• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

draetenth

Thanks man, I appreciate it you don't really have to stick with her just as long you see if her Inclination and skills are up to snuff.

Is your pawn Aurora? A level 37 fighter? I just added you, but i can't summon her. I get a message about corrupt pawn data removed...

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't believe I found a Chris Chan pawn. I also can't believe I hired her, but the stats and equipment were pretty good. If a GAF user made it, props to you LOL

Don't use the Princess Zelda outfit. There's just tooo many.

At least Mercedes' outfit is cool.

The real fashion struggle is for tiny characters. Weight is at a premium, so an item's weight cannot be ignored.

I think you've won the fashion war.

Wowser.
1AE138B2FF35DB97D9FE6C93D145D710D49F75E1

8D08E0994FAB1DB5D72CABFD3C2CC4561592695C

E615D2B774341290432C44A585FB65A12A91DF1F

Also just met the duke, any non-spoiler/minor spoiler advice about the romance stuff or missable things?

Also I went Strider to Magick Archer, and wanna do Fighter or Warrior next. Which would make more sense progression wise?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
lol

I want to fashion dogma but...................THE STATS THOUGH!!!

NyApJCY.jpg

vadsyxa.jpg

The stats really probably aren't as important as you think they are. In the vanilla game that DLC stuff wasn't available anyways. Your pawn isn't going to start getting one shotted because she isn't wearing OP, end-game, bonus content gear.

Sarcasm

I am lvl 27, rank 3 strider, rank 10 ranger and rank 3 assassin. I get one shotted all the time.

I can't find any gear better then that dress too =S

Yeah, I dunno that the stats on mage gear is that critical. Ideally they won't be targetted at all.

To be a legend, one must first be remembered.
Also just met the duke, any non-spoiler/minor spoiler advice about the romance stuff or missable things?

Also I went Strider to Magick Archer, and wanna do Fighter or Warrior next. Which would make more sense progression wise?
Your Arisen's helmet looks weird with the other stuff. Rogues really have a bad assortment; it's like "cool hood/mask" or horricap.
LET THE FASHION WARS BEGUN ANEW!

Now... why do NPCs always walk into the wall in Gran Soren? I just don't get it.

And as far as class progression, unless you're looking for specific augments/skills just check out this chart for stat progression.

Yeah, I dunno that the stats on mage gear is that critical. Ideally they won't be targetted at all.

To be a legend, one must first be remembered.

Your Arisen's helmet looks weird with the other stuff. Rogues really have a bad assortment; it's like "cool hood/mask" or horricap.
LET THE FASHION WARS BEGUN ANEW!

Eh, I think it's the best light helmet I've found so far but it can look odd in stills for sure.

I really like my fashion, I'm going to cling to the Archer's Culottes forever.
fashiondogma1_by_realghostvids-d9p3amc.jpg

Also, what's the deal with Death in BBI? I've had it show up twice and just sprinted away out of fear, lol. Can I go toe to toe with it or is that a bad idea?

Steel

Banned
Also, what's the deal with Death in BBI? I've had it show up twice and just sprinted away out of fear, lol. Can I go toe to toe with it or is that a bad idea?

Damage you do to it carries over, but it'll run away pretty often. Sleep resistance is HIGHLY recommended. It'll one shot you no matter what if you get hit by the schythe, and your pawns are sent back to the rift when he kills them.

Samaritan

I've looked around and found nothing, but it seems like the sort of thing that has to exist by now. Is there any mod for comparing equipment in a shop window? I don't just mean the basic values, but a detailed breakdown of both the item you have currently equipped compared to the one you're looking at.

Ryne

Speaking about mods, I want a mod that zooms out from my arisen to show more of the field/general area. Of would that take too much suspense out of the game?

void666

Banned
So i'm fighting a metal golem. Last disk is way too high. I can't reach it. No archers in my team. Spells do shit. I'm almost giving up. What to do?

Is your pawn Aurora? A level 37 fighter? I just added you, but i can't summon her. I get a message about corrupt pawn data removed...

Yes that is her, now I know why she isn't getting hired that is very good to know, maybe it has to do with me using the vocation rank cheat.(I had a max vocations on PS3, so on PC I wanted her to have max vocation on Fighter immediately)

No big deal I guess,anyway to delete my pawn and do a fresh start with her?

The stats really probably aren't as important as you think they are. In the vanilla game that DLC stuff wasn't available anyways. Your pawn isn't going to start getting one shotted because she isn't wearing OP, end-game, bonus content gear.

but.....but..........da stats doe!!! lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Check the Inn go to storage.

You also have an eternal ferrystone there that can teleport you anywhere.
No, I'm sorry, I have my pawn wearing it (I hadn't realized there was such resentment of it, I just saw it in my inventory)

I'm wondering where it came from in the first place
Looks >>>stats

Whenever i'm in the rift and i see a pawn wearing duchess outfit i send them back.
gotta get that thing off her damn

Steel

Banned
No, I'm sorry, I have my pawn wearing it (I hadn't realized there was such resentment of it, I just saw it in my inventory)

I'm wondering where it came from in the first place

Oh, right. It was DLC on consoles. and the PC version gives you all the DLC.

Baalzebup

but.....but..........da stats doe!!! lol

I'll ask again:

This is something dredged up from my memories, but would you check defenses and resistances from the character info as a whole between the dress and a more traditional multi-piece collection of armor and clothing.

I seem to remember that the equipment screen comparison is quite dishonest about it due to how the comparison is being done. Like it doesn't count your arm, legs and feet armor slots at all or something like that.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
The Aelinore look is always in season. Peerless stats, peerless style.

She's the Duchess of dernier cri.

Lord have mercy. Double Maelstrom is life. Throw that in the middle of a room and go for a bathroom break. Shit is over.

If my main pawn and me are both sorcerers how should I round out the party? I'd really like a pawn that climbs often, what inclination is that? I've got a mage too atm but all they're really doing is giving heals that I need up missing 90% of the time.

Yes that is her, now I know why she isn't getting hired that is very good to know, maybe it has to do with me using the vocation rank cheat.(I had a max vocations on PS3, so on PC I wanted her to have max vocation on Fighter immediately)

No big deal I guess,anyway to delete my pawn and do a fresh start with her?

I checked too. Same error.

The aelinore outfit is only really outdone by everfall gear, everything before that is either worse or as good.
Though other armour pieces will definitely get you better resistances.

Also I updated my pawn with a darker set of armour, just for fun, before I change her to have more BBI gear next week. Though this set isn't as good as what she was wearing before, defence wise and resistances wise.

Vamphuntr

Are you listening to your pawns? They should tell you its skin is like iron, you should be attacking a certain part.

Yeah you have to hit him in the eye
. I think my magic cannon is not targeting well and I don't have ranged skills. .

I hate human(pawn?) enemies at the end of BBI with passion

they have almost infinite poise and it's hard to break even with warhammer.

Go to the stairs then jump and climb on it's eyes and stab it.

I'll try this. Thanks!

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
The only reason it's even possible for Arousing Suspicion to end with
Edmun strangling Aelinore to death
is because Aelinore changed into a nightgown. If she was still wearing her dress during that quest she'd just be all "You seen the numbers on this shit, Duke? No way you're getting through these duds bare-handed."

And then the Duke would stop drooling and everyone would have a good laugh until Feste calls Meloireans a bunch of frogs and everyone politely chuckles like they think he's joking even though they know he totally isn't and everything gets all awkward.

Thinking about getting this, what others games is this like?

Remember in Dragon Age: Origins how, when you finished off an Ogre with a melee character, they would rush up, leap onto it, knock it down, and slay it with a swift strike of their blade? Remember how cool that was and how you wish that was the whole game?

Wish no longer.

Top Bottom