

I created a Japanese Square-Enix account, downloaded the installer, got the free trial from Amazon JP, and registered it. Still not working. Is there an IP block? How do I get around that? Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is an IP block. You can get around it for free in a variety of ways, such as using the Japanese VPN servers from VPNGate, or by doing what PSO2 players use to play PSO2 (which works very well for DQ10, too) using the Amazon Web Services method.

So I made it through the offline portion of the game, created an ogre warrior, finished the ogre starting area, and got to the first "big" town. I went and talked to the king, got locked in a prison, and had a chat with what was basically a shorter version of Gandalf. Now I'm at a loss. I'm grinding to get level 14 gear, but I'm not sure how to advance the story. Is there a good resource for this? I really need to learn Japanese...

Also, thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the IP lock issue, Aeana. Even if I'm unable to progress much further due to the language barrier, I'm happy that I played as much as I did.

Aeana

There is a large community of English-speaking players at Dragon's Den, and they also have some quest guides. A lot of people there don't understand any Japanese at all, so I'm continually impressed that they've managed to play for as long as they have. And of course, I'm happy to help in any way I can, as well.

Gloam

I'm having a lot of trouble finishing up the 2.0 storyline. I'm doing the quest line with the
twin sisters.
and have just entered sepia land.

Seems you can't take your companions with you and have to fight the boss on your own. I'm a level 60 warrior and seem to be a little underdeveloped for the fight. I get wiped out within a few turns.

I reckon this is a good time to level up other classes and get some passive benefits going. I have Paladin and ItemMaster in the mid-twenties at the mmoment.

What level should I be to face off against the boss? Any advice would be apprwxoatwd.

extralite

Are you talking about the
stone statue in Mishua's memories
? The battle doesn't last long, if you bring enough high curative items you might be able to win.

Gloam

Are you talking about the
stone statue in Mishua's memories
? The battle doesn't last long, if you bring enough high curative items you might be able to win.

I can give it a go, where's a good place to buy a lotta high HP recovery items? Bazaar?

extralite

I guess. I never had to buy any myself. In the extreme case you would alternate between attacking and healing every turn. If you have the one handed sword skills you could also do miracle sword. If your attack is high enough you can attack and heal at the same time that way.

With my gladiator I defeated him before I had to heal once. With Sorina I had to heal a few times (because my attack wasn't as high with her minstrel but she has heal spells). Both had most passives but my level was only slightly higher than yours in my main's case and lower in Sorina's case.

This is just a symbolic battle. I mean you're alone in a prolonged playable cut scene.

Aeana

I was actually wondering about how I would beat that battle as priest, even with a decent spear. But I'm still a ways off from challenging it, since I've had so little time to play lately. Maybe I'll have a different job leveled high enough before I get to it.

Aeana

Also, for those to whom it is relevant and didn't know, it turns out you can buy Crysta through Rakuten on the SE site and they seem to accept foreign cards.

Gloam

Hmmm, thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to try and go up a couple of levels before trying again.

I think I might have bungled my skill point allocation with the warrior have about 50 in swords and 50 in the class specific trait. Feel like I could be doing more damage, mind you, that might have something to do with the sword I have. Should probably buy another sword as well.

Shouta

If you're playing warrior, I'd recommend at least going to 80 with your Class skill then dumping the rest into your weapon (sword, I guess). Then level up another sword job and dump some points into sword for the rest of the skills if you're lacking passives currently.

Going to 80 with your class skill on Warrior gives you +30 HP as a passive and additional +10 defense & strength too. 88 gives you an additional +10 defense which is nice but you can use the points to boost up your sword. Going to at least Miracle Sword, if not 42 for the additional attack in Sword is good.

Then get other passives as you need it.

Anyway, I sold my first pyramid run for 420,000 gold to 3 folks. Got an Osiris' piece too. Max MP is nice but I wanted Set's for the attack, lol. I also hit Rank 1 in the tumbler/lottery/fukubiki and got myself a boss coin. I should've done it in the 2.0 towns. D=

Gloam

If you're playing warrior, I'd recommend at least going to 80 with your Class skill then dumping the rest into your weapon (sword, I guess). Then level up another sword job and dump some points into sword for the rest of the skills if you're lacking passives currently.

Going to 80 with your class skill on Warrior gives you +30 HP as a passive and additional +10 defense & strength too. 88 gives you an additional +10 defense which is nice but you can use the points to boost up your sword. Going to at least Miracle Sword, if not 42 for the additional attack in Sword is good.

Then get other passives as you need it.

Anyway, I sold my first pyramid run for 420,000 gold to 3 folks. Got an Osiris' piece too. Max MP is nice but I wanted Set's for the attack, lol. I also hit Rank 1 in the tumbler/lottery/fukubiki and got myself a boss coin. I should've done it in the 2.0 towns. D=

Ta for the advice. Do you reckon it's worth doing the skill reset at this stage, or should I wait to hit the level cap and then redistribute the points. I have the miracle sword and the double attack skill already. Think I might need a new weapon too, I have the one handed sword with the red line going up the blade, can't remember what it's called.

Aeana

Wow, that is a lot. Hopefully I can do the same when the time comes.

extralite

Anyway, I sold my first pyramid run for 420,000 gold to 3 folks.
If you did that this week (the one that started on Sunday) you might want to do the same rooms again before the end of Saturday. You don't get broaches or even shards for replaying but money related items, like gold stones and such.

When I went to the pyramid for the first time with Sorina I had some of our team members accompany me and they went a second time to the same room when we took on the pyramid proper with my main. Everyone got a gold slime coin for the maze (except for my main of course). I guess that is the money related item that corresponds to a broach drop.

Anyway you might get something good for the replay as well.

As for other things you can sell for high prices, I heard of people selling the right to accompany them when they used their metal king slime coins (one of the few coins that cannot be traded or sold as an item). But the pyramid virginity is probably the highest priced thing you can sell.

Still, 420k only pays for like half of a good level 60 equipment set. Or one real good single piece (still not the best available). It's nice as a one-time bonus but it won't solve your general need for cash.

Shouta

Wow, that is a lot. Hopefully I can do the same when the time comes.

You can do it as soon as you hit 60 so shouldn't be too far off. Should be able to get 14-15k on Server 1 in front

If you did that this week (the one that started on Sunday) you might want to do the same rooms again before the end of Saturday. You don't get broaches or even shards for replaying but money related items, like gold stones and such.

When I went to the pyramid for the first time with Sorina I had some of our team members accompany me and they went a second time to the same room when we took on the pyramid proper with my main. Everyone got a gold slime coin for the maze (except for my main of course). I guess that is the money related item that corresponds to a broach drop.

Anyway you might get something good for the replay as well.

As for other things you can sell for high prices, I heard of people selling the right to accompany them when they used their metal king slime coins (one of the few coins that cannot be traded or sold as an item). But the pyramid virginity is probably the highest priced thing you can sell.

Still, 420k only pays for like half of a good level 60 equipment set. Or one real good single piece (still not the best available). It's nice as a one-time bonus but it won't solve your general need for cash.

I went into the 3rd room myself with these guys. So I still have 1-2 left for this week, I think? Can 1-2 be done with AI? 'cause that'd be fun for cash. I'm saving up for sets right now and sticking with my terrible 50 set for now, lol.

extralite

If you and the AI supports are strong enough, almost any room can be done solo. The first one should be easy. Second is already considerably more difficult.

But actually you can get broaches or at least shards for every single one of the seven rooms, once per week. So if you do the other rooms you haven't done yet you might get more broach related items, just not a guaranteed one because your first time is used up.

So a replay is taking on a room that you already cleared for the week, which would be 3. The third room might be hard for you solo, since you as a martial artist can neither heal, nor use support magic, nor do area attacks (all of which are needed for that room).

Money related treasures actually also drop for first clears in a week too, they're just less common. It's more like that you cannot get anymore broach items in a single week after clearing every room once and the money treasures are what's left.

muu

Just got an ip lock message from dqx. Thought they are finally cracking down on the Amazon servers... Then realized proxycap trial had expired. Whew.

Aeana

Just got an ip lock message from dqx. Thought they are finally cracking down on the Amazon servers... Then realized proxycap trial had expired. Whew.

My chest tightened up just from reading the first sentence of your post. Don't scare me like that. :(

demonkaze

I've been really considering diving in and importing the PC version of this but I was worried about a few things. I played the JP FFXI back at launch and there was a really helpful import community along with an LS (clan/guild) with import players that made getting things done and grouping up easier.

My knowledge with Japanese isn't the greatest but I can do fine enough with menu's and skills and all of that but my Kanji knowledge is really bad so the story is out of the question for me. Considering all of these things, is it worth me still importing it?

Aeana

I've been really considering diving in and importing the PC version of this but I was worried about a few things. I played the JP FFXI back at launch and there was a really helpful import community along with an LS (clan/guild) with import players that made getting things done and grouping up easier.

My knowledge with Japanese isn't the greatest but I can do fine enough with menu's and skills and all of that but my Kanji knowledge is really bad so the story is out of the question for me. Considering all of these things, is it worth me still importing it?
Well, there is a decently sized community of English players who play this game with very little Japanese knowledge, and they get along fine, helping each other out and such.

In fact, it impressed me so much that I decided I really wanted to help them. I'm personally fluent in Japanese, and I try to help people the best I can, but sometimes writing stuff in Japanese so they can match it with stuff in-game or in Japanese walkthrough sites is necessary, so I developed a program that lets you pull chat and system text out of the game so you can get more info from it, like via WWWJDIC or searching Japanese walkthrough sites, or whatever you wish.

I've also been picking at a menu translation which you can see here and here, but I don't know if/when I'll ever be able to release something like that, but it's something I'd like to do. I have some other ideas, as well, for easing the experience for English players, but my free time is so limited that I'm not sure what'll come to fruition and what won't.

Regardless, don't let your lack of Japanese understanding hold you back if you really want to play. I'm happy to help, as are the others in this thread who understand the language, and there's a whole community of people at Dragon's Den which is in my first link who are also happy to help as well.

demonkaze

Well, there is a decently sized community of English players who play this game with very little Japanese knowledge, and they get along fine, helping each other out and such.

In fact, it impressed me so much that I decided I really wanted to help them. I'm personally fluent in Japanese, and I try to help people the best I can, but sometimes writing stuff in Japanese so they can match it with stuff in-game or in Japanese walkthrough sites is necessary, so I developed a program that lets you pull chat and system text out of the game so you can get more info from it, like via WWWJDIC or searching Japanese walkthrough sites, or whatever you wish.

I've also been picking at a menu translation which you can see here and here, but I don't know if/when I'll ever be able to release something like that, but it's something I'd like to do. I have some other ideas, as well, for easing the experience for English players, but my free time is so limited that I'm not sure what'll come to fruition and what won't.

Regardless, don't let your lack of Japanese understanding hold you back if you really want to play. I'm happy to help, as are the others in this thread who understand the language, and there's a whole community of people at Dragon's Den which is in my first link who are also happy to help as well.

This was really helpful, thanks! If I get the digital version from amazon.jp, will I get a free month with it still?

Holy crap! That's crazy.
I wonder if you can get a c&d from SE for something like that.

demonkaze

I've been trying to set this up, following all the guides on Dragon's Den and unfortunately i've hit a bit of a problem. Whenever I run the launcher, I can't get the login boxes to appear while i'm running the VPN, giving me this error. Any way to get past this?

http://min.us/i/bnTKnAUHH6iFY

Aeana

It says there's no response from the server and to check your internet connection. Most likely, the VPN isn't working right. Can you get to sites in your browser when it's on?

demonkaze

Yeah I can still access the internet with my VPN on (using SoftEther). Does it matter if my brother, who's also in the same house is also using SoftEther to connect to the game too (which is working for him)?

Aeana

I can't imagine that would matter... But I'm really not sure. You might want to try using the Amazon Web Services method instead of SoftEther.

demonkaze

I can't imagine that would matter... But I'm really not sure. You might want to try using the Amazon Web Services method instead of SoftEther.

Yeah I think that might be best, i'll setup the AWS one tomorrow after work to see if that helps. Really looking forward to get stuck in after reading up a lot of information on the game!

muu

sounds like a VPN fuckup.

The only file you actually have to proxy is DQXGame.exe, which runs once all the version checks and initial login has gone through. Been running w/ that file set to constant VPN over amazon AWS for the last month w/ no issue.

Top Bottom